Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We are doing our first club level stay at the Poly from 5-13 Dec and have a question. What are the chances to get an upgrade from a standard view CL room and do you have a room recommendation for a standard view at CL? I have gone back through a few threads and know this question has been asked before, so I apologize in advance :)

We would like a balcony if possible and that is only 1st and 3rd floors, is that correct?

:) Erik

So, we just booked a room at the Boardwalk Garden Room Club level cottage.... its out by the quiet pool... pretty sure I know where these rooms are, but how do you get from them to the concierge lounge? I know where the Innkeeper lounge is as we've stayed club level before there in the standard CL rooms.

can you describe the location in terms of where the lobby is? also is there one room closer to the building entrance than another? one on our trip is in a wheelchair so the closer to the entrance the better.

We are doing our first club level stay at the Poly from 5-13 Dec and have a question. What are the chances to get an upgrade from a standard view CL room and do you have a room recommendation for a standard view at CL? I have gone back through a few threads and know this question has been asked before, so I apologize in advance :)

We would like a balcony if possible and that is only 1st and 3rd floors, is that correct?

:) Erik

The Poly offers three CL view categories... Garden View, Lagoon View, and Theme Park View. I've stayed there a half dozen times in Garden View and I've never been upgraded, I wouldn't think the chances are very good. Usually when you hear about someone being upgraded it is a short stay of just a couple of nights.
The 1st floor has a patio, the 3rd floor has a balcony. :)

tgrluvspooh, are your kids used to staying on vacation on christmas? last year, for the first year, we were in the bahamas on christmas until 12/26. it was an amazing vacation. the kids loved every minute and said it was their best vacation ever. but when all was said and done, they made me promise never to be on vacation for christmas again. :(:headache::crazy2::scared::worried: it was our first christmas without my mom (and i am an only child so no one else to have christmas with), so i thought this would be a great alternative. not so, for them, apparently. so if it were my family, i would leave 12/24.

tgrluvspooh, are your kids used to staying on vacation on christmas? last year, for the first year, we were in the bahamas on christmas until 12/26. it was an amazing vacation. the kids loved every minute and said it was their best vacation ever. but when all was said and done, they made me promise never to be on vacation for christmas again. :(:headache::crazy2::scared::worried: it was our first christmas without my mom (and i am an only child so no one else to have christmas with), so i thought this would be a great alternative. not so, for them, apparently. so if it were my family, i would leave 12/24.

Last year was our first time being gone for Christmas. I loved it. The kids liked it too, we needed a new holiday routine post-divorce so it gave us a new tradition that didn't seem as sad and depressing as being at home.

The Poly offers three CL view categories... Garden View, Lagoon View, and Theme Park View. I've stayed there a half dozen times in Garden View and I've never been upgraded, I wouldn't think the chances are very good. Usually when you hear about someone being upgraded it is a short stay of just a couple of nights.
The 1st floor has a patio, the 3rd floor has a balcony. :)

Thanks for letting me know! We are in garden view, not standard view...lol. I didn't think there was much of a chance for an upgrade, but if you had to choose a preference within the garden view, what requests would you make? Would you want 3rd or 1st floor?

Thanks for letting me know! We are in garden view, not standard view...lol. I didn't think there was much of a chance for an upgrade, but if you had to choose a preference within the garden view, what requests would you make? Would you want 3rd or 1st floor?

I always request 3rd but some people like the 1st for easy access to their room through the sliding door. :)

So, we just booked a room at the Boardwalk Garden Room Club level cottage.... its out by the quiet pool... pretty sure I know where these rooms are, but how do you get from them to the concierge lounge? I know where the Innkeeper lounge is as we've stayed club level before there in the standard CL rooms.

can you describe the location in terms of where the lobby is? also is there one room closer to the building entrance than another? one on our trip is in a wheelchair so the closer to the entrance the better.
My dd and I will sometimes take a random bus from HS and explore a resort. One time we did BWI. We found a beautiful staircase that went down, towards a courtyard so went down it! We found those beautiful cottages and they are absolutely cute, fun, beautiful !! However, we went back up the stairs to leave.

Hopefully someone knows a different route! I'd try the BWI thread if you don't get a response soon.

Also I have my first BWI trip in November so I if I am there before you I can try to get some pix for you if needed.

Lastly, I like touringplans.com. When you use the room finder you can put 1st floor and the map of the building pops up.

The cottages are ground floor and face the inner courtyard where the quiet pool is located. I'm pretty sure that the only entry to the cottage is from outside. It has a lovely little garden in front of the cottage. The lobby is on the second floor, so you have to go back into the building and up the elevator to get back to the lobby. I don't know if that same elevator is the one to goes to club level. We've only stayed on a ground floor room.

I wish I had better knowledge of those garden cottages, I've only been down there by the stairway. I would guess you can take the second set of elevators (not the ones near belle vue lounge) and go down to the ground floor. Then when you get outside there's a walkway over to the cottage area. I know they can only be accessed from outdoors.

The cottages are ground floor and face the inner courtyard where the quiet pool is located. I'm pretty sure that the only entry to the cottage is from outside. It has a lovely little garden in front of the cottage. The lobby is on the second floor, so you have to go back into the building and up the elevator to get back to the lobby. I don't know if that same elevator is the one to goes to club level. We've only stayed on a ground floor room.
This is correct. You must exit from the cottage to the outside. There are cottages that are closer to the door that will take you to the elevator. There is only one set of elevators (actually 3 elevators in the same location) that services the Inn side and it will take you up to the 4th floor where the lounge is located.

This is correct. You must exit from the cottage to the outside. There are cottages that are closer to the door that will take you to the elevator. There is only one set of elevators (actually 3 elevators in the same location) that services the Inn side and it will take you up to the 4th floor where the lounge is located.

There is another elevator near the belle vue lounge, that goes to the ground floor. But this location would put you out near the flying fish, so it's important to proceed down the hallway to the main set of elevators past the first one.

Great news!!!! :D I was able to get BC CL LV for the last two nights, one night free and the other night reduced! WOOHOOO!!! :cool1: Just saved myself $1400!!!! :cheer2::banana:
That's incredible! I wish I could get one of those letters...I didn't even get the PIN code:( LV will be SO nice...and what a great split!

That's incredible! I wish I could get one of those letters...I didn't even get the PIN code:( LV will be SO nice...and what a great split!

The manager of the BC submitted a report of our issues/problems at check-in and check-out during our last CL stay and they offered us one free night for our next stay. :thumbsup2 I have to say, in all my years of staying in Disney resorts this is a first! Fantastic customer service for sure! ::yes::

There is another elevator near the belle vue lounge, that goes to the ground floor. But this location would put you out near the flying fish, so it's important to proceed down the hallway to the main set of elevators past the first one.
Yes that is true. Just letting the pp know how to get to the lounge since that elevator only takes you out to the boardwalk.

Yes that is true. Just letting the pp know how to get to the lounge since that elevator only takes you out to the boardwalk.

Boardwalk is a strange layout, I remember the first time I stayed there it took me FOREVER to even find the quiet pool! :crazy:

Great news!!!! :D I was able to get BC CL LV for the last two nights, one night free and the other night reduced! WOOHOOO!!! :cool1: Just saved myself $1400!!!! :cheer2::banana:

Very nice, so happy for you!

As a side note, there's a new Orbitz code that offers the full 15% off and not the 150 cap. I could save even more on RPC at Easter time! Maybe that would apply to one of your upcoming trips?? 48HRSALE

Last edited:
I was reading about limits to your MB charges. It was something where after a certain dollar amount was charged to your room, they had to charge your credit card. And then if you reached your cap and they hadn't charged your CC, they might not let you use your band for payment. I know it was different amounts per resort level (values were lower, deluxe were higher). But does anyone know if CL are different?

I'm just worried because we are handling all payments for the family. We have 7 of us total and plenty of TS meals. I'm sure its going to add up quickly. I don't want to be inconvenienced or embarrassed if our MB doesn't work. If we know the total, we can keep an eye on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter