• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi Everyone,
I had to modify a reservation and now will be checking into Caribbean Beach Resort on their opening day, 7/29.
We have never stayed here before.
I keep reading about King beds, is that only one King Bed? Or do they offer rooms with two King beds?

The King Rooms have 1 King bed.

Also, I am trying to determine what room requests to put in. Is it more advantageous to be near the SkyLiner (if it’s open) or near Old Port Royale? I know my kids will want to swim everyday. We don’t mind walking, but looking at the map overwhelms me. I don’t know which buildings/areas to request. Any recommendations on that would be helpful!
Thank you!

We like Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both are a short stroll across the bridge to Old Port Royale and the Main Feature pool and still a short walk to the CBR Skyliner Station.

We changed our hotel to Caribbean Beach after learning that our original hotel would not be reopening for Sept 2020. CB lovers out there, what are some of your favorite things about this resort and what would you avoid?

Thanks,
LL

My only thought is if Skyliner isn't opening imminently,why have they been testing it?

When the cast member moved us over from POFQ to CBR they said the Skyliner would not be running by then. I am extremely glad to hear there are reports that they are going through testing modes right now. Hopefully that means it will be running. That will be a huge Plus for us being moved to Caribbean Beach while we are there

We changed our hotel to Caribbean Beach after learning that our original hotel would not be reopening for Sept 2020. CB lovers out there, what are some of your favorite things about this resort and what would you avoid?

Thanks,
LL
Just rebooked at Carribean Beach as well for Jan 2021. I had a room-only reservation at French Quarter but with no opening date announced for FQ had to switch in order to book a package. I had my heart set on FQ originally but so many things have changed since I made the reservation I am looking forward to learning more about CB.

We moved our August trip to the end of November and are now staying at CBR!! I am so excited!! CBR is my favorite resort. I have stayed here every Disney trip since I was a kid, until I had kids of my own. Had to cut cost somewhere! Lol! The last time I was at CBR was on my honeymoon in 2008! I’m super excited just to have my own kids experience CBR at least once!!! Also excited to see the all new renovations!!! I forgot to add that we will also be staying in a Pirate Themed Room!! My kids are really excited about that!!

Last edited:
Hey everybody. I, like many of you, got moved to CBR from POFQ in August. We are in a Preferred Room but would like to be close-ish to the Skyliner (assuming it'll be open). I'm guessing my best option is to request Building 32. Is this what you would pick? Anything else I should know or request for our trip in 51 days?

Good afternoon everyone! I was moved from GDT CL to CB in a water/pool view room. We’ve been to CB before but always in a preferred room, and they weren’t available for our move. Anyone know where the pool/water view rooms are? Should I request a building? (Or try?) Thanks!

Hey everybody. I, like many of you, got moved to CBR from POFQ in August. We are in a Preferred Room but would like to be close-ish to the Skyliner (assuming it'll be open). I'm guessing my best option is to request Building 32. Is this what you would pick? Anything else I should know or request for our trip in 51 days?

Same question, we got put in a King room but our CM requested closer to the main building... now I'm wondering if it would be better to be closer to the skyliner?

Good afternoon everyone! I was moved from GDT CL to CB in a water/pool view room. We’ve been to CB before but always in a preferred room, and they weren’t available for our move. Anyone know where the pool/water view rooms are? Should I request a building? (Or try?) Thanks!
This is a great question! I wasn’t even thinking of options to request. Now I will have to think about this. We are in a Pirate room, and there are 3 Pirate rooms booked for our party. I know they are in Trinidad South, but not sure where. I wonder if that will prevent us from being able to even request anything.

There are Pool/Water View rooms in every building except Trinidad.

This is a great question! I wasn’t even thinking of options to request. Now I will have to think about this. We are in a Pirate room, and there are 3 Pirate rooms booked for our party. I know they are in Trinidad South, but not sure where. I wonder if that will prevent us from being able to even request anything.

Every room in Trinidad is a Pirate Themed room.

Every room in Trinidad is a Pirate Themed room.
Ohhh thank you! I never knew that! Do you know what options are available to request for that location? I know there is usually a floor preference, but not sure what else I could request or even need to request. Thanks!

Ohhh thank you! I never knew that! Do you know what options are available to request for that location? I know there is usually a floor preference, but not sure what else I could request or even need to request. Thanks!

I would word your request "something in buildings 34, 35 or 36." This will put you closer to the Skyliner, the Main Feature Pool and Spyglass Grill located at the Trinidad leisure pool.

I just got off the phone with Disney changing our December reservation from French Quarter to a preferred room at Caribbean Beach. After 26 years of Disney visits, we have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but we are looking forward to it with the refurbishment and the skyliner access. The CM said the switch would be price protected and it looks to be $210 in our favor from our garden view at FQ. Except for the 2 hours on the phone on hold, it was a very good outcome.

I just got off the phone with Disney changing our December reservation from French Quarter to a preferred room at Caribbean Beach. After 26 years of Disney visits, we have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but we are looking forward to it with the refurbishment and the skyliner access. The CM said the switch would be price protected and it looks to be $210 in our favor from our garden view at FQ. Except for the 2 hours on the phone on hold, it was a very good outcome.

hmmm I’m wondering about the pricing they Are giving....I was just moved from a garden view room in POFQ to a standard room at CBR and told it was an even exchang...

Does anyone know the order of bus route at CBR and whether there is bus transportation from buildings farther away from main building to food court area? Any kind of internal shuttle...

Last edited:

Pirate rooms are in Trinidad only so your requests would be limited to building number (34, 35 & 36 are at the north end of that section and slightly closer to pool/main building). You can also request if you prefer a ground floor vs. upper floor. Water/pool view is a bookable room category and not a request. Your room type should be listed as either Pirate Standard view or Pirate Water view.

I recently moved our August trip that from Yacht Club to December at Caribbean Beach. I wanted to save some money this time so I could get APs to cover us for next August back at Yacht Club. I'm excited to be back at CBR, it was the very first onsite resort we ever stayed at so there is some nostalgia there for sure and I'm also excited to be on the Skyliner route!

Pirate rooms are in Trinidad only so your requests would be limited to building number (34, 35 & 36 are at the north end of that section and slightly closer to pool/main building). You can also request if you prefer a ground floor vs. upper floor. Water/pool view is a bookable room category and not a request. Your room type should be listed as either Pirate Standard view or Pirate Water view.
Thanks so much!! It says Pirate Standard View. I wasn’t sure if we could request a building number or not. We also have three rooms, so that might hinder what we can get as far as requests go anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter