Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Unfortunately, this seems to be one of those things that is hit or miss as some people report getting a welcome gift, while others do not :(.

Congrats on upgrading! Hope you have a great trip :santa:.

I agree ::yes::.

Yes, CL rooms are usually included in promos. With that said, you might have to be flexible with your resort as not all CLs are always included (and some are offered at a lower discount than others), but there are usually CL options ;).

Yes! There are often discounts on CL rooms, just like regular rooms. The current general public promotion ("Gift of Magic") runs through the first week of April I think. I know a lot of folks are anxiously waiting for the next offer to come out, but I'm not sure when that usually happens? There are websites that track when Disney "usually" announces offers, but things change a bit year to year. I think it should be coming up sometime soon but I have not checked.

One thing to remember, like all Disney offers, the usual "The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited" caveat applies. Just because a room is available does not necessarily mean there will be a discount offer available for it.

Different resorts / room categories / view categories have different supply/demand factors and Disney will 'usually' provide discounts accordingly to entice us all to book and to fill their resorts.

Another caveat though, there are often minimum stay requirements with most general public offers. Disney generally wants to lure people with longer stays.... two nights may be tough to get a discount, I'm guessing.

Good luck!

Thank you both so much for the replies!

Regarding the BWI lounge and the lack of kids' area, a couple things. Our BWI CL stays date back 6 years and it's always been this way. I agree with @gwynne that there isn't really enough space in the lounge to create a kids' area - unless you removed the CM desk in the corner (maybe.) For us, the kids' area serves a couple purposes not related to traditional TV-watching. First, our youngest is on the autism spectrum. There is something about the small tables/chairs and familiar shows that helps him to regulate in the middle of an exciting day. Also, he's a talker, loves to meet people and will talk to (or in his case, at) anyone. :) So watching TV in the room isn't really interesting to him, and "meeting friends" in the club lounge is a big deal for him when we're at Disney. BC, GF RPC and WL lounges have been particularly great for that.

So a couple bright spots, and reasons we're returning to BWI CL in a few weeks instead of another club level. First, we think the BWI CL CMs are among the best at Disney - and comparable with CLs outside of Disney. They are wonderful with our youngest son. His need to make new friends with other kids is significantly lessened by the CMs who will actively engage with him. I'd say Jackie, Pete, Anita and Lorenzo are particularly great with kids. Also, for two of our three BWI CL stays, the sofa/chairs in front of the TV have become a kids' area just because kids are gathering there with the Disney Channel and adults are around the perimeter. So that might happen again.

Well, I'm sad to say our BC CL stay has been a bust. Not at all due to the resort or amenities (love it here), but on a personal note, I was overly optimistic with this trip and our kids are just too young. We have twin 2.5 year old boys and one is going through a tough stage right now where being overstimulated just sends him over the edge. He had been doing so much better at home (started occupational therapy) and we saw huge improvement. He has completely regressed here and just can't handle all of the stimulation. Because he is getting so much attention (constant meltdowns) his twin brother is now acting out. So...we will be cutting the trip a day short and heading back to Chicago tomorrow before another snowstorm hits on Friday. We just can't risk being stuck over the weekend with the storm.

I'm sad to say the least and worried and our son. I never would have pushed this trip if I thought he would have this reaction. He loved Cape May on Sunday and absolutely could not handle it today. We are hanging at the hotel, taking advantage of the CL lounge and swimming. I just don't think he understands that this is vacation and we will be heading home, no matter how many times we try to explain. He keeps asking for our dog and has completely regressed to taking his pacifier constantly. Our OT said this is helping to take the edge off for him so to let him be.

On another note... DH and I struggled with infertility for many many years and I dreamed of coming here with kids. He disagreed with the trip from the start and said the kids were too young. I convinced him it would be fine and it was just way too soon. I'm just a little heartbroken now but seeing the anniversary of Sandy Hook puts it all back into perspective. We will have a long weekend to get the kids acclimated back home and hopefully see some dramatic improvement in our son. :(

Well, I'm sad to say our BC CL stay has been a bust. Not at all due to the resort or amenities (love it here), but on a personal note, I was overly optimistic with this trip and our kids are just too young. We have twin 2.5 year old boys and one is going through a tough stage right now where being overstimulated just sends him over the edge. He had been doing so much better at home (started occupational therapy) and we saw huge improvement. He has completely regressed here and just can't handle all of the stimulation. Because he is getting so much attention (constant meltdowns) his twin brother is now acting out. So...we will be cutting the trip a day short and heading back to Chicago tomorrow before another snowstorm hits on Friday. We just can't risk being stuck over the weekend with the storm.

I'm sad to say the least and worried and our son. I never would have pushed this trip if I thought he would have this reaction. He loved Cape May on Sunday and absolutely could not handle it today. We are hanging at the hotel, taking advantage of the CL lounge and swimming. I just don't think he understands that this is vacation and we will be heading home, no matter how many times we try to explain. He keeps asking for our dog and has completely regressed to taking his pacifier constantly. Our OT said this is helping to take the edge off for him so to let him be.

On another note... DH and I struggled with infertility for many many years and I dreamed of coming here with kids. He disagreed with the trip from the start and said the kids were too young. I convinced him it would be fine and it was just way too soon. I'm just a little heartbroken now but seeing the anniversary of Sandy Hook puts it all back into perspective. We will have a long weekend to get the kids acclimated back home and hopefully see some dramatic improvement in our son. :(

Oh, that's sad, but honestly ANY trip with a 2.5 yr old has the potential to be tough!! We will be doing the same with our DS next summer and have done it with our girls. It's a tough age period. It WILL get better!

Oh, goodness, how frustrating. Those years between 2 and about 3 1/2 can be unpredictable. (Or it was in our experience.) Disney will be there down the road. Sending a hug your way today. :hug:

WOAH.........this might be a game changer for us, thank you for posting this. We have stayed Poly CL, BC CL and GF RPC CL with our littles and the best part of the lounge for us is setting them u with some food in front of the "kids area" then getting our own plates and sitting behind them and having a nice breakfast or evening app. I wanted to try a new resort and we have a CL stay at BWI for March. We spend 50/50 time at resorts and parks so this might be something for us to think about. I don't like my kids seeing everything on the news right now, and I'd hate to ask someone to change the channel......... so without a funny Mickey cartoon playing or the nightime stories with Duffy, we might be headed in the wrong direction with staying BWI.
We were just at the BWI, came home yesterday, I can assure you the Disney channel was on all the time for children while we were there. On Sunday we were in the lounge and my husband waited until the children all left before asking if he could put a football game on.

Oh, that's sad, but honestly ANY trip with a 2.5 yr old has the potential to be tough!! We will be doing the same with our DS next summer and have done it with our girls. It's a tough age period. It WILL get better!

Thanks! We won't be doing any big trips again for quite some time.

Luckily, my mom is here with us and she is just amazing. I did kick her out a while ago and told her to go to the parks and have some fun. She keeps joking how tough I was at this age and how this is payback.....

Oh, goodness, how frustrating. Those years between 2 and about 3 1/2 can be unpredictable. (Or it was in our experience.) Disney will be there down the road. Sending a hug your way today. :hug:

Thank you. You are so right that Disney will still be here. Really appreciate the hug. :)

@cc1013 I am twin parent too, ours are nearly 4 1/2 now. When we went at 2.5 it was a lot for sure, it's a really difficult age, I remember thinking how much easier it was when they were babies. We actually stayed off site that trip and I really think the extra space and quiet amenities of a time share really helped our little ones. When they were almost three we did AKL instead and had a very resort-centered trip. The parks are easier now at 4 but even in Sept there was one morning we just turned around and left due to my son having a major meltdown first thing. No need to push them, you are doing the right thing and there will be a time when everything is just so much easier! And I hear you on the IVF thing, me too :) Im sure your son will bounce right back into his old routine! (Oh, and one more thing, my daughter was a binky addict and definitely wanted it more when out of her element... we just stopped TWO WEEKS ago very easily and successfully... kids just go at their own pace!)

I've only used these boards a few times for some specific questions, but I thought I'd share my recent experience while staying club level at the Polynesian last week. This was our first trip and we had booked about 8 or 9 months ago. After booking I came out here and say some of the negative reviews on club level amenities and was a little nervous that the experience wasn't going to be all that great. I"m happy to say we were very surprised and pleased with everything during our stay.

We used the Magical Express, and right when we got off the bus and collected our carry-on luggage, a member of the staff came up, called us by name, and introduced himself. We didn't even need to go into the Ceremonial House to the Club Level check-in desk, he was out there waiting. We were taken back to the Hawaii building to go through the check in, they provided so plastic beach toys for our 1 year old to play with, and some crayons and pictures for our 5 year old to use to keep him occupied. Check in was a breeze, we got the type of room we wanted in terms of the view, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and there were some really tasty chocolates and a welcome letter in the room.

We were also really impressed with the lounge offerings. Breakfast service didn't start until 7am, but every morning there was a pot of hot coffee at 6am (when my kids wake up, sigh....) as well as a Nespresso machine available. The breakfast food was about what you'd expect in terms of pastries, bagels, and hard boiled eggs. There were also some nice cheeses out along with some meats, which was unexpected but nice if you want something a bit more substantial and savory. In the afternoons they had grilled chicken lettuce wraps with a few different sauces, including a pineapple salsa and a peanut sauce, and the normal fixings you'd want (shredded carrots, cheese, etc). I had been expecting basic snack foods and sweets, so this was a pleasant surprise. The fridge was loaded with beers and sodas, and if you asked for wine they'd bring you a glass. Evening appetizers were also better than expected, with a few different items like tuna crudo and grilled octupus to go along with some of the things I had expected like hawaiian style meatballs. We're not the biggest sweets eaters, but the stuff that came out at 8pm was generally tasty and seemed very popular. There was a mix of more basic kid-friendly stuff like cookies, and some things like mini cheesecakes and mousses.

The view and general layout of the lounge was great. Concierge staff was great at helping us figure out transportation (again, our first trip so we didn't really know our way around) and also helped us move around a couple of reservations. All in all, we were very happy. Whether this type of stuff would make club level "worth it" or not is really in the eye of the beholder I guess, but I thought I'd note that we had a nice experience.

Last edited:
@cc1013 I am twin parent too, ours are nearly 4 1/2 now. When we went at 2.5 it was a lot for sure, it's a really difficult age, I remember thinking how much easier it was when they were babies. We actually stayed off site that trip and I really think the extra space and quiet amenities of a time share really helped our little ones. When they were almost three we did AKL instead and had a very resort-centered trip. The parks are easier now at 4 but even in Sept there was one morning we just turned around and left due to my son having a major meltdown first thing. No need to push them, you are doing the right thing and there will be a time when everything is just so much easier! And I hear you on the IVF thing, me too :) Im sure your son will bounce right back into his old routine! (Oh, and one more thing, my daughter was a binky addict and definitely wanted it more when out of her element... we just stopped TWO WEEKS ago very easily and successfully... kids just go at their own pace!)

Thank you thank you thank you! This made me tear up but I feel so much better after reading it. :)

DH is grabbing lunch now and will bring it back to the room. The boys are quietly playing on iPads. Once they way from naps we will go swim for a bit. I just never expected this dramatic of a struggle. Plus, I would love to send my other son to the parks with my mom but he gets very upset when he's separated from his brother. So it's a quiet day for us while my mom meets an old high school friend at AK. I've been feeling like the worst mom ever but reminding myself that this age is tough for most, makes it seem more manageable.

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time - but you are doing wonderfully! We too had a really tough trip when our DD6 had just turned 2. We had some unrealistic expectations and learned from that - we did go back 6 months later with some more realistic plans and had a fantastic experience! Swimming is perfect today - you are still on vacation at Disney even if you are only at the resort right now! You will look back and see the positives and the negatives will fade (at least they did for us!) DD6 has now been to WDW 12 times with another trip on the horizon and we wouldn't have it any other way! even though we tanked our first trip! Hang in there and enjoy all that BC CL has to offer!

I've only used these boards a few times for some specific questions, but I thought I'd share my recent experience while staying club level at the Polynesian last week. This was our first trip and we had booked about 8 or 9 months ago. After booking I came out here and say some of the negative reviews on club level amenities and was a little nervous that the experience wasn't going to be all that great. I"m happy to say we were very surprised and pleased with everything during our stay.

We used the Magical Express, and right when we got off the bus and collected our carry-on luggage, a member of the staff came up, called us by name, and introduced himself. We didn't even need to go into the Ceremonial House to the Club Level check-in desk, he was out there waiting. We were taken back to the Hawaii building to go through the check in, they provided so plastic beach toys for our 1 year old to play with, and some crayons and pictures for our 5 year old to use to keep him occupied. Check in was a breeze, we got the type of room we wanted in terms of the view, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and there were some really tasty chocolates and a welcome letter in the room.

We were also really impressed with the lounge offerings. Breakfast service didn't start until 7am, but every morning there was a pot of hot coffee at 6am (when my kids wake up, sigh....) as well as a Nespresso machine available. The breakfast food was about what you'd expect in terms of pastries, bagels, and hard boiled eggs. There were also some nice cheeses out along with some meats, which was unexpected but nice if you want something a bit more substantial and savory. In the afternoons they had grilled chicken lettuce wraps with a few different sauces, including a pineapple salsa and a peanut sauce, and the normal fixings you'd want (shredded carrots, cheese, etc). I had been expecting basic snack foods and sweets, so this was a pleasant surprise. The fridge was loaded with beers and sodas, and if you asked for wine they'd bring you a glass. Evening appetizers were also better than expected, with a few different items like tuna crudo and grilled octupus to go along with some of the things I had expected like hawaiian style meatballs. We're not the biggest sweets eaters, but the stuff that came out at 8pm was generally tasty and seemed very popular. There was a mix of more basic kid-friendly stuff like cookies, and some things like mini cheesecakes and mousses.

The view and general layout of the lounge was great. Concierge staff was great at helping us figure out transportation (again, our first trip so we didn't really know our way around) and also helped us move around a couple of reservations. All in all, we were very happy. Whether this type of stuff would make club level "worth it" or not is really in the eye of the beholder I guess, but I thought I'd note that we had a nice experience.

Thank you for the review. We are currently booked Poly CL for next August and I keep wondering if I should just do a standard room. We have stayed CL in the past (not at Poly) and have really enjoyed it for the most part, but the price difference this time around is a bit more than we are used to. DH still wants to keep CL, but I am wavering.

I'm sorry that you are having a rough time - but you are doing wonderfully! We too had a really tough trip when our DD6 had just turned 2. We had some unrealistic expectations and learned from that - we did go back 6 months later with some more realistic plans and had a fantastic experience! Swimming is perfect today - you are still on vacation at Disney even if you are only at the resort right now! You will look back and see the positives and the negatives will fade (at least they did for us!) DD6 has now been to WDW 12 times with another trip on the horizon and we wouldn't have it any other way! even though we tanked our first trip! Hang in there and enjoy all that BC CL has to offer!
Thanks! I appreciate the pat on the back and agree that swimming in Disney is still vacation. While I'm looking forward to getting back home, the subzero temps in Chicago do not make for swimming weather!!!!

While I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough trip when your daughter was younger, I love hearing how things have turned around! Part of this was definitely my unrealistic expectations which is a lesson learned. :)

If it makes you feel any better, our 3 year old went bonkers on our cruise last week. He ran away from me, and refused to spend time in the camp. We did take him to Disneyland for 2 and a half days when he was 2, and that was a good trip. He's just not ready for a longer trip yet.
I'm wondering if your boys would have been better off with a shorter trip? It's water under the bridge, of course. Don't beat yourself up. As I said to another Mom on the cruise when her little one was acting up, it's not YOU, it's just your TURN. We've all been there or will be there.

Your son WILL improve, because he has a very loving, caring Mommy.

@cc1013 I am so sorry to hear about your trip, I hope you at least got to enjoy some of the BC CL offerings. FWIW....my DD2.5 was a total hot mess on our WL trip a few weeks ago. Thank goodness it was short.

By nature she's a pretty high strung / intense personality with a fierce but inconsistent independent streak in her. Against our better judgement we took her on our Poly trip this past summer (she turned 2 during the trip). To our surprise she was a total angel the whole trip and was GREAT in every setting. In some ways I felt all of the stimulation really kept her occupied and content. Turns out she was just suckering us in.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and it was the total opposite. Tears at every corner, refusing to ride in the stroller, wouldn't sit still on the plane, total meltdowns for the most innocuous things. She'd refuse to go to sleep and then wake up WAY earlier than she should. The pure definition of terrible 2's.

We're done with her at Disney until she's much older! (Fine with me, more time for me and DS to go solo!)

Hi I have read on this forum that if you book a room Club Level you should expect and email from the concierge. I have booked a stay at the AKL CL for early January and I have yet to hear from the concierge. I am planning on proposing during the trip and I definitely need to speak with the staff. Any information I can get will be greatly appreciated!!!!

@cc1013, your trip wasn't abnormal. 1,2,4, or older...some kids are sensitive to change and stimulation. Our first trip was in 2012 and our kids were 8, 7, and 5. Our youngest has always been, ah, vocal and demonstrative when things don't align with his vision. He could be a tyrant regularly and WAS on our trip. Our first day was stressful for him and GMR did him in after listening to the kid next to us LOSE HIS MIND through the whole ride. He wanted to do Jedi Training but, the minute Vader's theme started, he took off and stayed as far away from him as possible-poor kid. My lack of enthusiasm for DHS may be influenced by this trip. #3 wouldn't allow any of us to go on inside rides without throwing a fit, even though we didn't make him go in there. He was fine with the outside ones, though, and loved Barnstormer. He loved Splash during the drop, but was super agitated inside the mountain. IASW, PP, and Pooh were a nightmare. He wanted to eat every 30 minutes from stress. He thew fits regularly over "whatever". Our second trip, two years later, was much better. He would go on inside rides and threw less fits. He's 9 and MUCH better! We're hoping for a low fit-throwing ratio next year. He's a nag, sensitive to change, still a bit of a tyrant, and loves the thrill rides. His siblings would rather skip the thrills. There's always compromise.

My older two were fantastic and I regret that their wonderful behavior was overshadowed by the youngest. We told them how much we appreciated their patience and made sure they were able to do a lot by taking turns hanging out with ol' yeller. Gah! What a stressful trip that was!

Anyway, it is what it is. I didn't laugh about that first trip for a while, but it's a good story now! Yours will be, too. You'll go back when they're older. It won't be what you envisioned and there will be melt-downs, but it will be easier. I bet you'll want to go back after the next one, too!

To keep it on topic. We stayed at Poly CL for most of the trip and it was a refuge. Plenty of food for the stress eater, snacks on our pool day, and we were there for breakfast and in the evenings because the kids were DONE pretty early. They couldn't last long enough to stay up for EWP or Wishes. OUT by 7:30. DH and I would drink a glass of wine on the balcony and gird our loins for the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter