Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

How far (minutes) is from the main pool to the CR CL? We will be there starting on July 24th, and i'm planning a lot of Pool /CL time...lol
As another poster said, the walk is pretty short. Probably the biggest variable is how long you wait for the elevator. It also depends if you are coming from the far side or the close end of the pool. When I timed it, it took us about 6-7minutes.

For us, we tend to visit the pool for about an hour at a time. So we don't tend to try to leave mid-pool visit.

These days, you aren't supposed to enter the lounge in a wet bathing suit. Last summer, for the first time ever, we got a printed list of rules for the CR CL, and this was on the list.

If you are dry, and wearing a cover up, you would be okay. Otherwise, you are supposed to change out of a wet suit before going in the lounge area.

Now we always wear cover-ups in CR, so we DO stop by the lounge on our way OUT to the pool. Before appetizers, there isn't much for food, but you are allowed to bring drinks to the pool. Just not any glass.

then we try to time our return so that we change before the appetizers arrive. After appetizers, we either head to dinner or a park or both.

Last edited:
Hi - We are staying BC CL in August - Garden View and was wondering if any of you would suggest which room to request? we would like to be fairly close to elevators / lounge and have a nice view?

We were in 5633 (if I remember correctly). It was a king room so if you need 2 beds that won't help. We overlooked the back entrance and could see a sideways view of the lake and the BW. It was really close to the lounge and the elevators. We really enjoyed the room!

Would love some pics of Atrium club. We arrive on the 24th for our first stay there. DH thinks we are staying at WLCL. I changed it because his surprise 50th bday trip back in October got ruined by Hurricane Matthew. Just have to keep it a secret for two more weeks!

Here's a dump of pics from Sept 2016. Granted they are starting to get a little old, but I suspect current offerings are somewhat similar.

I have a soft spot in my Disney travel heart for CR CL. CR isn't my favorite resort, but we've really enjoyed our CR CL stays.

PS: Good luck with your surprise!

Attachments

• IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2589.jpg
    IMG_2589.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2590.JPG
    IMG_2590.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2222.JPG
    IMG_2222.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2379.jpg
    IMG_2379.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 23
Does anyone who stayed recently at YC CL know if they are now serving chardonnay wine? The last time I was there they did not while all other CL do.
Josh over at easyWDW.com just did a write up on his stay there last week and did say they don't have Chardonnay. Sorry to disappoint.

Now that they're starting to announce the Food & Wine events - has anyone used DSS to book them? I've had good luck with their help "tweaking" some of the changes I've made in our regular dining reservations, so I'm curious if it's worth emailing them the ticketed events we're interested in...

Now that they're starting to announce the Food & Wine events - has anyone used DSS to book them? I've had good luck with their help "tweaking" some of the changes I've made in our regular dining reservations, so I'm curious if it's worth emailing them the ticketed events we're interested in...

IPO has helped in the past, booking some of the F&WF paid events. Since DSS is only several months old, I don't know that there's a definitive answer.

This would be a great question for someone who's planning to speak with DSS in the next couple days. ;)

IPO has helped in the past, booking some of the F&WF paid events. Since DSS is only several months old, I don't know that there's a definitive answer.

This would be a great question for someone who's planning to speak with DSS in the next couple days. ;)

Ok, I'll bite the bullet and shoot an email. I'll report back (I was just hoping someone knew off of the top of their head.) :rolleyes1

Just returned from our first Poly CL visit. I will give a quick run down from our 2 night stay. We had been staying at BLT for the week prior, so about 5:30am I received a text that our room was ready, score...no sense messing with bell service to transfer the luggage, we just took it over with us. We arrived at Poly about 9, knowing we already had a room available we just walked over to Hawaii longhouse from the parking area. We were greeted and got all our needed info. I reminded the CL CM that we have a Gluten allergy (I had emailed DSS prior) and they told me just to speak to the chef. We headed up to our room, dropped off our bags and headed over to the lounge. We had a garden view room on the third floor overlooking the Oasis pool, so peaceful, especially after a week in the parks! We arrived at the lounge while breakfast was still being served. Spoke with the CM about the gluten free and she couldn't have been more helpful! Offered us bagels and muffins, said she'd have them available each morning for us. Afterwards, we headed to the pool, kids were getting hungry so we ordered GF wings from the Oasis bar, chef even made a special GF sauce, they were yummy!! This was our first GF trip and I have to say some locations were super and were great and some were less than stellar and left me disappointed. We headed back to the lounge for an afternoon snack, which were chicken lettuce wraps and a few other things. Of course they had treats, but none were safe for my kiddos. Again, found a CM and they got them a plate full of cookies. Hubby was in love with the coffee machine, so he didn't care about the cookies. We came back to the lounge on our way to dinner just to see what they had, the GF options were limited to say the least, especially for kids. My girls are adventurous eaters, but this still posed an issue. I spoke with the chef who was plating one bite, little plates (seemed like she was trying to restrict the amount taken, slow to replenish and would only put out a couple at a time with a full lounge). She was probably the least accommodating CM we encountered on this trip, I wasn't sure if I was just expecting more or what, but I was very disappointed. So much so, I went down and talked with the desk, their response was talk to the chef Knowing that we had ADR it wasn't a big deal, but it was disappointing. We came back and watched fireworks (they started early due to a bad storm) and looked over the dessert options. Nothing good for GF, but the CM did give us another plate of cookies. The next day we went down for breakfast, same fare and the lovely CM had muffins and bagels ready to go for us. We popped in later to see if we could grab a light lunch, but today was lettuce wraps with shrimp (I have a shrimp allergy) so that was a no go. We headed to Captain Cook's and was surprised again how accommodating they were for the allergies, which made me disappointed more in the lounge chef. Our final morning, new CM in the lounge and they only had 1 GF bagel and no muffins, so that was kind of a bad way to leave. My kids had fruit and hard boiled eggs, but something else would have been nice. All in all, we loved our Poly stay but do not feel that CL is needed on each trip. For those that aren't GF, I think it would be awesome, for our family it just doesn't work well. I can bring all those things they offered for much less than the CL cost. The lounge was relaxing and the location can't be beat!! Thank you all that suggested Poly, it is a wonderful resort and most CMs were beyond pleasant.

Ok, I'll bite the bullet and shoot an email. I'll report back (I was just hoping someone knew off of the top of their head.) :rolleyes1

Ok - I just heard back from DSS - they will indeed help with booking F&W ticketed events, but the email emphasizes "within their business hours" - which starts at 9 am. Since I'm assuming that the rest of the world is going to start calling/booking at 7 am, that presents a little bit of a conundrum on my end - but for everyone else there's an answer. (I know there are other folks who will be able to book two days earlier, so I'm still worried about missing out on events...)

Will be at WL next week! Yesterday I got a call from a CM who works in the Lounge. He went over all my information, including room request and arrival time. Gave me the mobile number to reach them (call or text). He wanted to make sure any questions I had were answered and was there anything else they could do for me.

Well done, Disney! :thumbsup2

Did you contact DSS during your planning? I am curious if you got this call because of a prior contact with DSS?

I really don't have anything to contact them about and haven't heard from them (we travel in sept). I can't decide on a room request so I am kind of leaning towards just letting the cards fall where they may. Other then switching our afternoon fp for the avatar ride to morning, planning is on cruise control here. I wouldn't mind hearing from the WLCL the week before my trip (considering it will be a crazy week with work and school going back). Ah the price we pay for vacation

Did you contact DSS during your planning? I am curious if you got this call because of a prior contact with DSS?

I really don't have anything to contact them about and haven't heard from them (we travel in sept). I can't decide on a room request so I am kind of leaning towards just letting the cards fall where they may. Other then switching our afternoon fp for the avatar ride to morning, planning is on cruise control here. I wouldn't mind hearing from the WLCL the week before my trip (considering it will be a crazy week with work and school going back). Ah the price we pay for vacation

Yes, DSS called me within 2 days of making the reservation. I thanked the CM and said I would be in touch if there was anything I needed.

I subsequently had a frustrating email exchange with them (regarding room request) and that was my only dealing with them!

Since you mentioned room request: I emailed asking for a "Magic Kingdom View", the email I received back indicated that was not a "view" and that my choices were "woods, pool,......" For the record, that is not correct and my MK View request is now noted in my reservation! :thumbsup2

Ok - I just heard back from DSS - they will indeed help with booking F&W ticketed events, but the email emphasizes "within their business hours" - which starts at 9 am. Since I'm assuming that the rest of the world is going to start calling/booking at 7 am, that presents a little bit of a conundrum on my end - but for everyone else there's an answer. (I know there are other folks who will be able to book two days earlier, so I'm still worried about missing out on events...)

Thank you for reporting back. The 9am starting time is going to be a problem, especially for those events that have very limited availability. :worried:

Yes, DSS called me within 2 days of making the reservation. I thanked the CM and said I would be in touch if there was anything I needed.

I subsequently had a frustrating email exchange with them (regarding room request) and that was my only dealing with them!

Since you mentioned room request: I emailed asking for a "Magic Kingdom View", the email I received back indicated that was not a "view" and that my choices were "woods, pool,......" For the record, that is not correct and my MK View request is now noted in my reservation! :thumbsup2

To be fair, "MK View" is not a room category at WL. When I stayed CL there back in May, I e-mailed DSS and requested "a room which faces toward the Magic Kingdom." My request was granted, and we had a lovely view of the fireworks each night.

To be fair, "MK View" is not a room category at WL. When I stayed CL there back in May, I e-mailed DSS and requested "a room which faces toward the Magic Kingdom." My request was granted, and we had a lovely view of the fireworks each night.

Right, but the email reply was for the bookable (non-CL) categories. I already had the room category booked. :confused3

I'm sure this CM was new because that's exactly what I requested (room where I might see MK) and she told me flat out that could not be requested. I challenged her reply and she did eventually put that as the room request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter