Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

DS buses tend to always be the slowest. Not sure why

Yes! And I swear it's been that way for years, no matter what resort. I can remember waiting at the Contemporary to go to DS (6 or 6:30 in the evening which I would think was a busier time to head there) and we waited FOREVER. I don't even want to bother trying to get there this year!

Ugghhh! This trip is turning out to be so aggrivating! We booked 2 rooms for December with a free dining bounceback last September. I only booked the 2 day parkhoppers that were required because I wasn't sure how many days my DS & DDIL wanted at Disney. Then when the construction announcement happened, I tried to change resorts & was denied. But guest services did give us the $75 off per night since we had no choice but to stay at CBR.

I just called to increase our tickets to 7 day hoppers. The CM had o contact guest services. Guest services won't let us increase the tickets. They are saying any change, including just giving them more money for more ticket days will negate the room discount. The CRO CM was nice, she suggested that we can increase our tickets after we get there. Which of course, I already know & expect that's what we'll do. But now we will only be able to make advance fastpasses for 2 days. Actually, I guess 3 because we will get Christmas party tickets too. So we should be able to make fastpasses one day with those too.

So aggrivating! I wanted to change resorts & was refused. Now I can't even give them more money & increase my tickets!!! :headache: I get the feeling they think I'm trying to scam them or something. This was not my fault! The CBR construction is still screwing up my vacation!

We booked a 5 night stay in Feb for Jan 2018 and received the email for $75 gift card for each night of our stay. Last week we decided to increase our stay to 7 nights and added one night onto each end of our existing reservation. The CM on the phone wasn't sure if we would get a GC for 5 nights or 7. Any guesses or similar experiences?

pirate: We have 54 Days Before The Mast...

CBR Reservation confirmed - CHECK
ADRs made - CHECK
Acquire bib and drop cloth for when I drool over International Food and Wine menus - CHECK
FP made, including Avatar Flight of Passage - CHECK
Wild Africa Trek Tour Reservation - CHECK
Rental car - waiting to see if Hubby earns more points via work travel to make it cheaper...

What am I forgetting? I already prepared for this trip, and I can't imagine that's right?!

Ugghhh! This trip is turning out to be so aggrivating! We booked 2 rooms for December with a free dining bounceback last September. I only booked the 2 day parkhoppers that were required because I wasn't sure how many days my DS & DDIL wanted at Disney. Then when the construction announcement happened, I tried to change resorts & was denied. But guest services did give us the $75 off per night since we had no choice but to stay at CBR.

I just called to increase our tickets to 7 day hoppers. The CM had o contact guest services. Guest services won't let us increase the tickets. They are saying any change, including just giving them more money for more ticket days will negate the room discount. The CRO CM was nice, she suggested that we can increase our tickets after we get there. Which of course, I already know & expect that's what we'll do. But now we will only be able to make advance fastpasses for 2 days. Actually, I guess 3 because we will get Christmas party tickets too. So we should be able to make fastpasses one day with those too.

So aggrivating! I wanted to change resorts & was refused. Now I can't even give them more money & increase my tickets!!! :headache: I get the feeling they think I'm trying to scam them or something. This was not my fault! The CBR construction is still screwing up my vacation!
Ya know what.... I would just call again in a week or so and ask to add more PH days to your tickets... We all know that we (on the Dis) know more then the CM's know... ya know? It couldn't hurt and who knows, you may just get someone who will say, "I can help you with that!" (Pixie Dust!!!) Try it and let us know how it turned out! Disney not accepting more money??!!??? That's a new one for the books!

I don't understand this. I actually decreased our parkhoppers from 10 days to 9 online and added free dining to our reservation with no issues at all. I still have the same reservation number that I got when making the original booking, the same one that was quoted in our $75 gift card email from Disney.

Did you try doing changes via MyDisneyExperience?

Ya know what.... I would just call again in a week or so and ask to add more PH days to your tickets... We all know that we (on the Dis) know more then the CM's know... ya know? It couldn't hurt and who knows, you may just get someone who will say, "I can help you with that!" (Pixie Dust!!!) Try it and let us know how it turned out! Disney not accepting more money??!!??? That's a new one for the books!
or try calling Disney tickets and see what they suggest. Does seem odd.

Thanks for the replies. I originally got the ticket line, but she had to transfer me to resort reservations because it is a package reservation, not just tickets. She said she could sell me the holiday party tickets, but not make adjustments to packages.

So she transferred me to a regular CRO CM. She originally quoted me a price based on my original price. When I told her I had the price adjustment in Feb after he construction was announced, she found an "alert" on the reservation. That's when she contacted guest services. I did not speak to guest services myself. But she explained that because I had this "special offer" attached to my reservation, I could not make any changes at all. Not even to increase tickets. Any change at all would remove the special offer. So this is coming from guest services already.

I also received the email about the gift card. I have no idea if we are actually going to get the gift card or not, since we already have the $75 off.

I thought more about it & we also have 1 fastpass that was given at he same time as we got the discount applied. Just 1, not 1 day's worth. So that will help in another day. Luckily my DS & DDIL mostly care about MK & Star Wars stuff. They have no interest in Pandora or FEA at Epcot. They only want AK for the safari. So I can fp one day at DS, 1 at Epcot, MK afternoon with our party tickets & then the safari with the single fp. Then we can add stuff that's available after we increase our tickets. It's just aggravating to have to play this game!

She is a big Harry Potter fan, so we are doing Universal 1 day. I'll have to talk with them later, maybe they'll want 2 days there instead, since we can't increase our tickets now anyway.

Edit to add: the CM did say I can buy & link the holiday tickets. That they are not part of the resort reservation. I hope so, since I'll need to link them in MDE to make the fastpasses.

Last edited:
I don't understand this. I actually decreased our parkhoppers from 10 days to 9 online and added free dining to our reservation with no issues at all. I still have the same reservation number that I got when making the original booking, the same one that was quoted in our $75 gift card email from Disney.

Did you try doing changes via MyDisneyExperience?

There is no link in my MDE reservation info to make changes. I did get the $75 gift card email, but before the gift card was offered, I had called to change resorts. I couldn't change because we have a free dining bounce back booked. But I was given $75 off our room per night. So it is a bit different than just the gift card offer.

I understand losing the offer if I tried to adjust my resort length of stay or the dates. Just doesn't make sense that increasing (not even decreasing!) the number of ticket days would negate it. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the replies. I originally got the ticket line, but she had to transfer me to resort reservations because it is a package reservation, not just tickets. She said she could sell me the holiday party tickets, but not make adjustments to packages.

So she transferred me to a regular CRO CM. She originally quoted me a price based on my original price. When I told her I had the price adjustment in Feb after he construction was announced, she found an "alert" on the reservation. That's when she contacted guest services. I did not speak to guest services myself. But she explained that because I had this "special offer" attached to my reservation, I could not make any changes at all. Not even to increase tickets. Any change at all would remove the special offer. So this is coming from guest services already.

I also received the email about the gift card. I have no idea if we are actually going to get the gift card or not, since we already have the $75 off.

I thought more about it & we also have 1 fastpass that was given at he same time as we got the discount applied. Just 1, not 1 day's worth. So that will help in another day. Luckily my DS & DDIL mostly care about MK & Star Wars stuff. They have no interest in Pandora or FEA at Epcot. They only want AK for the safari. So I can fp one day at DS, 1 at Epcot, MK afternoon with our party tickets & then the safari with the single fp. Then we can add stuff that's available after we increase our tickets. It's just aggravating to have to play this game!

She is a big Harry Potter fan, so we are doing Universal 1 day. I'll have to talk with them later, maybe they'll want 2 days there instead, since we can't increase our tickets now anyway.

Edit to add: the CM did say I can buy & link the holiday tickets. That they are not part of the resort reservation. I hope so, since I'll need to link them in MDE to make the fastpasses.

I'm assuming you do NOT have a travel agent? Just throwing that out there because if you do, they have to call and make any changes. If you don't have a travel agent, call back, explain what you're wanting to do again, and INSIST that they transfer you to Guest Relations. I didn't have the same situation as you, but I was switched resorts then told I couldn't add free dining. The CM put me on hold and said GR could not help because the package could not be modified in any way. After insisting to speak with Guest Relations, they took care of it in less than 5 mins. So, not exactly the same situation, but just pointing out that CM will claim to be told nothing can be done from GR, but that isn't always the case. I was also told that GR is the only one who can modify packages that have any sort of construction courtesy on them since there's a note attached to them in the system that says they can't be modified. I know some people have been able to make changes with a regular CM, but I think it all depends on the CM. I really do think Guest Relations should be able to help you out though.

I'm assuming you do NOT have a travel agent? Just throwing that out there because if you do, they have to call and make any changes. If you don't have a travel agent, call back, explain what you're wanting to do again, and INSIST that they transfer you to Guest Relations. I didn't have the same situation as you, but I was switched resorts then told I couldn't add free dining. The CM put me on hold and said GR could not help because the package could not be modified in any way. After insisting to speak with Guest Relations, they took care of it in less than 5 mins. So, not exactly the same situation, but just pointing out that CM will claim to be told nothing can be done from GR, but that isn't always the case. I was also told that GR is the only one who can modify packages that have any sort of construction courtesy on them since there's a note attached to them in the system that says they can't be modified. I know some people have been able to make changes with a regular CM, but I think it all depends on the CM. I really do think Guest Relations should be able to help you out though.

Thank you! No, no travel agent. That is a good suggestion to talk to them myself. I'll try back another day when I have time to sit on the phone for another hour. Think I'll confirm our room requests with DDIL before I call & try to get everything done in 1 call. I truest understand not changing my reservation. I have just never heard anyone say that adding ticket days constitites changing your reservation. Thanks again!

I don't understand how you are not allowed to make any changes NOW but you CAN later when in the park - by adding more Park tickets. Just doesn't make sense to me whether you do it now or later. ah well...

I don't understand how you are not allowed to make any changes NOW but you CAN later when in the park - by adding more Park tickets. Just doesn't make sense to me whether you do it now or later. ah well...

Me either. The only drawback to doing it later is we can't make fastpasses for all our days at our 60 day mark. Bummer, but since we're all adults with no interest in Frozen or Pandora, we'll survive.

Thanks all for letting me vent! It's a drawback but in the end I'll be at Disney with my DS & DDIL for the first time. So how bad can that be, right?! :goodvibes

Me either. The only drawback to doing it later is we can't make fastpasses for all our days at our 60 day mark. Bummer, but since we're all adults with no interest in Frozen or Pandora, we'll survive.

Thanks all for letting me vent! It's a drawback but in the end I'll be at Disney with my DS & DDIL for the first time. So how bad can that be, right?! :goodvibes
Good for you!! Great attitude!

There is no link in my MDE reservation info to make changes. I did get the $75 gift card email, but before the gift card was offered, I had called to change resorts. I couldn't change because we have a free dining bounce back booked. But I was given $75 off our room per night. So it is a bit different than just the gift card offer.

I understand losing the offer if I tried to adjust my resort length of stay or the dates. Just doesn't make sense that increasing (not even decreasing!) the number of ticket days would negate it. Thanks for the reply!

It's like Disney is looking for a reason, any reason, to take back their offer to you.

Getting the regular free dining plan with $75/night off the room rate and a $75/night in gift cards would definitely make me reluctant to mess with anything that could jeopardize it. Great deal!!

Have a wonderful trip with your family.

It's like Disney is looking for a reason, any reason, to take back their offer to you.

Getting the regular free dining plan with $75/night off the room rate and a $75/night in gift cards would definitely make me reluctant to mess with anything that could jeopardize it. Great deal!!

Have a wonderful trip with your family.

Thanks so much! And you are probably right about them looking for a reason to take back the discount. I'm not positive we'll actually get the gift cards. I will ask about it since I got the email. But I'm not gonna fight it if they say no. Heck, I was happy with free dining, let alone $75 off a night. I definitely don't want to jeopardize that. I'm even a little nervous to add the Christmas party tickets.

DDIL hasn't been to Disney in over 20 years & she is really excited, so I just want things to go well for her. This joint trip was even her idea. DH & I get APs & go a few times a year. So as long as DDIL has a good time, which I'm sure she will, nothing else will matter. She's a wonderful DDIL & we are thrilled she wants to vacation with us!

How are the buildings in Martinque? Are they to close to construction? Is Jamauca or Aruba better to request?
Martinque is pretty much in the middle of the areas they are working on, since it's right next to what used to be Barbados. This is why they opted to remove the area from the Preferred room location. It's also sort of behind the temp walls they put up to section off the temp Food Tent. If you want isolated it would be a decent spot but personally I wouldn't opt to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter