Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

That’s it. We’re heading for a recession guys. Obviously nobody is going to Disney!

Amazingly, the offer is still available, from Aug 17-31. At this time, construction work is planned in some guestrooms, but the inconvenience should be small as all the pools remain available.

9229_F2_E6-17_C0-4_E10-9_DA3-_CD5_FF33_B9_EE8.jpg

The summer rates can even be applied!

Regarding the weather- I usually don’t worry about Florida weather but this time I got nervous as Southwest was offering free changes for Orlando flights Friday and Saturday :scared:

We arrived Saturday and it was a little drizzly at times. Same thing for Sunday. Today was supposed to be very rainy but again most of the day was just a bit overcast. A band moved through around 2-3 pm and it was torrential for about 20 minutes. Then very pleasant. The severe weather seemed to stay west and east of Bay Lake.

With Florida weather you just never know so don’t bother worrying even when they say 90 to 100% chance of rain for the entire week. We are enjoying the cooler than normal windy weather.

Regarding the weather- I usually don’t worry about Florida weather but this time I got nervous as Southwest was offering free changes for Orlando flights Friday and Saturday :scared:

We arrived Saturday and it was a little drizzly at times. Same thing for Sunday. Today was supposed to be very rainy but again most of the day was just a bit overcast. A band moved through around 2-3 pm and it was torrential for about 20 minutes. Then very pleasant. The severe weather seemed to stay west and east of Bay Lake.

With Florida weather you just never know so don’t bother worrying even when they say 90 to 100% chance of rain for the entire week. We are enjoying the cooler than normal windy weather.
Today, Wednesday, has proven you be way worse than any day related to the TS has been

We came prepared with our good rain coats so we are not stopping other than during the thunderstorm. Had a great safari, I must say
Loving GF RPC. first time here and this might be my favorite resort.

We did KRR and FOP and then we ran out of the park!
We did RPC on my birthday a couple years ago. I just didn't find the love others do

Things I am liking: friendly service, prompt housekeeping, nice app selections, lobby music.

We were there last summer and it was much better in terms of service and food options than our trip the previous Spring during all the cutbacks. It was really wonderful last summer and I'm glad to hear they are still improving it. :cloud9:

I also think it's great that there are so many CLs to choose from since we all tend to have our favorites (another one of mine is AKL which I know is a more "controversial" one).

Just curious how late on check out day will our magic bands work for the elevator? Our flight is later and didn't know for sure if our bands would stop working at 11am?

Just curious how late on check out day will our magic bands work for the elevator? Our flight is later and didn't know for sure if our bands would stop working at 11am?

Your MB will work in the elevator until midnight of your check out day. The only time I have ever had an issue with this is if I was doing a split stay, but even in those instances the CL staff has always been able to provide us with a card that has allowed us to continue using the elevator.

What makes it controversial?

Just that lots of people complain that it's a long walk to the lounge, or that the food is funny. My family loves the food there and we don't mind the walk. Frankly the walk is sometimes shorter than it is at the BC or YC, depending on which room you get. So while we love it I know that others don't, and that's ok. :goodvibes:

I'd been reading lots of posts on here before our recent trip to BWI, as we'd never stayed Club Level before. Here was our experience:

- I was never contacted by DSS prior to our trip. I finally e-mailed them a couple weeks before
our arrival, requesting a 3rd floor room for its larger balcony (we had a deluxe room booked).
DSS replied, assuring me they would do their best to accommodate my request. Got a text
from them on arrival day, stating our room was on the 4th floor.

- We were not met by anyone from the CL staff, nor were we shown to our room by anyone else.
We only found the Innkeepers Club because it was right around the corner from our room.
When we asked the young(ish) guy at the CL desk where to find the lounge, he just pointed and
said "down the hall, to the right." No welcoming hello, introduction, or anything.

- The food options weren't quite what I was expecting, particularly the desserts in the evening.
They were on the cheaper end of the scale, as were the pastries in the morning at breakfast.
Discovered that Club Level isn't worth the extra cost for our family, as we were always in the
parks during dinner hours. We mainly only used it to get beverages to keep in our room.
Their staff members were all very friendly and willing to help, though.

- There were several CL staff members attending the desk at different times. Aside from one
older gentleman who was very friendly and helpful, none of the others spoke, even to say
hello, when we walked by. After reading about people referring to them as practically being family
members, it was a bit disappointing. To me, anyway.
Funny, that was our experience pretty much at BC CL. I was disappointed, especially with the lack of greeting and the lack of warmth from the staff. All I've heard on this forum is wonderful things about BWI...

Did anyone book club level specifically for the FP trial program? I wouldn’t say it was my only deciding factor but it HEAVILY swayed me, since it’s our families first trip, I want to make sure we’re able to do a lot. I got a little overzealous with some reservations, dessert parties, upcharge Events, and recently realized, thanks to some Dis’ers, that why was I spending all the extra money on “extras” when I planned to use the paid FPs and viewing areas -so I cancelled some things. Now I’m feeling anxious that the trial problem will disappear. I’m working on my touring plans and spreadsheets, planning our days and meals around these 6 FPs. What do we think the chances are they’ll keep it going? I’m going in October.
I'm pretty positive that once your CL FPs are booked they won't take them away. If they can the program, it would be for FUTURE FPs, not ones currently scheduled, even for an upcoming trip. Once you've paid your $150.00 pp, they are not going to want to refund that $$$. Lol.

How long does it usually take DSS to respond to email? I sent a message yesterday and was just curious how long a response typically takes.

My Club level split stay report: Grand Floridian RPC May 16-May 23 and then Boardwalk Inn Club level May 23- May 27:cloud9:

This report will be about RPC:

DH and myself were blown away with the Grand Floridian RPC. Our arrival day was a planned resort/club level day which allowed us to throughly enjoy all the RPC had to offer. We were impressed with the quality of food selections, the atmosphere and space of the lounge, and the CM's were so welcoming and friendly. The food was simply amazing and the number of choices available were mesmerizing. We loved the smoked turkey and other meat selections that were offered at breakfast. These along with the delicious frittatas allowed us to get proteins in our breakfast; which in turn gave us an awesome jump start to our day. The Mimosas helped too. :D Twice a chef prepared us Mickey waffles and all I can say is wow!

Lunch was also impressive. Daily soup rotations with meats to make small sandwiches were ample enough for us, so we decided to cancel our reservations at the Plaza in MK and go back to the resort for lunch. This was a great decision for us. A quick trip via the boat and viola' total relaxation break. Afternoon tea was a delight as well. Jam tarts, apricot and strawberry spreads. Devonshire cream, and those amazing scones. We did drink tea on our first afternoon tea, but the other times we found champagne was equally as good. :laughing:

The dinner appetizer selections blew us away every evening. So many wonderful selections and quality of the food was out of the park. We also got to experience a chef two of our evenings. She prepared creme brûlée one night and a chicken pasta dish the other. Desserts were amazing as well. the quality and assortment offered each evening were mind blowing. All I can say is what a way to end the evening.

I am so glad DH and myself got to experience this wonderful club level and I also want to thank everyone on the Disboards for your reports on this resort as well. I am wishing we can experience the RPC once again or maybe try the outer building. This was the perfect location for our split stay. We concentrated mainly on Magic Kingdom, but did have one day at the Animal Kingdom Park. Transportation was so easy and we loved the resort grounds. Simply beautiful.

To sum up the first part of our split stay...A trip of a lifetime that I will never forget. :daisy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter