• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We just got back from a BWI CL std room- 4220 I believe. Close to lounge, overlooking gardens and quiet pool. Truly a fabulous stay. . I have never stayed at CR so can't give any advice as to that but if it's always been a dream to stay there, what better time than your anniversary?

Did you have a view of Illuminations from 4220? Trying to gather information for our BWI CL trip in December!

And here's my favorite part: the renovated rooms. THESE ROOMS ARE AMAZING.

We were the first to stay in this room, a king bed with a lagoon/pool view. We had a gorgeous Illuminations view from our balcony. Everything in the renovation is top-notch and the attention to detail is on par with some of the fanciest upscale hotels I've stayed in. Lots of leather, brass, and cool understated nautical stuff. The bed was unbelievably comfortable, too. I kinda didn't wanna get up. Lots of USB ports and outlets. Little reading lights mounted in the headboards on each side of the bed. Tons of storage in the closet and shelving areas. A fantastic shower.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:
View attachment 224015 View attachment 224016 View attachment 224017 View attachment 224018 View attachment 224019 View attachment 224020 View attachment 224021 View attachment 224022

And here's my favorite part: the curtains! It took me a few minutes to figure it out when I first looked at them, but then I fell in love.
View attachment 224023
OMG!!! My poor TA might hate me if I start thinking about changing again!! I'm currently booked at BC CL for November in 2 rooms with our adult kids. These pics so make me want to try YC though, I just love the new rooms! I don't know if I should even think about switching over or just stay put at BC CL.... hubby thought BC was such a chaotic lobby with the CAPE MAY people always checking in and out, he also hates Cape May! I just want a great CL Lounge, good water view and nice rooms :) I'm beginning to reconsider BC again, but my dear friend PAS told me to stay put at BC after her recent YC CL trip..... so I'm conflicted :)

we are booking club level. Which would you pick? Standard view Cl at Poly? or, Deluxe at Wilderness Lodge?

What amout of days is your normal staty cl 5,6,7, or more?

We had a very magical 10 days at the Poly CL.
It was one of my DD's last off-season vacations (in year round school for both kids and next year her school will be traditional) so we wanted to take advantage of the time.
It was very difficult to leave after it.

OMG!!! My poor TA might hate me if I start thinking about changing again!! I'm currently booked at BC CL for November in 2 rooms with our adult kids. These pics so make me want to try YC though, I just love the new rooms! I don't know if I should even think about switching over or just stay put at BC CL.... hubby thought BC was such a chaotic lobby with the CAPE MAY people always checking in and out, he also hates Cape May! I just want a great CL Lounge, good water view and nice rooms :) I'm beginning to reconsider BC again, but my dear friend PAS told me to stay put at BC after her recent YC CL trip..... so I'm conflicted :)

I understand the conflict. Personally, since my husband and I are childfree, we've always avoided BC because we always find it to be exactly as your husband stated: chaotic! It's like the Poly of the EPCOT resorts in that sense. We were so pleasantly surprised by the more upscale, "grown-up" vibe of YC, especially with the new renovations on the CL floor. It kinda seemed to us like they're attempting to create a less subtle delineation between BC and YC, with BC being the more young-family-oriented, exciting, bustling resort and YC being more adult-centric, subdued, and elegant. That's just our take, though. YMMV.

we are booking club level. Which would you pick? Standard view Cl at Poly? or, Deluxe at Wilderness Lodge?

I enjoy both resorts and both CLs immensely. If I think back over my travels during the last 12 months, WL had the best food by far (maybe tied with CR). The new lounge is beautiful and a wonderful space to relax. But for us I would vote Poly CL Garden View. While the extra room of a Deluxe room at WL was nice, I was not really a fan of the walking distance to the lounge (average 2 minutes, 40 seconds per trip from room the lounge). That distance just didn't jive with our CL style.

But like all CLs (and resorts) there are pros/cons of each. There are a lot of subtle (and no so subtle) differences, but the distance to the lounge keeps coming to the top of my mind in comparing the two. ETA - This comment only applies to the Deluxe rooms. I would feel differently about the regular CL rooms at WL, which are much closer/on the same floor as the lounge.

Last edited:

When you get the room ready text they give a phone # you can call if any problems. I read someone on the boards did call and had room changed before arrival.

Oh I do online check in without any requests but do send requests to DSS. I have gotten both my request ( assume dss) and then text I get room number. Best of both worlds.

Thanks for that extra info. I guess it might be time to try it! :goodvibes:

My kids are all over 10 and the oldest is 17...and as a family of 5 we have a deluxe BC room booked simply because at these ages we are going to appreciate the 150sqft of extra space! They will all be a year older when we go though (fall birthdays). Our first CL stay was at the PolyGVCL and it was magical too, kids were much younger though 4, 8 and 11.

Thanks! As far as evening offerings, there is usually a main course of some sort (one night it was salmon and rice, another chicken with polenta I think), two or three salad options which rotate out and are always fresh and delicious, a small one- or two-bite dish (I remember shaved beef with horseradish cream on toast and a scallop dish), some type of "plain food" meant to target children (pb&j, chicken tenders, etc), cheeses, different rolls and crackers, and a veggie plate with hummus and other dips. The cheeses and veggies are there every night. The food selection was excellent when we were there.

We loved YC. It's now our third favorite CL, behind CR and AKL. The new rooms are breathtaking, the CMs were top-notch, and we felt there was a real effort being made to upgrade the guest experience overall. I don't think you'd be disappointed a bit at YC.

Ewoks I think I need to talk to you too! We currently have a memorial week stay booked at both YC CL and BWI CL. And we cannot decide! We have stayed YC CL once before but it was a very short trip pre-renovations and have never stayed CL at BWI. We love the YC but we stay there a couple times a year so we were thinking about trying out BWI this time. BUT the pool at the BWI is really putting us off (my kids love stormalong bay). I see from your signature that you have stayed at both YC CL and BWI CL very recently. Can you please tell me what you liked/did not like about them? It looks like from the pictures that the BWI lounge is larger? Is this true? Which lounge did you like better? And which layout (meaning proximity of rooms to the lounge/elevator)? Finally, which food is better? I have seen posts that BWI has a chef preparing in the lounge. Does YC have this? Sorry for soon many questions!

Last edited:
My kids are all over 10 and the oldest is 17...and as a family of 5 we have a deluxe BC room booked simply because at these ages we are going to appreciate the 150sqft of extra space! They will all be a year older when we go though (fall birthdays). Our first CL stay was at the PolyGVCL and it was magical too, kids were much younger though 4, 8 and 11.

2 of my 3 love the BC. Now, I'm wondering if i should switch there if it's available because of food and wine being at the same time? I personally have a hard time at BC because i have Celiac and have trouble grabbing quick, gluten free food. Maybe this is a non issue with CL? Poly and WL both have decent QSs that can be GF.

I enjoy both resorts and both CLs immensely. If I think back over my travels during the last 12 months, WL had the best food by far (maybe tied with CR). The new lounge is beautiful and a wonderful space to relax. But for us I would vote Poly CL Garden View. While the extra room of a Deluxe room at WL was nice, I was not really a fan of the walking distance to the lounge (average 2 minutes, 40 seconds per trip from room the lounge). That distance just didn't jive with our CL style.

But like all CLs (and resorts) there are pros/cons of each. There are a lot of subtle (and no so subtle) differences, but the distance to the lounge keeps coming to the top of my mind in comparing the two. ETA - This comment only applies to the Deluxe rooms. I would feel differently about the regular CL rooms at WL, which are much closer/on the same floor as the lounge.

Thank you for the insight! Yes, the travel time is the big obstacle with the deluxe room. That, and I'm worried about how the view might turn out. I would be very disappointed to have a first or second floor view. Too bad we are a party of 5 and can't do the other rooms.

I have a question about GF CL, we are staying in May 17, we wanted but could not get a deluxe 2queen room main building, I know there are only 6. So we took what we could get. But looking forward to 2018 we decided we better book now, we had three different dates early march, mid May, or early sept, so not prime season, all three dates say no to the deluxe 2 queen bed rooms, so we moved around a little and still got no to all choices. So people, you can not book these rooms on line, they never show up, but you can not book them a year out, or 18 months out. Any clue who to book these room? Because if we really can not book them, we are going to just go ahead with our second choice for next year and skip GF.

Thank you for the insight! Yes, the travel time is the big obstacle with the deluxe room. That, and I'm worried about how the view might turn out. I would be very disappointed to have a first or second floor view. Too bad we are a party of 5 and can't do the other rooms.

Yeah, we were third floor and the view wasn't all that great. I mean, if you love looking at trees and tree trunks, yes, it's a great view. Look, I love trees but if they cut just a couple down the views from the Deluxe Rooms would be wonderful. It's such a tease knowing there's a beautiful lake view oh so close!

The Deluxe Rooms there are certainly a valid choice. It's not totally off our list, I would stay there again under the right circumstances. Just wasn't our favorite.

On your other comment, you can arrange for GF options when staying CL. Just call ahead and discuss your needs. I haven't done this personally, but I see people getting specially prepared separate plates from the back/kitchen all the time, presumably its folks with a food sensitivity.

Also, wanted to let you know, I got pixie dust today, took over an hour. For our last stretch of this vacation we decided we wanted a deluxe room in WL. We called once a week for 2months and were told no with military rate or AP rate. Online it always said the room was open for AP rate but they said it was not. So today 3 weeks and 1 day out, I asked the lady if they had the room adding one day to it, and she said yes with the AP rate. I said can you email the hotel and ask if we can have it for just the 2 nights to end our honeymoon. Off she went, took her an hour but we got the deluxe room for two nights at the AP rate. I could not cancel to BRV because I would have lost the points, and I did not want to move it which I doubt I could have because that would have cut out a day at the GF. So we are happy that pixie dust fell on us.

This may just be me, because I am not a fan of BC, but I am definately not a fan of BC deluxe rooms. Someone just mad a comment on a walk of 2 minutes to CL from deluxe room at WL, well at BC that is at least 5minutes if you are in the closer deluxe rooms, could be 8 to 10 min if in the further deluxe rooms. And BC CL cm were not that friendly about stocking the room, they said no to stocking drinks, but they also said no when we had three sick people in the room to brining ginger ale, and cookies or crackers. I had to leave the park every few hours to bring crackers and drinks o the kids, they were over 25 but still, as they said maybe they should just go to the lounge and get everyone sick. Even if cm did not want to enter room, they could have left at door. Actually our visit at BC CL was so bad, after 4 days they moved us to CR CL and we had a much better time, but even from there we had to walk 5 or more minutes to get to the lounge.

This may just be me, because I am not a fan of BC, but I am definately not a fan of BC deluxe rooms. Someone just mad a comment on a walk of 2 minutes to CL from deluxe room at WL, well at BC that is at least 5minutes if you are in the closer deluxe rooms, could be 8 to 10 min if in the further deluxe rooms. And BC CL cm were not that friendly about stocking the room, they said no to stocking drinks, but they also said no when we had three sick people in the room to brining ginger ale, and cookies or crackers. I had to leave the park every few hours to bring crackers and drinks o the kids, they were over 25 but still, as they said maybe they should just go to the lounge and get everyone sick. Even if cm did not want to enter room, they could have left at door. Actually our visit at BC CL was so bad, after 4 days they moved us to CR CL and we had a much better time, but even from there we had to walk 5 or more minutes to get to the lounge.
Oh, that would be frustrating. So glad that they moved you!

Ewoks I think I need to talk to you too! We currently have a memorial week stay booked at both YC CL and BWI CL. And we cannot decide! We have stayed YC CL once before but it was a very short trip pre-renovations and have never stayed CL at BWI. We love the YC but we stay there a couple times a year so we were thinking about trying out BWI this time. BUT the pool at the BWI is really putting us off (my kids love stormalong bay). I see from your signature that you have stayed at both YC CL and BWI CL very recently. Can you please tell me what you liked/did not like about them? It looks like from the pictures that the BWI lounge is larger? Is this true? Which lounge did you like better? And which layout (meaning proximity of rooms to the lounge/elevator)? Finally, which food is better? I have seen posts that BWI has a chef preparing in the lounge. Does YC have this? Sorry for soon many questions!

Hey! Yep, I've stayed at both YC and BWI recently so I'll give you my impressions. It was our first trip to both.

Between the two, YC was a clear winner for us. There were several reasons. First, we like the room better. The new refurbs are just fabulous! YC had a more relaxed vibe. The lounge at YC is significantly larger than BWI, and it never really felt crowded at any point. There was always ample seating. The CMs were all friendly and helpful. At YC, the lounge is right off the elevators. One of the things we hated about BWI was the fact that the lounge is down a long winding hallway. It's bizarre. The lounge area is pretty small and oddly laid out, too, so it feels crowded even with only a few families in there.

YC pros:
- Great lounge area with tons of seating and several tables on the balcony
- better rooms -- they're all renovated
- more relaxed atmosphere
- better CM interaction (we found the CMs at BWI were too rushed to interact much, and a few were just plain unhelpful)

BWI pros:
- THE FOOD. It's one of the best CL food experiences on property. I'd go back for the food
- slightly obstructed view of Illuminations from lounge balcony -- at YC you overlook the main entrance and parking lot
- chef preparing food items in the lounge, which YC doesn't have

I hope I answered at least some of your questions!

@GADisneyDad14 i wish I would've known you just went to the CR Tower. You could've warned them we will be there in a few weeks

They might not allow us back after this trip - it's going to be a disaster between my husband not being there and this cheer competition...

Do you remember specific castmembers you interacted with during your last stay?
Same for @Ewoks :)

Our first stay at BC CL I was sure was going to be our last. The lounge was small and full of screaming kids (one was having a tantrum on the floor right by all the breakfast foods and the parents left him there and people were having to step carefully around him if they wanted anything to eat). The lobby was full of people waiting for Cape May and it was a mess. That was a few years ago (maybe 5) and we decided to give it another chance last Spring since since I had seen that they enlarged the lounge and I couldn't get what I wanted at the YC. Well, it was much better on that stay! Plenty of room in the lounge, good food choices, and somehow the lobby never seemed packed like it did on our previous stay. When a child ran into the lounge barefoot and in his swimsuit the CMs ran in after him and gently explained that he needed to put on some shoes. The kids in the lounge were well behaved, too. I guess it's just luck of the draw sometimes. So I wouldn't rule it out if you want to stay put and give it another try, but if you really want to try the YC I could understand that as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter