Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We've started playing a game called the "Centertown Buffet Over/Under".

When someone finishes a plate of food,we bet on if it will be under 10 seconds or over 10 seconds before a CM removes the plate!lol

I always bet the under and usually win!lol

I've never seen such "attentive" CMs at a Buffet-we've gotten to "know" a lot of them-very special folks.:)

(I know I'm really putting the "pressure" on them for future Guests!lol:))

Also- the rep confirmed that the construction for CBR and Coronado Springs Resort is scheduled for 18 months. I'm not sure if that has been confirmed anywhere or not. The rep said the CSR construction will not be as extensive at CBR but that they're building a huge tower (I think with 500 (give or take) guest rooms).

Confirmed on the Disney Parks Blog in February 2017:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...coronado-springs-and-caribbean-beach-resorts/

Disboards thread in the Disney Rumors and News forum:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/changes-coming-to-coronado-springs.3579372/

Am I clueless for just really not caring which room I get? I'm just thrilled to stay here in October! But my question for today is about how many rooms are in each building? I normally stay at POP where each building has dozens of rooms.

Am I clueless for just really not caring which room I get? I'm just thrilled to stay here in October! But my question for today is about how many rooms are in each building? I normally stay at POP where each building has dozens of rooms.

IMHO the only reason to worry about which room/village you are in is if you plan on spending more time at the resort than at the parks OR if you have mobility issues. The furthest village out, Trinidad South, is all pirate rooms now which is a totally separate booking category, so unless you purposefully booked a pirate room, you won't be there. All of Trinidad North and the remaining half of Martinique are preferred, another booking category, so unless you book preferred -- you won't be there (without some Pixie Dust! :) ). Barbados is being torn down, so you won't be there. This leaves Jamaica and Aruba which are both great and a pretty quick walk across the bridge to Centertown. Truth be told, these "standard" rooms may actually be better than the "preferred" rooms since most of the construction is in the middle of the preferred room sections. It just comes down to noise vs. distance.

So, no. You aren't just clueless. :) We have stayed in Trinidad South, Barbados, and Jamaica and haven't really had a bad room yet. This trip we booked preferred (back before the construction announcement) as that was all that was available at that time. There are bus stops and quiet pools at each village so you will be close to those amenities no matter where you end up. Some people prefer one village over another based on the bus routes but it's never been an issue for us as it's really only about a 5-10 minute difference (if that) and it's not a real issue for us if we have to stand on a crowded bus (usually only happens early morning and late night when people are first heading out and returning from the parks).

For the other part of your question about the number of rooms:
****The CBR has 2,112 guest rooms in 33 colorful 2-story buildings on the shores of a 42 acre lake. The buildings are grouped in 6 villages: Barbados, Martinique, Aruba, Jamaica, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. Each village has 6 buildings, except for Trinidad North, which has 3 buildings. Each building contains 64 guest rooms. Each village has its own pool, white sand beach with hammocks and playground, laundry facilities, bus stop, and parking area. There are no elevators in any of the buildings. Guests who are unable to use stairs should request 1st floor rooms. All common facilities are wheelchair accessible.

****Taken from another WDW informational website. Keep in mind that all of Barbados and half of Martinique are being demolished as part of the current construction project. You can see the big green empty spaces on the resort map on the WDW website now.

IMHO the only reason to worry about which room/village you are in is if you plan on spending more time at the resort than at the parks OR if you have mobility issues. The furthest village out, Trinidad South, is all pirate rooms now which is a totally separate booking category, so unless you purposefully booked a pirate room, you won't be there. All of Trinidad North and the remaining half of Martinique are preferred, another booking category, so unless you book preferred -- you won't be there (without some Pixie Dust! :) ). Barbados is being torn down, so you won't be there. This leaves Jamaica and Aruba which are both great and a pretty quick walk across the bridge to Centertown. Truth be told, these "standard" rooms may actually be better than the "preferred" rooms since most of the construction is in the middle of the preferred room sections. It just comes down to noise vs. distance.

So, no. You aren't just clueless. :) We have stayed in Trinidad South, Barbados, and Jamaica and haven't really had a bad room yet. This trip we booked preferred (back before the construction announcement) as that was all that was available at that time. There are bus stops and quiet pools at each village so you will be close to those amenities no matter where you end up. Some people prefer one village over another based on the bus routes but it's never been an issue for us as it's really only about a 5-10 minute difference (if that) and it's not a real issue for us if we have to stand on a crowded bus (usually only happens early morning and late night when people are first heading out and returning from the parks).

For the other part of your question about the number of rooms:
****The CBR has 2,112 guest rooms in 33 colorful 2-story buildings on the shores of a 42 acre lake. The buildings are grouped in 6 villages: Barbados, Martinique, Aruba, Jamaica, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. Each village has 6 buildings, except for Trinidad North, which has 3 buildings. Each building contains 64 guest rooms. Each village has its own pool, white sand beach with hammocks and playground, laundry facilities, bus stop, and parking area. There are no elevators in any of the buildings. Guests who are unable to use stairs should request 1st floor rooms. All common facilities are wheelchair accessible.

****Taken from another WDW informational website. Keep in mind that all of Barbados and half of Martinique are being demolished as part of the current construction project. You can see the big green empty spaces on the resort map on the WDW website now.

Thank you for this great info! We are staying at CBR for the first time in August during FD. We are in a standard room so it really is a good value for our family of 5. I have almost talked myself into switching to POR so many times, but the price difference is huge. Feeling much better now.

Unless you plan to "resort" a lot, you should be fine. Others who are there now have reported that the noise is a little intrusive around the main pool during the day and I think there has been one report that one of the grab 'n go markets had an extremely limited selection one evening, but most are saying that the modified food court is great and haven't had many (if any) other complaints. CBR is our "home" at WDW and just gives me that ahhhhhh feeling when we walk through the doors. POR is very nice and would probably be my 2nd favorite if I would ever allow an extended stay there. We've only had a 1 night, pre-package, room only at POR in a Princess room. The rooms felt noticeably smaller to me than the rooms at CBR. I think you will be very pleased with your choice of CBR.

So I thought I had ordered 6 pirate themed beach balls for the kids to play in the pool ( we have a pirate room)...turns out I accidentally ordered 30!!!! holy moley!! so during the week of June 4th to 12th if you happen to be at the pirate pool and see tons of pirate beach balls floating in the water , please help yourself to one..LOL

We checked in on Saturday and were initially placed in Martinique Bldg. 26 1st Fl. Requested to switch to Trinidad North 2nd Fl and Disney made it happen the next day. We didn't switch for any reason other than we prefer Trinidad North and I prefer 2nd Fl. Construction noise hasn't been an issue in either location. Don't know if this has been mentioned, but crews have been busy installing the pull down beds they removed from Barbados and Martinique in other parts of the resort.

I still feel it comes down to how you use the resort and your interpretation of what "inconvenience" means as to whether the ongoing construction will be an issue. For DH & I, we are not feeling put out and feel Disney has been accommodating as ever.

Best wishes for those here now and those with upcoming stays....hope you enjoy your stay as much as we are.

Just back from a 4 night stay. While the resort was nice I encountered a few hiccups.

1) CM who checked me in acted like I was a huge inconvienace. Now I did check in at 7:30 AM, but still! He would keep sarcastically sighing and acted as if me being there was the worst thing ever. I always check in that early (FL resident so I drive up, 2 hours away) and never has any CM acted like he did. It was off putting to be honest.

2) Mousekeeping skipped my room two days in a row. :/ One day I noticed two Mousekeeping carts on either side of my room as I went back to freshen up and was still skipped! I also never put the do not disturb sign on my door.

3) I did get the gift card with $75 each night of stay! However since there was two of us we asked for it to be split onto two cards. Again the same CM who checked me in rolled his eyes at me and said I have to do it at a park. Went to Hollywood and they said I had to do it at the resort. Go back to the resort that night and am told it cannot be done. By now I am a little upset getting the run around and all. So I sweetly ask for a manager (you catch more flies with honey than vinegar after all!) Manager does it with no problem and apologizes for the mix up.

The resort though was great overall. Yes, there was construction of course but nothing seemed to really get in the way. The island market in Aruba (the village I was in) was great and I loved the Coke Freestyle machine. The CM's working there were always wonderful and so accommodating. Did not get to do to the new tent but have heard nothing but great things!

Buses ran really well and never waited more than 10 minutes for one nor did I ever have trouble finding a seat!

I have stayed in many resorts at Disney while under construction and never have I had any problems or rude CM's. So while my stay wasn't horrible by any means it was no where near amazing or magical. It was my friends first time at a Disney Resort and it out a bad taste in her mouth :/

Hello, just a short question, we are going in Sept, we do get the gift cards, and I understand that they give you one gift card for the total amount of your stay at check in, we booked room only reservation , so we pay off our room balance at check in right? can the gift card at check in be used for that?
If not I guess we will use the gift card to pay off room and food charges for the week, but I understand you have to go to front desk with the gift card before a certain amount or they will charge your visa?? just trying to understand how this will all work. TIA

Hello, just a short question, we are going in Sept, we do get the gift cards, and I understand that they give you one gift card for the total amount of your stay at check in, we booked room only reservation , so we pay off our room balance at check in right? can the gift card at check in be used for that?
If not I guess we will use the gift card to pay off room and food charges for the week, but I understand you have to go to front desk with the gift card before a certain amount or they will charge your visa?? just trying to understand how this will all work. TIA

I would think you could pay off balance. You do have to go to FD before 3am of your check out day to have any gift cards applied to any room charges. Not sure on what amount they use to flag a charge on the cc.

I was under the impression you could NOT use the gift cards to pay off the room balance, and that they must be used for merchandise or food in the parks.

So I sweetly ask for a manager (you catch more flies with honey than vinegar after all!) Manager does it with no problem and apologizes for the mix up.

I didn't know splitting it was an option! I'm going in Sept with a friend and we would like two separate gift cards. I wonder if we could call ahead of time and have them split it into two. Has anyone tried this?

Manager said everything is still new and they are still figuring out the gift cards/system. So it is worth a shot to call ahead and ask. It may save you some trouble when you arrive :)

I was under the impression you could NOT use the gift cards to pay off the room balance, and that they must be used for merchandise or food in the parks.
This is only half correct
You can't use the gift card to pay off the room balance as that is due before you arrive
You can use the gift cards to pay off room charges made while you are there. It does not have to be spent at the parks

This is only half correct
You can't use the gift card to pay off the room balance as that is due before you arrive
You can use the gift cards to pay off room charges made while you are there. It does not have to be spent at the parks

This is also only half correct. :) You can pay off the room balance WHEN you arrive. I usually buy Disney gift cards from Sam's Club because they are cheaper, and will pay off the room with those gift cards when I check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter