• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

This isn't strictly CL related, but since the topic of illness came up here earlier, I want to share some information with you. I have had the misfortune of becoming ill at WDW several times (and actually had an ambulance ride one time!).

Disney has brochures available (I got ours from our home resort, SSR) of medical services available. I can't post photos, but here's the information (I now carry this info with me on all my WDW trips!) from the brochures:

These 2 will come to you:

"Doctors' House Calls International, Inc. 1-800-986-6903 (Doctor to your Hotel 24/7): If you find yourself in need of medical attention and are not familiar with the area, do not feel like waiting for an appointment, or are too ill to drive, call Doctors' House Calls International and a Doctor will come to you, usually within 45 minutes. We accept all major credit cards and most Traveler's Insurance."

"The Medical Concierge: Providing Medical Care in the comfort of your hotel room. Since 1980, Saving Central Florida vacations and events one phone call, one patient at a time! Physician Hotel House Calls; 24 hours, 7 days a week: 407-648-5252, Press 1 for Medical Staff."

This one requires a trip to one of their offices:

"Centra Care, Florida Hospital Urgent Care. 407-938-0650 for Complimentary Transportation, Most prescriptions filled on-site, CentraCare.org 4 Locations:
1) Lake Buena Vista Centra Care, 12500 S Apopka Vineland Rd (near Disney Springs) 407-934-2273; Weekdays 8am to midnight; weekends 8am to 8pm.
2) Orange Lake Central Care, 8201 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (near Animal Kingdom) 407-465-0846; Weekdays 8am to 8pm; weekends 8am to 5pm.
3) Kissimmee Central Care, 4320 W Vine St (US 192 - near Medieval Times) 407-390-1888; Weekdays 8am to 8pm; weekends 8am to 5pm.
4) Dr Phillips Centra Care, 8014 Conroy-Windermere Rd (near Dr Phillips Blvd); Weekdays 8am to 8pm; weekends 8am to 5pm."

The resort front desk should have this information readily available, but in a moment of crisis, I have the info at my fingertips! ;)

This isn't strictly CL related, but since the topic of illness came up here earlier, I want to share some information with you. I have had the misfortune of becoming ill at WDW several times (and actually had an ambulance ride one time!).

Disney has brochures available (I got ours from our home resort, SSR) of medical services available. I can't post photos, but here's the information (I now carry this info with me on all my WDW trips!) from the brochures:

These 2 will come to you:

"Doctors' House Calls International, Inc. 1-800-986-6903 (Doctor to your Hotel 24/7): If you find yourself in need of medical attention and are not familiar with the area, do not feel like waiting for an appointment, or are too ill to drive, call Doctors' House Calls International and a Doctor will come to you, usually within 45 minutes. We accept all major credit cards and most Traveler's Insurance."

"The Medical Concierge: Providing Medical Care in the comfort of your hotel room. Since 1980, Saving Central Florida vacations and events one phone call, one patient at a time! Physician Hotel House Calls; 24 hours, 7 days a week: 407-648-5252, Press 1 for Medical Staff."

This one requires a trip to one of their offices:

"Centra Care, Florida Hospital Urgent Care. 407-938-0650 for Complimentary Transportation, Most prescriptions filled on-site, CentraCare.org 4 Locations:
1) Lake Buena Vista Centra Care, 12500 S Apopka Vineland Rd (near Disney Springs) 407-934-2273; Weekdays 8am to midnight; weekends 8am to 8pm.
2) Orange Lake Central Care, 8201 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (near Animal Kingdom) 407-465-0846; Weekdays 8am to 8pm; weekends 8am to 5pm.
3) Kissimmee Central Care, 4320 W Vine St (US 192 - near Medieval Times) 407-390-1888; Weekdays 8am to 8pm; weekends 8am to 5pm.
4) Dr Phillips Centra Care, 8014 Conroy-Windermere Rd (near Dr Phillips Blvd); Weekdays 8am to 8pm; weekends 8am to 5pm."

The resort front desk should have this information readily available, but in a moment of crisis, I have the info at my fingertips! ;)

Very informative information - and some I hope I never need to use!!! :rotfl:

Late response to this and you've heard some opinions already, but just wanted to relay what I do.

I book room-only reservations so have to pay the balance when I check-in. One benefit of doing online check-in is that your CC is already on file and the room payment is handled automatically that day. It's better than being reminded about the cost of your vacation right at minute one of your trip! :lmao:

What a great tip!! I was hesitant to do the online check-in, but this may have swayed me otherwise!

Off topic, but cool photo I got yesterday at MK. Blue Angels were in town and did a couple of fly-overs. One of the more unique things I've ever seen at Disney.

I love this picture. I grew up next to Dover Air Force Base and can remember when the Blue Angels would come to visit. They would fly so low, it would shake our house and the trees would bend in the wind from them. I could easily read the tail numbers. I've taken my kids to their home in Pensacola area.

There is a Disney Character Picture thread you should post this in: https://www.disboards.com/threads/best-character-photos.1504837/

Hi, first time CL, staying AKL 10-4 through 10-7. Made other ADRs today but hoping for a ROL package. Can I ask them to watch for me and book when available? I've seen it before in this thread but can someone please give me the contact # or email (did try searching). Which is easier? Thanks

Yes, we are DVC and own at AKL but it's the first time we've ever used our points here. The villa is fabulous, it's 6208. Even though it's classed as partial savannah we've barely seen any animals as the location is at the end of the savannah.

We're having a great trip but if we were to return to AKL I'd book a normal savannah room. We're returning to SL in the summer.

My husband called Signature Services today to make arrangements for our trip in June. They booked our Star Wars Dessert party, a Fantasmic dining package and an evening at Lilo's Playhouse for our 9 year old so we can go out for a date night. He loves basically any excuse to call Disney and always ends up in lengthy bubbly Disney conversations. He's a cutie (I think I'll keep him). Anyway, they were very lovely and set it all up and then sent us an email with our itinerary because she said things like Lilo's Playhouse don't always show up in MDE. I got a silly tickle out of seeing the Polynesian logo at the top as I assumed with the merging of the IPOs it would all be generic "Disney". I'm easily amused. June can't get here fast enough.

I don't know whether my question is better here or in the Poly thread?

We are staying Poly CL theme park view for a few days in June. First and foremost I would like a 3rd floor room with a balcony. Is there a section of the 3rd floor that has better views? Is it putting in too many requests for room location? I'd rather have a good view on the 3rd floor than a great view with no balcony or a patio.

I don't know whether my question is better here or in the Poly thread?

We are staying Poly CL theme park view for a few days in June. First and foremost I would like a 3rd floor room with a balcony. Is there a section of the 3rd floor that has better views? Is it putting in too many requests for room location? I'd rather have a good view on the 3rd floor than a great view with no balcony or a patio.

Yay, Poly CL! Fun!

Your question is perfect in either thread, but you'll probably get more repeat Poly CL guests here that have a lot of experience with room requests (like me I guess!). Most of the Poly trips in my signature were TPV rooms, although I've done LV and GV too.

With a TPV room, you're always at the risk of getting a 2nd floor/no balcony room. For this reason, I request a third floor room as my first priority. Ultimately I am happy anywhere on the third floor. All of the views are generally going to be the same.

Now that being said, I do prefer to be on the side of the building closest to the lounge. To me this has a few advantages... 1) simply being closer to the lounge, 2) I like the view just a bit better on this end, 3) there's a speaker on the ground on that side that plays the Poly soundtrack all day (I like to crack the patio door and listen).

I always e-mail DSS with my requests. I will say something along the lines of "third floor room as my first priority request, close to the lounge as second priority request (example room #s 3504-3510)."

There are different ways to skin the cat, but this has worked well for me so far. I've always been assigned a third floor room fortunately, but the second part hasn't always been accommodated.

Hope that helps! Happy to answer any questions.

Yay, Poly CL! Fun!

Your question is perfect in either thread, but you'll probably get more repeat Poly CL guests here that have a lot of experience with room requests (like me I guess!). Most of the Poly trips in my signature were TPV rooms, although I've done LV and GV too.

With a TPV room, you're always at the risk of getting a 2nd floor/no balcony room. For this reason, I request a third floor room as my first priority. Ultimately I am happy anywhere on the third floor. All of the views are generally going to be the same.

Now that being said, I do prefer to be on the side of the building closest to the lounge. To me this has a few advantages... 1) simply being closer to the lounge, 2) I like the view just a bit better on this end, 3) there's a speaker on the ground on that side that plays the Poly soundtrack all day (I like to crack the patio door and listen).

I always e-mail DSS with my requests. I will say something along the lines of "third floor room as my first priority request, close to the lounge as second priority request (example room #s 3504-3510)."

There are different ways to skin the cat, but this has worked well for me so far. I've always been assigned a third floor room fortunately, but the second part hasn't always been accommodated.

Hope that helps! Happy to answer any questions.

Thank you so much for the help - that room range actually works for me. I was looking at the floor plans on Tikiman and always prefer a non-connecting room (as I find the connecting doors often let in more 'neighbor noise')

The way you worded your request possibly lowers my chances of being as far away from the lounge as I could possibly get in the other non-connecting rooms.

And Poly soundtrack - bonus (my dh loves to sit in the AKL lobby and listen to the soundtrack - at least before they changed it and it got less 'soothing' in his opinion)

While I have your ear, and since you've stayed so many times - what is in front of room 3503, that according to the floor plan makes it a lagoon view?

Thank you so much for the help - that room range actually works for me. I was looking at the floor plans on Tikiman and always prefer a non-connecting room (as I find the connecting doors often let in more 'neighbor noise')

The way you worded your request possibly lowers my chances of being as far away from the lounge as I could possibly get in the other non-connecting rooms.

And Poly soundtrack - bonus (my dh loves to sit in the AKL lobby and listen to the soundtrack - at least before they changed it and it got less 'soothing' in his opinion)

While I have your ear, and since you've stayed so many times - what is in front of room 3503, that according to the floor plan makes it a lagoon view?

Yeah, I agree with you on the connecting room thing. Unfortunately hard to avoid here. You could start the room request example at 3501 to get more non connecting rooms in the mix, but I would rather not be in those first two rooms by the elevator if I can help it.

There's a palm tree in front of 3503. I haven't stayed in that room but have 3504 if I'm not mistaken. I bet the view is still pretty darn good from that room, it just has that tree that interferes with the direct castle view.

Pics below may help somewhat, but unfortunately I didn't take good notes early on so I'm not totally sure which rooms these were taken from. I know I had 3504 and 3506 once, maybe 3509 as well. I keep planning to go back and search my files / label my photos appropriately. :-(

Caveat, these pics don't do the view justice. You'd really need to see a panorama shot to capture everything.

IMG_0217.JPG IMG_3065.JPG

This is from 3516, the "furthest" from the lounge I've been. You see how the direct view is more Sunset Pointe compared to the others, which are more beachy. Still a super-nice view though! It was also very quiet on this end as you don't get much foot traffic walking to their room by this point in the building.
IMG_9705.JPG

Yes, we are DVC and own at AKL but it's the first time we've ever used our points here. The villa is fabulous, it's 6208. Even though it's classed as partial savannah we've barely seen any animals as the location is at the end of the savannah.

We're having a great trip but if we were to return to AKL I'd book a normal savannah room. We're returning to SL in the summer.

Yes, we've stayed in those rooms several times. They are VERY hit or miss. We got extremely lucky last trip and saw tons of giraffes, zebras, cattle, bongos and waterbuck. Other stays we only saw birds. The good news it that there's so many other opportunities to see the animals all over the resort.

We're currently at AKL club level and unfortunately are finding that it just doesn't have the magic of the other club level resorts. On a positive we're in a DVC 1 bedroom villa which is fabulous and has partial savannah view. There's no bottled water available nor bottles of orange juice. Wine and beer no longer make an appearance at 5pm and must be 'requested' with no indication of what's available. It's the same with the cordials too. My DH asked if he could take a beer back to the room with the top on to consume later and he was told 'no' as club level is a service and not a bar. We're seriously missing the
Wonderful staff at the BWI and CR. I can't see us rushing back here.
This is very similar to our feelings/perception, we just got back 2 weeks ago! Just not the same experience as CR. Won't be rushing back anytime soon

Hi, first time CL, staying AKL 10-4 through 10-7. Made other ADRs today but hoping for a ROL package. Can I ask them to watch for me and book when available? I've seen it before in this thread but can someone please give me the contact # or email (did try searching). Which is easier? Thanks

@Chavaleh covered the second part of your question, but as to if you can get them to "watch" and book if something becomes available, there's no harm in asking. Generally speaking DSS is better suited for "one and done" transactions where they can do what you ask and move on to the next guest. But you occasionally see reports around here of DSS booking something proactively after the fact like that. I'd ask and see what they say, maybe you'll get a nice CM who stays after it. Let us know how it goes! :-)

Sadly, we are back from our WDW Spring Break trip. :sad::sad::sad: Already in withdrawal, so I need to turn to DISboards to cope.

For this trip we did a GF/CR split. 4 nights at GF SL and the last 2 at CR Tower Club, our first time at both respective CLs (although I've done RPC and Atrium before). We enjoyed both, although the Tower Club portion definitely overshadowed the trip.

I now see why those that have been generally have good things to say about Tower Club. What a wonderful experience. I don't mean to sound too gushy about Tower, but it was really, really good.

I have tons of photos I need to get through and will post more thoughts soon. In the meantime, happy to answer any questions!

We are booked at the GF SL in August. I'm sad to say that this is our first trip in almost 5 years because of my girls sports are all consuming...ughh! Anyway, if you are staying CL and taking Disney bus to GF do they still meet you at the bus and check you in your room or at CL? That is what happened last time we were there at RPC.

I now see why those that have been generally have good things to say about Tower Club. What a wonderful experience. I don't mean to sound too gushy about Tower, but it was really, really good.

I always feel like it's hard to properly convey to folks who haven't stayed Tower Club how amazing it really is, but... yep. Glad you enjoyed it as much as we do! Can't wait to be back in Sept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter