• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I've been working to resize my photos from last week, I'll try to get to them soon! I might get :duck:on the thread but SL wasn't really my favorite for CL food. There are a few parts of the offerings that shine, but I was overall a bit underwhelmed. Although I remember having some of the same feelings with RPC last year. I think it's more me letting the "idea" of the GF CL's get bigger in my head pre-trip than they really are, so it's more my fault.

Sorry I can't compare YC food options, although the recent pics posted look pretty darn good.

At least that's a good dilemma to have, YC vs GF. Can't really make a wrong choice. :-)

Thank you very much for your honest opinion! I would love to see your pictures if you get them on! We are watching some GF CL videos now on YouTube! Hopefully we'll make a decision soon! I love having my plans set so it's one less thing to worry about!! Thank you again!

Is there a different name for the room than deluxe queen main building, that is what I ask for and they always say deluxe king is available, maybe I'm giving the wrong info for them to look up.

They do not see deluxe queen on their end. If you ask by the internal room code they can easily find it. Ask them to look for category BO. I booked this room last month for late June with no problems.

If you ask for queen deluxe many don't know what that that is. I find it hard to believe there is no availability. Frankly, they have been easier to book in the last year than previously. I have had a harder time booking 2 be main suites though.

I understand the conflict. Personally, since my husband and I are childfree, we've always avoided BC because we always find it to be exactly as your husband stated: chaotic! It's like the Poly of the EPCOT resorts in that sense. We were so pleasantly surprised by the more upscale, "grown-up" vibe of YC, especially with the new renovations on the CL floor. It kinda seemed to us like they're attempting to create a less subtle delineation between BC and YC, with BC being the more young-family-oriented, exciting, bustling resort and YC being more adult-centric, subdued, and elegant. That's just our take, though. YMMV.
I'm leaning towards switching to YC CL because my hubby likes less crowded and more serene atmosphere, I really think the hectic, chaotic lobby at the BC along with Cape May and all the people checking in and out for dining would be more hectic than we'd like. Also those rooms are just beautiful! I really think I'd like it more as well. Also when I stayed at the BC and BWI before, I remember taking the boat to DHS, and the dock is right off the YC Every time we walked by it I was saying to myself how pretty it looked and that I would love to stay there next time! I think it is time to try it out ☺

I have been calling, as I say I called for next March, may and sept. I moved my dates around until I thought the cast member would be upset, every date I try comes up no, eventhis year, I called and every date came up no, I thought it was because I did just 6 months out, but no every 2 queen deluxe was taken, are these rooms that hard to get or do they safe them for something else.
You know it is confusing . Deluxe rooms in the outbuilding, deluxe kings main building. It's a deluxe hotel with queens .. lol!

Maybe ask for a room that sleeps 6?

The deluxe queen, 1br and 2br would only qualify.

Just wanted to throw a post out about the whole 'to-go' alcohol from club level. I am at CR and have very blatantly and obviously taken multiple glasses of wine and beer straight to my room without a word. They even pour its most of the time.

They have the set up for them to pour it all night but after the appetizer time most people just reach over to get their own since a CM doesn't man it all the time.

On a side note, today was a really bad day for us. Woke up at 4 AM to DD(2) coughing on her runny nose and she's been running a fever all day. We had a half day planned for AK so planned on keeping her in the stroller. On the bus over my 4 year old son coughed this horrible sound. I knew what was next I picked him up and cuddled him while he threw up basically all over me and him. Got to AK and told the bus driver who took us right back to CR. He was sick most of the day.

Hoping tomorrow is better.

You know it is confusing . Deluxe rooms in the outbuilding, deluxe kings main building. It's a deluxe hotel with queens .. lol!

Maybe ask for a room that sleeps 6?

The deluxe queen, 1br and 2br would only qualify.

Edited, sorry I misunderstood it was a specialty room. New to this.

Last edited:

ust wanted to throw a post out about the whole 'to-go' alcohol from club level. I am at CR and have very blatantly and obviously taken multiple glasses of wine and beer straight to my room without a word. They even pour its most of the time.

Yep that's definitely the norm at CR. It's awesome. I wish things were more consistent at all CLs! Wine has never been an issue at any CL for us at least (AKL just politely requested it be in a plastic cup, but happily sent many a "glass" out of the lounge with us), but unopened beer is SO hit-or-miss.

I'd like to thank @trishadono, @BlueSkies, and everyone else that responded with their input on GF SL room locations awhile back. I was having a hard time wrapping my head around the SL building and what would be a "good" request. This thread is invaluable for trying to figure stuff like that out from afar, so many years of knowledge / experience!

One thing that's always drawn me to places like Poly and CR CLs is that they are "easy" CLs to figure out in terms of the room requests/options. You pretty much know what you'll get as they are all nearly the same. GF is tougher with the various levels, enclosed balconies, open balconies, turret rooms, dormers, etc. It can kind of make you crazy. :-)

In case helpful to others, I was given Room 6317 which is on the third floor, middle, facing the marina. I had wanted to face the courtyard, but no big deal. The middle has the advantage of no trees since you're over the entryways. But in the future, I'd rather have a room on either of the side hallways, not the middle like this one, to be a bit further away from the atrium noise. It wasn't horrible, but you do hear things.

Third floor.... room 6317...
View attachment 230794

Here was our view left...
View attachment 230795

And here was our view right...love being able to see the monorail. Note, there are some pretty big trees on either sides of this building. I'm not sure the views from anything but the middle rooms would be quite as good?
View attachment 230797

Similar view but from inside the room, roughly the view from the second bed. This room had a full size / open balcony.

View attachment 230799

Another balcony shot in the afternoon sun. You get strong afternoon sun on this side as it's facing west.
View attachment 230800

My favorite feature about the GF is the towel basket.
View attachment 230802

Two foot scrubs, one mouthwash.... what's more important after a long day in the parks? Mousekeeping was very stingy with products here, nothing more than the standard count every day. Often they load us up after the first day without asking, but not here. (Note, I did not ask) No sun/aloe stuff either.
View attachment 230803

We leave the (nice big) TV on this channel all the time....such great music....
View attachment 230805

At places like Poly and CR you can get your room PITCH BLACK which has been helpful for naps for the kiddos. Hard to get the room dark here, the curtains are a different setup. Certainly not the end of the world though.
View attachment 230806

Happy to answer any questions!

GADisneyDad14 Thanks for posting these pics. I'm not seeing any table or chairs on the balcony. Are they there but just not in the photo? I want to sit on the balcony to enjoy some wine.

At AKL cl we were allowed to take alcohol back to the room in plastic cups. We were always taking drinks back every night as our daughter would be asleep by eight and we would sit on the balcony and relax with some appetisers, dessert, wine and beer. I'm hoping they are not going to change this, it's the part of club I love (although am looking forward to the kids being old enough to stay awake so we can actually enjoy drinks in the lounge).

We booked akl cl 499 days out for August 2018, you just have to have the 499 cover your whole trip to departure day, at least that is what the cm told me.

Talking of that booking. I'm now torn and think we perhaps should have booked wl cl. We have done akl before and loved it which is why we booked to go back but have looked at so many wl cl posts I'm thinking we should try that instead? Has anyone been to both and could offer some advice on what the pros and cons were with each. Do you get a good view from your room at wl in club rooms?

Hey guys. So, after some consideration, I'm between YC CL and GF SL. Do you feel one is better than the other? Are there more offerings at GF? I'm torn on whether to stay put at YC and be with our friends or do our own thing and stay at GF. Thanks in advance for your advice!
I would choose YC over SL but RPC over YC. I like the YC lounge much better than SL lounge. I love both resorts. The GF does have more food offerings during the day with afternoon tea, but I like the evening apps at the YC better than GF.

GADisneyDad14 Thanks for posting these pics. I'm not seeing any table or chairs on the balcony. Are they there but just not in the photo? I want to sit on the balcony to enjoy some wine.

Just not in the pics. There are two metal chairs and a small table. Not the most comfortable chairs in the world, but a couple of folded towels make a nice "cushion." :-) I could see some of Wishes from my room, although it's a better view to just walk out to the boat dock or marina.

Just wanted to throw a post out about the whole 'to-go' alcohol from club level. I am at CR and have very blatantly and obviously taken multiple glasses of wine and beer straight to my room without a word. They even pour its most of the time.

They have the set up for them to pour it all night but after the appetizer time most people just reach over to get their own since a CM doesn't man it all the time.

On a side note, today was a really bad day for us. Woke up at 4 AM to DD(2) coughing on her runny nose and she's been running a fever all day. We had a half day planned for AK so planned on keeping her in the stroller. On the bus over my 4 year old son coughed this horrible sound. I knew what was next I picked him up and cuddled him while he threw up basically all over me and him. Got to AK and told the bus driver who took us right back to CR. He was sick most of the day.

Been there/done that with a sick (in the worst way) kid at CR Atrium. Someone a few pages ago posted about a docs on call service if things get too bad. Also the CR CL CMs should be have that info too.

CR has always been one of the more relaxed/chill CLs in my experience. Glad you seem to be enjoying it (other than your sick children).

I would choose YC over SL but RPC over YC. I like the YC lounge much better than SL lounge. I love both resorts. The GF does have more food offerings during the day with afternoon tea, but I like the evening apps at the YC better than GF.

Thanks so much!!

After reading some of the responses yesterday, we talked about what area was important to us, and we both agreed we liked the EPCOT area. We loved that we could easily walk there, and also really enjoy going for a walk around the properties after dinner.

I did go ahead last night and made the upgrade to YC CL :yay:

I'm sure my mind will be spinning and I'll still compare BC and BWI several times!! I think we're most excited about the newly updated rooms at YC, and the kids definitely want to swim in SAB! So right now, I'll stay put. Thanks for all of your help!

So our official dates are 11/26-12/2 YC CL :mickeyjum

Now that we finally settled on YC - can you guys please tell me what floor the CL is on? We booked a standard view room - is the walk far to the lounge? How's the lounge with accommodating allergies? Are the hours posted on page one the same? Do they fully close the lounge during the hour it's down, like WL does? Anything else I should know? LOL thanks so much!!!!! You guys are great :worship:

Now that we finally settled on YC - can you guys please tell me what floor the CL is on? We booked a standard view room - is the walk far to the lounge? How's the lounge with accommodating allergies? Are the hours posted on page one the same? Do they fully close the lounge during the hour it's down, like WL does? Anything else I should know? LOL thanks so much!!!!! You guys are great :worship:

The YC lounge is on the Fifth floor. It does not span the entire resort, just the central part, so the walk to the lounge can be long, but not crazy long since the remote wings don't have a fifth floor.

The hours on page 1 are the hours. They do close down entirely in between (which is a little annoying) but a CM out at the desk can get you a beverage if you need one during the shut down mode.

We have had good experiences with allergy issues. For the evening, there is always a chef who will come out routinely to check things and is happy to discuss options. But we only have sesame allergy to deal with, which is more a process of avoiding things, not needing substitutes. But they were all very helpful and knowledgeable.

Other: Coffee service early is outside from a pump thermos thingy. They have major newspapers out there which is nice. There is a small outdoor area with tables. That's a nice place to grab a drink and apps in the evening depending on the weather. The Nespresso machine is nice in the lounge.

I hope you have a great trip!!

The YC lounge is on the Fifth floor. It does not span the entire resort, just the central part, so the walk to the lounge can be long, but not crazy long since the remote wings don't have a fifth floor.

The hours on page 1 are the hours. They do close down entirely in between (which is a little annoying) but a CM out at the desk can get you a beverage if you need one during the shut down mode.

We have had good experiences with allergy issues. For the evening, there is always a chef who will come out routinely to check things and is happy to discuss options. But we only have sesame allergy to deal with, which is more a process of avoiding things, not needing substitutes. But they were all very helpful and knowledgeable.

Other: Coffee service early is outside from a pump thermos thingy. They have major newspapers out there which is nice. There is a small outdoor area with tables. That's a nice place to grab a drink and apps in the evening depending on the weather. The Nespresso machine is nice in the lounge.

I hope you have a great trip!!

You are a wonderful help, thank you! My poor son has to deal with peanut and eggs, so most desserts are off limits for him. I'm happy they'll be helpful! WL always had those 'allergy free' cookies on hand for him, which he enjoyed!
Is there any specific room area request we should make? Do all CL rooms have balconies? Thanks!!!!

At least that's a good dilemma to have, YC vs GF. Can't really make a wrong choice. :-)

I agree :thumbsup2

I'm sorry about the kids being sick. I hope they are feeling better and today is a better day :flower3:.

After reading some of the responses yesterday, we talked about what area was important to us, and we both agreed we liked the EPCOT area. We loved that we could easily walk there, and also really enjoy going for a walk around the properties after dinner.

I did go ahead last night and made the upgrade to YC CL :yay:
So our official dates are 11/26-12/2 YC CL :mickeyjum

I'm sure you'll have a great time! Enjoy the rest of your planning :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter