Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are staying at CBR in April 2024, we have booked a preferred room with the room-only discount as there were no standard rooms available with the promo.

We had previously booked POR but moved to CBR because of the Skyliner. POR is about 500.00 cheaper because of the forced upgrade to preferred… still going back and forth on whether the extra cost is worth it. But with two small kids who loved the Skyliner when we stayed at POP last year, I’m hoping so!

Another room question. We are thinking about which building to request and we are debating Jamaica building 43 or right around there vs. Aruba building 55. I kind of like the idea of Aruba 55. It seems like it will be quiet and I like the idea of being so close to Riviera for their quick service restaurant and even using their bus stop for MK.

The only thing giving me pause is that I’m worried about trying to get to Epcot and Studios for rope drop by using the Riviera Skyliner station. I’m worried about waiting forever for a gondola as I’m picturing them all being full coming from the Boardwalk or being full coming from the main CBR station.

Hope that makes sense. Does anyone have experience using the Riviera station for park open? Were you able to get an open gondola quickly?

Thanks!

Another room question. We are thinking about which building to request and we are debating Jamaica building 43 or right around there vs. Aruba building 55. I kind of like the idea of Aruba 55. It seems like it will be quiet and I like the idea of being so close to Riviera for their quick service restaurant and even using their bus stop for MK.

The only thing giving me pause is that I’m worried about trying to get to Epcot and Studios for rope drop by using the Riviera Skyliner station. I’m worried about waiting forever for a gondola as I’m picturing them all being full coming from the Boardwalk or being full coming from the main CBR station.

Hope that makes sense. Does anyone have experience using the Riviera station for park open? Were you able to get an open gondola quickly?

Thanks!
They leave some of the Skyliner carriages empty so that way there are empty cars for people at the Riviera. We've only stayed at a Skyliner resort once so far (we're staying again this summer), but the lines at the main hub of CBR were very long for Epcot rope drop, and the lines at Riviera didn't look anywhere near as long! In fact, as I'm typing this to you, I'm starting to wonder if I should change which building we requested and move from Jamaica to Aruba, too. Hmmm.

Last edited:
Yes they will. And they will come pick you and your luggage up when it's time to check out.

Ooh, we might need to use the golf cart luggage transfer. We were supposed to check in this Tuesday. Now we're flying out tomorrow in an attempt to beat a snowstorm. I was able to get a room at CBR for tomorrow night. I didn't ask about keeping the same room for our package reservation. I was thinking I'd see where they put us tomorrow first? Our real reservation is for two rooms and I requested Jamaica and "traveling together" so if our one night room isn't in a great location I might just see where they assign us next. But we could use the golf cart service in the switch.

Ooh, we might need to use the golf cart luggage transfer. We were supposed to check in this Tuesday. Now we're flying out tomorrow in an attempt to beat a snowstorm. I was able to get a room at CBR for tomorrow night. I didn't ask about keeping the same room for our package reservation. I was thinking I'd see where they put us tomorrow first? Our real reservation is for two rooms and I requested Jamaica and "traveling together" so if our one night room isn't in a great location I might just see where they assign us next. But we could use the golf cart service in the switch

I just got a text from SW telling me to check the weather before my flight. I’m set to leave tomorrow at 5am. Snow is coming tomorrow evening in my area. Hoping it doesn’t change. (Not sure why it posted the message I’m replying to twice)

New thought: with the extra night added at the front, I changed my Walmart delivery to our arrival night instead of the next day. But we'll likely be moving rooms the next day. Walmart said I could only reschedule once. Is it okay if I leave our order (all shelf-stable) at bell services till the next day? Do I need to tell them I am planning to pick it up the next day?

Hi all! I have a room request question!

Background:
We booked our trip for June 2024 last summer. I was able to add on the room discount no problem.... but then we decided to add on a day to our trip, and we had to upgrade a 5th sleeper! I'm bummed it's costing us an extra $10/night, but it's actually probably a good choice for our family because our kids are getting bigger and might appreciate not sharing a bed. So, I'll try to see it as a good thing!

Selecting a room:
I read that all of the 5th sleepers are in Jamaica, Aruba, and now the Little Mermaid rooms in Trinidad. My daughter might like the Little Mermaid rooms, but it isn't a must for us. What we really care about is trying to be about halfway between the Skyliner and Old Port Royale so that it's not a huge trek to do everything. I'm thinking about Jamaica buildings 44 or 45, or Trinidad building 34. Are any of these buildings better than others? Are we more likely to get our room request in Jamaica than in Trinidad, since so many people are probably requesting Little Mermaid rooms?

Thanks for sharing your opinions and thoughts!
Our favorite location is Jamaica 45, very centrally located. And some rooms in 45 are actually closer to OPR than some Preferred rooms in Martinique.

We are staying at CBR in April 2024, we have booked a preferred room with the room-only discount as there were no standard rooms available with the promo.

We had previously booked POR but moved to CBR because of the Skyliner. POR is about 500.00 cheaper because of the forced upgrade to preferred… still going back and forth on whether the extra cost is worth it. But with two small kids who loved the Skyliner when we stayed at POP last year, I’m hoping so!
That's a tough one. I'd say it's worth it only if you're planning to spend a lot of time at DHS and/or Epcot and will be utilizing the Skyliner a lot. Otherwise I might be inclined to save the $500.

Sorry I havent been keeping up with construction news lately. We are staying for 3 nights at CBR in March after 4 nights at the Poly. Are all of the room refurbs done at this time?

Sorry I havent been keeping up with construction news lately. We are staying for 3 nights at CBR in March after 4 nights at the Poly. Are all of the room refurbs done at this time?
Yes. Though the main feature pool is scheduled to be closed for a refurb until late March.

I stayed at CBR in 2016 (pre-skyliner) and my friend is looking to stay here in Feb 2025. Will all rooms have the little mermaid theme by then with one bed and the pull down murphy? Or, is it a separate booking category?

Are rooms near the skyliner now considered preferred? or are preferred still only those near the main check in area?

I stayed at CBR in 2016 (pre-skyliner) and my friend is looking to stay here in Feb 2025. Will all rooms have the little mermaid theme by then with one bed and the pull down murphy? Or, is it a separate booking category?

Are rooms near the skyliner now considered preferred? or are preferred still only those near the main check in area?

Apparently they are no longer a separate category like the Pirate Rooms were. You book a 5th sleeper and then roll the dice. Disney actually missed an option for an up charge here?

First, be sure to book either a Standard View - 5th Sleeper or Water or Pool View - 5th Sleeper. Next, use either the online chat feature or call Walt Disney World Reservations to add a note on your reservation that you'd prefer a Little Mermaid-themed room. Finally, when doing online check-in, you'll have the option to choose either Old Port Royale or the Disney Skyliner as a room location; select Disney Skyliner. Do not prioritize room readiness over fulfilling your request. If you arrive at the resort before the 3 PM check-in time, stop by the front desk to confirm your request. Although nothing is guaranteed, Cast Members work hard to ensure every Guest has a magical stay. -Plan Disney

Maybe consider switching to a different resort? CBR prices with no main pool + no Skyliner- ouch…
I wish! There are 5 conference resorts (with conference rates) and they are all sold out. I did try to search for other options on the DW site, but the only resort with availability was the Fort Wilderness cabins. It does really suck that we're missing two big resort perks during our stay.

It says "close to Disney transportation" as a preference. It doesn't say Skyliner. So, I wasn't sure if I wanted to choose that because I didn't want to be put right next to the bus stop. If you choose it, do they locate you near the Skyliner?
I'd love to know the answer to this as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter