• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

OK, I see that now... I've already got a reservation for 5 next year for CBR, and when I tried for fun to add an infant, it wouldn't let me. But I tried changing he dates and now I can (so apparently the dates for which I made a reservation for just one month ago are now booked full).

Oh, there is a known issue with the +1 on the website. You usually have to call. The system doesn't recognize the infant ad not counting against the occupancy limit.

I've seen multiple posts regarding the easy access to the Coke Freestyle machines at this resort. Do they work with the refillable mugs or what's the deal with them? Thanks!

I've seen multiple posts regarding the easy access to the Coke Freestyle machines at this resort. Do they work with the refillable mugs or what's the deal with them? Thanks!
Yes, they work with the refillable mugs. They don't work with anything else, as they read the RFID chips in order to work. We did find that there's often a line at the machines, but usually only with 2 or 3 people. Our room was close to the Jamaica freestyle machine, so we refilled our mugs twice a day, which we never did when you could only refill at OPR. Fun to try new concoctions each time!

There is also a Beverage Station in Centertown Buffet(it is not chip-sensitive-Guests are on the "honor system"(the Buffet does include free drinks from the Beverage Station)).:)

I'm booked for January 8th-15th! We're excited, it's my first time at CBR and while I know it's not an ideal first impression, it doesn't sound that bad. And having easy access to a Freestyle machine sounds sweet. I have some mobility issues and I use a cane when I know I will be walking long distances. I booked a king room for me and the spouse. I'm definitely going to make a request for the first floor, but are there any specific buildings anyone recommends?

Also, this is our first time with a Dining Plan, we have regular plan. I think we'll be stuffed silly all the time!

Also, this is our first time with a Dining Plan, we have regular plan. I think we'll be stuffed silly all the time!

That's entirely possible, lol! We're long time DDP users and have learned to do things a little bit differently as time goes on. We often have at least one signature (double credit) dinner and have discovered that you can make a decent meal from careful use the snack credits. For the day you don't have a TS meal use snack credits (no, not Mickey bars- you can get actual food as a snack) to get through the day and have that CS meal for dinner. There are also many CS meals that can be shared, like the Chicken/Rib combo at Flame Tree BBQ. Be creative and whatever you do don't end up like so many folks and leave credits unused or find yourself getting tons of candy and treats to take home just to use them up.

Booked right now for March 1-7th for our baby moon! It will be our first time at CBR, we’ve stayed value and mod in the past. I was booked at CSR but found a good AP rate for a king room. I’m nervous about the construction. I stayed at CSR in April and the construction really didn’t bother me much. But from what I’m reading it sounds like the construction is very major. Also I’ve read some bad things about the state of the rooms. What % of the rooms have been upgraded? Any other tips from veterans?

Booked right now for March 1-7th for our baby moon! It will be our first time at CBR, we’ve stayed value and mod in the past. I was booked at CSR but found a good AP rate for a king room. I’m nervous about the construction. I stayed at CSR in April and the construction really didn’t bother me much. But from what I’m reading it sounds like the construction is very major. Also I’ve read some bad things about the state of the rooms. What % of the rooms have been upgraded? Any other tips from veterans?
There is no room upgrade happening.

Booked right now for March 1-7th for our baby moon! It will be our first time at CBR, we’ve stayed value and mod in the past. I was booked at CSR but found a good AP rate for a king room. I’m nervous about the construction. I stayed at CSR in April and the construction really didn’t bother me much. But from what I’m reading it sounds like the construction is very major. Also I’ve read some bad things about the state of the rooms. What % of the rooms have been upgraded?

100%.

Any other tips from veterans?

Enjoy your trip! CBR is our favorite moderate. If you want to be away from the construction I suggest Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. If you want to be very close to the Main Feature Pool and food tent I suggest Martinique or Trinidad North.

Does anyone know the price for breakfast and for dinner for the buffet? Thanks! Will be there in less than 3 weeks :)

Well I’m glad we’ll get an updated room, but then that makes me wonder since I’ve seen recent room complaints. I’m so torn! Might just try it out. However I just noticed that the food court was closed (apparently I’m missing a lot) we always eat breakfast at the resort. So I might need to rethink things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter