• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Since we will be staying during a Crowd Level 10 week (new years), this is my typical, daily strategy using the paid CL FP's.
  • Rope drop an EMH park and spend a few hours there and not use any fast passes. Standby wait times should be shorter during the mornings. Also, spend time doing non-FP activities.
  • In the afternoon, go back to the hotel, take advantage of the CL lounge, take a nap, enjoy the resort, and/or visit Disney Springs.
  • In the late afternoon, go to a non-EMH park and use 3 FP's back to back. For example, reserve 3pm, 4pm, and 5pm FP's, but use them at 4:05pm, 4:30pm, and 4:55pm.
  • Have dinner in the park and do non-FP related activities. (e.g. 5:15pm-6:45pm)
  • Then use the next 3 FP's back-to-back. For example, reserve 6pm, 7pm, and 8pm FP's, but use them at 7:05pm, 7:30pm, 7:55pm.
  • Watch fireworks and/or go home to the resort.
I'm a FP+ newbie, but that's the strategy I've planned. I am making the assumption that I won't be able to get any good FP's after the initial 3 FP's, hence that's why I'm using all of the FP's during the evening. Any feedback?
It sounds like a good plan to me, but I haven't been to WDW since July 2018, and we only go to the parks in the morning. I'm having trouble figuring out how to get in 6 FP's in 4 hours.

Looking for some advice folks. Bit of a dilemma. Looking to add 5 nights CL at the end of our stay in 2020. Narrowed it down to either Poly or WL. Stayed at WL multiple times including a few times CL. Love WL and the CL itself but really dislike the enclosed balcony that comes with it. Also, WL rooms are now very dated.

Never stayed at Poly before. Swaying toward that but have a few concerns based on recent reviews. Does the resort really get busy during the day ? The reference to ‘pool hoppers’ worries me. I understand we will be staying in Hawaii which means a one in three chance of no balcony/patio which would really annoy me. What condition are the Hawaii rooms in ??

Only other thought that occurred to me was the deluxe room at WL with the open balcony. Even then, its a bit of a hike to the club lounge and again, WL rooms are very tired looking.

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated

CHEERS

When in 2020, if you mind me asking? Both Poly and WL resort-side rooms are on the back end of their useful life. That doesn't mean they are bad... it just means if you're really picky you might notice things... some dents/dings. Styling is not as fresh as the more recent Disney resort renovations.

Poly has done a few test rooms in another longhouse and room renovations are presumably happening at some point... sometime soon. I have not followed WL news closely, but it has to be on the list at some point as well, I assume. Of course timing for either is totally TBD AFAIK.

I find it interesting to read differing opinions on Poly. I love the Poly vibe, especially when staying CL. You get the fun/energetic lobby...the monorail... people coming and going. Countered with the (mostly) peaceful Hawaii longhouse experience. It's just such a lovely mix that suits us well.

You see people talk about how the Poly lobby is chaotic. I was just at YC/BC for the weekend... I find the BC lobby loud/chaotic, but no one ever really says anything bad about it. So I guess I just don't get it! Lol.

The Lava Pool can get crowded. But there are times when it can be the most incredible place to be. Mid day/afternoon... eh... maybe not so much. As you get into the evening hours and people head off to dinner... it's great. First thing in the AM is great. I do wish Disney would be more governing with people reserving chairs and such - that's been one of my bigger gripes over time there.

I used to really fret about the no balcony thing at Poly. I've had way more balcony/patio rooms than not. But once I finally did get a few... I survived. We found other ways to get our view time... the lounge... the nice chairs on the beach... etc. Still not my first choice, but I let places like the DIS get to me too much before actually experiencing it for myself.

I love WL CL. I love Poly CL. Both very different resort/CL experiences. We usually pick resort/purpose of the trip first, CL second - so often let that be our guide.

As for the WL Deluxe Room... not my favorite room location relative to the lounge - didn't really suit our style. It's a decent trek. And those balconies aren't exactly my favorite either, in my opinion.

One idea - WL has the CL "add-on" option for a regular resort reservation. $99/day for your stay and you get access to the lounge, etc. You don't get the pre-arrival CL benefits and it is subject to availability (no one has ever reported it not being available).... but that's a possible way to manage around the enclosed balcony topic.

Sorry... very TLDR!

There are restrooms at both pools. The Lava Pool has a set of restrooms over by the marina building and another set with showers underneath the volcano slide. The Oasis Pool has a set of restrooms.

We've either just changed in one of the pool restrooms (we find the one under the volcano quite wet/damp/gross).... or changed in the Poly CL lounge restroom, which is on the third floor - it's a nice size for changing and usually very clean. I guess by admitting that I'm going to offend someone who thinks that bathroom isn't for changing clothes... but we have done it and it works for us.
You changed clothes in the BATHROOM?!!! Stop. The. Presses.

:D

When in 2020, if you mind me asking? Both Poly and WL resort-side rooms are on the back end of their useful life. That doesn't mean they are bad... it just means if you're really picky you might notice things... some dents/dings. Styling is not as fresh as the more recent Disney resort renovations.

Poly has done a few test rooms in another longhouse and room renovations are presumably happening at some point... sometime soon. I have not followed WL news closely, but it has to be on the list at some point as well, I assume. Of course timing for either is totally TBD AFAIK.

I find it interesting to read differing opinions on Poly. I love the Poly vibe, especially when staying CL. You get the fun/energetic lobby...the monorail... people coming and going. Countered with the (mostly) peaceful Hawaii longhouse experience. It's just such a lovely mix that suits us well.

You see people talk about how the Poly lobby is chaotic. I was just at YC/BC for the weekend... I find the BC lobby loud/chaotic, but no one ever really says anything bad about it. So I guess I just don't get it! Lol.

The Lava Pool can get crowded. But there are times when it can be the most incredible place to be. Mid day/afternoon... eh... maybe not so much. As you get into the evening hours and people head off to dinner... it's great. First thing in the AM is great. I do wish Disney would be more governing with people reserving chairs and such - that's been one of my bigger gripes over time there.

I used to really fret about the no balcony thing at Poly. I've had way more balcony/patio rooms than not. But once I finally did get a few... I survived. We found other ways to get our view time... the lounge... the nice chairs on the beach... etc. Still not my first choice, but I let places like the DIS get to me too much before actually experiencing it for myself.

I love WL CL. I love Poly CL. Both very different resort/CL experiences. We usually pick resort/purpose of the trip first, CL second - so often let that be our guide.

As for the WL Deluxe Room... not my favorite room location relative to the lounge - didn't really suit our style. It's a decent trek. And those balconies aren't exactly my favorite either, in my opinion.

One idea - WL has the CL "add-on" option for a regular resort reservation. $99/day for your stay and you get access to the lounge, etc. You don't get the pre-arrival CL benefits and it is subject to availability (no one has ever reported it not being available).... but that's a possible way to manage around the enclosed balcony topic.

Sorry... very TLDR!
Great point about both Poly and WL. Just adding WL has some test rooms floating around as well. I saw different carpet in place on the first floor tucked away in the corner when I was cutting through from the boat dock and it looks like a club level honeymoon suite was also remodeled.

new-room-honeymoon-suite-wilderness-lodge-disney-world-2057.jpgnew-room-honeymoon-suite-wilderness-lodge-disney-world-2058.jpg

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/wilderness-lodge-update-new-rooms-merchandise-photos/

Great point about both Poly and WL. Just adding WL has some test rooms floating around as well. I saw different carpet in place on the first floor tucked away in the corner when I was cutting through from the boat dock and it looks like a club level honeymoon suite was also remodeled.

View attachment 444085View attachment 444086

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/wilderness-lodge-update-new-rooms-merchandise-photos/
It desperately needs a remodel but c’mon. That’s straight up depressing. Values shouldn’t have more character than a deluxe, even new “moderate” Gran Destino rooms have more pop than that!

(Lol, no pun intended with “character” quip. But I wouldn’t mind some Chip & Dale brought back in! :D )

It desperately needs a remodel but c’mon. That’s straight up depressing. Values shouldn’t have more character than a deluxe, even new “moderate” Gran Destino rooms have more pop than that!

(Lol, no pun intended with “character” quip. But I wouldn’t mind some Chip & Dale brought back in! :D )
Yeah, those special touches are definitely nice! There are some other reports circulating about the rooms. The most I have seen is the Paul Bunyan artwork and then a Bambi silhouette with Owl above the mini refrigerator area.

Yeah, those special touches are definitely nice! There are some other reports circulating about the rooms. The most I have seen is the Paul Bunyan artwork and then a Bambi silhouette with Owl above the mini refrigerator area.
Aww! Ok, well that’s better!!

Do we have a rumored start date to the WL remodel yet? I don’t recall seeing anything on the rumor board yet...

Didn’t like:
-big gap under doors to hallways, I stuffed a towel in it each night

Obviously a bit late to the party with this, but was there a big gap after the door shuts? My understanding (from watching a Tracker vid) was there's a barrier in the door that drops down as it shuts, so although it might have seemed large, it should've still been sealed. Unless it was a noise issue?

I'm right there with you on the BC lobby. That's the only resort that I've ever checked into, made it to my room then went right back down to the lobby to see if they could move me to the Poly (which they did). I've stayed at Values, Mods and Deluxes and I thought the BC lobby was the noisiest one with a ton of kids running around.

I agree. I think Poly has the best overall resort theming, very relaxing, and I like a busy lobby. You see the same thing at GF Main lobby. Can be very hectic, but probably my favorite lobby. (I love lobbies and I will hang out in a chair in any Disney one). CR is probably my least favorite lobby, but I like the activity of the building overall, with the monorail, cafe, gift shops, CG etc.

Nothing to watch in a lobby if it's totally quiet. A waste, really.

I'm right there with you on the BC lobby. That's the only resort that I've ever checked into, made it to my room then went right back down to the lobby to see if they could move me to the Poly (which they did). I've stayed at Values, Mods and Deluxes and I thought the BC lobby was the noisiest one with a ton of kids running around.
Even with Disney being kid-centered, I thought that BC was the noisiest resort overall, kid-wise. We stayed there many times when my kids were younger and made good use of the pool. Now that we're all older, we choose other resorts.

I agree! I find the BC lobby more chaotic than the Poly lobby. Both have a lot of people coming and going, but the BC (to me) seems to be louder and more hectic :(.

I’m not sure when it changed as I was still expecting the $99 rate and hadn’t heard it went up so I wanted to update our group with the change! I wasn’t going to quibble over $31 per night so I didn’t ask when it went up!

I hadn't heard of the increase, either. Thanks for the update ;).

Re: WL reno. It was on the list, with a start date. And that got canceled. It was over a year ago. Not a peep about them starting up again thus far. It's desperately needed. One of our rooms on the 1st floor was really worn and smelled of mold and mildew. Bad. I normally can take most of anything, worn and such is no big deal but odors get to me. It was a single night stay or I'd have to have been moved.

Our solution when we don't have a balcony at Poly is to open the slider door and pull chairs from the room right up to the opening. Pretty much the same as a balcony and on one trip when it poured we got the best of both worlds, open door, no rain.

It is my understanding that with a CL reservation, you are granted access to the lounge prior to your room being ready (early flight!) but what about on check out day? I can't seem to find anything definitive on the time in which the lounge is accessible to you on your check out day. I have a 10:30 pm flight on check out day and was hoping I would be able to relax after the park/before ME pick up. Thanks!

WDW CL = CL access until lounge closes on day of check out. You can continue to access all resort amenities (pool, arcade), DDP credits, and other resort perks (like parking, EMH) all day.

Worth noting, the Universal CL's also start early AM of arrival day, but only allow CL lounge access until about 1pm on check out day. Other Universal resort perks go through midnight (parking at hotel, and park perks).

Also worth noting, the above policies differ across other hotel brands with CL's.

Obviously a bit late to the party with this, but was there a big gap after the door shuts? My understanding (from watching a Tracker vid) was there's a barrier in the door that drops down as it shuts, so although it might have seemed large, it should've still been sealed. Unless it was a noise issue?
I don't recall anything dropping down but honestly I didn't pay much attention. For me it was a noise issue, despite the carpeted hallways. Maybe I had loud neighbors? The towel took care of the job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter