Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Sorry to those of you stressing out over the construction. I am booked at BC for July but have previously stayed at CBR and loved it. With all of the turmoil and people moving their reservations elsewhere I decided to check rates for our vacation. Maybe they are trying to entice people in? Maybe they were making an offer I couldn't refuse? No such luck. The only rooms available for our week are pirate rooms for $277 (standard view). No thanks. Seems kind of crazy.

My UK travel agent has now offered to move us to POR pool view but ther are no preferred rooms left. We have requested AB with pull down but not guaranteed. Can anyone who has stayed there give a view of what POR is like, for a family with 2 girls (12 and 10) and also whether not having a preferred room matters?

Also, we tried to puch for a transfer to AoA suite but they said they could not transfer our free dining package. Is that really correct as you can buy the dining package in those hotels so not clear why it could not be transferred. is that just an excuse?

Feeling very uneasy as we are staying 12 nights and costing us a lot of money for the holiday we never chose.

My UK travel agent has now offered to move us to POR pool view but ther are no preferred rooms left. We have requested AB with pull down but not guaranteed. Can anyone who has stayed there give a view of what POR is like, for a family with 2 girls (12 and 10) and also whether not having a preferred room matters?

Also, we tried to puch for a transfer to AoA suite but they said they could not transfer our free dining package. Is that really correct as you can buy the dining package in those hotels so not clear why it could not be transferred. is that just an excuse?

Feeling very uneasy as we are staying 12 nights and costing us a lot of money for the holiday we never chose.

The suites may be excluded from the free dining offer. In general though even if they weren't there has to be availability under that discount in order for them to "transfer" it over to a new resort. They don't just transfer discounts really they cancel your current reservation and book a new reservation and so it has to be available to book there. I'm not familiar with UK discounts but with the popularity of the suites it may not be offered at all. Also, being value rooms the free dining would typically be the quick service plan not the regular plan. In general free dining is an offer to entice people to book rooms that they would otherwise have trouble filling so it's not available at all resorts or for all room types.

POR is lovely. We haven't stayed there, but have been on the property as we stayed at POFQ. The main thing about preferred is that you are basically guaranteed the murphy bed. There are multiple bus stops so nothing is all that far from a transportation spot but there are buildings that are a bit of a hike from the food court or main pool. Still doable IMO though. There is a boat to DS from here which is a nice perk and you are allowed to use the pool at POFQ as well. And if you take at trip over to the other resort be sure to stop at the food court and try a beignet. They are yummy! They have horse drawn carriage rides at POR as well which is a unique feature. I think you'll have a lovely time if you choose this resort. I'd much prefer it over moving to a AoA. The mods have a much more relaxed vacation feel to them and other perks that values just don't have.

I can't see how it wouldn't be as it's in the middle of everything else being worked on. I haven't seen it specified though.
Ugh....the boys love the arcade too...oh well.. yeah it just dawned on me this morning..I dont see how it cant be. They are still steadfast though on not giving up their pirate room. If its too bad when we get there we can always ask to be moved somewhere.

I wrote Disney Guest Relations and asked when the construction was due to begin, and they told me that the construction will start in May, which is after my visit. So those of you who are getting stressed out about your upcoming visit in April, you have nothing to worry about.

I wrote Disney Guest Relations and asked when the construction was due to begin, and they told me that the construction will start in May, which is after my visit. So those of you who are getting stressed out about your upcoming visit in April, you have nothing to worry about.

happy to hear this we are there 03/31-04/08 and our first stay at CBR.

I'm more concerned that I'll be missing the opening of Avatar Land in May! I should have waited for a month! :(

I would stick with POR pool view and just request to be in one buildings close to the preferred rooms. We stayed there for 2 nights before moving to Saratoga for a week and we really liked it. Honestly, I don't think a pool view is worth the upgrade of a standard room. I think all of POR is really pretty and you only have a small window anyway. For 12 nights, I would prefer the savings to go towards something else.

Dining & Marketplace Closures
Beginning in May 2017, the following venues will be closed for refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post.

During this time, there will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown, a dining location, will serve a Caribbean-style buffet for breakfast and à la carte offerings for dinner. A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort. Our in-room dining will remain available. Disney dining plans will be accepted for these offerings. Dining locations will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.

As a result, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay at check in. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World® Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.

To learn more about refurbishments taking place, please call 407-939-1822. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

This is what is currently posted on the CBR page of the WDW website. Our dates are May 24 - 29 and we have not received an email notification at this time. Also, I am a TA and have not received any additional information to pass on to my clients other than what I have researched on my own. I fall more in to the optimist category and have had kind of a "wait and see" approach to things. Regardless, I am happy to be going to WDW!

This is what I was just e-mailed (UK reservation) - but not sure if it's because I called to say I wanted a notation we were getting the $75 gift card or if they're e-mailing all UK people:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World® Resort as your holiday destination! The future of Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is being reimagined. While we recognise this will cause a degree of disruption to your stay, we are making every effort to ensure that your visit to Walt Disney World is magical.

As shared previously, please be aware that Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment from 1st May.

During this time there will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Centertown, a dining location, will serve a buffet breakfast with American and Caribbean flavours and a la carte dinner offerings.
• A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.
• In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
• Disney dining plans will be accepted for these offerings.
• Dining locations will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.

Additionally, you will still be able to make a splash at our feature pool—Fuentes del Morro Pool—or at one of our leisure pools during your stay.

Please note that noise may be heard while our Resort is being reimagined. We will do everything we can to ensure noise is kept to a minimum, though please note that work will only take place during the hours of 9am-dusk.

As a thank you for your understanding, you will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay upon check-in at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. If you were previously offered a $25 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of your stay, this will replace that offer. This gift card can be used at participating Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World.

For complete terms and conditions please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.

If you have questions or need assistance please contact our Disney Experts on 0800 169 0730.

Should you have any questions or concerns once you arrive, General Manager Sheryl Koenes and her

team at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hosting you as our Guest and wish you a truly magical stay!

Kind Regards

Guest Care

I am surprised they aren't going to have a kiosk near the pool for drinks and food. I think that would be the only thing I would miss.

That said, having a non-preferred room rate with a kiosk nearby and a $75 daily gift card is pretty nice.

Hmmm... I got offered the $25/night gift card... I'm wondering if they'll automatically 'up' this to $75 upon my arrival. That seems very generous! That in itself pays for a meal plan!

Wait $75 gift cards are UK specific or is everyone being upped?
I am in the US and the $75 gift card statement is on the WDW website. If you go to www.waltdisneyworld.com and choose "places to stay" , select the "Caribbean Beach Link". Up at the top, in red it says This Resort is Undergoing Refurbishments with a blue "Learn More" link beside it. When you click the link, the information about the $75 gift card comes up.

Last edited:
I am in the US and the $75 gift card statement is on the WDW website. If you go to www.waltdisneyworld.com and choose "places to stay" , select the "Caribbean Beach Link". Up at the top, in red it says This Resort is Undergoing Refurbishments with a blue "Learn More" link beside it. When you click the link, the information about the $75 gift card comes up.

Yes! Thank you! We were waffling already about if we'd be able to swing this year's trip due to some arising issues and this (plus our free dining) makes me feel so much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter