Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back from Caribbean Beach a few days ago. Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45 and 46 were under refurbishment. We were in Jamaica 44 in a renovated room. Loved the location! Close to sky liner and bus stop.
Thanks for the pics. The room definitely looks fresher, the rooms really needed it. Good thing they found that super themed shower curtain...lol, seriously plain white.......come on disney.....do better than that.

We stayed Jamaica 45 and it was really convenient when we last stayed. It's a good location.

I think you'd need to decide what's more of a priority, location/proximity to the skyliner or having a refurbished room. I've not stayed in the trinidad section but even having them uniquely themed doesn't bring a ton of fans of this part of the resort. When I look at it on the map, it's sort of it's own after-thought of a location, it's even on a separate body of water?! lol but, if you really want a nicer, newer room, that will fit the bill and you'll get the Little Mermaid theming. The other rooms around the property that are not in trinidad are just soft goods refurbs so it's not going to look like the LM rooms in trinidad. I've not seen any news direct from disney on these soft good refurbs at CBR so I'd take that to mean, it's likely nothing worth sharing.

Your bus location is really going to depend on which building in each section you are in. For us, Jamaica, building 45 was an ideal location since it was close to the CBR skyliner station, the bus stop and a 5 min walk over the bridge to the lobby.

we were good in Trinidad 36 too, close to skyliner, a bus stop and it was about 8 minutes to the lobby. We did not go to the main food court much, Just spyglass because it was right there (it's ok) and the bar by the pool.

Just got back from Caribbean Beach a few days ago. Aruba 51 and Jamaica 45 and 46 were under refurbishment. We were in Jamaica 44 in a renovated room. Loved the location! Close to sky liner and bus stop.

Thanks for the pics. The room definitely looks fresher, the rooms really needed it. Good thing they found that super themed shower curtain...lol, seriously plain white.......come on disney.....do better than that.

We stayed Jamaica 45 and it was really convenient when we last stayed. It's a good location.

^^ exactly what @TheSouthernBelle said. It definitely looks fresher and brighter but man what a snooze of a shower curtain!

Staying at CBR for the first time for one night over Labor Day and requested Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 or Aruba 52. Curious to see where we actually end up and whether or not it's refurbished.

Question about housekeeping. I know moderates get it every other day. If we check in on a Friday, my assumption is the first day of housekeeping is on Sunday. Is that correct?

Question about housekeeping. I know moderates get it every other day. If we check in on a Friday, my assumption is the first day of housekeeping is on Sunday. Is that correct?
Yes, that's correct. We had a 4 night stay at a mod recently, checked in Wed, 1st day of cleaning was Friday, checked out Sunday so only had housekeeping one time in a 4 night stay.

Hi everyone! We are looking to book a trip in January to CBR. We noticed that the main pool will be closed for maintenance during our dates. In your experience, would this significantly impact the trip? We aren't big pool users, so I don't care much about not swimming. It's more whether the maintenance will detract from the atmosphere - would it be an eye sore? If you've stayed there during pool maintenance season, would love to hear about your experience!

Also, we are hoping to get one of the new Little Mermaid rooms by requesting Trinidad. If you've stayed in both, how would you say these rooms compare to some of the lowest cost deluxe properties like SSR and OKW?

Hi everyone! We are looking to book a trip in January to CBR. We noticed that the main pool will be closed for maintenance during our dates. In your experience, would this significantly impact the trip? We aren't big pool users, so I don't care much about not swimming. It's more whether the maintenance will detract from the atmosphere - would it be an eye sore? If you've stayed there during pool maintenance season, would love to hear about your experience!

Also, we are hoping to get one of the new Little Mermaid rooms by requesting Trinidad. If you've stayed in both, how would you say these rooms compare to some of the lowest cost deluxe properties like SSR and OKW?
So the LM rooms are in Trinidad and are a pretty long haul from the main pool/lobby, I'd say could be anywhere from 6 min or as long as 10, depending on which building in Trinidad. Also, depending on which walkway you take, you might never even walk past the main pool. If you won't be swimming, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's sort of behind the main lobby but before the pool bar and walking bridge to the other buildings. You might see it, but I doubt any construction equipment would take away from your stay in Trinidad which is about a half a mile away.

I've not stayed in the new LM rooms but from what I've seen, they look pretty nice. I've only stayed in the regular 5th sleeper rooms. I'd say they're nicer than OKW since they're newer but clearly not as large as OKW, but may not be as nice as the newly redone rooms at SSR as those look a little bit more upscale and are likely a bit larger too.

I was talking to my wife about out upcoming trip and we were talking about the skyliner, she said she read some where hotels with the skyliner no longer have bus to the parks that the skyliner goes to is that true

so there no bus from Caribbean resort to Epcot only the skyliner

because I don’t want to be drop off in the world showcase I want to start our day at future world and I wanted to take a bus to the park but then use the skyline to get back to the resort

this is my daughters first trip so I wanted to her see spaceship earth when we first walk into the park

I was talking to my wife about out upcoming trip and we were talking about the skyliner, she said she read some where hotels with the skyliner no longer have bus to the parks that the skyliner goes to is that true

so there no bus from Caribbean resort to Epcot only the skyliner

because I don’t want to be drop off in the world showcase I want to start our day at future world and I wanted to take a bus to the park but then use the skyline to get back to the resort

this is my daughters first trip so I wanted to her see spaceship earth when we first walk into the park
that's correct, skyliner resorts do not have any bus service to Epcot or DHS. The only time they have bus service is when the skyliner goes down for incliment weather. The easiest option is to uber/minnie van to Epcot or drive, if you'll have a car. Another round about option is to take the bus from CBR to MK, get on the ferry/monorail to the TTC and take the epcot monorail over. If you don't want to drive/uber, and it's after 2, you could take the bus to disney springs, take a resort bus that has epcot bus service and bus from that resort to Epcot. That's a lot of extra steps that aren't needed and imo a waste of time. I'm sure there may be a few more options I'm missing.

that's correct, skyliner resorts do not have any bus service to Epcot or DHS. The only time they have bus service is when the skyliner goes down for incliment weather. The easiest option is to uber/minnie van to Epcot or drive, if you'll have a car. Another round about option is to take the bus from CBR to MK, get on the ferry/monorail to the TTC and take the epcot monorail over. If you don't want to drive/uber, and it's after 2, you could take the bus to disney springs, take a resort bus that has epcot bus service and bus from that resort to Epcot. That's a lot of extra steps that aren't needed and imo a waste of time. I'm sure there may be a few more options I'm missing.
ok thanks some one also said they still do have busses they just dont go as often.

we will be traveling with two kids and a Stroller so i dont want to have to may stops just to get to the park.

i think our only option is to take the skyliner and walk to the front. which sucks because i use to like to start my day at ball and when we leave see it all lite up

ok thanks some one also said they still do have busses they just dont go as often.

we will be traveling with two kids and a Stroller so i dont want to have to may stops just to get to the park.

i think our only option is to take the skyliner and walk to the front. which sucks because i use to like to start my day at ball and when we leave see it all lite up
No bus service to those parks at all unless they're down for weather. I've stayed at CBR several times since the skyliner came online and when you look at the bus schedule for epcot/DHS, it will say "use skyliner". My two cents with kids and stroller, I'd uber/minnie van or bus to MK to save your steps. Plus, I think the wow factor of starting at the front of the park is lost walking from IG to the front.

No bus service to those parks at all unless they're down for weather. I've stayed at CBR several times since the skyliner came online and when you look at the bus schedule for epcot/DHS, it will say "use skyliner". My two cents with kids and stroller, I'd uber/minnie van or bus to MK to save your steps. Plus, I think the wow factor of starting at the front of the park is lost walking from IG to the front.
they did have bus service back after fireworks at EPCOT on 7/4, not sure if that's the case every night.

I saw the pool is closed for 3 months this winter for construction (Jan through late March). Does anyone know what they’re doing to the pool? Our stay is mid-April and curious how they’re changing the main pool (and hoping it doesn’t run behind schedule and end up closed during our trip).

Hey people, finally heading back to CBR - and WDW - after EIGHT years since the last time (and a couple of failed attempts due to COVID). What would you say is the biggest change I could expect at CBR? I know the Centertown Market has been redone completely. Anything else you'd point out?

Bonus question: is mid-November still a good time to hit the resort pools? Will it be too cold? I'm based in Europe and I don't have a good sense of the Florida weather 🙃

Hey people, finally heading back to CBR - and WDW - after EIGHT years since the last time (and a couple of failed attempts due to COVID). What would you say is the biggest change I could expect at CBR? I know the Centertown Market has been redone completely. Anything else you'd point out?

Bonus question: is mid-November still a good time to hit the resort pools? Will it be too cold? I'm based in Europe and I don't have a good sense of the Florida weather 🙃

This might be stating the obvious and I genuinely don't mean it to be snarky, but the Skyliner is another thing that comes to mind, plus the knocking down of a section of CBR to build Riviera. :)

There's also the redo of Old Port Royale you mentioned, which includes Sebastian's restaurant and the Banana Cabana pool bar. From what I understand Banana Cabana has something of a cult following, and you can order a few of the Sebastian's dishes there if you don't want to do a full sit-down meal. Like Ohana and Tambu Lounge at the Poly.

Florida weather totally fluctuates so it's a bit hard to say about the pool in November. Floridians would probably say it's too cold, but where in Europe are you coming from? If you're used to a colder climate, you might find it perfect.

This might be stating the obvious and I genuinely don't mean it to be snarky, but the Skyliner is another thing that comes to mind, plus the knocking down of a section of CBR to build Riviera. :)

There's also the redo of Old Port Royale you mentioned, which includes Sebastian's restaurant and the Banana Cabana pool bar. From what I understand Banana Cabana has something of a cult following, and you can order a few of the Sebastian's dishes there if you don't want to do a full sit-down meal. Like Ohana and Tambu Lounge at the Poly.

Florida weather totally fluctuates so it's a bit hard to say about the pool in November. Floridians would probably say it's too cold, but where in Europe are you coming from? If you're used to a colder climate, you might find it perfect.
Thank you for your answer, and the tip about Banana Cabana! I didn't know that place was anything to take into consideration.I'll check it out for sure!

I'm from Italy...I guess the pool won't be for me 😅

We arrive in 13 days!!!☺️🌺
Does the gift shop have a multi pack of water for sale (as opposed to individual bottles)??
I know some resorts, too, just not sure about CBR.

Thanks!!!

Hello everyone! I have a very Italian question: Can someone tell me what is available for coffee in a preferred room? Is there an electric kettle? Filter machine (sorry, don't know the name)?
Thank you to anyone who will help out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter