Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Always wanted to stay here but, we're looking at dates in August for 10 days, my only concern is that this resort seems huge, is it a ton of walking? 10 days at a huge resort concerns me...well my feet really.
I think that's a big complaint people have with this resort, but I really don't think it's that bad.

We stayed in Jamaica (building 41 last time) which is closest to the Skyliner hub. It was maybe a 7 minute walk to OPR, the feature pool, etc. There is a playground on the way. There was a quiet pool in each section, so you don't have to go to the feature pool if you don't want to. We were about 3 minutes to both the Skyliner and a bus stop. We were also maybe 7 minutes from Spyglass Grill which is the quick service in the Trinidad section (which is the most remote section). If your room is in a central location (like Jamaica), it's not that big. I wouldn't walk the perimeter though.

We were there for Thanksgiving 2021 in a preferred room in Martinique and it was super close to the food court. We took the internal bus to the Skyliner. The bus system to AK and MK were just fine.

Always wanted to stay here but, we're looking at dates in August for 10 days, my only concern is that this resort seems huge, is it a ton of walking? 10 days at a huge resort concerns me...well my feet really.
Obviously everyone is different, but while it is spread out it didn't feel overly huge to us. We were also in Jamaica, which I had requested to be close to the skyliner. We were further from OPR, of course, but didn't find the walk to be that bad. The only one who struggled was my dad, who has bad knees and hips and chose to save his walking for the park, but he could make the walk (and did for the hot tub daily!). The rest of us had no problem, and we were doing 28-30k steps every day. It just really wasn't that big of a deal for our family (and there were 23 of us spread out around the resort).

Just booked a 5th person sleeper for end of August. Our first time staying at CBR!

I noticed that the pirate rooms in Trinidad have been updated to a 5th person sleeper room (and you can no longer book the pirate room as a specific room type). Does that mean we could request the newer room? Any information on when other rooms are being updated, if they are? I really like the layout of the updated room, especially with being able to lift up the murphy bed to create some extra space!

Looks like I might have answered my own question, when looking at the standard 5th person sleeper it shows this information:
1673020963998.png

I would assume that the 1 queen, 1 queen pull-down are the updated rooms.

Looks like I might have answered my own question, when looking at the standard 5th person sleeper it shows this information:
View attachment 730170

I would assume that the 1 queen, 1 queen pull-down are the updated rooms.
Yes, I would assume that as well. None of the old 5th sleepers have a Queen pull down.

Side note: Wonder why it says "Sleeps up to 4 Adults" on a Standard View- 5th Sleeper room.

It says the 5th sleeper is a child sized bed - I just tried and it wouldn’t let me book a room for 5 unless at least one person was a child.
Oh, yeah, that makes sense. It is a child sized pull down bunk. It likely wouldn't work for anyone over the age of 9 or 10 unless they were super short. I've never encountered this issue because our 5th sleep is 4.

Though, I wonder. Does the 5th sleeper have to just be under 18 to book the room, or do they have to be Disney's definition of a child- under 10?

Oh, yeah, that makes sense. It is a child sized pull down bunk. It likely wouldn't work for anyone over the age of 9 or 10 unless they were super short. I've never encountered this issue because our 5th sleep is 4.

Though, I wonder. Does the 5th sleeper have to just be under 18 to book the room, or do they have to be Disney's definition of a child- under 10?
The hotel standard of under 18. I am staying there with 3 adults (over 18) and two children 12 & 8.

Hello! My husband and 2 of our adult children are staying at CBR in May. My daughter booked a room for her and her brother, and I booked a room for my husband and me, so 2 separate reservation numbers. What do we need to do to connect the 2 reservations? We don't need connecting or adjacent rooms, but nearby would be nice. Also, I booked a king room; are they in all the villages or only certain ones. Thanks!

Hello! My husband and 2 of our adult children are staying at CBR in May. My daughter booked a room for her and her brother, and I booked a room for my husband and me, so 2 separate reservation numbers. What do we need to do to connect the 2 reservations? We don't need connecting or adjacent rooms, but nearby would be nice. Also, I booked a king room; are they in all the villages or only certain ones. Thanks!
You will need to contact Disney and provide them with both reservations numbers. Ask that they add a "traveling with" notation on each of the accounts. This will let the room assigner know that you want to be near one another.

I would imagine the entire resort will get this refurb. It would be odd for them to have such different looks. It will be interesting to see, however, if some rooms will retain two queen beds. I mean, now there are rooms without the 5th sleeper. So I would assume some rooms will be refurbed without the sleeper. Will those rooms still have the Murphy bed or two queens?

The couple that does the Here with the Ears vlogs and room tours have a tour of the new rooms up and they said - both in the video and in responses on socials - that they asked numerous people at the resort and Disney about it and were told there are no plans to carry the themeing to the rest of the resort.

Quick question: we have two Standard - 5th sleeper rooms booked for April 14-16
What are the chances we will get a remodeled room?
And how can we increase the chance of having one of those rooms (if it’s at all possible)?
Thanks 😊

Our fairly tall 10 year old slept in it last week. He fit but just barely!

Our fairly tall 10 year old slept in it last week. He fit but just barely!
My 4 year old is VERY tall for his age. So I'm not sure how long this resort will be an option for our family of 5. Which is a bummer, because I love them. Hopefully we'll get to stay in one of the refurbished rooms at some point so we can test them out. Our 2023 trips are DVC rentals, so it won't be this year.

My 4 year old is VERY tall for his age. So I'm not sure how long this resort will be an option for our family of 5. Which is a bummer, because I love them. Hopefully we'll get to stay in one of the refurbished rooms at some point so we can test them out. Our 2023 trips are DVC rentals, so it won't be this year.
We only stayed one night and thought the layout was great for the size of the room but it is super small for 5. Our boys are 10, 15, and 25 so we need more room and another bathroom. We did a split stay with BLT 1 bedroom and were very happy with the extra space there but the price is a kick in the pants.

We only stayed one night and thought the layout was great for the size of the room but it is super small for 5. Our boys are 10, 15, and 25 so we need more room and another bathroom. We did a split stay with BLT 1 bedroom and were very happy with the extra space there but the price is a kick in the pants.
We've stayed several times as a family of 5, most recently for a week in April 2022, with kids 17, 14, and 4. It was the old rooms with 2 Queens and the pull down bunk. It was definitely tight, but absolutely doable for us. I figured the newly refurbished rooms might be even better now since we could fold up the second queen for more space when not sleeping. Of course, we're rarely in our room except to sleep. So maybe it wouldn't make that much of a difference. A second bathroom would be nice because our teen daughter tends to hog it. We're doing a Poly DVC studio in 2 weeks and that has the 2nd bathroom. We'll probably be spoiled after it.

We've booked 5th sleeper rooms with kids older than 10, our younger daughter was 12 when we last stayed at CBR in the pull down bed. However, I will say we are only 4 people.

We booked a standard room for this Saturday - Thursday. I put in a request using the MDE chat feature for a refurbished room in Trinidad. Fingers crossed. I hope I didn't screw up by not requesting something else!

We booked a standard room for this Saturday - Thursday. I put in a request using the MDE chat feature for a refurbished room in Trinidad. Fingers crossed. I hope I didn't screw up by not requesting something else!
Let us know how that worked for you! Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter