• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Advice because I am totally frustrated and wish I could change back to a different resort. I had WL standard room, we decided to go WLCL, they had a room with grab bars so I booked that room, it was listed as club level standard room with tub and grab bars. My sixty days was about Monday, so today I sent letter off to DSS asking if I should precheck in or is there only one room with grab bars in club level. They write back that due to me being in that room, I can be placed anywhere in the hotel from 1st floor to 7th floor. What? Okay let me rant, that is not equal access, yes suite can be all over and you have access to the lounge, but I'm not in a suite, I am in a regular club room. It is not the same to pay $175 more to be at the other end of the hotel and have to track to the lounge, okay I know right now WL only has one side but still, if you paid the extra for club level, and the room was listed club level, not club level access, would you feel taken. What would you do, there is not a standard or any other club level room open. I can switch to another resort, CR maybe or GF but not WL. I can't even get a standard room at WL, which would have saved me $178 per night. Being blind this really makes me mad, I just don't want to be anywhere, I want to be club level that is what I am paying for.
did anyone reply to your post? I read the rest of the thread and saw nothing. I had a personal experience in 2014 that taught me a bit about disney reservations.This was my first ever visit to WDW as an adult so not a good first impression but I am going back this year and I am ready for anything. Your reservation guarantees a reservation somewhere on property. If they downgrade your view or take away CL you should be compensated the difference. They can move you wherever they want. I had reserved BC CL. They had an oversell situation and had NO rooms left when I checked in...the entire hotel was booked! The options were CR, or a non CL room at BC on a lower level with key card access to the CL floor. We took the BC room. After a few hours though we realized that since we had 5 ppl and our agent "promised" us a room with a daybed and now we were in a room with no daybed that 3 kids in a queen wasnt going to work for a week so we asked that they keep looking for a CL room with a daybed. The next day they found us a room with a daybed at the YC. so we switched but once again it was not a CL room but they granted us CL access. It was on the far side of the resort so not only not on the 5th floor but it was a very long walk.Going to the CL lounge took what felt like a 10-15 minute walk I would have been happier with any other floor but closer to the CL lounge so I could just jump on the elevator. I understand you are frustrated but my point is that they can move you anywhere and to be ready in case it does happen. If you need grab bars then theres really no need to change your reservation but maybe you can make "close to the lounge please" your room request. I hope you get a room on the CL floor close to the lounge and hope you have a wonderful stay.

We've just booked a 3-night stay at Poly CL (theme park view) for early Nov, as we're already in town for a meeting. Just DH and I, no kids - we tend to do parks parks parks, then go to dinner and watch fireworks (preferably from a non-park location), so this seemed like a good choice. I went through booking...tried not to look at the price, and then clicked it. Done, dusted.

Until I remembered the stupid bungalows (WHY???). And then read that the food at Poly CL isn't that great compared with others. And then saw that people keep saying the rooms still look dated, even post-refurb.

So in the tradition of all people who obsess over Disney, I started obsessing over whether I'd chosen the wrong resort. I have stayed all over, but have only stayed CL at AKL, WL, and BC - DH has only been with me for the WL and BC trips. the BC trip was a quick 3-day in fall, we wanted to stay close to Epcot for FWF - but the reality is that FWF late in the afternoon is a madhouse, and I felt that we limited ourselves a bit by staying there, although the resort and CL were aaaamazing. We never did hang around at Epcot at night! I'd really like to stay somewhere where we have good accessibility to parks as well as other hotels with great restaurants, plus a great view of fireworks... I have always loved Poly, with the quick walk to TTC, the monorail to GF and CR and MK - but now I am wondering if CR or GF would be a better choice, although only for CL offerings and rooms. CR Atrium level MK view is available for every day of our stay, though not as a single package (I'm sure I could call about that) - price about the same. The GF is only available as a main building theme park view at CL, and the cost is obscene - we can do it, but it would have to be EXTREMELY memorable and amazing. But neither is quite as accessible to TTC and EVERYTHING. We won't always be at MK first thing, so...

I know this is all ridiculous - we are embroiled in political turmoil and people are starving and this is not exactly a tough problem to have and all that - but could someone talk me off the ledge, one way or the other? thanks, fellow obsess-ers!

Last edited:
We've just booked a 3-night stay at Poly CL (theme park view) for early Nov, as we're already in town for a meeting. Just DH and I, no kids - we tend to do parks parks parks, then go to dinner and watch fireworks (preferably from a non-park location), so this seemed like a good choice. I went through booking...tried not to look at the price, and then clicked it. Done, dusted.

Until I remembered the stupid bungalows (WHY???). And then read that the food at Poly CL isn't that great compared with others. And then saw that people keep saying the rooms still look dated, even post-refurb.

So in the tradition of all people who obsess over Disney, I started obsessing over whether I'd chosen the wrong resort. I have stayed all over, but only CL and AKL, WL, and BC - DH has only been with me for the WL and BC trips. the BC trip was a quick 3-day in fall, we wanted to stay close to Epcot for FWF - but the reality is that FWF late in the afternoon is a madhouse, and I felt that we limited ourselves a bit by staying there, although the resort and CL were aaaamazing. We never did hang around at Epcot at night! I'd really like to stay somewhere where we have good accessibility to parks as well as other hotels with great restaurants, plus a great view of fireworks... I have always loved Poly, with the quick walk to TTC, the monorail to GF and CR and MK - but now I am wondering if CR or GF would be a better choice, although only for CL offerings and rooms. CR Atrium level MK view is available for every day of our stay, though not as a single package (I'm sure I could call about that) - price about the same. The GF is only available as a main building theme park view at CL, and the cost is obscene - we can do it, but it would have to be EXTREMELY memorable and amazing. But neither is quite as accessible to TTC and EVERYTHING. We won't always be at MK first thing, so...

I know this is all ridiculous - we are embroiled in political turmoil and people are starving and this is not exactly a tough problem to have and all that - but could someone talk me off the ledge, one way or the other? thanks, fellow obsess-ers!
Well, I like Poly. I like the theming best of the monorail hotels. I like CR as well; people think it is too busy but it seems Disney to me with the monorail and all. I think either one is fine. GF is nice also; I have never stayed there yet because I get to the final price and I'm like, "no".

Are you sure you want CL? Based on your post, I am not sure you will get your use out of it. Why not get a regular room and use the savings on food and drinks? Also I always book std view because #1 views are expensive and #2 75% of the time I get a water/garden view anyway.

Just looked at your screen name are you military? or are you veterinarians... I know that CR had military rates for CL in November. Not sure about the other resorts but call and ask.

Good to see the positive reply - thank you:). I don't know that we necessarily get full $'s worth out of CL, but we only do WDW every few years, and then only for a few days - the splurge is worth it to us for breakfast and also for snacks/bevs before dinner and bevs for fireworks viewing. It's a convenience thing rather than a wise budgeting move, if you catch my drift.

I'm a veterinarian, not a veteran:). I'll have to wait for fall rates like everyone else, and I may not be able to use them!

Thanks again:).

Sugar loaf appies! Well they changed the menu mid trip so..... I can say the last night was better.

I had the shrimp, the peadh thing and the Broccoli bites. They were little circles , slightly crispy and then topped with melted cheese. Oh my they were good.. dd liked the peach and I loved the shrimp.

IMG_0221.JPGIMG_0222.JPG
View attachment 228573 IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0220.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Sugar loaf appies! Well they changed the menu mid trip so..... I can say the last night was better.

I have the shrimp, the peadh thing and the Broccoli bites. They were little circles , slightly crispy and then top with melted cheese. Oh my they were good.. dd liked the pear and I loved the shrimp.

View attachment 228572View attachment 228581
View attachment 228573 View attachment 228574 View attachment 228575 View attachment 228576 View attachment 228577 View attachment 228579 View attachment 228580 View attachment 228571
Note to self: stop reading CL thread when hungry.

IMG_0237.JPG

Didn't try this one but it looked good. Also above on sign there was sausage I tried and that was good too.

IMG_0936.JPG IMG_0937.JPG

Last stop :desserts

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0930.JPG
    IMG_0930.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

So in the tradition of all people who obsess over Disney, I started obsessing over whether I'd chosen the wrong resort. .....

I totally get being stressed about picking the right place. This is an expensive vacation, and you want the perfect place. But for a parks parks parks person, there really is no perfect park, unless you have a personal helicopter to get you around. There is no one resort close to all the parks. There are a few where you can get to Epcot (by the back way, and only after the first part of the park has been open a few hours) and HS quickly; you can get to MK fairly quickly from the monorail resorts and WL, and AKL is great for AK. Unless you have one park that you plan to concentrate on, you will be in traffic at some point on your vacation, either in a bus or a car.

So grab your favorite beverage, sit down and relax, and think about what is important to you. You have already answered some of these questions, but I figured some of them are good to repeat.
Why did you want the CL? What do you need to get out of it to make your vacation great?
How important is location? What do you need for that location to have?
How often do you see yourself using your room? Do you plan to watch fireworks from your balcony? Will you notice the decor?
What amenities do you need?
Which are your favorite restaurants and where are they? And what time of day do you prefer to eat there?
So go through these and add other questions that give you more info. These are the Head questions.

Now ask yourself the Heart question. Does the Polynesian call to you? If you don't stay there, will you wish you had? If not, is there another hotel that calls to you?

After you answer these, I think you will have your answer.

So in the tradition of all people who obsess over Disney, I started obsessing over whether I'd chosen the wrong resort. I have stayed all over, but have only stayed CL at AKL, WL, and BC - DH has only been with me for the WL and BC trips. the BC trip was a quick 3-day in fall, we wanted to stay close to Epcot for FWF - but the reality is that FWF late in the afternoon is a madhouse, and I felt that we limited ourselves a bit by staying there, although the resort and CL were aaaamazing. We never did hang around at Epcot at night! I'd really like to stay somewhere where we have good accessibility to parks as well as other hotels with great restaurants, plus a great view of fireworks... I have always loved Poly, with the quick walk to TTC, the monorail to GF and CR and MK - but now I am wondering if CR or GF would be a better choice, although only for CL offerings and rooms. CR Atrium level MK view is available for every day of our stay, though not as a single package (I'm sure I could call about that) - price about the same. The GF is only available as a main building theme park view at CL, and the cost is obscene - we can do it, but it would have to be EXTREMELY memorable and amazing. But neither is quite as accessible to TTC and EVERYTHING. We won't always be at MK first thing, so...

I totally understand. Since you asked for input, I'll give you mine. :umbrella: I've stayed at all the CLs besides BC and GF, and...

The Poly is by far my least favorite.

The food isn't very good, the lounge is always hectic, the rooms in the Hawaii building are all double Queen (no kings at all, so that's not particularly ideal for couples traveling alone), and frankly for the price it's just not worth it IMO. It's the one CL on property I don't care to return to. I actually just wrote about my Poly experience on my blog earlier this week.

Take this with a grain of salt as purely my opinion. Since you're going as a couple, I would recommend CR or GF if you wanna stay on the monorail loop. I'm partial to CR, personally, but not everyone likes the Tomorrowland-esque theming.

My opinion on CL food: it varies. We were at Poly in Jan 2015 iirc and the chef was trying out different dishes. I thought it was really good. The only night I wasn't fond of was the 'sushi' night because there was no other 'hot' selection: just sushi. I like sushi but not only sushi. When we stayed at BWI CL Kouzzina was providing the food and it was all orzo, tomato bread salad, and skewers. It was good but it got repetitive. And some people probably didn't like it. I thought CR Jan 2016 iirc had some good apps but they were ultra tiny; more recent reviews say it's great. The soups were good.

So I wouldn't pick any CL purely on food reviews. You have to consider the whole experience. Food selections change and tastes are different. I would stay at any one of those resorts again and expect a somewhat different experience.

Desserts:lots of goodies! Each night several plus cookies!

Also as posted earlier they added uncrustables, grapes, and potato chips too!

Sl has awesome views so use that rolling cart under the desk and make a nice spot inside if weather not cooperating or sit on your balcony .

I love that bed time , on vacation wine n dessert time !!!

Woohoo

Having salty chips too made my night !

IMG_1046.JPG IMG_1047.JPG IMG_1048.JPG IMG_1049.JPG

Last building location !!

Very nice indeed :)

You can cut through leaving boat dock through Conch then SL. These pix are the end of the buildings . They really don't look like an entrance unless you look closely . Sl has the MB reader . Also only steps to main building from other end . That's great on a rainy or cold day .

IMG_0912.JPG IMG_0913.JPG
The only down side was lack of view like cr and poly . However the friendly feeling at sl made up for it. Also such nice views from room so we enjoyed that.

Last edited:
The view when you wake at gf in sl courtyard view .

Lovely indeed :)

View attachment 228618
Absolutely gorgeous. Even by Disney standards. Which are high, indeed.

Before you started posting, GF was kind of a "well, that might be nice" sort of place for me. Now? I just checked my upcoming reservation to see if I could switch. And of COURSE I can't, but guess what's now on the bucket list?

Thanks so much for these!!! :love:

Absolutely gorgeous. Even by Disney standards. Which are high, indeed.

Before you started posting, GF was kind of a "well, that might be nice" sort of place for me. Now? I just checked my upcoming reservation to see if I could switch. And of COURSE I can't, but guess what's now on the bucket list?

Thanks so much for these!!! :love:
I was always a poly girl but have to say we have had such consistent lovely stays at gf that I'm glad I have another booked for September .

Can someone help me locate some recent reviews about AKL CL? I am terrible with the search function on this site. We are considering staying there in July and I'm hoping to better understand if CL is worth it/how it ranks against some of the other CLs. Thanks in advance!!

Oops - edited to add that I found Ewoks helpful post! But if anyone has any additional tips on AKL CL that they want to share, I'd be extremely grateful!! :flower1:

Last edited:

I'm a Poly guy as my sig probably suggests. I consider a Poly CL TPV room to be about the best room option available in all of WDW. Nothing takes my breath away more than opening up that door to the room each time and seeing the Lagoon/castle in direct view. I get the same feeling with the view from the lounge. It is just one of my favorite places to be.

But I like what @Eastern said about "considering the whole experience" when it comes to these kinds of things. I first and foremost choose a resort that I like. CL is a bonus and a nice way to enhance certain features/aspects of the resort.

To me, Poly is a good blend of the things that make a successful, relaxing vacation for us. Good transportation options (the walkability to TTC is very important to me), great pools, good bars, relaxing vibe. Staying CL gurantees being in Hawaii and with any of the view categories you know exactly what you're getting. That level of 'control' over my reservation is important to me.

With kids in tow, the whole setup just works very, very well. I know this doesn't apply to you.

Food varies at all CLs, IMO. I was just there in Feb and the offerings have been upgraded quite a bit over prior years. Not sure if you saw my pics, they are back sometime after President's Day on this thread. But food opinions are so subjective, really tough to judge by people's comments for sure.

I think CR CL would be an equally compelling option if I were in your shoes. A TPV room there is second only to Poly CL TPV (in my humble opinion), but in many ways equal. Both lounges have phenomenal views. I really, really like CL there, but I don't enjoy the resort as much so it hasn't been on our rotation as much.

If I were traveling with just me and DW though, I'd probably choose CR CL over Poly CL for a three night, more park-driven trip. BUT, I could easily pick Poly CL and be just as happy.

This is just me, but I wouldn't pay for a GF RPC TPV room, Poly or CR yes, GF no. I don't think the view is as good / worth it there. Now, I would definitely consider a standard view RPC or SL room - GF would seem to fit a lot of your needs in terms of good restaurants, transportation, etc.

Sorry for the long post. Bottom line, I don't think you can really go wrong whatever you choose here. I'd do your research (like you have and are doing) and go with your gut. :thumbsup2

Can someone help me locate some recent reviews about AKL CL? I am terrible with the search function on this site. We are considering staying there in July and I'm hoping to better understand if CL is worth it/how it ranks against some of the other CLs. Thanks in advance!!

Oops - edited to add that I found Ewoks helpful post! But if anyone has any additional tips on AKL CL that they want to share, I'd be extremely grateful!! :flower1:
I did a bunch of posts end of January . Just go back a few dozen pages . My trip was 1/13-20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter