Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Sad but true my friend! DH is a heavy beer (root beer only - lol) drinker and there is little root beer to be had in WDW AT ALL!
They use all coke products and have chosen to fill the space with lemonade to offer non fizzy decaf drinkers a choice. Waitress at Coral Reef gave us the low down. There are still a few places that offer it, but most offer lemonade.
Sorry...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I was staying in Saratoga Springs May '15 and they had Root Beer on tap (rapid refill). Ok trip cancelled!

Just got an email from Disney about some changes they'll be making at the CBR. Maybe everyone knows about this, in which case sorry for posting it again!, but I don't remember seeing this anywhere. We won't be staying in Trinidad South as we are getting preferred rooms.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort!

In an effort to continually improve the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of Resort refurbishment work that will be taking place during your visit.

We are pleased to share that we are working to enhance our Resort with the addition of a new food and beverage location. During your stay, it is possible you will see and hear construction in progress specifically around the pirate-themed rooms in the Trinidad South region of the Resort. Though some disruption may be unavoidable, we are making an effort to minimize the impact on your experience. As a result, any work most likely to cause a noise impact will not begin until 9:00am.

Additionally, the Trinidad South Pool will be unavailable due to refurbishment. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at any of our five other leisure pools and our Fuentes del Morro Pool featuring a waterslide!

That change should definitely make the Pirate Rooms more appealing! When are you staying there that you got that email? We're booked for Sept 2017 and haven't gotten that.

Hi DISers,

I have some friends looking at CBR in order to go to Epcot often. They mentioned a boat from CBR to Epcot. I only know of buses…. is there now boat service to CBR? Their stay would be April2017, in case there's some options coming on-line later in the year.

Thanks in advance for your time and responses.

Hi DISers,

I have some friends looking at CBR in order to go to Epcot often. They mentioned a boat from CBR to Epcot. I only know of buses…. is there now boat service to CBR? Their stay would be April2017, in case there's some options coming on-line later in the year.

No, there's no boat service anywhere from CBR.

Just got an email from Disney about some changes they'll be making at the CBR. Maybe everyone knows about this, in which case sorry for posting it again!, but I don't remember seeing this anywhere. We won't be staying in Trinidad South as we are getting preferred rooms.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort!

In an effort to continually improve the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of Resort refurbishment work that will be taking place during your visit.

We are pleased to share that we are working to enhance our Resort with the addition of a new food and beverage location. During your stay, it is possible you will see and hear construction in progress specifically around the pirate-themed rooms in the Trinidad South region of the Resort. Though some disruption may be unavoidable, we are making an effort to minimize the impact on your experience. As a result, any work most likely to cause a noise impact will not begin until 9:00am.

Additionally, the Trinidad South Pool will be unavailable due to refurbishment. During this time, we invite you to make a splash at any of our five other leisure pools and our Fuentes del Morro Pool featuring a waterslide!
A friend told me about this...

Will the main food court be affected during the construction?

Hi DISers,

the only places with boat service to EPCOT are the EPCOT area resorts: Swan and Dolphin; Board Walk; Yacht and Beach Clubs...and for most of them, it is easier to just walk to EPCOT.

BUT CBR is the closest non-Deluxe resort to EPCOT. short bus ride.

We'll be there January 20-28, 2017. Hopefully it will be done before you get there!!

We'll be there Jan 27-31 and just got the same e-mail last night. We're generally early risers anyway, but I'm still hoping we end up far enough away from that area so that we don't hear the noise.

I'm still hoping we end up far enough away from that area so that we don't hear the noise.

We've been there a few times now while a refurb of one kind or another was going on and I'll bet most guests had no idea that the work was being done. Disney is pretty good at doing what they can to ensure guests have a positive experience. On each of those visits, noise was never a problem. You could, however, see the workers, materials and equipment in the parking lot.

ETA: I see we're 8 days out! Time for the single digit dance...:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::jumping1:

We've been there a few times now while a refurb of one kind or another was going on and I'll bet most guests had no idea that the work was being done. Disney is pretty good at doing what they can to ensure guests have a positive experience. On each of those visits, noise was never a problem. You could, however, see the workers, materials and equipment in the parking lot.

ETA: I see we're 8 days out! Time for the single digit dance...:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana::jumping1:

Good to hear! I don't really mind seeing the construction, so I'm good as long as noise is kept down.

Have a great trip!

A friend told me about this...

Will the main food court be affected during the construction?

Nope, not one bit.

We'll be there Jan 27-31 and just got the same e-mail last night. We're generally early risers anyway, but I'm still hoping we end up far enough away from that area so that we don't hear the noise.

Unless you are booked in a Pirate Themed Room, you will be no where near this area. You definitely won't hear a thing.

Good to hear! I don't really mind seeing the construction, so I'm good as long as noise is kept down.

Have a great trip!

We were there during the last refurb in 2015 when they overhauled all the rooms and changed to Queen beds, and unless you were right by the building where they were working, or saw the materials blocked off behind fences in the parking lot, you never would have known.

Our first stay at CBR was in March-April of 2008- right in the middle of the construction of the main feature pool at OPR. Nine visits later, it seems that even that was not enough to put us off CBR. A little construction, no problem, WAY better than snow any day! Let me tell you, I am SO ready to be there, NOW!

We have a pirate theme room booked, very excited. Just one question as it's been a couple years since I was there last. Is there a dvd player in the room? Want to watch pirates of the caribbean and have to have some way of watching it. Hoping for a dvd player in the room instead of watching on small tablet size screen.

We have a pirate theme room booked, very excited. Just one question as it's been a couple years since I was there last. Is there a dvd player in the room? Want to watch pirates of the caribbean and have to have some way of watching it. Hoping for a dvd player in the room instead of watching on small tablet size screen.

No players in the room...what we do is bring an HDMI cable to connect our laptop to the tv and play DVD's...or stream netflix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter