Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Tower theme park view or club-level lake view at Contemporary? Club level is about $175/night more.

Tower theme park view or club-level lake view at Contemporary? Club level is about $175/night more.
Will you use the cl amenities? Breakfast, appetizers, drinks, desserts, etc? That’s where the value is, if you’re not gonna use the food amenities there is little value to cl. Personally I love it for easy breakfast in the morning and drinks & appetizers before dinner.

CL is one of those things I use more qualitative justifications for, but it really does change the trip… Relaxing atmosphere compared to the rest of Disney, so easy to grab water, coffee, etc. Snacks whenever and a drink or two at night. I’d always recommend the CL option.

Ridiculous photographic decision aside I think it’s inspired from DLR… Steakhouse 55 was known for its 24 layer chocolate cake. Disneyland destroyed chocolate lovers across CA when they axed the menu item. What I’m seeing here is a pale imitation of that for suckers who don’t know that Disney is completely capable of making that desert twice as better.

Obviously I’m not still bitter about the loss of that awesomeness :rolleyes1

Good call on that. I just googled it and they look very similar!

Will you use the cl amenities? Breakfast, appetizers, drinks, desserts, etc? That’s where the value is, if you’re not gonna use the food amenities there is little value to cl. Personally I love it for easy breakfast in the morning and drinks & appetizers before dinner.

We used it a lot at YC-CL and was definitely worth it there, but CR is so much more convenient in general, I wonder if apart from breakfast, we’d use it that much.

Interesting as TPV used to be similar in price to CL Std view (lake side). If you are going to use it, I think CL is worth it. If you are at the parks all day there is less value. We always take an evening break so for us, CL is worth it. If we want to make a lot of dinner ADRs, we don't do CL.

Def, IMO. Lake View w CL is great because you get the beautiful Bay Lake view from your room and have the lounge for your TPV fix.

Let’s face it, TPV rooms are super cool and nothing beats looking out over the Seven Seas Lagoon and towards MK. BUT, there are downsides. There’s a lot of parking lot in the view, buses are noisy all day/night. If it’s warm weather months, you can really cook on a TPV balcony on a no cloud afternoon/evening.

I have problems actually following my advice above and usually do end up booking TPV for whatever reason (full disclosure) - but that aside I think there’s a great case to be made for Lake View CL.

Not sure your travel party size, but all this no CL stuff has opened my eyes as to how much more we have been spending on food and drinks on our trips. For us it’s probably not $175 worth, but it may not be all that far off.

Guys, NY is supposed to get hit with a tropical storm tonight with the worst being tomorrow afternoon. I have an 83p flight tomorrow out of Newark 🙄 tried switching to today, even looked at JFK, nothing available. Between my husband being in Spain and now this, I feel like this trip is doomed. To top it off, I ordered a shirt for Boo Bash, it came today and is so tiny. It would probably fit a 10 yo girl, not a 50 something chub like myself😳😆

Edited to add I even checked tampa.

I think you are right. Much less guest contact at the food station with CL, so seems logical to assume no reason for modification here either.
They might go with extra monitoring and frequent changes of utensils.
I'm curious about how they will choose to handle wine and cordials.
I generally trust CL's to deliver a very nice overall experience. So we'll see what they decide.

Def, IMO. Lake View w CL is great because you get the beautiful Bay Lake view from your room and have the lounge for your TPV fix.

Let’s face it, TPV rooms are super cool and nothing beats looking out over the Seven Seas Lagoon and towards MK. BUT, there are downsides. There’s a lot of parking lot in the view, buses are noisy all day/night. If it’s warm weather months, you can really cook on a TPV balcony on a no cloud afternoon/evening.

I have problems actually following my advice above and usually do end up booking TPV for whatever reason (full disclosure) - but that aside I think there’s a great case to be made for Lake View CL.

Not sure your travel party size, but all this no CL stuff has opened my eyes as to how much more we have been spending on food and drinks on our trips. For us it’s probably not $175 worth, but it may not be all that far off.
Yes, you make really good points. Thanks for the note about the bus noise. That definitely gives me pause. I could deal with the parking lot view, but not the noise early & late. I guess I super skiddish right now bc we don’t know what CL is going to be like post-COVID. I’m afraid of bottled beverages and pre-packed beef fast bars, etc.

p.s. we’re a party of three

If you will use the ammenities I would say CL hands down, all the way. I stayed TPV at CR just this christmas, and while it was nice I would have enjoyed having CL a lot more than the view (and the view of the lake is really nice too, so relaxing). I especially love having CL when I'm with the kids because it's much easier for breakfasts and snacks when we pop back to the resort midday, while I haven't done CR CL I have done GF CL 3 times and it's amazing to just jump back from MK quickly for a break, or have that evening appetizer before jumping back to the park at night for fireworks or a party/event.

Has anyone heard if they remodeled the CL lounge at CR? I assume they did, but haven’t heard anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter