• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone think next year once the sky liner is there the cost for staying here will go up much?

I asked the same thing a few weeks ago. No one seems to know for sure. I'm tentatively planning a May 2019 trip and would love to stay at CBR as long as most of the actual resort construction is finished. I'd like to have an idea of what it will cost and worry that the price will go up quite a bit.

I asked the same thing a few weeks ago. No one seems to know for sure. I'm tentatively planning a May 2019 trip and would love to stay at CBR as long as most of the actual resort construction is finished. I'd like to have an idea of what it will cost and worry that the price will go up quite a bit.

When does everyone expect the construction to be completed by

I have also talked to a castmember and she had stated that the renovations should be completed by the time my trip starts in November.
I realize the Skyliner and Riveria will still be going on.

Has everyone who was promised the $75 gift card for staying during construction been receiving them easily?
Do you have to physically go to check in to get it or can you just go to your room and it will be there if you checked in online?
Thanks so much in advance!

Has everyone who was promised the $75 gift card for staying during construction been receiving them easily?

Yes.

Do you have to physically go to check in to get it or can you just go to your room and it will be there if you checked in online?

You have to pick them up either at the Front Desk or the Concierge Desk. They will not be in your room.

Any chance it could be opened up in stages ?
E.G The food areas opened before the new check in area, which will presumably be at the car park side of the building.

I guess it's possible, but we won't know that until November at the earliest.

I believe you have to collect it from Custom House. Also, bear in mind, it wasn't for staying during construction ,it was for booking before construction was announced (March 20th 2017 I think)

Any chance it could be opened up in stages ?
E.G The food areas opened before the new check in area, which will presumably be at the car park side of the building.

I'm hoping the new check in area opens even before Old Port Royale, etc. but probably doubtful. Would love to avoid going to Custom House!

If some members of the family want to have food from the food truck and others want the buffet, can we all go inside the tent to eat together? Or, do you have to get the buffet to go in there? Also, are the food trucks near the tent?

Any updates on when Spyglass will open and what will be on the menu?

If some members of the family want to have food from the food truck and others want the buffet, can we all go inside the tent to eat together? Or, do you have to get the buffet to go in there? Also, are the food trucks near the tent?

Any updates on when Spyglass will open and what will be on the menu?
Centertown Buffet is open to all-you can take food from the Food Truck(right outside Centertown Buffet) in there and eat it there or go in just to access the Beverage island to refill mugs(the tent remains open to Guests even "in between" Breakfast and Dinner Buffets).

Buffet Guests are given a wristband.

They are shooting for a March open for Spyglass-no info yet on menu.:)

We're just over a month away from our next stay at CBR and I haven't seen much on this thread about people's experiences with the "daily room check". I've been wondering, does anyone have a recent experience to share? Thanks.

My mom had one last week while we were there. She did not like that a random solo male waltzed in to her room to 'check' on... well, whatever. She was sick and took Thursday and Friday to hole up in her room. I DID warn her it was possible/probable as soon as she turned housekeeping away and sure enough on Thursday a guy knocked and woke her up from a nap, came in, walked the room, checked the bathroom (pulled back the shower curtain), and then walked back out. Mom called the manager on duty and had a chat about the 'well checks' and the manager said Vegas (obviously) and health checks. That people get sick (even die) when they are in their room, alone, sick/sicker than they let on and need medical attention. So.... it will happen if you turn away mousekeeping. Mom would have preferred they come in when my dad or we were also there (they had their own room in another part of the resort separate from ours).

It did not happen to us AT ALL, that I know of. Me, DH, DS(5). We were at CBR Sat-Sat and at the parks Sun, Tue, Thu, Fri, and at the resort/poolside Mon & Wed.

My review as a 1st timer @ CBR
: It was Fine (hint: Imma use 'fine' a lot). :drinking:

We usually stay at Pop Century because we are PARK people. Open to close, park people. We can take an afternoon to hit the pools but we'd rather be at the parks or Disney Springs running ourselves ragged. This time we opted to go for 7 days but only hit the parks on 4 days.

CBR is heavily under construction and it sucks not having the main dining/food court area. We stayed in a pirate room at Trinidad South Bldg 35. The giant 'tent' for the buffet is fine. It gets crowded very easily. The food was fine. Buffet foods. We went to the big pool one day and that thing is just amazing. My son (5) had the BEST time at the giant splash pad. My parents were in a preferred room in Trinidad North and it was next to a smaller pool and steps from the bus stop. I only HEARD construction noise when we were at the large pool. The bus service was always fine. Never had a long wait or problem there.

We did not take up the $10 per day offer for no mousekeeping. We were on vacation and needed a LOT of towels. 8-)

They had a pylon already up for the Skyliner and it will go Epcot, the new Riviera, H.S. CBR, and AoA/Pop.

The freestyle coke machines were handy. It somehow knew you had filled up your cup and had to wait a certain amount of time before you could refill (via magic bands??) but we'd usually fill up before going to the pool or on a walk so it wasn't really an issue.

My dad took my son to watch Tangled over by the big pool on Wed night while we saw Black Panther at DS. Awesomeness all around. The Dolby theater at AMC/DS is huge. My son had never seen Tangled before so that was great :cloud9:.

that's all I can think of related to CBR for now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter