• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Clause 2 a success

scooby-the-doo

Uber-Scoober
Friday's numbers.

1 THE SANTA CLAUSE 2 3,350 $7,525,000

Will fetch around 18 - 20 million for the weekend, good considering it is early november. Expect it to linger through Dec 25th if the word of mouth is anything above terrible.

2 THE RING 2,808 $5,700,000

Proving to have some staying power, although the Hallowe'en effect is surely coming into play also.

3 I SPY 3,182 $4,275,000

Another Eddie failure. Considering projections had this coming in at 20 million plus and the advertising blitz, it looks to be doing similar numbers to March's Showtime, which bottomed out at the 35 mill mark.

4 *******: THE MOVIE 2,530 $4,175,000

5 GHOST SHIP 2,787 $2,025,000

6 MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 1,977 $1,600,000

7 SWEET HOME ALABAMA 2,441 $1,350,000

8 PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE 1,252 $1,325,000

Soft openings rarely work in this mass theatre age.

9 RED DRAGON 1,955 $800,000

10 BROWN SUGAR 855 $450,000

We saw it today too.
Thought it was cute. You leave feeling really good about Christmas and kids! :)
DH liked the first better. I liked this one better. It was kinda draggy at the beginning though.

My wife and I saw this movie last evening. The theater was full. My wife and I both thought the movie was very good, very entertaining. Hopefully it will do well at the box office as Disney needs a hit. The trailer for Treasure Planet looks very interesting also. Maybe things are starting to click for Disney, let's hope so.

I was surprised to see so many US trailers at this showing. (Although the first trailer was TP.)
Then later they showed the trailer for Jungle book 2. :p I am a JB fan, but this should have gone direct to video, from what we saw. Nothing new or original from what I could tell. And I really want to remember Balloo with Phil Harris' voice. John Goodman is good, but don't over do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter