Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Sure thing. We are staying Saturday-Wednesday at Poly CL and Wednesday-Saturday AKL CL. We typically spend a good bit of time at the resorts so if anyone has anything specific they want a picture of or question answered just let me know and I'll try my best.
Eeyore81 if you could please let us know the room# you are in at AKL and the convenience to the 6th floor to get to the lounge. Also the view of animals from your room. As many pics of the different foods from the lounge as possible.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have learned a lot from this forum. After looking at the pictures of the CL food and discussing with the husband we decided to cancel the dining plan. That alone took over $1000 off the cost of the trip! Way ridiculous. I kept our evening ADRs as we do like to eat out for the evening. We do breakfast in the CL lounge and possibly lunch too. Maybe some snacks and quick service meals thrown in too if needed. I am so excited for this trip!

Glad you are getting a lot of info, these forums are great with a lot of very knowledgeable posters :).

Enjoy the planning! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Do you let DSS book your ADRs? I am such a control freak and would worry it might get messed up. But I'm thinking it may be a better option than doing it myself.

We will be staying at the Poly and our ADR window doesn't open until November but each day that I'm up early, I go online to do a "pretend" booking for ADRs for whatever is the current available date. Today right at 6:00am EST I checked availability for the three ADRs we will want (CRT breakfast (Akrershus as a back up), TH breakfast and 1900 PF dinner) and not one of them was available at 6:00 on the dot. We do need reservations for 10 people so I even tried smaller groups and until I got down to 2-4 - nothing except Park Fare. So now I am worried that this will be the case for our early May trip. We will be able to book 180+10 so that will help but I was hoping to get 1900 on arrival day so can't really push it to later in the trip. November dates booking now are during free dining so maybe that's why it's busier?

So how does it work if DSS books for you? Do i just give them my dates and choices in advance? How successful have people been at getting what they want with DSS? Thanks for advice.

I agree with GADisneyDad that I would book your own ADRs. I, too, am a control freak but I also enjoy (and look forward to) booking my own ADRs as booking/planning is half the fun for me ::yes::.

Update *live* from WL CL: Got here on time, awesome greeter gave us a tour, room is ready (exactly the one we requested from DSS,) and a CM just handed me a mimosa (no questions asked!) Did I also mention there's sushi on the menu for tonight?? I'm one happy fig... :daisy:

Thanks for posting! Hope you have a great time and enjoy WL CL :goodvibes.

My personal opinion, I'd do your own ADRs. It's not that I don't think DSS will do them correctly, it's just that I suspect the "control freak" part of you will never really be content turning the reigns over to them.

You've been putting a lot of time/effort/research into planning this trip and you have a good idea of what you want / when you want it, so I'd suggest you are the best person to make the ADRs, adjust things on the fly if you can't quite get the times you're looking for etc.

Granted, plenty of people report totally positive "they got me everything I wanted" experiences with DSS, so it can be a valid way to go. But you occasionally do seem to get a negative report around here, so with your special, large, big build-up trip... I wouldn't leave it up to them.

About your "pretend" bookings you've been doing, yes, free dining and getting close to the Thanksgiving window I suspect are totally having an impact. Free dining makes it stupid-hard to get quality ADRs, in my experience. Everybody and their brother is on at their +10 grabbing every ADR in sight. It's nuts.

My hunch is given your time of year (May) along with your +10, you'll be in a very good shape to get the ADRs you're looking for either at or very close to the times you want. Granted I don't have experience with a party as large as 10, but seemingly you'd still be OK I would think.

Good luck!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I will keep fingers crossed and hope for the best on Nov. 5! If we don't get what we want, when we want, it will not be a trip-ruiner:)

I don't think you'll have any trouble, but if there are a few you can't get for the days/times you want, keep checking. People change plans/cancel all the time, so what might not be available at your 180 days might show up later on ;).

Just got back from a DCL cruise and did a AKL CL trip prior to the cruise. 3 nights. I didn't take pictures, but the CL food was amazing, at least compared to other CLs we have been to (CR and WL).

I also thought the CL CMs were friendlier than WL CL CMs and equal or better to than the CR CL CMs (sorry for too many abbreviations).

We liked AKL CL a lot.

My only minor complaints:

- We like to take food back to our room. Staying on floor 4 with the lounge on 6 made that harder.

- I wish they had alcohol out and didn't need to ask every time we wanted a drink. They were happy to provide it whenever asked, but still would be nice to be out.

- The dinner time CL food was always amazing, but I didn't like how they only made and had out 1 at a time. For our family of 4, it was annoying to have to watch them prepare the other 3 and wait for it. I understand not wanting to encourage people skipping meals in lieu of CL and also not wanting to prepare and then waste food, but there has to be a middle ground (and that isn't IMO one at a time).

But overall, it was a great trip and great CL. Friendly CMs, great food choices (desserts at tea time each day, yum!). My kids still nap and the tea time desserts were awesome for us adults. =)

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great cruise and enjoyed AKL :wizard:.

We're doing our first Disney cruise (1st ever cruise actually) in November and will have 1 night prior. We were thinking of using the opportunity to try CL. Never done this before either. Would it be worth it or a waste of money?

Worth is subjective as it's different for everyone, but if you will be spending time at the resort, I think CL is worth the extra cost :).

I appreciate the advice. We'd be arriving around noon and leaving approximately 24 hours later. We would not be going to the parks or anything so looking to enjoy the benefits of whatever hotel we're at.

Budget is fluid currently as the cruise is being funded as my DDs Wish trip.

We were thinking of BWI CL as my bucket list includes staying at each Disney resort and I can't see wanting to stay there longer.

Well, sounds like a valid time to try CL to me! :-) You'd be able to take advantage of afternoon snacks, evening apps, desserts, and then breakfast the next day, if any of those appeal to you.

Although I'm biased towards the monorail resorts for a non-park trip because you can still get a lot of "entertainment" there without being in the park, such as fireworks viewing, the Electrical Water Pageant, etc. You can also monorail hop around to different resorts to expand your options. The lounges at places like Poly, CR, and GF RPC are enjoyable places to hang out and pass the time, with quality views (Poly and CR) or entertainment (GF RPC, listening to the orchestra).

I don't have much experience with the Epcot area resorts, but at BWI you'd have the entertainment from the Boardwalk which is a big plus, but not necessarily any fireworks or TPV viewing options. Generally speaking the lounges at the Epcot resorts don't have great views of anything, to my knowledge. I hear you about staying at BWI for bucket list reasons! :-)

Curious, do you know if your night in November is a MVMCP night? It's fun to watch party fireworks from places like Poly, CR, or GF - they do 180 degree fireworks at certain portions and the out of park viewing is :thumbsup2 in my book.

Sorry, probably more than you asked for. Good luck with the planning!

Eeyore81 if you could please let us know the room# you are in at AKL and the convenience to the 6th floor to get to the lounge. Also the view of animals from your room. As many pics of the different foods from the lounge as possible.

We are staying in a non-DVC CL room so we will be on the 4th floor. We have stayed at AKL many times and never thought it was inconvenient to get to the lounge. Sure it's a longer walk than when we stayed at RPC and the lounge was just a few steps away. We typically request a room away from the lobby, which adds to the walking but we think makes for a better view of the animals. We prefer the Zebra trail because of its convenience to Mara and the pool but a couple of trips ago we stayed on the Kudu trail and had great animal views. Also if you use the stairs Kudu side is convenient to the lounge. We love AKL. We have had some stays better than others. I thought the food on the last few stays had gone a bit downhill so I'm anxious to see if the changes have improved it.

Well apparently our bad luck of flights has taken a new turn - we're still 3+ months from going and United sent an email with a 'schedule change' of 2+ hours going, so instead of getting to Orlando at 8:45 a.m. we're getting in at 10:45 and our ADR for BOG lunch is now likely impossible. :sad2: Not looking forward to seeing what kind of excitement comes our way on flight day. :sad:

Well apparently our bad luck of flights has taken a new turn - we're still 3+ months from going and United sent an email with a 'schedule change' of 2+ hours going, so instead of getting to Orlando at 8:45 a.m. we're getting in at 10:45 and our ADR for BOG lunch is now likely impossible. :sad2: Not looking forward to seeing what kind of excitement comes our way on flight day. :sad:

I'm sorry about the changed flight, it's never fun getting that notification. I hope no more changes take place; or if they do, that it's prior to your flight day so you can plan ahead. We've been pretty lucky over the years as far as flights going as planned, but one year we were delayed about 4 hrs. Our flight was scheduled for 9 am, but didn't take off until around 1:30 pm, with notification of the delay about 45 minutes prior to original flight time so we were already at the airport. We had to cancel a dinner ADR and spend an extra 3-4 hours at the airport just waiting :(.

Do it! This was our first cruise and we loved it. The level of service is insane. I've never experienced anything close to the amazing service on DCL. We thought it might be a one off but now we have been looking at 2018 sailings...

If only they had AP discounts (our reason for so many WDW trips in CL this year). That AP "saves" (costs) us so much money! Haha

Ha ha! yes, getting bitten with a DCL cruise bug is one of my fears as well! LOL They DO look amazing! I think that I just might join you and have a look at 2018 sailings...now all I have to do is convince DH!

Very sad!!! We also have had flights changed and cancelled.:(

It is not a fun way to start the trip, but here's hoping that everything else will be extra special to make up for the slow start!

Haven't stayed at BW since 1999,just booked SV CL and wondered if anyone has a preferred SV room and why. I'd love a peak of YC/BC or boat dock. Do any SV have view of fireworks from balcony? A day bed would be helpful but not necessity. I know it's just a request and not guaranteed, but like to let assigner know what we like in a room. Thanks for your info

Well, sounds like a valid time to try CL to me! :-) You'd be able to take advantage of afternoon snacks, evening apps, desserts, and then breakfast the next day, if any of those appeal to you.

Although I'm biased towards the monorail resorts for a non-park trip because you can still get a lot of "entertainment" there without being in the park, such as fireworks viewing, the Electrical Water Pageant, etc. You can also monorail hop around to different resorts to expand your options. The lounges at places like Poly, CR, and GF RPC are enjoyable places to hang out and pass the time, with quality views (Poly and CR) or entertainment (GF RPC, listening to the orchestra).

I don't have much experience with the Epcot area resorts, but at BWI you'd have the entertainment from the Boardwalk which is a big plus, but not necessarily any fireworks or TPV viewing options. Generally speaking the lounges at the Epcot resorts don't have great views of anything, to my knowledge. I hear you about staying at BWI for bucket list reasons! :-)

Curious, do you know if your night in November is a MVMCP night? It's fun to watch party fireworks from places like Poly, CR, or GF - they do 180 degree fireworks at certain portions and the out of park viewing is :thumbsup2 in my book.

Sorry, probably more than you asked for. Good luck with the planning!

This has actually been super helpful. I'm kinda of thinking GF-TPV now. Same reason as BWI (1 night bucket list). Plus MIL passed in Februaryand it was dream resort so it would be a nice memorial to her. Plus I love the idea of watching the fireworks from the balcony.

We are staying in a non-DVC CL room so we will be on the 4th floor. We have stayed at AKL many times and never thought it was inconvenient to get to the lounge. Sure it's a longer walk than when we stayed at RPC and the lounge was just a few steps away. We typically request a room away from the lobby, which adds to the walking but we think makes for a better view of the animals. We prefer the Zebra trail because of its convenience to Mara and the pool but a couple of trips ago we stayed on the Kudu trail and had great animal views. Also if you use the stairs Kudu side is convenient to the lounge. We love AKL. We have had some stays better than others. I thought the food on the last few stays had gone a bit downhill so I'm anxious to see if the changes have improved it.
I have to admit that I'm still curious about AKL! I hope you have a good experience to share!

Haven't stayed at BW since 1999,just booked SV CL and wondered if anyone has a preferred SV room and why. I'd love a peak of YC/BC or boat dock. Do any SV have view of fireworks from balcony? A day bed would be helpful but not necessity. I know it's just a request and not guaranteed, but like to let assigner know what we like in a room. Thanks for your info

It is my understanding that the view designations for BW have changed this year - previous bookings for CL would have not designated between SV & Water View, but now you choose one or the other when you book. The water view is obviously more expensive - so that's the change, Disney making money off of our preferred view. A SV CL room will be of the quiet pool/garden area, and some rooms do face EPCOT with the potential for fireworks.

Follow Up: I asked something similar earlier in the year & here is the response I got: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-400#post-57193193

United changed ours a few years ago by like 50 minutes. I called and they were able to change our flights to a different time for free. The new flight was more expensive but they didn't charge the difference since they were the ones to change it. It might be worth calling if there is another early flight.

It is my understanding that the view designations for BW have changed this year - previous bookings for CL would have not designated between SV & Water View, but now you choose one or the other when you book. The water view is obviously more expensive - so that's the change, Disney making money off of our preferred view. A SV CL room will be of the quiet pool/garden area, and some rooms do face EPCOT with the potential for fireworks.

Follow Up: I asked something similar earlier in the year & here is the response I got: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-400#post-57193193

We were booked SV CL this past month and were upgraded to a boardwalk view - it was a corner room - room 4261 - loved it and were quite happy with it''s location! It was exciting to have a great view of the boardwalk (we were basically over Flying Fish) and not a far walk to the lounge. :-)

83FCD444-60BF-42B0-B0CA-211A0E60B49A.jpg
We were booked SV CL this past month and were upgraded to a boardwalk view - it was a corner room - room 4261 - loved it and were quite happy with it''s location! It was exciting to have a great view of the boardwalk (we were basically over Flying Fish) and not a far walk to the lounge. :-)
We had a room close to that one in February, and the view was amazing! In fact we enjoyed it so much that we made our upcoming trip that was only going to be RPC a split between BWI BWview CL and RPC...plus we'll get omelettes on Sunday morning! 5 more days!:flower1:

Ugh. That would make me so mad.

This is why up until this trip, I refuse to book ADR's for arrival day because you just never know. I do have reservations for our arrival day this trip, but it's for 4:00 pm and we are scheduled to land at MCO at 9:00 am. That better be a big enough buffer, LOL.

Planning our December trip and I'm trying to decide which resort. The last time we were at the World, we stayed at the Yacht Club hotel (not club level) and loved the pool. We'd like to stay at either Beach or Yacht Club CL - any pros / cons for each? I feel like I remember reading awhile back that one of those resorts was not that great at CL. Historically, our favorite CL resort has been Boardwalk - we've done it numerous times. I just love the set up and the cast members there. We've done AKL and GF, which for us was just OK. TIA I always appreciate this groups' feedback.
We've stayed CL at BC a couple of times and were really underwhelmed. Compared to GF CL (main building), the BC CL is a joke. GF CL (main building) is fantastic. We are trying CR CL next to see how that compares.

The other thing to know about HRH- is true theming. Mostly, the music is fun, but it is sometimes a bit too much. First thing in the morning, I prefer quiet.

I agree about the nonstop music; it was even in the elevators. I wouldn't book that hotel again as I didn't find it relaxing.

Yes, the fantasy. It was a 3 night cruise. We did miss our flights but I'm hoping the DCL insurance will cover the change fees. We enjoyed the extra time on the ship.

They keep only one plated at a time. When I first saw it I asked the attendant (chef?) if that was the last one. He replied they only put out one at a time. And this was at 5:30, near the start of dinner. They did this every night. If you wanted more than one, you had to ask. And the attendant would go missing sometimes for 5-10 mins and with only 1 plates, you would have to wait for their return to get food. Was like this all three nights (14h through 16th, we checked out on the 17th). Writing it all out, it sounds insane. And it is... but they claimed that is how they do it.

Reading that, it does definitively sounds insane. I believe guests were queuing to have a plate, did they? Do you have any pics of this setup?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter