Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just wanted to point out that not everyone that completes Online Check In is going to be able to get their room number texted to them and Bypass The Front Desk. That's is the eventual goal, but as of now a majority of people completing Online Check In still have to stop by the Front Desk/CL Desk before getting their room number and into their room.

Yes, great point dansdad :). Very true. I believe the poster was asking about GF CL specifically, so I was only referring to that specific resort. And you are right, anything can happen to it's good to be prepared either way.

To the poster who asked, just to elaborate my recent experience a bit more -- when you receive your email from GF IPO, there should be a letter which contains a texting number. That is the number I used to establish texting connection while in Epcot. I texted them our names and approximate arrival time. They replied immediately asking if I'd like a room-ready text, ADR reminders, FP reminders, etc. Otherwise, if I hadn't established this texting connection, who knows, I may have had to just go to GF and check in like normal! But I did do the online check in just so I could have a chance at receiving my room number :thumbsup2.

Not all CL's offer this service, but GF is indeed one of them (for now, anyway!). Check your email (mine had an attached letter) to see if they list a texting number. If so, use it to your advantage. We LOVE this service!

Just wanted to point out that not everyone that completes Online Check In is going to be able to get their room number texted to them and Bypass The Front Desk. That's is the eventual goal, but as of now a majority of people completing Online Check In still have to stop by the Front Desk/CL Desk before getting their room number and into their room.
We are staying in the outer building. Sugarloaf. Thanks for all the info! So I want to ask for no ground floor and not the top floor with dormer rooms? I want to be able to sit and have no wall.

Hi - been lurking on this board for awhile. We were originally booked for WL, as we stayed there CL last year and loved it. We decided not to do it this year based on the info about the construction and the temporary relocation of the lounge, etc. We have just changed our resort to BWI. I was wondering if anyone who has stayed CL at both resorts could compare for me. Are they about the same in terms of food offerings/service/etc?

Love the pics, thanks for sharing :goodvibes.

Hi, I will be staying at the GF Sugar Loaf from July 25th - August 2nd 2016

Hope you have a great trip :).

Thanks for all the insight! I really like the thought of walking out and hearing the band. The exclusive nature of CL makes me feel pampered! So many options, I hope I can swing main building. I'm willing to overlook the price difference, but my future hubby wants to take a newlywed trip to Hawaii since this isn't his first choice lol. Maybe a shorter RPC visit... Ahh I love planning! princess:

Good luck with the planning. I hope you are able to stay RPC, even if it is for a short time :wizard:.

Please add us for Poly GV club 7/25 - 7/30. Thanks!

Happy planning. Hope you have a great time ;).

We are heading to GF on the 23rd and will be staying club level. I know there is online check-in but wasn't sure you need to do that when you are club so I emailed them and they said check-in is done through the concierge so no need to do on-line check in. We have never been before and there will be 4 of us. I have seen people don't like dormer rooms and I'm not sure what that means but what do I want to specifically tell them that I don't want? I'm going to send them an e-mail with the hopes that they can honor my requests. So to the ones who have been before, what would yousuggest to request?

Your questions have been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Awesome pics! We had a marina view during our SL stay and I loved it. It was so peaceful to sit on the balcony early in the morning and look out over the marina :cloud9:.

We checked into the GF yesterday. I learned that I should have established the texting connection prior to arrival. It is an opt in scenario where they ask permission to send you texts. We arrived at 10:00 and our room was not available. We ended up going to MK. We received a text after 2:00 that our room was ready. We ended up on the third floor with the east view.

I did take advantage of the FP texting service. It worked flawlessly. It was nice to avoid the huge crowds that we saw at the kiosks in Fantasyland.

We checked into the GF yesterday. I learned that I should have established the texting connection prior to arrival. It is an opt in scenario where they ask permission to send you texts. We arrived at 10:00 and our room was not available. We ended up going to MK. We received a text after 2:00 that our room was ready. We ended up on the third floor with the east view.

I did take advantage of the FP texting service. It worked flawlessly. It was nice to avoid the huge crowds that we saw at the kiosks in Fantasyland.

At point do we have the option to receive texts?

Glad you arrived and hope you have a fantastic trip! We also loved the FP texting service....and our experience was the same as yours regarding establishing the texting connection. Enjoy the Grand!!

At point do we have the option to receive texts?

When you do online check-in, there is a box to check if you'd like to receive room-ready text - may be worded a different way, but there is a spot to put in your text number. This has never worked for me and I had never received the room ready text until 2 weeks ago during my trip! So it's never a sure thing you'll receive one.

We did a split stay, with GF CL being the 2nd part of our split. So after we checked out of our 1st resort, we went to Epcot and I sent a text to GF IPO around noon time to establish the connection. They replied immediately and asked for our approximate time of arrival, if we'd like to receive a room-ready text, if we'd like ADR reminders, etc.

We will be Poly CL 7/10-7/18! Can't wait - it's not our first time at the poly, but it is our first time CL there :)

How exciting! I hope you will report back after your stay as we are trying Poly CL for the first time in September. We've stayed at the Poly in the past and absolutely love the resort, but this will be our first time CL there ;).

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Have a magical time!! (And if its not asking too much, when you return, can you post some pictures?).

Reactions: TJA
Hi everyone! We are ready to leave tomorrow for 3 days at Poly CL! We will be moving over to GF after for 6 days (not CL though...)

I'll be taking some pics and will report back when I can.

I know Poly was not one of the resorts using texting service for additional FP. But today is the start of using MDE to do that ourselves! I'll let you know how that goes! Hopefully great!

Hi - been lurking on this board for awhile. We were originally booked for WL, as we stayed there CL last year and loved it. We decided not to do it this year based on the info about the construction and the temporary relocation of the lounge, etc. We have just changed our resort to BWI. I was wondering if anyone who has stayed CL at both resorts could compare for me. Are they about the same in terms of food offerings/service/etc?
I've stayed at both for short visits. The service is similar, both have very sweet CL CMs. BWI CL CMs are the kindest I've ever met. Offerings for breakfast are a little more plentiful at BWI, but evening I think WL has more hot offerings from what I recall. The rooms at BWI are larger, and the location of BWI was awesome. Enjoy!!

Hi everyone! We are ready to leave tomorrow for 3 days at Poly CL! We will be moving over to GF after for 6 days (not CL though...)

I know Poly was not one of the resorts using texting service for additional FP. But today is the start of using MDE to do that ourselves! I'll let you know how that goes! Hopefully great!
Have fun!

Can't wait to hear about your trip and see all of your pics. Have a great time :wizard:.

I've stayed at both for short visits. The service is similar, both have very sweet CL CMs. BWI CL CMs are the kindest I've ever met. Offerings for breakfast are a little more plentiful at BWI, but evening I think WL has more hot offerings from what I recall. The rooms at BWI are larger, and the location of BWI was awesome. Enjoy!!

I know all CLs have their share of bad reviews, but WL CL and BWI CL are ones that I read more good than bad. Not sure why, but it seems those 2 stick out as the best overall ;).

You're a doll. Again, have a lovely, fun and safe trip!

me be the first to say: As a longtime owner of d that I opened this thread one day and said: Hey…let’s try Club Level. Yes I have read every post on every page because knowledge is key. Thank you TigrLvsPooh...this page makes a difference!

We tried our first stay at the end of Jan at Yacht Club. Wonderful experience. We had room 5195 which although has a King Size bed only and is a corner room (you are looking at your corner neighbor straight on) has a great view of fireworks. It overlooks roof and part of SAB. Food was fantastic in the CL lounge. Service from all the CM’s was great. Friendly, took time to chat, remembered you with likes for beverages, what not. Having someone man the drink service at night was really not a big deal, but it definitely could be intimidating to others. The CM’s would actually bring a second round while we were snacking which was such a nice touch. Room was clean, housekeeping spot on, no issues. W

I welcomed the adventure. We had a glitch with our online check-in. We contacted every possible person to let them know we would like a ground floor or 3rd floor room since we no longer, after 100’s of trips, need to rush off for the parks. I am there to golf and relax. Wouldn’t you know we received the text: 2nd floor. My husband immediately contacted the IPO and asked for a room change. We then received interesting texts. First text they had upgraded us to a theme park room, but then 25 minutes later, we received another text with a different room in the Standard Category. Not a good start. The upgrade was not granted at check-in. We should have tried the door but we are not like

I will sum things up for Poly CL this way:

We did receive a welcome gift and I asked the young woman who delivered it where were the upgraded toiletries. She said you do not receive them in resorts that are not DVC…I was going to mention--yes this is a DVC resort--but chose not to embarrass her. Just the plain old small bottles. Negative check mark for me love, love the nice lotions!

Food: We are aware of cutbacks. If you compare Poly to Yacht club a month ago….OMG what a difference between the 2 resorts.

NO proteins like meat cheese at breakfast to supplement balance of a bagel or croissant. For snacks they served Conch fritters and Spring rolls…not warm/ Chicken Wings and Mushroom Risotto balls/ Bacon wrapped meat and Pierogis …same 3 cheeses every night and same three crudité items. Kids had PBJ crustables and turkey corndogs one night.

Drinks…they are self serve…which was very nice. During the day you could get a drink if you hunted down a CM. One night a young man did monitor the drink area…I just looked at him and engaged a bit of dialogue. I felt I paid a great deal for that glass of Sangria. He was a bit too serious and chased a guest up to the 3rd floor he thought was young. The man was about 30 years beyond drinking age. LOL One thing that drove my husband crazy was the tables were left filthy! The only person we ever saw clearing was IRV(?) in the morning. Very nice elderly man. He knows service. It was borderline gross. I should have brought my own cleaning bottle and moppine to wipe down the table. I like a clean dining area. This is a huge glitch in their service protocols at Poly.

Desserts were yummy not elaborate.

Bottom line:

CM’s were not that friendly here. No one engaged any of the guests that we observed. They hid quite a bit back in the kitchen prep area. I introduced myself to the chef so I could inquire about July 4th visit, and he shared his pending menu. He was very gracious.

I am returning with my daughter for 4th of July at Poly CL because I promised, since she could not travel this time. My husband is a harder sell to tear away from work. He was very disappointed in CM interaction/service and Food snacks. He said he will go back to Yacht Club eagerly.

Turn down service was excellent…above and beyond Disney service standards! Housekeeping was excellent.

Location is the selling point if the large $ difference doesn’t matter to a guest. View was wonderful. Lounge was never really busy after the first day.

I know this is long winded but reading peoples thoughts are how I learn and determine my plan of action. Hope I am helpful. If you have any questions and I can answer: ask away.
Let me be the first to say: As a longtime owner of DVC 18+ years, I never once thought of Club Level Reservations. I tend to travel to Disney every 6-7 weeks as a break from the world of business and I am so thrilled that I opened this thread one day and said: Hey…let’s try Club Level. Yes I have read every post on every page because knowledge is key. Thank you TigrLvsPooh...this page makes a difference!

We tried our first stay at the end of Jan at Yacht Club. Wonderful experience. We had room 5195 which although has a King Size bed only and is a corner room (you are looking at your corner neighbor straight on) has a great view of fireworks. It overlooks roof and part of SAB. Food was fantastic in the CL lounge. Service from all the CM’s was great. Friendly, took time to chat, remembered you with likes for beverages, what not. Having someone man the drink service at night was really not a big deal, but it definitely could be intimidating to others. The CM’s would actually bring a second round while we were snacking which was such a nice touch. Room was clean, housekeeping spot on, no issues. We received our welcome gift and large size toiletries including the foot lotion and sun gel aloe. IPO was helpful but we are self-sufficient so we took care of things ourselves.

My husband took advantage of the bounce back offer in the room while we were in Disney to book the stay we just came home from Thursday. Only 6 weeks have passed between visits. He received a great price on BC CL but decided since I have never stayed at Poly, to pay the additional $700 and stay there.

I welcomed the adventure. We had a glitch with our online check-in. We contacted every possible person to let them know we would like a ground floor or 3rd floor room since we no longer, after 100’s of trips, need to rush off for the parks. I am there to golf and relax. Wouldn’t you know we received the text: 2nd floor. My husband immediately contacted the IPO and asked for a room change. We then received interesting texts. First text they had upgraded us to a theme park room, but then 25 minutes later, we received another text with a different room in the Standard Category. Not a good start. The upgrade was not granted at check-in. We should have tried the door but we are not like that. We went to the CL CM’s and explained what happened. Lawrence did not grant the upgrade sent via text. OK no Pixie Dust!

I will sum things up for Poly CL this way:

We did receive a welcome gift and I asked the young woman who delivered it where were the upgraded toiletries. She said you do not receive them in resorts that are not DVC…I was going to mention--yes this is a DVC resort--but chose not to embarrass her. Just the plain old small bottles. Negative check mark for me love, love the nice lotions!

Food: We are aware of cutbacks. If you compare Poly to Yacht club a month ago….OMG what a difference between the 2 resorts.

NO proteins like meat cheese at breakfast to supplement balance of a bagel or croissant. For snacks they served Conch fritters and Spring rolls…not warm/ Chicken Wings and Mushroom Risotto balls/ Bacon wrapped meat and Pierogis …same 3 cheeses every night and same three crudité items. Kids had PBJ crustables and turkey corndogs one night.

Drinks…they are self serve…which was very nice. During the day you could get a drink if you hunted down a CM. One night a young man did monitor the drink area…I just looked at him and engaged a bit of dialogue. I felt I paid a great deal for that glass of Sangria. He was a bit too serious and chased a guest up to the 3rd floor he thought was young. The man was about 30 years beyond drinking age. LOL One thing that drove my husband crazy was the tables were left filthy! The only person we ever saw clearing was IRV(?) in the morning. Very nice elderly man. He knows service. It was borderline gross. I should have brought my own cleaning bottle and moppine to wipe down the table. I like a clean dining area. This is a huge glitch in their service protocols at Poly.

Desserts were yummy not elaborate.

Bottom line:

CM’s were not that friendly here. No one engaged any of the guests that we observed. They hid quite a bit back in the kitchen prep area. I introduced myself to the chef so I could inquire about July 4th visit, and he shared his pending menu. He was very gracious.

I am returning with my daughter for 4th of July at Poly CL because I promised, since she could not travel this time. My husband is a harder sell to tear away from work. He was very disappointed in CM interaction/service and Food snacks. He said he will go back to Yacht Club eagerly.

Turn down service was excellent…above and beyond Disney service standards! Housekeeping was excellent.

Location is the selling point if the large $ difference doesn’t matter to a guest. View was wonderful. Lounge was never really busy after the first day.

I know this is long winded but reading peoples thoughts are how I learn and determine my plan of action. Hope I am helpful. If you have any questions and I can answer: ask away.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review! Would you mind sharing what the chef told you about the menu for the 4th of July?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter