Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

The 'this resort hotel is undergoing refurbishments' warning is on the Disney CBR page now.
This is regarding the Trinidad South (Pirate rooms) construction. They are adding food and/or drinks over there. It's somewhere upthread, I believe.

This is the message that appears on the CBR booking site currently:

In an effort to make future visits more magical, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is currently undergoing refurbishments. At this time, you may see and hear construction work during your stay, particularly Guests in the Trinidad South region of the Resort hotel.

Throughout the refurbishment, the Trinidad South Village Pool will be unavailable for your enjoyment. However, you can still make a splash at our feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—or any of our 5 other leisure pools.

To minimize disruptions, we will attempt to limit work until after 9:00 AM. We apologize for any inconvenience this refurbishment may cause. Be sure to check back here in the near future for further updates!

This is why I only activate the MBs we will be bringing, and yes we bring more then the new ones. I live with 3 females and something about different colors, accessorizing, matching outfit.... blah blah blah:rotfl: We have a special MB bag that we put the accessories, I mean MBs in and take with us, we drive so it's easily within reach when we arrive at our resort.
I deactivated all prior associated MagicBands and only have the 3 we are taking active so I hope that mitigates the issue!

Is it likely that Disney will still have it at full price during construction, or do you think perhaps a bit of a discounted rate? Assuming that it will be full rate of course but just curious. Early November for us so I'm assuming construction will be in full swing then. How do you think the ambience/atmosphere of the resort will be affected by all the construction?

Is it likely that Disney will still have it at full price during construction, or do you think perhaps a bit of a discounted rate? Assuming that it will be full rate of course but just curious.

Going by their actions in the past when resorts were under major construction, that would be a very good assumption.

Early November for us so I'm assuming construction will be in full swing then. How do you think the ambience/atmosphere of the resort will be affected by all the construction?

Unfortunately, that's really hard to say until they start.

usually they are pretty good at keeping refurbs discreet and not affecting your holiday, i will be watching this space and see how it goes, we go end oct into November, and as nice as it would be to just move, we are already pretty stretched, so we will see how the year pans out.

its disappointing you cant be given a heads up or contacted when it happens so you can change resorts at a slighter lower rate etc, its just (for people not on the boards) you turn up see the work and get very angry, and this is were alot of complaints end up coming from. as im sure we are all aware even if everyone on the board decided to move and free up there room booking i can almost guarantee Disney will still get the rooms booked.

we have booked a preferred room as we have a 2yo so figured his little legs wont be able to walk far, so hoping the refurbishments wont really affect us, lets just see.

Is it likely that Disney will still have it at full price during construction, or do you think perhaps a bit of a discounted rate? Assuming that it will be full rate of course but just curious. Early November for us so I'm assuming construction will be in full swing then. How do you think the ambience/atmosphere of the resort will be affected by all the construction?

Going by their actions in the past when resorts were under major construction, that would be a very good assumption.

Especially given that this is going to take out a huge chunk of inventory. It's all about supply and demand.

This is regarding the Trinidad South (Pirate rooms) construction. They are adding food and/or drinks over there. It's somewhere upthread, I believe.

This is the message that appears on the CBR booking site currently:

In an effort to make future visits more magical, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is currently undergoing refurbishments. At this time, you may see and hear construction work during your stay, particularly Guests in the Trinidad South region of the Resort hotel.

Throughout the refurbishment, the Trinidad South Village Pool will be unavailable for your enjoyment. However, you can still make a splash at our feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—or any of our 5 other leisure pools.

To minimize disruptions, we will attempt to limit work until after 9:00 AM. We apologize for any inconvenience this refurbishment may cause. Be sure to check back here in the near future for further updates!
Oops sorry!

Is there any photos of what the walkways look like with the fences up by the water? I remember the walk from Trinidad South to Old Port Royale, but I am assuming there are fences up similar to at GF and Polynesian area.

Is there any photos of what the walkways look like with the fences up by the water? I remember the walk from Trinidad South to Old Port Royale, but I am assuming there are fences up similar to at GF and Polynesian area.
The fences and rock barriers are only on the "beaches" of each village. The rest of the water's edge is still the same as before.

Permits were just filed and they aren't starting any major work right now. This is a long project so if your trip is soon you should be fine.

What about a late May trip? Do you think construction will be well under way by that time?

Hello!

We are staying at CB in 2 weeks! I am torn as to what to request, if anything. This will be our first time at the resort, so I don't know what to really expect. We are booked for a Standard Room, so I know that we won't get the primo perfectly located rooms. But what should I request? I am ok walking a little but would like to avoid miles and miles of walking.

Also, we are checking in on Super Bowl Sunday. Does anyone know or think that the pool bar will have the game on so DH can watch the game while our (2) DD's swim?

And I know that Shutters has gotten terrible reviews over the years from the DisPodcast team. But how is the quick service? Is it ok? I don't need it to be the most amazing food ever. Just good enough to grab something if we are hungry.

Thanks in advance!

What about a late May trip? Do you think construction will be well under way by that time?
We don't know when exactly construction will start but I don't see any reason to believe you will be impacted much if at all in May. You might see them doing some fences up or something but I don't think they'll have full on machinery going at it yet.

I have been following this thread as my family will be visiting in June. I have noticed preferred rooms are not available for most dates in June. What is happening? Pirate rooms are available, but not preferred. Thanks for all your help!

I have been following this thread as my family will be visiting in June. I have noticed preferred rooms are not available for most dates in June. What is happening? Pirate rooms are available, but not preferred. Thanks for all your help!
Don't know if it is the reason, but June is when kids get out of school and WDW gets lots of visitors.

Hello!

1. We are staying at CB in 2 weeks! I am torn as to what to request, if anything. This will be our first time at the resort, so I don't know what to really expect. We are booked for a Standard Room, so I know that we won't get the primo perfectly located rooms. But what should I request? I am ok walking a little but would like to avoid miles and miles of walking.

2. Also, we are checking in on Super Bowl Sunday. Does anyone know or think that the pool bar will have the game on so DH can watch the game while our (2) DD's swim?

3. And I know that Shutters has gotten terrible reviews over the years from the DisPodcast team. But how is the quick service? Is it ok? I don't need it to be the most amazing food ever. Just good enough to grab something if we are hungry.

Thanks in advance!

1. You most definitely can get a primo, perfectly located room if booked Standard. We feel Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 21 are awesome.

2. Yes they will.

3. Shutters has become a hidden gem in WDW. It is an awesome Table Service restaurant. It used to be pretty bad until they got a new head chef and now it's our new favorite.

The quick service is also great. To us, it's the best food court we've tried.

1. You most definitely can get a primo, perfectly located room if booked Standard. We feel Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 21 are awesome.

2. Yes they will.

3. Shutters has become a hidden gem in WDW. It is an awesome Table Service restaurant. It used to be pretty bad until they got a new head chef and now it's our new favorite.

The quick service is also great. To us, it's the best food court we've tried.
Thank You!!!!! I greatly appreciate it. We are 11 days out, so I am going to call today and add to our request.

We are looking forward to trying out a new resort. I think the girls will love the pool area.

DH & I are taking our first ever No Kids vacation in November.... considering either CBR or OKW. I've been trying to read up on the construction that's going to take place at CBR but the dearth of information is a little bit overwhelming. Can anyone give me a short summary of it?? Lol!

CBR in general is a little intimidating to us due to its size (our favorite resort is POFQ, which is also the smallest resort) so I was thinking a preferred room would be the best option. Or do you guys have good success requesting specific buildings that I can feel safe just getting a standard and making a building request. We'd also like to get a king room.... if we were to go with preferred, is there a way to make a reservation for preferred AND king?

Thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter