Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I think it is a typical Disney not-policy situation, where it depends on the cast members you're dealing with. I stayed at POFQ for a conference that was being held offsite and Ubered back and forth (because seriously, how could I go to Orlando and stay at a Marriott?!? ;) ). Most of the time drivers had no problem getting in to the resort, but there was one occasion (out of 5 or 6 pick-ups) where a security guard didn't want to allow the driver past the gate. From talking to a different driver later in the week, I gather it is partly a matter of how the driver handles it - saying they're from Uber doesn't always go over well with security, but saying they're meeting a friend who is staying at the resort works just fine - but also variable depending on who is manning the gate at any given time. And it is possible that some drivers have a standard pick-up point for the resort, rather than trying to coordinate meeting in the villages.
Aha! Makes sense.

We are arriving November 2017. Getting so much closer!! We are so excited and will be in a pirate room. It's our first time to stay at Caribbean Beach, and even though there is construction we are still so excited! :) I am requesting building 36 because it looks like it is closest to the bus stop. Is there any other requests I should make before arriving?? Thank you!

Hmmm. I was there in August and had Uber pick me up twice at my village. Wasn't a problem at all. Maybe something's changed?
I saw your post and i thought "wow! i wish that happened to us!" :) im not sure. all i know is that we had trouble on two separate occasions.

I saw your post and i thought "wow! i wish that happened to us!" :) im not sure. all i know is that we had trouble on two separate occasions.
Another poster said that sometimes the security guards won't let them in! I guess I got lucky. I suppose next time I can use the Minnie Vans, but they seem more pricey than Uber. I agree with you that the most frustrating thing at CBR was the fact that you needed to use the internal bus or Bell Services to get back to the Custom House. I didn't like the feeling that I was dependent on them, and it took so much time. Booked a Christmas week trip on impluse a few weeks back, and am going back to CBR. The price was right, even compared to the values! But now I know what I'm getting into. :)

Spin-off of the Uber discussion... Is there much parking available near Custom House? If I need to get there to meet an Uber driver to get to an early breakfast ADR, could I leave my van there for the day? (yeah, I could just drive to/from the park, but that's our Epcot day and, well, :drinking1:laughing:)

She read something about there being no direct buses at CBR to take us to the water parks, that we will have to take a bus to a theme park or Disney Springs, and then transfer to the parks.:wave:

For Typhoon Lagoon you will have to take the Disney Springs bus and transfer to the Typhoon Lagoon bus there.

For Blizzard Beach you will take the Animal Kingdom bus and transfer to a Blizzard Beach bus there.

Exceptions to this are Coronado Springs Resort and the All-Star Resort who still enjoy direct bus service to Blizzard Beach.:)

Spin-off of the Uber discussion... Is there much parking available near Custom House? If I need to get there to meet an Uber driver to get to an early breakfast ADR, could I leave my van there for the day? (yeah, I could just drive to/from the park, but that's our Epcot day and, well, :drinking1:laughing:)
There is "check-in parking" available at Custom House-I would ask the Cast at CH about parking there all day.:)

You could also use a Minnie Van, too. I betcha the Security Guards let them in no problem! I haven't tried them yet, but apparently they should be resort-wide by now and there's an app.

For Typhoon Lagoon you will have to take the Disney Springs bus and transfer to the Typhoon Lagoon bus there.

For Blizzard Beach you will take the Animal Kingdom bus and transfer to a Blizzard Beach bus there.

Exceptions to this are Coronado Springs Resort and the All-Star Resort who still enjoy direct bus service to Blizzard Beach.:)
Thank you! We were looking at the transportation maps from August, 2016, and wondered if they were still current, or if an updated map is available. We may just be bringing our swimming attire with us to the parks now,:fish:

Another poster said that sometimes the security guards won't let them in! I guess I got lucky. I suppose next time I can use the Minnie Vans, but they seem more pricey than Uber. I agree with you that the most frustrating thing at CBR was the fact that you needed to use the internal bus or Bell Services to get back to the Custom House. I didn't like the feeling that I was dependent on them, and it took so much time. Booked a Christmas week trip on impluse a few weeks back, and am going back to CBR. The price was right, even compared to the values! But now I know what I'm getting into. :)

You didn't get lucky, the other poster got unlucky as they ran into a misinformed guard. We have friends there right now and they've had an ADR at another resort and used Uber every day for the last 8 days. Every time they were picked up at their building. We've probably taken 15-20 cab/Uber rides over the years and every time been picked up at our building. Before Uber I used to call Bell Services to get our cab and they always said "be at the circular drive in 10 minutes".

Last edited:
I am here right now, had a Lyft driver pick me up in Jamaica parking lot on Thurs with no problem. Had another Lyft driver pick me up @ Universal and bring me back to Jamaica and he had no problem getting past security guard, he just showed his Lyft ID

Also tonight they were coming around to all the rooms and delivering the CBR cooler bags that people were getting when they first started construction ( yes the pins were in my room when I checked in). The bags had a flashlight and a.ll kinds of snacks in them. They are doing their best to take care of their guests during Irma

We just got home yesterday and I have to say, I wouldnt stay at CBR again. Im not much of a complainer but it was really difficult to get around. We had a few early breakfast reservations and we had bus issues getting to MK for an 8am Crystal Palace breakfast so we decided to get a Lyft or taxi to Boardwalk for our 8am Trattoria Al Forno rez the next day. They wont let the taxis in to pick you up at your building. You have to go to the customs house (which you have to take an internal bus to because its not walkable since they removed all the walkways) and then get a taxi from there. So no matter how you try to do it, its 20-30 minutes before you can even get in a car service.
The overall service was mediocre. We called and very sweetly asked if they could get someone from bell services to come pick us up to take us to the customs house to meet our lyft and they did. But another evening I tried to call to order pizza for my daughter and they never even answered the phone. I called multiple times.
Pros: The rooms were nice and the beds were VERY comfortable.
The construction wasnt such a big deal.

I'm sorry to read about your experience- we used lyft the entire time we were there (8/27-9/3) and lyft picked us up right outside our building every single time without question. We typically had a lyft withing 10 minutes of requesting on on the app.

Noticed a few posts about walkways not being available due to construction. We're going to be in a pirate room in early November, will there/are there any walkways to use to get around CBR from Trinidad South? Thanks.

Noticed a few posts about walkways not being available due to construction. We're going to be in a pirate room in early November, will there/are there any walkways to use to get around CBR from Trinidad South? Thanks.
Absolutely-the only walkways "down" are from Aruba to Martinique(this is the old Barbados area and is where Disney Riviera Resort will be) and from Martinique to OPR(Martinique Guests now go around the front of OPR to access the Pool,Centertown Buffet,etc.).:)

Hello from CBR Aruba 54! We checked in at 8am successfully... a very wonderful CM at the front desk was helpful and told me a few tidbits of news...

IN 2021 PLAN TO COME TO WDW THE ANNIVERSARY IS SUPPOSED TO BE HUGE AND ALL WDW CONSTRUCTION SHALL BE COMPLETED SAY DISNEY ON HIGH :)

We also chatted about the new Star Wars resort which made this 501st member's heart sing.

Things at CBR are still operational until 3 pm, and we have been told that as they monitor the storm watch channel 3 for details here. The lunch kits for purchase at the market right now are 6$ each and contain either a turkey or Italian sub, dorito chips, cookies, kind fruit and nut snack bar... much better than was pictured from folks that stayed for Matthew last October.

Take care and be safe all that are here or in the storm...

Riding the storm out at Disney, there are worst things...

UPDATE: Hello from Jamaica bldg 46.... yes, new location.

DUE TO MAJOR PLUMBING ISSUES in our old location (this includes pulling out the toilet) we were moved...

The good is we actually got my location requests fulfilled including being in the same building as a free style machine... wood woot!

The bad the dresser drawers keep opening all by themselves :(

Things are closing down at the resort and curfew begins for this area at 7 pm and lasts till Monday night at 6pm

I'll keep you posted when I can about how the resort held up.

Riding the storm out at CRB... stay safe everyone!

Uh-oh. Just looked at online check for our arrival 9/29 and the only room requests I can make are "Martinique Village" and "Corner Room." Will I do better calling in to put in my room requests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter