Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Would you rather spend...
1. 6 nights at Sugarloaf
-OR-
2. 5 nights at RPC
?
Looking for a relaxing, more resort- focused spring vacation.
TIA for the input! :thanks:

I'd also choose RPC without question. My main reason is atmosphere. I could sit in the RPC lounge for long periods of time enjoying every second. However, when we stayed at SL, we were pretty much in and out. Some people like/prefer in and out, so SL works great for them. We are more resort-oriented, so we tend to linger. Therefore, atmosphere is key for us. Good luck!!

I appreciate your detailed review! It came at a very opportune time for us as we will be staying at the CR Atrium Club in a TPV room in exactly two weeks! :flower1: We haven’t stayed there in several years - we tend to stay at DVC properties since we became members - but wanted to do it this time as a special treat for two nights. Your review only makes me more excited to get there!

1. 6 nights at Sugarloaf
-OR-
2. 5 nights at RPC
?

If you could hear us all were actually a wild chanting crowd saying....book them both book them both book them both!!!!!!!

What the heck:confused3, 6 nights at SL then put the cherry on top with 5 nights RPC....oh I forgot to mention one thing, send me your lottery #’s maybe I’ll give them a go!:rotfl2:

Funny because my DH prefers SL for one reason - convenience. He says when we’re at the pool, it was wonderful to be able to run in and grab drinks and snacks for the kids. I get it. But the atmosphere of RPC wins for me - it’s totally worth the walk. For DH’s 40th coming up in June, he picked SL. He didn’t even hesitate when I asked where he’d like to book. Doesn’t mean I’m going to stop working on trying to get him to change :cutie:

Your kids are younger than mine so this might not work for you, but next month we're trying something different (for us). I have 2 nights at GF in a LV room (not CL) and then we'll walk over to RPC for the next 2 nights (should be an easy split!). First and foremost, I couldn't get RPC for all 4 nights, so then I had to start weighing options. It finally popped up for our final 2 nights so I booked it. Have you stayed at RPC yet? I can't remember. There's an elevator you can take that leads you down to outside by Gaspy's, and we used that one whenever we were going to pool or workout room. It's pretty convenient! Not quite like SL-convenient, but close. Good luck!

@dansdad , thank you for your input! :flower1:

@mrsap , your husband certainly has a great point, but... I'm rooting for you to be able to change his mind to RPC anyway :rotfl:. We're looking at a Jan/Feb 2020 trip (already have a Feb 2019 trip coming up, but a large group so we'll be at OKW), so while I'm hoping for warm weather (cabana day!), I'm not sure we could 100% count on pool weather! We are concerned that WDW may be bananas in spring 2020 due to Star Wars opening at HS, and also that they may not be offering such great spring discounts if the Star Wars opening is filling rooms. So this all could change, but I just can't seem to stop planning future CL stays! :lovestruc

Thank you!!! He seems pretty content in his decision, but I’ll see what I can do!!

We have a large group with us this coming November trip too! 18 people!! I talked Disney up a little too much lol It will be our first time doing with such a big group, so it will be interesting!!!

Good luck deciding on which GF CL!! Either way, you really can’t go wrong with GF! We have 2 trips planned for GF next year! I love it there!!!!

Some quick OT trip pics...

Kids are 8 and 4 now and we are really lovin' SAB. We grabbed a table here daily with no trouble. Great pool servers, ate lunch here twice. This part of the pool is really great for parents/kids, in my opinion.
View attachment 357233

Frose all day... or so the saying goes. :-)
View attachment 357234

Also as our kids get older, we're digging the option to walk into Epcot at will. Popped in - planned and unplanned - pretty much every day.

Having gone to amusement parks with "sky buckets" most of my childhood, it is so weird to me to see this construction really materializing.
View attachment 357235

Visualizing Gondolas whizzing by here is both troubling and exciting, to me at least. I'll reserve judgement until I see it in operation.
View attachment 357237

The Ratatouille ride is quite visible from the IG walkway at the moment. I'm looking forward to this.
View attachment 357236

We rope dropped IG Sunday morning, first time rope dropping from this entrance. This was 8:53am and they are holding people just ahead. They then let people go at 8:54am. We bee-lined to FEA and were off the ride at 9:18am, then straight to Soarin where we had maybe a 10-15 min wait. By 10:30 we had done FEA, Soarin, Figment, and Nemo with no FPs and no plan - just winged it. We were happy campers.
View attachment 357238
I love seeing you pictures. It gives a perspective words just can't show.

Also, the umbrella fabric is the same as the awning over my back deck. :D

Mike

Question for whoever has been at a CL resort in the past few months! Last we were there, they were transitioning all the other resorts to those pump soap dispensers, and when I checked at the Atrium Club and the Regatta club last we were at those they had told us that the Club Level rooms would not be getting dispensers like that and most likely the deluxe resorts in general. Is this still holding true? We are staying at WLOFC & GFRPC this time around and not until December.

TIA!

As of last weekend, we still had small bottles at the Atrium Club. Same at BC CL over the summer. It seems like the CL rooms haven't transitioned yet. I'm hoping it never happens- I love bringing extras home to have a little bit of Disney in my gym bag!! :)

@IceQueen182 Thanks for the report! So excited for our stay there in 3 weeks! :cloud9:

I appreciate your detailed review! It came at a very opportune time for us as we will be staying at the CR Atrium Club in a TPV room in exactly two weeks! :flower1: We haven’t stayed there in several years - we tend to stay at DVC properties since we became members - but wanted to do it this time as a special treat for two nights. Your review only makes me more excited to get there!

Hope you both have a wonderful time at the Atrium Club!! It's absolutely wonderful! Let us all know how you like it. :flower1:

Your kids are younger than mine so this might not work for you, but next month we're trying something different (for us). I have 2 nights at GF in a LV room (not CL) and then we'll walk over to RPC for the next 2 nights (should be an easy split!). First and foremost, I couldn't get RPC for all 4 nights, so then I had to start weighing options. It finally popped up for our final 2 nights so I booked it. Have you stayed at RPC yet? I can't remember. There's an elevator you can take that leads you down to outside by Gaspy's, and we used that one whenever we were going to pool or workout room. It's pretty convenient! Not quite like SL-convenient, but close. Good luck!

I met you in RPC in November!! Remember you were walking out and we were just coming in? It was your last day! We enjoyed both SL and RPC, but would choose RPC hands down!! That’s great you were able to get RPC for your last 2 nights!! So exciting!
I personally don’t mind the walking - but it is my DH’s choice since I got to pick for my 40th last year!! I just keep giving him subtle reminders of how much we loved RPC!!! He just says the convenience wins for him.

@GADisneyDad14 just saw all your pics and your recent review (thank you!). Sounds like you're seeing what we always saw in the Epcot resort area!! We used to pop in to Epcot all the time too, and it's amazing what you can do and see there without any plans. That aquarium after the Nemo ride was something we did at night a lot. And, yes, I agree that sandy-bottom pool is so perfect for the kids. When mine were babies/toddlers, we used to sit in the sand with them, but as they got older, we could venture to a chair while they played, then eventually a table too. Some days we were lucky to even make it to a park!

I used to say the same thing about the BC lounge - even though there wasn't a lounge view, it was so cozy and comfortable that I didn't/don't care that much.

Thanks for posting!

I met you in RPC in November!! Remember you were walking out and we were just coming in? It was your last day! We enjoyed both SL and RPC, but would choose RPC hands down!! That’s great you were able to get RPC for your last 2 nights!! So exciting!
I personally don’t mind the walking - but it is my DH’s choice since I got to pick for my 40th last year!! I just keep giving him subtle reminders of how much we loved RPC!!! He just says the convenience wins for him.

Lol, no coffee yet today - I should've worded that differently! I did remember meeting you but I was thinking you were staying in a suite outside building with CL privileges, so I wasn't sure if you actually stayed inside RPC. Sorry, lol! Well I hope you maybe get him to at least split the trip! I think we're both going over Thanksgiving, right? But you're at WL? We have such a short trip that it's sort of not settling in with me. With my girls getting older, it's VERY hard to get away other than holidays!

Continuing taking full advantage of my kid's different school system / different fall break schedules, spent the long Columbus Day weekend down at Disney with a split AKL CL / YC CL stay. The trip was short and I didn't take many pics, but here's a brief report.

The first two nights were at AKL, which I have to say we have a growing fondness for. This was trip #2 here for us, after a Spring Break stay earlier this year. While no resort/CL is perfect, we really like AKL and AKL CL. The resort is so unique, peaceful, and relaxing. The kids activities are great. The lounge is large and offerings are abundant. Personally I rank it #1 for food variety/quality of the places we've stayed recently.

Thanks for another great review and all the pics! I always look forward to reading about your trips. AKL CL is definitely on my list to try. Hoping there's a good BB offer when I'm there in a week and a half ;).

So then it was over to YC CL for the weekend. I have far more experiance at the MK resorts but have been trying to branch out to the Epcot resorts this year. This was visit #2 to YC CL after a one nighter over the summer. We really enjoy everything the YC and YC CL has to offer as well.

Glad you had another great stay at YC CL. Thanks for your thorough review, also love all the pics :).

Love the candy in the lounge at all hours, that’s right up my alley!

::yes::

Desserts were ABUNDANT.

The red velvet cupcakes look soooo good! :P

Im slightly disappointed- didn’t see any chicken nuggets in any of your pictures! :confused3 Lounge can’t be that good :laughing:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I wanted to report back with some thoughts and pictures from my weekend at the Contemporary Atrium Club last weekend. The Contemporary has never held a ton of appeal for me theming-wise and so we have stayed elsewhere. I thought I'd try it since the focus of our trip was MNSSHP and EMM at MK, making the walking path to MK key. Well, I absolutely loved the Contemporary and the Atrium Club!!! I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed CR CL. The CR has never appealed to me either, but it is a CL I want to try after reading positive things about it (your review included ;)).

We're heading back to the Poly CL next month for our annual post-Thanksgiving trip, but I will definitely put the Contemporary on my list for future stays.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving trip at the Poly :wizard:.

:rolleyes1..........so all this recent talk of YC and our trip coming up soon the pressure has gotten to me, I had to do it and I would have like to do maybe 4 but only thing available to connect to our current dates at GF SL was 2 nights but I had to.......book them!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on adding on to your trip! Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

Just finished booking me and my husbands 20th anniversary trip with our first Club Level stay! We are doing a triple split stay over 10 days and finishing with 5 days at AKL Club level. So excited! We'll be there January 8-12

Sounds like a great trip! Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

We have arrived at WL & we’re able to add CL access for the trip! Can’t wait to explore, but first some champagne in the lounge :love:

Congrats on adding CL! Have a great time! :goodvibes

We stayed at BWI CL last weekend, in garden cottage 1201. Loved the room, wasn’t crazy about the hotel layout (too hard to get from room to parks and back). Getting to the lounge wasn’t as bad as we had feared, and even the “long” walk from the elevator was no worse than an end-of-hall room to elevator walk we’ve had other places. Lousy bus service, and the extended walk to HS was brutal in the heat.

Overall, the stay was fine but I found I missed BC/YC, our usual haunt. We’d stay again if the rate was good and BC/YC was full, but it wouldn’t be my first choice. We’re trying WL CL in December, so it’ll be interesting to see how they stack up, and if I miss being around the lake. It should be nice with the holiday decorations up, so really looking forward to that.

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry BWI CL wasn't the best experience, but glad you had a nice stay overall. Hope you have a great time at WL CL in December :santa:.

@IceQueen182 Thanks for the report! So excited for our stay there in 3 weeks! :cloud9:

Have a great trip :wizard:.

We just returned from staying at GF RPC and also stayed a few nights in a theme park view room. The dispensers were not there. I like having my own products to use, so I hope this trend at the deluxe resorts will hold true.

Me too....I don't care for the dispensers :sad2:.

The plan is to install these in all resort rooms. Yes, even DVC and Club Level.

:(

If they go through with the plan? It's a total ick from me. I'm not vacationing at a gym.

I agree!

1. 6 nights at Sugarloaf
-OR-
2. 5 nights at RPC
?

Another vote for RPC! :cloud9:

Funny because my DH prefers SL for one reason - convenience. He says when we’re at the pool, it was wonderful to be able to run in and grab drinks and snacks for the kids. I get it. But the atmosphere of RPC wins for me - it’s totally worth the walk.

I agree, the atmosphere of RPC wins over convenience of SL ;).

I'd also choose RPC without question. My main reason is atmosphere. I could sit in the RPC lounge for long periods of time enjoying every second. However, when we stayed at SL, we were pretty much in and out. Some people like/prefer in and out, so SL works great for them. We are more resort-oriented, so we tend to linger. Therefore, atmosphere is key for us. Good luck!!

I agree, it's hard to beat the RPC atmosphere :cloud9:.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Lol, no coffee yet today - I should've worded that differently! I did remember meeting you but I was thinking you were staying in a suite outside building with CL privileges, so I wasn't sure if you actually stayed inside RPC. Sorry, lol! Well I hope you maybe get him to at least split the trip! I think we're both going over Thanksgiving, right? But you're at WL? We have such a short trip that it's sort of not settling in with me. With my girls getting older, it's VERY hard to get away other than holidays!

You are correct! I thought you were asking if I was ever at RPC! LOL LOL Yes! We’ll be there over Thanksgiving at WL (CCV)! It might be short, but at least you’ll be there!!! Hope you have a great trip!

You are correct! I thought you were asking if I was ever at RPC! LOL LOL Yes! We’ll be there over Thanksgiving at WL (CCV)! It might be short, but at least you’ll be there!!! Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks, you too! Maybe I'll see you in the parks!

After a long long absence it was AWESOME to pop in and see @GADisneyDad14 post a YC CL review. It is my next stop in January with the Disney Visa 35% off YAY

My most recent stay at Poly TPV CL was AMAZEBALLS, I feel like I found my new home resort. Just WOW. I will forever love the Grand, and BWI CL is definitely my front runner as well....Poly BLEW ME AWAY!! The Honeymoon room was available for January, but even with the discount (tiny discount) it was nearly twice the price. Happy planning friends!

Oh no! That’s terrible. I wish they had different sizes so you could have some too! :flower1:
I agree they should offer other sizes to accommodate different people. Any hotel/resort/cruise line that I have been to that offers robes/slippers never have Pooh size available. My husband usually can't use the robe or slippers. I usually can use the robe (sometimes barely) and the slippers. One size fits most not all. What if you are small? You would be swimming in the robe and slippers and couldn't use them either. I understand that would be a lot of robes and slippers to have on hand but it is doable. You would put the standard size in the room then let people know other sizes are available by request. We have asked before but the answer has always been no. So robes and slippers in a room is not an amenity for my family. We always bring our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter