Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

we just booked out next trip for Dec 1-9 we have two rooms i am hoping to have them connected like we had before

this will be our 3rd stay at CBR first one after the last big renovation and skyline

Take the trip advisor comments with a grain of salt. ymmv but it truly depends on the room you get as some are more beat up than others, and your overall expectations. For us, our room was clean but just old and worn. We had changed rooms during the stay, and our second room was actually in worse shape than the first. Chipped wall paint, carpet really worn out, the window ac was missing the plate cover, etc. None of these are major issue and thankfully we had no cleanliness issues. Some people have really high expectations and others don't so that will also dictate your experience. I realize that Disney values/mods are overpriced motels so I have the bar set pretty low. All that to say, we like a lot of the mods and values we've stayed at but I'm holding off on going back until all the rooms have been redone at CBR.

We've stayed at other disney resorts, and when you compare rooms, it's very apparent that CBR is out of date. I also feel like the room condition doesn't command the price they charge. There's nothing inherently wrong with the rooms, there just isn't anything new, remarkable, uniquely themed or modern. The lobby areas and restaurants have been redone about 4 years back, which are great. But they don't match the feel of the rooms at all.

Ya that's kind of the main thing I have been hearing, worn and in need of updates. It's the only moderate my wife and I haven't stayed at. Due to that and the skyliner option we figured why not. But then after digging around a bit things seem to be lagging behind the other ones. We still have it booked, but honestly out of all of the mods POFQ was my favorite so far. But of course it wasn't perfect. I appreciate the response!

Skyliner question for recent guests --
how much of a game changer is skyliner versus bus?
Context: we are a family of 4, 2 adults w 2 & 5 year old. 1 week visit. Last trip was 2018 at POR. We thought we were most interested in Skyliner because we can keep the double stroller intact and we will likely take mid-day breaks. We will visit all 4 parks at opening.

Other options for us would be POP to save $400 or a studio DVC at AKL through points rental for about the same money. Really torn on how Skyliner will impact our time waiting for transportation!
It's a complete game changer for Studios and Epcot. I had a room close to the station and it was 10 minutes from walking out of my room to getting off at Studios, 15 minutes for Epcot.

If you stay at Pop, you will have to wait in an extra line for your initial ride in the morning or coming back from the fireworks, but during the middle of the day they are all usually walk ons.

We stayed at Caribbean Beach in 2020 and 2021. Both my sister's family and my family loved it. The skyliner is the best! I've stayed at POP and AoA in the last few years to, and even though those rooms have been refurbished more recently, I would rather stay at CB for ease of the skyliner.

You can book the 5th bed sleeper option, then at check-in you could request the updated room. As of now, the new mermaid rooms are not a separate bookable category, and fall under the 5th sleep option. No guarantee that they will put you there though.
Hm, ok. I think we'll just stay elsewhere and try CBR when I know I can book the updated rooms. I'm assuming they'll either convert all rooms or create a separate booking option at some point.

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Skyliner. We walked right on every single time from CBR (although where our room was I think we were actually getting on at Rivera's Skyliner). The only think that SUCKS is when it rains. That said, 100% think the Skyliner is worth it. I mean, the monorail doesn't work in the rain either. My husband booked us at Wilderness Lodge this next trip and while I'm really excited, this is my first stay at a deluxe EVER, I'm still a little sad we're not staying at a Skyliner resort. I love that thing. Coming in at the back of EPCOT-- :::chef's kiss::::.

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Skyliner. We walked right on every single time from CBR (although where our room was I think we were actually getting on at Rivera's Skyliner). The only think that SUCKS is when it rains. That said, 100% think the Skyliner is worth it. I mean, the monorail doesn't work in the rain either. My husband booked us at Wilderness Lodge this next trip and while I'm really excited, this is my first stay at a deluxe EVER, I'm still a little sad we're not staying at a Skyliner resort. I love that thing. Coming in at the back of EPCOT-- :::chef's kiss::::.
I share your sentiments on the Skyliner!!! I wish they would extend it to other places like AK and Disney Springs

Hm, ok. I think we'll just stay elsewhere and try CBR when I know I can book the updated rooms. I'm assuming they'll either convert all rooms or create a separate booking option at some point.
At this time there are no plans to convert any other rooms at CBR :( I wished they did all the rooms since they all need it. I'm guessing they went in first to trinidad/pirate rooms since these may have been older than the regular/non pirate themed rooms, idk. Fingers crossed.

iv booked CBR for 15 nights for next year and I’m just wondering are they doing all the rooms up or is it only certain room types There doing up?

I’m wondering if anyone knows what the refill drink cup options are currently at Caribbean Beach? I have read that there was an upgraded auction for the stainless steel versus the plastic. I’m just wondering if that still the case I can’t seem to find anything. And which one is the plastic one as I know there’s different types out there right now or at least there was.

iv booked CBR for 15 nights for next year and I’m just wondering are they doing all the rooms up or is it only certain room types There doing up?
As far as I’ve seen from Disney, only the rooms in the Trinidad/Pirate section are and have been remodeled to the Little Mermaid theme. Nothing as of yet has been announced about redoing the rest of CBRs rooms.

Hi all
I’m staying at CBR in May for the first time.
I have friends staying at Riviera Resort that I’ll be meeting up with most days so was wondering which area of the resort would be best to request?
Ideally I’d like to strike the balance of being close to Riviera but not so far away from the main lobby that it’s a hike!
Thanks for your advice folks 😀

Aruba and Martinique are closest to riviera but depending on which building you are in, you could be far from the main lobby especially in Aruba. I’d request Martinique but take a look at a resort map to see what you think for which building. We’ve not stayed in this area before but you can use google maps and use walking directions to estimate distances. To give you an idea, we’ve been in the Jamaica section before and that’s a good 10 min walk to Riviera and 5ish min to the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter