Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Well, it happened.... my bf officially has cold feet due to the covid cases in Florida 😔 we are still going as of now, but watching the situation closely. Depends if numbers fall by our trip on 8/21 and how the parks seem to be handling it. I was finally so excited to stay at CBR.... I’m honestly pretty upset at the idea of not going. I worked so hard on this trip all of quarantine so to see it not happen would break my heart....BUT, I’m optimistic that things will look better by then and that we’ll see through trip reports and vlogs that Disney is on top of everything. Will keep you all updated, hopefully with news that we are still going. Still, could use some pixie dust over here!! 🤩

Last edited:
Looks like we're adding our names to the 'rebooked from POR to CBR"! We'll be there September 2021, and have booked a king room in Jamaica (building 42 preferably).

Just wondering about transportation. Since the resort is quite large, has anyone had success (pre-covid) taking the skyliner to Epcot, then walking over to Beach Club or Boardwalk and taking a bus to MK or AK from either of those resorts? Just wondering if it's worth it or if we should just take our chances with the buses at CBR.

Just wondering about transportation. Since the resort is quite large, has anyone had success (pre-covid) taking the skyliner to Epcot, then walking over to Beach Club or Boardwalk and taking a bus to MK or AK from either of those resorts? Just wondering if it's worth it or if we should just take our chances with the buses at CBR.
The ONLY reason to do that would be if you just LOVE Disney Skyliner.

VERY unlikely to save any time considering flight time on Skyliner/walk time to BC or BW Bus Stops/wait for bus at BC or BW.

We just moved our 7/22/20 trip to 4/21/20 to a pirate room at CBR. I'm reading mixed reviews on the buses. We're rope droppers. Should we walk to a different bus stop or just use the one in Trinidad? How far of a walk is it to the main pool? Also, how far to walk to Riviera? We'd like to have breakfast at Toppolino's.

Buses can be a real pain in the rear at CBR during busy times...not sure under these circumstances if it will be easier or harder with less people being allowed on each bus. They may have more buses running, but who knows. As far as Topolino’s goes...we ate there with my 4 year old Godson this past weekend, and to us it was just not worth it currently...the characters only roam around the room waving and dancing. They cannot stop at a table, and really only pause and pose for a quick picture. The menu is limited and is $42.00 a plate for adults and $27.00 a plate for kids...so we thought it was kinda crazy to pay $42.00 for French toast and watch the characters dance around the room.

Just switched from POP to CBR. We are so excited to be back to the magic.

Does anyone know what restaurants will be open at the resort?

Thanks,
Don’t really know, I assume sebastians will be open. ADRS are not bookable yet, the resort doesn’t open until the 29th.

Will be watching this reopening - hoping the Coke Freestyle machines are still open in buildings. I really loved that convenience but could see it killed because of COVID-19.
I am also hoping. If they are not open in other buildings I doubt it is worth buying the refill cup.

Going in October. Hoping Spyglass is open as we normally end up in that area and its so much more convenient.

We didn't try Sebastian's last time due to the last minuteness of the trip we tried to cram in 2 character meals. Hoping this time to try it. The pool bar food was GREAT!

We are back at CBR!

Our August trip was a split stay 2 nights at YC for swimming at SAB and 7 nights at POP with 6 day park tickets. We were moved from YC to contemporary garden wing and honestly wasn't excited about it since theme park access wasn't important and I didn't think the pool was comparable (to be fair there are no polls on property comparable to SAB). Plus we heard the pools at POP are only 11-9. Swimming is just as important (probably even more important) to my kids as the parks. And also dealing with a split stay right now, we just felt better staying in one place.

So we switched to 9 night at CBR. Ended up being the same price. We told the kids and they're very happy with the decision because they love CBR. Hope Sebastians opens, we are there last trip and really enjoyed it.

We are back at CBR!

Our August trip was a split stay 2 nights at YC for swimming at SAB and 7 nights at POP with 6 day park tickets. We were moved from YC to contemporary garden wing and honestly wasn't excited about it since theme park access wasn't important and I didn't think the pool was comparable (to be fair there are no polls on property comparable to SAB). Plus we heard the pools at POP are only 11-9. Swimming is just as important (probably even more important) to my kids as the parks. And also dealing with a split stay right now, we just felt better staying in one place.

So we switched to 9 night at CBR. Ended up being the same price. We told the kids and they're very happy with the decision because they love CBR. Hope Sebastians opens, we are there last trip and really enjoyed it.

We stayed at both the BC and CBR and my kids loved both pools. We liked that CBR pool has 2 waterslides. Have fun on your trip! :)

We stayed at both the BC and CBR and my kids loved both pools. We liked that CBR pool has 2 waterslides. Have fun on your trip! :)
It's really the leisure pools that sealed the deal. If the main pool is busy due to lower capacity, I'm hopeful the leisure pools wont be. Also I think they are supposed to be open 24 hours, so we can swim in the mornings. Epcot doesn't open til 11 and my kids are up by 8, so we can get in an hour or two after breakfast.

^^Where are you getting that any pool is going to be open 24/7. Never heard of Disney allowing that anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter