Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I feel the same. A standard dvc room doesn't do it. Even.a 1 bedroom doesn't work. I would rather a standard hotel room with 2 queen beds. My kids hate the pull outs. They want a regular bed. Hope it works out for you.
I would love a 1 BR so I could have my own room, but my kids hate the pull outs and want a bed. I'd love the W/D too!

Just to follow up on what others said, our AKL CL was shifted to a BWV 1Bedroom. Cost difference the 1BR was more based on rack rate by about $20 a night. When the 40% off AP came out we cancelled that and booked a Riviera studio, which has the ability to split the kids into their own beds, and it's half the price.

So if no CL is available I have to outright cancel and rebook a standard room there? Will I keep my sun and fun discount at least? I’m not interested in paying the same price for a Dvc room with no food. That feels like a ripoff to me. Having a kitchen and washing machine don’t do it for me at WDW lol. I don’t want to be reminded of cooking or washing clothes on vacation!
Concur with all this. Complete rip-off they insist on keeping your money & forcing an upgrade. You can’t eat a couch!

Unfortunately they haven’t refunded anyone in these situations for the loss of CL. Best part? People who booked standard rooms at your hotel are getting, and have been, offered the same upgrade.

Personally I would price out a new reservation (rack rate *gulp* but until cases slow down in FL I don’t see a general public offer coming) and then decide if you want to keep your trip/keep your trip onsite. (Hotels that were in the FP program have park reservation privileges FYI.)

Last edited:
So my plan was to just show up for my stay at CR CL theme park view and appear surprised when there is no CL....after all, it's not like they contacted us to say it wasn't happening, right? It still lists it as CL in MDE. After doing some calculations, if they were to offer me an upgrade to a 2 bedroom, I would accept it......I would actually love a bigger room with W/D and full kitchen....nope I won't be cooking and my hubby does the laundry, LOL. I just like having "space" and then the adult kids can sleep in and I can relax in the Living room.
Now I'm thinking of calling around August 15th (2 weeks before my arrival) and asking about CL, and if not available I think I will ask to keep my 35% and transfer my reservation to the 2 bedroom. What do you all think?

So my plan was to just show up for my stay at CR CL theme park view and appear surprised when there is no CL....after all, it's not like they contacted us to say it wasn't happening, right?
First you might consider the reports of issues with Elevator delays in the evenings at the CR Tower due to social distancing requirements of only allowing 1 group per elevator trip.

Link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...estions-thread.3248210/page-344#post-62137517

Dave

So my plan was to just show up for my stay at CR CL theme park view and appear surprised when there is no CL....after all, it's not like they contacted us to say it wasn't happening, right? It still lists it as CL in MDE. After doing some calculations, if they were to offer me an upgrade to a 2 bedroom, I would accept it......I would actually love a bigger room with W/D and full kitchen....nope I won't be cooking and my hubby does the laundry, LOL. I just like having "space" and then the adult kids can sleep in and I can relax in the Living room.
Now I'm thinking of calling around August 15th (2 weeks before my arrival) and asking about CL, and if not available I think I will ask to keep my 35% and transfer my reservation to the 2 bedroom. What do you all think?
You can ask, nothing stopping you. I would just have the backup ready to go for if they say no.

I think that Disney requires planning in order for expectations to be met. You could wait until the last minute but be prepared to cancel your trip if there aren't any acceptable options for you.

I think that Disney requires planning in order for expectations to be met. You could wait until the last minute but be prepared to cancel your trip if there aren't any acceptable options for you.
We are actually fine either way....no plan on cancelling....if I call and CL isn't open I'll ask about keeping the 35% off and moving to a 2 bedroom but.....
First you might consider the reports of issues with Elevator delays in the evenings at the CR Tower due to social distancing requirements of only allowing 1 group per elevator trip.

Link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...estions-thread.3248210/page-344#post-62137517

I will keep my eye on this!!

If the answer to a 2 bedroom with the 35% off is a no, we will just deal with whatever upon arrival I guess. Thanks for the input!

We are actually fine either way....no plan on cancelling....if I call and CL isn't open I'll ask about keeping the 35% off and moving to a 2 bedroom but.....

If the answer to a 2 bedroom with the 35% off is a no, we will just deal with whatever upon arrival I guess. Thanks for the input!

My poly cl with Sun Fun discount they offered a 2 br lake view at BLT for the price I paid. It was a decent savings for that room.

For my GF cl room also with sun fun discount she was able to reduce what I paid and moved us to a 1 br lake view. That room was at a good discount too.

Since there is most likely NOT going to be cl in August you should call now to see what your options are before people book up the rooms.

I doubt that you will be offered a 2 bedroom to replace your existing CL TPV at the CR. Most of the guests that got those types of moves were from closed resorts.

The CR is now fully open but no CL service is currently being offered at this or any resort. If CL is not available for your trip, expect to get the same CL TPV room with no CL service and a price reduction.

I still think CL Service will make a return but not sure if it will be in time for your scheduled trip.

Dave

We are DVC owners and actually enjoy the full kitchen and use of a washer and dryer when on vacation.

We normally eat our breakfast in our villa and having the full kitchen makes this very easy, even when we had a group of 12 family members. On resort days we will often fix an easy lunch and maybe a nice cheese and meat tray in the late afternoon. I seldom cook dinners as this is a vacation after all but sometimes other family members will do a dinner in the villa. With toddlers along, it is easy to keep food in the refrigerator for them so they are not fussy during sit down dinners at our favorite restaurants.

I loathe going home with a suitcase of dirty laundry! With a washer and dryer in the villa, I can put in a load of laundry at my leisure and have all clean clothes to put away when we return home.

We own at BCV but we often get the 3 bedroom villa at OKW for the maximum amount of room. We also enjoy snagging a Club Level villa at AKL Jambo when they pop up.

We have a Club stay this Sept and I am really hanging on to hope that they open back up. If they do not open Club, offering me a 1 bedroom villa in another DVC resort gives me nothing for the amount of points I spent for Club Level. It is going to be interesting.

IMO, you have nothing to worry about. If you are staying at a Deluxe Resort that is open at the time of your travel, I would find it highly unlikely that if CL services are not being offered that you would not just simply be refunded the difference between your original CL room and the new non CL room rate, accounting for any applicable discounts.
Well, I think I figured out how they are manaing this. They increased the base rates for Columbus Day weekend so my CLub Level rate is about the same as the new standard rate. Now when they call to cancel my Club Level, there won't be any differential to refund me. I'll be back to cancel or pay Club Level for a regular room. Pretty clever solution really.

Well, I think I figured out how they are manaing this. They increased the base rates for Columbus Day weekend so my CLub Level rate is about the same as the new standard rate. Now when they call to cancel my Club Level, there won't be any differential to refund me. I'll be back to cancel or pay Club Level for a regular room. Pretty clever solution really.
Yes, that's exactly what they've done. In fact, they did that for many rooms that those of us with July/August reservations had as well, however, they did come out with the 40% AP discount that altered that a bit. For example, I got moved to a 1 bdrm dvc room. The price of that room had I booked it originally was about $150 cheaper per night than the nightly cost that was used to calculate my refund (now higher per night just as you're seeing) for downgrading to that room from original CL room. I still can't figure out why they'd want to upset the CL demographic of guests. We all know CL is very profitable for Disney, why not keep those guests happy?

We all know CL is very profitable for Disney, why not keep those guests happy?

Coz they think we’re all hooked & will keep coming no matter what. I lost a trip in February & July already. I fully expect our September trip will need to be cancelled too. Unless serious discounts return, our CL stays will be very limited going forward. I moved our July trip to late April. YC CL is not worth the $1000 a night rate I booked at. I love YC CL, but that is insane.

Last edited:
So i’m confused!! This is still the WDW we all love isn’t it? I mean in my 25 years of going they have always made it right with any problem i have brought to their attention. I am now due to check in to YC on 8/24 and so far have had no contact about them not be able to honor my CL reservation. What if i wasn’t on the DIS and had no idea CL wasn’t being offered. How could they possibly have me check in to my resort expecting CL and not deliver what I paid for!? They would have to refund me the costs of CL room at the very least correct? How would I even know to cancel in advance if i wasn’t informed?

and they had ample time to give me a heads up! i called on 6/22 when the resorts opening up was posted and after my 2.5 hrs on hold the CM let me change my reservation from check in on 8/23 to check in on 8/24 when YC opened up. The CM told me she was not sure if CL was going to be offered but if it wasn’t they would credit me the difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter