Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, and its a bit segregated from the main pool area so its a little more calm and quiet in the hot tub area. Unless the pool is busy, we found very few people even sat in that area.
I think it just depends on the time of year. We're here now and you can barely fit all the ppl in the hot tub. It'd been really crowded and it's not even pool weather...it's cold, but maybe that's why so many are trying for the hot tub??? Either way we've been wishing they had more than one each day.

I think it just depends on the time of year. We're here now and you can barely fit all the ppl in the hot tub. It'd been really crowded and it's not even pool weather...it's cold, but maybe that's why so many are trying for the hot tub??? Either way we've been wishing they had more than one each day.
It would also depend on time of day. We visited the hot tub around 3-4pm on weekdays and it was empty. I'd imagine evening, weekends, and cold weather as you're experiencing would cause an up-tick in hot tub usage.

Aren't there 2 hot tubs? I could have sworn there was one on each end of the main pool, but maybe I am misremembering.

Has the main pool been reaching capacity? If so, how does that work?
What about the quiet pools?
Over President's Day weekend the resort was full (meaning no rooms available to book) and the pool was JAMMED. We had to do a few laps just to find a chair and the pool itself was very crowded all times of day. Splash Pad area wasn't as crowded which is nice if you have a younger child like we do. I did not notice a capacity sign or people being turned away, however a CM was keeping a loose eye on the hot tub and saying the capacity in there was 12. I imagine non-holiday crowds aren't as intense but weekend crowds may be.

we're thinking about changing our Pop reservation to CBR - the offer we're looking at is for a room with the 5th sleeper. TP says those are in Aruba & Jamaica. Are those good areas to be in?

we're thinking about changing our Pop reservation to CBR - the offer we're looking at is for a room with the 5th sleeper. TP says those are in Aruba & Jamaica. Are those good areas to be in?

Standard 5th sleepers are only in Aruba and Jamaica. Water/Pool View 5th sleepers can be in Jamaica, Aruba, Martinique or Barbados. We really like Jamaica and Aruba.

We were in Jamaica on our last trip as we also had a pull down sleeper room. It's a bit of a walk to the lobby and main pool but not terrible. It's a nice walk when it's not that crowded but when the resort is busy the bridge gets a little tight. We were in building 45 which is right by the bridge entrance and not far from the bus stop and Skyliner. It was about a 10-15 min walk to the Riviera which was nice since we took advantage of eating there too.

We were in Jamaica on our last trip as we also had a pull down sleeper room. It's a bit of a walk to the lobby and main pool but not terrible. It's a nice walk when it's not that crowded but when the resort is busy the bridge gets a little tight. We were in building 45 which is right by the bridge entrance and not far from the bus stop and Skyliner. It was about a 10-15 min walk to the Riviera which was nice since we took advantage of eating there too.
that's good to hear - what was your experience with buses? did you have issues with buses being full by the time they got to you?

that's good to hear - what was your experience with buses? did you have issues with buses being full by the time they got to you?
Yes some of it was full buses and some was the weather issues with the Skyliner. Two days in a row the Epcot and DHS buses took over 45 min to arrive at both the Skyliner station and the Jamaica station. I called Disney transportation and was told that when the Skyliner goes down, it would be 20-30 min in between buses. Overall, the buses for DHS/Epcot were a hot mess when weather kills the Skyliner. Buses to AK/MK were not near as bad. I attributed most of the delays to COVID and in the grand scheme of our trip we didn't care but add that to then having to make 5 internal bus stops, it gets old. We had less issues with full buses since the Jamaica bus stop is the first stop when the bus pulls in to CBR but when it came to the spacing and people in your party, that can cause some issues of making it on a bus.

Yes some of it was full buses and some was the weather issues with the Skyliner. Two days in a row the Epcot and DHS buses took over 45 min to arrive at both the Skyliner station and the Jamaica station. I called Disney transportation and was told that when the Skyliner goes down, it would be 20-30 min in between buses. Overall, the buses for DHS/Epcot were a hot mess when weather kills the Skyliner. Buses to AK/MK were not near as bad. I attributed most of the delays to COVID and in the grand scheme of our trip we didn't care but add that to then having to make 5 internal bus stops, it gets old. We had less issues with full buses since the Jamaica bus stop is the first stop when the bus pulls in to CBR but when it came to the spacing and people in your party, that can cause some issues of making it on a bus.
gahh yeah that's why I'm so nervous of fully giving in to being at a bus only resort (like CSR). But I feel like either way I have to accept that things aren't going to be easy all of the time.

Now to really think about CSR and if we want to give up skyliner options for a more deluxe style resort/room in the tower.

that when the Skyliner goes down, it would be 20-30 min in between buses. Overall, the buses for DHS/Epcot were a hot mess when weather kills the Skyliner. Buses to AK/MK were not near as bad. I attributed most of the delays to COVID

20-30 minutes is standard bus procedure most of the time.

The issue when the Skyliner goes down is there regardless of COVID - they don't just have busses and drivers sitting around in case it goes down, so they have to redeploy busses and drivers on the fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter