Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Has anyone else seen a drop in the DSS? Last person I spoke to on the phone had just a "tired/why are you bothering me" tone. And I sent an email last Friday asking if they can assist with 2 Fastpasses should I encounter problems logging in and was told sorry we can't help you, those FP are popular but you can call the internet help desk if need be.
Yes. Compared to my last CL visit 5 years ago, the current service I have received seems rushed, and lacks the personal service aspect of the previous visit. Having a "pool" of DSS folks has watered down the service greatly. They got a few things wrong for my upcoming visit, that I needed to re-contact them to resolve. The are not true "Concierge" anymore IMO.

Has anyone else seen a drop in the DSS? Last person I spoke to on the phone had just a "tired/why are you bothering me" tone. And I sent an email last Friday asking if they can assist with 2 Fastpasses should I encounter problems logging in and was told sorry we can't help you, those FP are popular but you can call the internet help desk if need be.
Hmm, their limitations seem to be 1) only work 9am-5pm(? not sure when they close) and 2) don't have access to anything you can't pull up reservation wise on your own on the website. Maybe the reason you got the "we can't help you" response is they literally cannot help you during the hours your FP window opens and if you call them after they open what you want might be gone and they can't make availability appear (and they suspect the availability will be gone by the time their office opens so they don't want you relying on them). I'm trying to justify that weird response because we know they can book and move FPs and those are the only things that make that response make sense to me.

Hmm, their limitations seem to be 1) only work 9am-5pm(? not sure when they close) and 2) don't have access to anything you can't pull up reservation wise on your own on the website. Maybe the reason you got the "we can't help you" response is they literally cannot help you during the hours your FP window opens and if you call them after they open what you want might be gone and they can't make availability appear (and they suspect the availability will be gone by the time their office opens so they don't want you relying on them). I'm trying to justify that weird response because we know they can book and move FPs and those are the only things that make that response make sense to me.

We've had DSS make reservations for umbrellas and cabanas in the water park for us. This is not something than we can do on the web site (though we can call to make reservations by phone).

Does anyone know the nightly appetizer offerings in the Innkeeper's Club. The wilderness lodge blew my socks away (pulled pork is to die for) and the YC was equally nice. It's been several years since visiting Innkeeper's and I can't remember. Everything I find doing a search is over 5 years old.

I told my husband that I was planning our next trip to WDW, and he almost fell out of his chair. "We haven't been on our first trip yet!!!" "I know honey, but we might get a good deal while we are there, so I want to be prepared."
I figured some of you would get a chuckle out of that!

So I showed him the Polynesian, and he wasn't that interested, and my dream rooms over the water in the Bora Bora bungalows are way over our budget.

For those of you have done CL at the Beach Club and the Yacht Club, which one would you recommend? I am thinking that after being in walking distance to the MK, we should try being in walking/boat distance to Epcot and HS. Also, if BWI has a CL, would that be a good choice?

That is so funny. I do the same - we haven't even gone on this trip and I am thinking about our next one.

Yes the BWI does have a club level. Over YC, BC or BWI we love the BWI. First the YC CL lounge isn't as nice as the others - but I hear they are getting renovated. The BC has a huge CL lounge - with a bigger variety of food choices when we went. The BWI has a nice CL Lounge - not as big as the BC but the CMs are the best - hands down. We love Anita and Lorenzo - and I can't remember the others. We just feel like home at the BWI CL. The BC CL CMs were cold when we were there. The one thing I didn't like when we were at the BC is we had about 4 hours to wait for the DME to go to the airport and the lounge was closing after breakfast and we were checked out. My 80 year old father was very tired and wanted to sit and relax before the flight and they wouldn't let us sit in the lounge. I know its a small thing but that is why we love the BWI. The same type of issue happened at the BWI and they let us wait in the lounge. Once we checked in when the lounge was closed and they went to get us snacks even though it was closed. The CMs at the BWI are just so sweet in our opinion. The pool at the BC/YC is wonderful but the pool at the BWI is fine for us.

Although the Poly CL is by far our favorite for the theme of the resort. Such a relaxed feeling - and just love the layout of the CL lounge.

Last edited:
That is so funny. I do the same - we haven't even gone on this trip and I am thinking about our next one.

Yes the BWI does have a club level. Over YC, BC or BWI we love the BWI. First the YC CL lounge isn't as nice as the others - but I hear they are getting renovated. The BC has a huge CL lounge - with a bigger variety of food choices when we went. The BWI has a nice CL Lounge - not as big as the BC but the CMs are the best - hands down. We love Anita and Lorenzo - and I can't remember the others. We just feel like home at the BWI CL. The BC CL CMs were cold when we were there. The one thing I didn't like when we were at the BC is we had about 4 hours to wait for the DME to go to the airport and the lounge was closing after breakfast and we were checked out. My 80 year old father was very tired and wanted to sit and relax before the flight and they wouldn't let us sit in the lounge. I know its a small thing but that is why we love the BWI. The same type of issue happened at the BWI and they let us wait in the lounge. Once we checked in when the lounge was closed and they went to get us snacks even though it was closed. The CMs at the BWI are just so sweet in our opinion. The pool at the BC/YC is wonderful but the pool at the BWI is fine for us.

Although the Poly CL is by far our favorite for the theme of the resort. Such a relaxed feeling - and just love the layout of the CL lounge.
BWI Club is our home resort and the CMs are tremendous, and we are treated like family. While the other resorts may offer better themes or pools we can't stop returning.

Your question has been answered but just wanted to say I did a similar WL CL trip last year on roughly those same dates - arrived the day after Thanksgiving. It was a great trip for us and a fun way to get in the holiday spirit with the decorations at the Lodge (and great holiday card photo ops!), MVMCP, etc. Loved the new lounge and food offerings at CL, probably the best overall food/beverage offerings of any MK resort CL we've stayed in the past year (in my humble opinion).

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks so much for your great reply, GADisneyDad14! I hadn't even thought about holiday card photos - but you're right, it would be a perfect setting! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip ... definitely makes me feel better about staying there - thanks again :chewy:

Thanks so much for your great reply, GADisneyDad14! I hadn't even thought about holiday card photos - but you're right, it would be a perfect setting! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip ... definitely makes me feel better about staying there - thanks again :chewy:

FYI, if of any interest to you, last year they had a Photopass photographer at the tree in the lobby during much of the day. They weren't there all the time, but seemed to be quite a bit. We were prepared to beg someone to take our photo with our camera but having the Photopass photographer there with better equipment/lighting was a big bonus! :-)

Have fun!

FYI, if of any interest to you, last year they had a Photopass photographer at the tree in the lobby during much of the day. They weren't there all the time, but seemed to be quite a bit. We were prepared to beg someone to take our photo with our camera but having the Photopass photographer there with better equipment/lighting was a big bonus! :-)

Have fun!
That's so funny - I almost asked you if there were any Photopass people around (altho' I was struggling to remember the phrase & was going to call them Memory Makers?!?) ... so cool that they do this! there's no way my photography skills could come close. Great tip - thanks again!

Does anyone know the nightly appetizer offerings in the Innkeeper's Club. The wilderness lodge blew my socks away (pulled pork is to die for) and the YC was equally nice. It's been several years since visiting Innkeeper's and I can't remember. Everything I find doing a search is over 5 years old.
You will love the appetizer selection at the Innkeeper's Club! DH and I stayed in a garden cottage in April and were worried that the Innkeeper's Club wouldn't match up to the lounge at the Poly. We were blown away by the appetizer offerings at night. I remember an incredible cheese fondue each evening, and a chef preparing two hot appetizer selections to order (there was shrimp and grits one night which was awesome, and sliders- these changed each night we were there). There were also some basics like crudite and hummus. For two foodies, we were just thrilled. I will say it had more of an adult vibe than the Poly, so I'm not sure my small kids would have liked it as much, but the food and CMs were really excellent from our perspective.

Over YC, BC or BWI we love the BWI. The BWI has a nice CL Lounge - not as big as the BC but the CMs are the best - hands down. We love Anita and Lorenzo - and I can't remember the others. We just feel like home at the BWI CL.

BWI Club is our home resort and the CMs are tremendous, and we are treated like family. While the other resorts may offer better themes or pools we can't stop returning.

I love reading reports like these. We haven't stayed BWI CL, but it's one I want to try as I'm always reading such great things about it :).

Good Morning,
Has anyone stayed at RPC lately? Just wondering about the nightly options. We will be there in less than a month.

So not specifically club level related, but thought one of you would know :)

I put my initial $200 down for our stay at AKL CL in December. I know the website only allows 2 forms of payment and I would normally like every trip before this just pay it off with the same Credit Card, but now that I'm a Sams Club member I thought I'd do the gift card payment to save some money!

Am I correct in that I'll pick 1 "master" gift card. Load everything onto it up to $1000, make a payment, load more back onto that same gift card up to $1000, make a payment, repeat till paid off?

Thanks in advance!

AKL CL questions:

I know that all CL rooms are 4th floor, on the Arusha Savanna, and somewhat centralized, but are there any room requests that you would recommend making? Perhaps near elevators or near the lobby? I'm not sure just how spread out these rooms are on the 4th floor.

We have one very early morning planned and will be leaving by 7:00am for HS to get in line for Jedi Training. On the day before, can we take breakfast food back to our room to save for our early morning? Does the lounge provide containers to save food in, or should I bring something? Not sure if this would be frowned upon.

This is my first post! Forgive me if these topics have already been covered. I've tried reading through a lot of this forum, but there is A LOT! Hubby and I will be staying first week of December with our two animal loving boys! (5 and 8). Thanks for the help!

Hi! I hope that someone can give me an answer to this and I apologize if it is already located somewhere, as I did not know how to search for it. We are staying atrium CL at the contemporary in two weeks. We are planning on getting there late morning on check-in, but not heading to the parks. Can we take advantage of the club level amenities before our room is actually ready? I thought I read somewhere that we could, but I want to confirm. Thanks!

Hi! I hope that someone can give me an answer to this and I apologize if it is already located somewhere, as I did not know how to search for it. We are staying atrium CL at the contemporary in two weeks. We are planning on getting there late morning on check-in, but not heading to the parks. Can we take advantage of the club level amenities before our room is actually ready? I thought I read somewhere that we could, but I want to confirm. Thanks!

Yep, you're a guest of the WDW resort the day of your check-in and full day of check-out, which includes access to all CL amenities. You'll be free to use the lounge as soon as you arrive. We commonly arrive before we expect our room to be ready so do this often.

Have fun!

ETA - Don't feel the need to apologize for asking any questions. Some of these threads, including this one, are monsters and nearly impossible to find things when searching. Ask away!

As a mom to a soon to be 18yo who will graduate HS in June...this really ticks me off. I mean, I get it that it's only $10 more per night than usual but I wasn't psyched about the extra "adult" (I used quotes on purpose because she is most definitely barely an adult) fee in the first place. Wondering if the fee will be resort specific or throughout all resorts?

The joys of having a kid with an early fall birthday...sigh.
We've had to pay the extra adult fee a couple of times. And this november, both kids will be over 18...

Good Morning,
Has anyone stayed at RPC lately? Just wondering about the nightly options. We will be there in less than a month.

We were there 7/2-7/5. They had a nice assortment of grilled veggies, cheeses, fruits, etc. One night they had stuffed mushrooms and some type of beef on a skewer w/ chimichurri sauce but don't remember the others. If you do want one of the hot appetizers, get there early bcs they go FAST and didn't see them replenished.

They have a different chef there each night from one of the Boardwalk restaurants. One night it was scallops in risotto and big meatballs w/ pasta and sauce. Another night it was chicken and (mickey) waffles w/ a spicy syrup. We made a critical mistake of having nice dinner reservations on the nights we were at BWI.

AKL CL questions:

I know that all CL rooms are 4th floor, on the Arusha Savanna, and somewhat centralized, but are there any room requests that you would recommend making? Perhaps near elevators or near the lobby? I'm not sure just how spread out these rooms are on the 4th floor.

We have one very early morning planned and will be leaving by 7:00am for HS to get in line for Jedi Training. On the day before, can we take breakfast food back to our room to save for our early morning? Does the lounge provide containers to save food in, or should I bring something? Not sure if this would be frowned upon.

This is my first post! Forgive me if these topics have already been covered. I've tried reading through a lot of this forum, but there is A LOT! Hubby and I will be staying first week of December with our two animal loving boys! (5 and 8). Thanks for the help!

I'm not an expert regarding CL at the AKL. While I think you are correct most are on the 4th floors, I've read a few reports about guests being on the 5th floor. Maybe accessible rooms? Also, I think they are spread all over the 4th floor and that you could be far away from the lounge/pool (I've read about 5-10 minutes for the worst rooms).

PS : I'm also documenting myself as we're also heading there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter