Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I think I saw there’s no elevators. One of our party will have a scooter, and there were no accessible rooms available either when I booked. I should request a first floor room, then?

Lastly, is there one large parking lot near the front of the resort, or multiple parking areas that would put you closer to the actual building you’re staying in?

Right, the buildings don't have elevators. And there's multiple parking areas for each of the sections.

For those that asked recently, the Coke Machine was working in Aruba, building 52. We used it a lot on our trip last week. Also, we never did see a recreation schedule anywhere. I didn't look around the main pool though, I forgot.
Do you know if the coke machines in each village allow you to get just plain water if you don't have a resort cup?

For those of you who have had 5 people in the room, any tips/tricks/best practices for staying organized and making best use of the space?
Our group has 3 adults and 2 teens in a 5th sleeper, and we have traveled together for years and are used to sharing a hotel room together, but this will be the smallest room we've shared in our 13 years of trips. Two of us use packing cubes and usually put those in the drawers, nest our suitcases, and use a suitcase as an extra nightstand between the wall and the bed. The other 3 like to live out of their suitcases and resist any kind of unpacking, so they will need spaces to set down their suitcases. Does CBR have luggage stands in the rooms? Is it possible to request an extra stand or two?

Any other ideas for making the space work with this many people? We are flying out from California, so we don't have room to pack all kinds of extras, but could bring something small if it would help. I've already got some command hooks and an over-the-door shoe organizer that I'm planning on bringing.

(And side note, we do know about the size of the 5th sleeper. The younger teen is short and weighs less than 90lbs and doesn't toss and turn much when he sleeps, so we think he'll be more than fine there.)

TIA!

One more question- how many hooks/towel bars are in the room, and where are they located? Anyone know or remember? I think I saw that there are 3 hooks to hang towels in the bathroom, a towel bar over the toilet, and one small one in the sink area? Is that correct? I'm thinking of bringing command hooks with us for towels and wondering how many we might need.
TIA!

One more question- how many hooks/towel bars are in the room, and where are they located? Anyone know or remember? I think I saw that there are 3 hooks to hang towels in the bathroom, a towel bar over the toilet, and one small one in the sink area? Is that correct? I'm thinking of bringing command hooks with us for towels and wondering how many we might need.
TIA!
So if I remember correctly there may have been hooks in-between the 5th sleeper and the bathroom on that wall but I may be confusing it with POR. Since the closet is the whole side wall in the bathroom, you can also get away with hanging towels on the hangers there too but for our family (4), I felt like between the drying line, hooks and hangers, we had no issues hanging all our towels. The dollar tree sells an extendable hanger with hooks attached, it's easier than sticking up command hooks. Might also find it at walmart. they're cheapy plastic but easy to use and store. There's a towel rack over the toilet, a towel bar next to the sink and I believe two hooks behind the bathroom door.

We had one luggage stand in the closet/bathroom area and if you could get one more you could put it near the door by bed. I'd ask if you really think you need it. That's where my kids put there cases since they also live out of their suitcases on trips too. Also, if you request a corner room, it's not vastly different in size but the extra window will help the room feel larger.

Touring plans has some decent room photos of you need to see areas/space. Also, if you google CBR room tour, you'll get some pretty thorough ones and even if they're from a few years ago, not much has changed in the rooms.

So if I remember correctly there may have been hooks in-between the 5th sleeper and the bathroom on that wall but I may be confusing it with POR. Since the closet is the whole side wall in the bathroom, you can also get away with hanging towels on the hangers there too but for our family (4), I felt like between the drying line, hooks and hangers, we had no issues hanging all our towels. The dollar tree sells an extendable hanger with hooks attached, it's easier than sticking up command hooks. Might also find it at walmart. they're cheapy plastic but easy to use and store. There's a towel rack over the toilet, a towel bar next to the sink and I believe two hooks behind the bathroom door.

We had one luggage stand in the closet/bathroom area and if you could get one more you could put it near the door by bed. I'd ask if you really think you need it. That's where my kids put there cases since they also live out of their suitcases on trips too. Also, if you request a corner room, it's not vastly different in size but the extra window will help the room feel larger.

Touring plans has some decent room photos of you need to see areas/space. Also, if you google CBR room tour, you'll get some pretty thorough ones and even if they're from a few years ago, not much has changed in the rooms.

Thank you! This is super helpful. I'll look into those hanger things. We're 44 days away and starting to discuss what we need to bring - I'm tempted to get out the suitcases now to figure out how much room we actually have to pack everything.

Can anyone confirm if there are King rooms that connect to 2 queens? There must be, yes? My TA is saying I need to book 2 queen rooms if I want connecting rooms - but what I really want is 1 king and 2 queens that connect. Thanks!

Important questions: where is coffee available for filling the unlimited refill mugs? Only in Centertown or at each village as well? Is real half and half available to put in the coffee at these locations? And how is the free coffee (I realize Joffrey's is probably better, but wondering if it's generally palatable.

I clearly have my priorities straight! 😂

Important questions: where is coffee available for filling the unlimited refill mugs? Only in Centertown or at each village as well? Is real half and half available to put in the coffee at these locations? And how is the free coffee (I realize Joffrey's is probably better, but wondering if it's generally palatable.

The coffee for the refillable mugs is Joffrey's. I think it's pretty good.

As a fellow "coffee achiever" (DH's name for me), I agree that these are important questions! I haven't stayed at CBR yet, but my own research says it's available at Centertown but not at each village. I heard that it used to be at Spyglass pre-Covid, but I haven't confirmed that it's back again now that Spyglass has finally reopened.

One of our group is a super early riser (like 4 or 5am), and he has been designated as our coffee runner, with instructions to bring coffee back to the room each morning. :coffee:

I did a search, but nothing came up. Is mousekeeping back to normal yet or is it just the Deluxe resorts for now? I’m going next Saturday for a week and hoping for more than trash and towel service every other day.
Just finished up a six night stay and happy to report on our trash and towel days they remade the beds for us. I did run into the housekeeper both days and let her know “there was a card for her on the chest of drawers”. Don’t know if that impacted it or not, but it was a nice surprise.

We checked in on Saturday and they did our trash/towels on Monday and Wednesday. We checked out today (Friday).

Does anyone have any experience booking two rooms at this resort? Looking to take a trip with some family later this year and will be needing to book two rooms. I plan to call in order to make the reservation so I can get the two rooms under one reservation. However, I'm just wondering if Disney is pretty good with at least having the two rooms you book near each other. We don't need connecting rooms. Honestly even just having the two rooms in the same section of the resort would be good enough. Are we pretty likely to at least get rooms close to each other? With how big this resort is it would stink if the rooms were on like opposite sides of the place.

Does anyone have any experience booking two rooms at this resort? Looking to take a trip with some family later this year and will be needing to book two rooms. I plan to call in order to make the reservation so I can get the two rooms under one reservation. However, I'm just wondering if Disney is pretty good with at least having the two rooms you book near each other. We don't need connecting rooms. Honestly even just having the two rooms in the same section of the resort would be good enough. Are we pretty likely to at least get rooms close to each other? With how big this resort is it would stink if the rooms were on like opposite sides of the place.
We went with my parents. Our reservations were connected, and our rooms were in the same building around the corner from each other.

We were also traveling with several other family members and had a total of 9 rooms. They put us all as close together as possible and were very accommodating.

As a fellow "coffee achiever" (DH's name for me), I agree that these are important questions! I haven't stayed at CBR yet, but my own research says it's available at Centertown but not at each village. I heard that it used to be at Spyglass pre-Covid, but I haven't confirmed that it's back again now that Spyglass has finally reopened.

One of our group is a super early riser (like 4 or 5am), and he has been designated as our coffee runner, with instructions to bring coffee back to the room each morning. :coffee:
Coffee achiever, I love it!! Hahaha!

Spyglass will be farther than Centertown from where we're staying (Aruba or Jamaica), so it sounds like Centertown will be my coffee fix spot! Do you happen to remember what creamer options they had available? I like real half-and-half and will probably plan to pack some if they only have non-dairy options (blech!)

Coffee achiever, I love it!! Hahaha!

Spyglass will be farther than Centertown from where we're staying (Aruba or Jamaica), so it sounds like Centertown will be my coffee fix spot! Do you happen to remember what creamer options they had available? I like real half-and-half and will probably plan to pack some if they only have non-dairy options (blech!)

I don't remember the creamer options from what I'd read pre-covid, alas. We first started planning this trip in 2019, with plans to go June 2020, so I had done all kinds of research and then put it on hold for a couple years. We'll be flying out from CA in 40 days, and I'm looking forward to finally being there!

We're doing a grocery stop due to one of group having some very specific dietary requirements (allergies plus other issues), and I am planning on picking up some half-and-half then. I'm also bringing my favorite coffee sugar to disguise any bad coffee and pretend it's better than it is. (Using fancy coffee sugars is part of how I got my "coffee achiever" nickname....) :rotfl:

POOL INFLATABLES - can you take inflatables into the pool at CBR? My daughter has one of those blow up unicorn floats

Can anyone confirm if there are King rooms that connect to 2 queens? There must be, yes? My TA is saying I need to book 2 queen rooms if I want connecting rooms - but what I really want is 1 king and 2 queens that connect. Thanks!
We have had a connecting king and two queens room many times. They do exist!

We just got back last Saturday. We went with my parents, and had two completely separate reservations, booked a few weeks apart and we had rooms next door to each other. They weren’t adjoining. We all do have the same last name, so that likely helped and I’m sure they can see we’re connected on our friends and family list.

In Disney speak "adjoining" means the rooms are next to each other and might even be back to back with the doors on opposite sides of the building. We actually got that once. "Connecting" rooms have a door between them. Your room request and the other reservation number is all you need. They will note that the two parties are "travelling together" along with your adjoining or connecting room request. We've always done this by phone via the reservation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter