• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I have a reservation for a Standard View - 5th Sleeper and I reached out via MDE chat to put in a room request for Trinidad. When I asked for it, the CM came back and said that for my category the only sections are Aruba and Jamaica. So I followed up by asking, "what category do I need to book in order to request Trinidad?" She was gone for 7 minutes before coming back and telling me that "I am not able to see specific room types for this section." and telling me to call to change my booking. I'm guessing they removed Pirate rooms from the system but haven't actually replaced them yet? Or was my CM just very confused? Am I the confused one? o_O
I had the exact same conversation with a couple of CMs. They're just in a call center and sometimes they don't know the very latest regarding rooms. The Under the Sea rooms aren't yet a bookable category, so they don't show up for them in room requests. I was able to connect with a CM who told me to just request the specific building (Trinidad) and building number. I did that and then followed up the next day to be sure it was still showing up on my reservation, and it was. We check in next week, so fingers crossed it works!

I have a reservation for a Standard View - 5th Sleeper and I reached out via MDE chat to put in a room request for Trinidad. When I asked for it, the CM came back and said that for my category the only sections are Aruba and Jamaica. So I followed up by asking, "what category do I need to book in order to request Trinidad?" She was gone for 7 minutes before coming back and telling me that "I am not able to see specific room types for this section." and telling me to call to change my booking. I'm guessing they removed Pirate rooms from the system but haven't actually replaced them yet? Or was my CM just very confused? Am I the confused one? o_O
This is strange. As I understand it, all the Trinidad rooms are now refurbed LM rooms and they are all 5th sleeper. Same as you, I couldn't see an option to book one so I went for a standard 5th sleeper. I did mine over the phone and was able to add a room request for Trinidad Little Mermaid room, which I can see on my booking has been added. So I think you may just want to try again to have it added as a room request. It is a shame that you can't just book them so you know what you're getting!!!

This is strange. As I understand it, all the Trinidad rooms are now refurbed LM rooms and they are all 5th sleeper. Same as you, I couldn't see an option to book one so I went for a standard 5th sleeper. I did mine over the phone and was able to add a room request for Trinidad Little Mermaid room, which I can see on my booking has been added. So I think you may just want to try again to have it added as a room request. It is a shame that you can't just book them so you know what you're getting!!!
I'm with you! I wish we could just book them directly and know for sure we'd be in one! Do you mind sharing where you see the reservation notes on your booking? I've called twice to confirm my reservation has my requests listed, and the CM has confirmed both times, but I don't see it anywhere on the app.

Two more days until we check in!! I'm so excited!!

I'm with you! I wish we could just book them directly and know for sure we'd be in one! Do you mind sharing where you see the reservation notes on your booking? I've called twice to confirm my reservation has my requests listed, and the CM has confirmed both times, but I don't see it anywhere on the app.

So I don't know if it the same because mine is a UK booking, which I made over the phone. Afterwards they emailed me a booking confirmation/invoice and it was stated in the notes on there.

I guess if a CM says its on there then i am sure it it :) Fingers crossed you get one of these rooms after all of your efforts! Let us know how you get on and have an amazing trip!!!

You won't see it, they are internal notes for CM's who block rooms. And remember, it's only a request.

You won't see it, they are internal notes for CM's who block rooms. And remember, it's only a request.
I made a similar request for my stay last week. I recieved a traditional style room in Aruba. However, the proximity to the Riviera skyliner, restaurants and bus was pretty great. We used their bus services and never waited more than 6 or 8 minutes coming or going.

Hi, all! CBR availability popped up today for our upcoming trip (decided to stay a little longer and tack on a few nights after staying at YC) and we went for it. It’s our first time staying here and we love checking out the different resorts.

I admittedly know very little about this resort aside from the Skyliner station and that it’s massive. We have a standard room with a 5th sleeper. Is there a certain building we should request for pool and/or Skyliner proximity?

Hi, all! CBR availability popped up today for our upcoming trip (decided to stay a little longer and tack on a few nights after staying at YC) and we went for it. It’s our first time staying here and we love checking out the different resorts.

I admittedly know very little about this resort aside from the Skyliner station and that it’s massive. We have a standard room with a 5th sleeper. Is there a certain building we should request for pool and/or Skyliner proximity?
Check out the resort maps and room views on Touring Plans. You’ll get a very good overall feel of the resort layout there.🌺

I had the exact same conversation with a couple of CMs. They're just in a call center and sometimes they don't know the very latest regarding rooms. The Under the Sea rooms aren't yet a bookable category, so they don't show up for them in room requests. I was able to connect with a CM who told me to just request the specific building (Trinidad) and building number. I did that and then followed up the next day to be sure it was still showing up on my reservation, and it was. We check in next week, so fingers crossed it works!
I just did the give a specific building number (I just asked for Building 34, did not even mention Trinidad) over chat and had the response of my booked room category can't request that area. They even "escalated" and confirmed that. Just so weird, since the old pirate rooms are no longer a separate bookable category AND the description of the standard 5th bed sleeper now states

"2 Queen Beds and 1 Child-Size Pull-Down Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Queen-Size Pull Down Bed and 1 Child-Size Pull-Down Bed"

My understanding is that the bold is ONLY in the refurbished Trinidad area.

Just tried again and still received the "Only Jamaica and Aruba" can be requested for the standard 5th sleeper. This cast member also said water or pool view 5th sleeper can be in Trinidad. That also makes no sense because pirate rooms had both standard view and water/pool view bookable categories.

In the end, I have a Touringplans request set up for the building I want. I think I might try a randomly a few more times to see if I get a CM who will add the note as I asked as well. If not, I will rely on TP for the request, and then on check-in day if we don't get the building we want, to go to the front desk and see if they can move us.

I wonder if Disney will discount the rooms here early next year with the pool being down? And POFQ as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter