Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Are the breakfast platters at Centertown big enough to share?

For us no. We got the breakfast bowl. It was eggs, home fries, and meat. I'd say 2 eggs, a normal order of home fries, and I got 2 pieces of chorizo. It was enough to eat, but wouldn't have been sharing. If you aren't big eaters or have small children probably.

For us no. We got the breakfast bowl. It was eggs, home fries, and meat. I'd say 2 eggs, a normal order of home fries, and I got 2 pieces of chorizo. It was enough to eat, but wouldn't have been sharing. If you aren't big eaters or have small children probably.
Thanks for the info. I was debating whether or not to use my quick service credits for breakfast or do a grocery delivery and seems we'll be better off with grocery delivery.

Are the breakfast platters at Centertown big enough to share?

This is two breakfast platters and an adult size order of Mickey waffles. My DH, our 4-year-old and I shared the two platters, but the 4yo only eats scrambled eggs. I don't think it's enough for two adults to share, unless they are both very light eaters.

8iBU1sjHAHQo5pmw-yPqIe4mZf1B5BgFC1VliU8hVW4D7DafoCx6CyJbmtUoZxPtyn_WYr-vI_CVLhcVW9yCbkzuG0QGckD_st4-2td8uB4Q8XSy5j2C318om7PbswGHPYrUiSC21DJZ7sYk02fEvSH_04MF4Ib4j7EygVIQM-Zawtdw6m0qWY-KaX6KIvDzX2SkyDMt4n7HhNo6PcqBvcwBLmCT36kRgv5n7TBkcEAAsGvOs4cxx3XHNnymGQhEUF_S2keP-a58YIHDZMwxkCLKgn9gWFEE2Uj5josIJ-bWRew-Pk8mTahsiEZ6PRobxwVv3O5i5l9f-GUyCe92A7KKdigdj2_J76VDeKTlciWmKBl-dncugCxDpgYfsZ0x1JVpT06vk4tWOXLzlkSj8dZFZsdPG1Ocx429oRapWRMBe-7u7VF33NDLHpCsNeuPMC-kMVMLLf9kjiDYUrFlu3I-LRn353ge1p8rFEznm3sdR1gLu8lpM8aDMudTgfEEDRiU6sx_UUSwx03uwSYQaNiQHoqwDmsOG9pP8DKDLti4234S2bXt69fqNEzno7z3CUx-v3txighOXNgLE2dkiDwaDZ8QYqCWlO2I7YoJ83RzyFIBEI1oQNp4_KVPodU4YvKJtACvKPDN6xLmiG6FGQ4yHWPPJ_HG3N8sH94HtXrupdINjupHzHBI2b3TpDw74RXdk5CHvP7njsAACVM=w419-h315-no

I received the email yesterday and our dates are May 17-21! Hm.....we are booked as Prefered which mean must be gondola work, right?

We stayed in a preferred room (Barbados building 31) and the only time I saw the gondola poles was when we were on the bus going to other island bus stops. We heard zero construction noise there.

So, is the walk from Trinadad South to the main building really that bad? I'm having a very difficult time deciding where to stay. My cousin's husband has offered us his Family & Friends Resort Discount. The two resorts we are choosing between are Caribbean Beach Resort (obviously) and Art of Animation. The catch is that the only categories available with his discount are Pirate Rooms at CRB and Little Mermaid Rooms at AoA. I have read that both are a very long walk from the main buildings.

So, is the walk from Trinadad South to the main building really that bad? I'm having a very difficult time deciding where to stay. My cousin's husband has offered us his Family & Friends Resort Discount. The two resorts we are choosing between are Caribbean Beach Resort (obviously) and Art of Animation. The catch is that the only categories available with his discount are Pirate Rooms at CBR and Little Mermaid Rooms at AoA. I have read that both are a very long walk from the main buildings.
They are both a long walk from the main building. CBR has an internal shuttle bus that you can take to other areas. The Spyglass Grill quick serve restaurant is in Trinidad South, so you don't necessarily have to go to Centertown every time you need something. Both resorts are great

They are both a long walk from the main building. CBR has an internal shuttle bus that you can take to other areas. The Spyglass Grill quick serve restaurant is in Trinidad South, so you don't necessarily have to go to Centertown every time you need something. Both resorts are great

Thanks, Turksmom. Looking at the bus locations at each resort, it seems like we'd be much closer to a bus stop at CBR than we would at AoA, right???

@Turksmom Can I have your opinion on the menus at Centertown and Spyglass? I just looked at them and they seem somewhat different. Was just wondering someone’s personal experience with them. Thank you for any input.

I can't imagine this sort of construction taking too much longer. It's just the beginning of February.

I, for one, am really looking forward to our stay in May. It'll be our first F&G Festival and dh and I are sharing it with our adult dd and her boyfriend. I know we will have a fantastic time and bonus if the Skyliner will be ready for soft openings! Can you imagine how wonderfully convenient the gondola system is going to be for CBR vacationers?
I hope whatever construction they have started again will be over soon. We go early June and I got an email about construction. I’m holding off on requesting a room until I see how it progresses the next couple Of months.

I got the “construction might be happening during your stay” email. I’m staying in a preferred room in mid July. I have 2 kids and we will be taking daily afternoon nap breaks. Is there a chance this could be disruptive or do you think it will be minor stuff? My family was excited about this resort (mermaid classes & pirate cruise!) but I don’t want heavy construction, should I entertain switching?

@Turksmom Can I have your opinion on the menus at Centertown and Spyglass? I just looked at them and they seem somewhat different. Was just wondering someone’s personal experience with them. Thank you for any input.

I really like Spyglass. It's definitely different with good fresh ingredients and taste. Kinda reminds me of an Epcot festival's food inspiration but actually hot and large portion. Centertown is fine for type of service it is, and Sebation's is nice but could use a little more time to figure out exactly what it wants to do with it's theming, hours, and food.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...WZJagRMjMkwwrriaA-KXmSqUEtD-fI9zzT6mkOuz6xmYc
Anyone else watched/read this review? He's talking as if the rooms were just refurbed when it's been over 5 years since they were done (not sure the exact time they were redone, but they were newly done when we were there in 2014). He's wondering why they didn't make the beds higher to store luggage there & why they didn't replace the floors with vinyl instead of putting "new carpeting" in. Shouldn't he know the rooms aren't newly done???

When the gondola opens, do you think this would change what is considered a preferred room?
I think the rooms closest to OPR will always be Preferred.

If they add the rooms in Jamaica and Aruba close to the CBR and DRR stations respectively,that is going to be a lot of Preferred rooms,but,with Disney,anything is possible!lol:)

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...WZJagRMjMkwwrriaA-KXmSqUEtD-fI9zzT6mkOuz6xmYc
Anyone else watched/read this review? He's talking as if the rooms were just refurbed when it's been over 5 years since they were done (not sure the exact time they were redone, but they were newly done when we were there in 2014). He's wondering why they didn't make the beds higher to store luggage there & why they didn't replace the floors with vinyl instead of putting "new carpeting" in. Shouldn't he know the rooms aren't newly done???

He was directly comparing the room he had in January 2015 and the one he got January 2019. I don't think he stated the rooms were just completed. He is wrong with the size of the rooms. They are 340 sq. ft. not 300. That's a big difference.

He was directly comparing the room he had in January 2015 and the one he got January 2019. I don't think he stated the rooms were just completed. He is wrong with the size of the rooms. They are 340 sq. ft. not 300. That's a big difference.
But he went on about the beds not being raised for luggage & that the carpet was new like it had just been done, like the rooms at CSR, but those improvements are just recent. So, it really sounded as if he thought the rooms had just been done like CSR & POP.

I think the rooms closest to OPR will always be Preferred.

If they add the rooms in Jamaica and Aruba close to the CBR and DRR stations respectively,that is going to be a lot of Preferred rooms,but,with Disney,anything is possible!lol:)
Preferred rooms will be near OPR, so an upcharge
Pirate rooms will be an upcharge
Jamaica will be near CBR station, so upcharge (new Skyliner category)
Aruba will be near DRR station, so upcharge Skyliner category

Buildings 51 and 45 will have the only Standard rooms left. Or, they'll be the new "easy playground access" category.

New ways for Disney to upcharge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter