Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Of course, the important part. Beverages!

Beer is upon request during the day and self-serve from the fridge during the evenings. Yuengling, Bud Light, Heineken, and Sam Adams. Honestly, was sort of hoping for something a bit more unique / fitting with the theme (although not sure what that would be).

But BWI is a wine lovers paradise. Lots of options! Self serve during evening apps.
Wine Station.jpg

Monastrell (not quite sure what that is)...
Wine_Monastrell.jpg

Cab....
Wine-Cab.jpg

Pinot Noir...
Wine-Pinot Noir.jpg

Dessert cordials....
IMG_4861.jpg

Soda fridge nicely stocked all day.
Fridge-Sodas.jpg

Other fridge during breakfast / during the day. Became the beer fridge at night.
Fridge-Breakfast.jpg

Beverage Station.jpg

They do this really weird cold-brew coffee thing here. It's delicious, but takes several hours to brew! Once that little pitcher is out, you'll be waiting awhile for more. :-)
Iced Coffee.jpg

Standard issue Nescafe machine.
Nescafe Machine.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I have a MAJOR FAIL when it comes to evening apps. This is absolutely the shining star of BWI CL but we were really only around one night. I guess that gives me a reason to go back!

Meat selection.
View attachment 305144

Really, really good clam chowder.
View attachment 305145

Small plates are nicely sized. Not too big, not too small (looking at you Poly).
View attachment 305146

This was a meatball and pasta.
View attachment 305147

Scallops. Ok, of course, they were awesome. But to nit-pick - the ventilation for the cooking in the lounge is terrible. You may walk out smelling like what you're eating.
View attachment 305148

More of the scallops. These are cooked right there in the lounge.
View attachment 305149

View attachment 305150 View attachment 305151
I have to agree with you there! The ventilation is non existent in the lounge and you can really smell what is cooking. The first night of our trip a couple of years ago when they first started with the chief in the evenings we walked out of our room, which was located just across from the lounge, and were almost knocked over by the smell of garlic coming from the lounge. When we walked into the lounge the CM were opening up the doors to the balconies trying to air out the room a bit. I heard a few comments from the CM's on how this hadn't been thought out very well! Sounds like that hasn't changed at all.

Last few BWI pics.

Took a stroll this morning around the grounds. I have to admit, these garden cottages look really cool. In retrospect, I think for an adults only weekend, this would have been the better option for us.
Garden Cottages.jpg

The top floor is the lounge. Do they ever use the patio at all?
Lounge from Outside.jpg

The best name for a fitness center at any WDW resort. It looked really nice and well-stocked with equipment.
Muscles & Bustles.jpg

Only kind of creepy in the calm peace of the morning...
Pool.jpg

We only spent a few hours at the pool, but this was a nice pool bar setup for Disney standards.
Leaping Horse Libations.jpg

Pretty weak pool hours though. It was unseasonably warm, but still...
Pool Hours.jpg

Of course, the important part. Beverages!

Beer is upon request during the day and self-serve from the fridge during the evenings. Yueigling, Bud Light, Heineken, and Sam Adams. Honestly, was sort of hoping for something a bit more unique / fitting with the theme (although honestly not sure what that would be).

But BWI is a wine lovers paradise. Lots of options! Self serve during evening apps.
View attachment 305152

Monastrell (not quite sure what that is)...
View attachment 305153

Cab....
View attachment 305154

Pinot Noir...
View attachment 305155

Dessert cordials....
View attachment 305156

Soda fridge nicely stocked all day.
View attachment 305158

Other fridge during breakfast / during the day. Became the beer fridge at night.
View attachment 305159

View attachment 305160

They do this really weird cold-brew coffee thing here. It's delicious, but takes several hours to brew! Once that little pitcher is out, you'll be waiting awhile for more. :-)
View attachment 305161

Standard issue Nescafe machine.
View attachment 305163
This whole area were the ice tea and ice coffee are, used to be were the always manned CM desk used to be. It was always so nice to be able to ask a question or pay your bill and have it printed out why we were having breakfast. When they added the rooms outside of the Innkeeper's doors to CL they found out that they needed more room in the lounge so that desk was removed. I have heard a lot of grumbling about the little desk outside the lounge area that serves no real purpose and really whish they would set it back to the way it was, but that is never going to happen. At one time there was talk of expanding the lounge but with cut back's that is probably not going to happen either.

GADisneyDad14 Thank you so much for the great update and photo's of the BWI CL. We haven't been there since Dec. 2016 so I see they have had some changes but we are really looking forward to returning this weekend. Loved all the pictures and I know how much time goes into doing all this for all of us Diser's so thank you again.:)

Kudos GADisneyDad14. Those were some amazing pictures of the resort/club level we call home. Thank you for sharing your trip with all of us. BWI is such a great club level for couples to not only enjoy the magic of Disney, but to also enjoy spending time as a couple. DH and myself are looking so forward to our trip back this to the Boardwalk in May and to also experience the magic of RPC at the Grand Floridian. :daisy:

This is TLDR, so forgive me. My final random thoughts on BWI CL....
  • Overall, we enjoyed the weekend. We were glad to try something new, we needed to branch out from the MK resorts anyway. Walking to Epcot and HS was a totally new feeling - loved that part.
  • The food is stellar. Artfully prepared, nice options. The chef-made evening apps are a real stand-out amenity compared to other CLs.
  • I wish we could have had more time to meet some of the CMs that are so loved around here. We met some briefly, but didn't have a ton of lounge time with a shorter trip. I think our timing was bad - the times we did have more lounge time, the CMs (not any names I see mentioned here) were kind of duds.
  • Not sure if we really love the BWI theming. It's OK, it just doesn't personally appeal to us as much as some other resorts.
  • Room size was really small at first, but it became very livable as we settled in. With just two of us, I should have looked into my options for requesting a king instead of two queens (not even sure if that's an option with my room type). That was a miss on my part.
  • I think we would have preferred a garden view. While it's fun to look out at the Boardwalk, we did find it a bit noisy. Not a ton, but at times you know there is entertainment going on outside. Or maintenance carts rolling by at 6AM. This observation was probably magnified by the stresses of a race weekend where sleep is more of a focus.
  • The daily itinerary under the door at night is a nice touch.
  • Things like convenience to pools / the lounge mean something to us. While it took some getting used to, the setup and layout of the floor/resort worked pretty well for us in this regard. In many ways being 'outside the doors' saved some time getting around.
  • Had prompt Mousekeeping every day with incredibly friendly staff in the halls. Turndown service was really late last night - after 9PM (that's late in our world, might not be for others). Other nights were fine or we were out and missed it.
  • Not CL related, but we had a wonderful date night meal at Flying Fish. Probably one of our favorite Disney restaurant dining experiences in awhile.
And if you'll forgive me again, here's where I'm going to get a bit negative and give some low marks:

Check In

I've given up on the Disney check-in experience being anything special, but this one was especially bad. Probably the worst I've had in years. We arrived, no one around but bell staff - ok, no big deal. Walk inside to front desk. Long line, only two people checking people in. 10 minutes go by, still in line.

I debate whether to just go upstairs to the fourth floor or not. Debate, wait, repeat.

Finally decided to go upstairs, and actually get the room ready text as we're waiting for the elevator. Dropped stuff off in the room and went to the CL CM desk by the door. Someone was already there, so we just sort of hung around (note, there's nowhere to hang around).

They finally finish up and we sit down... "hi, we got the room ready text but it's our first time here so just wanted to check-in...." CM looked at us like we were speaking French. He could not understand why we wanted to check-in if we already got the text. Like really dumbfounded. I had to PRY the CL info page out of him, at which point he finally started to give an overview of the lounge, times, etc. We were celebrating a big event and I had to ask for my own button (ok, I know that sounds whiny/entitled... I don't mean it to be, but still).

There was just nothing "guest service" about the whole process.

Later in the trip I frequently saw an older gentleman greeter out front appear to walk people up to the lounge or the CL desk. He was not there when we arrived, nor was any other greeter. Did I miss something?

Lounge Size
The lounge is small. In our limited three day experience, it really felt like the room to lounge ratio is off - there are just too many CL guests. CMs were constantly busy.... we had difficulty finding a seat on more than one occasion... things seemed maxed out. Maybe it was just our timing, I don't know. The "peaceful lounge" moment was a bit elusive for us this trip (in fairness, this can happen anywhere). Maybe just a busy weekend.

No Coffee Before 7AM
The lounge doors don't open until 7AM. At many others they put coffee out well before 7AM. I'm an early riser - I missed that offering.

Lounge Ventilation
If your room is behind the doors - you pretty much know exactly what is cooking. The smell lingers a very long time. I don't know about the rooms themselves, but the hallway behind the doors almost always had a very strong cooking smell going on.

So that's my full run down. So glad I got a chance to experience BWI CL and I do look forward to trying it again for certain trip types.

Thanks for putting up with all the photos and long text!

Last edited:
:tongue:
  • Overall, we enjoyed the weekend. We were glad to try something new, we needed to branch out from the MK resorts anyway. Walking to Epcot and HS was a totally new feeling - loved that part.
  • The food is stellar. Artfully prepared, nice options. The chef-made evening apps are a real stand-out amenity compared to other CLs.
  • I wish we could have had more time to meet some of the CMs that are so loved around here. We met some briefly, but didn't have a ton of lounge time with a shorter trip. I think our timing was bad - the times we did have more lounge time, the CMs (not any names I see mentioned here) were kind of duds.
  • Not sure if we really love the BWI theming. It's OK, it just doesn't personally appeal to us as much as some other resorts.
  • Room size was really small at first, but it became very livable as we settled in. With just two of us, I should have looked into my options for requesting a king instead of two queens (not even sure if that's an option with my room type). That was a miss on my part.
  • I think we would have preferred a garden view. While it's fun to look out at the Boardwalk, we did find it a bit noisy. Not a ton, but at times you know there is entertainment going on outside. Or maintenance carts rolling by at 6AM. This observation was probably magnified by the stresses of a race weekend where sleep is more of a focus.
  • Things like convenience to pools / the lounge mean something to us. While it took some getting used to, the setup and layout of the floor/resort worked pretty well for us in this regard. In many ways being 'outside the doors' saved some time getting around.
  • Had prompt Mousekeeping every day with incredibly friendly staff in the halls. Turndown service was really late last night - after 9PM (that's late in our world, might not be for others). Other nights were fine or we were out and missed it.
  • Not CL related, but we had a wonderful date night meal at Flying Fish. Probably one of our favorite Disney restaurant dining experiences in awhile.
And if you'll forgive me again, here's where I'm going to get a bit negative and give some low marks:

Check In

I've given up on the Disney check-in experience being anything special, but this one was especially bad. Probably the worst I've had in years. We arrived, no one around but bell staff - ok, no big deal. Walk inside to front desk. Long line, only two people checking people in. 10 minutes go by, still in line.

I debate whether to just go upstairs to the fourth floor or not. Debate, wait, repeat.

Finally decided to go upstairs, and actually get the room ready text as we're waiting for the elevator. Dropped stuff off in the room and went to the CL CM desk by the door. Someone was already there, so we just sort of hung around (note, there's nowhere to hang around).

They finally finish up and we sit down... "hi, we got the room ready text but it's our first time here so just wanted to check-in...." CM looked at us like we were speaking French. He could not understand why we wanted to check-in if we already got the text. Like really dumbfounded. I had to PRY the CL info page out of him, at which point he finally started to give an overview of the lounge, times, etc. We were celebrating a big event and I had to ask for my own button (ok, I know that sounds whiny/entitled... I don't mean it to be, but still).

Later in the trip I frequently saw an older gentleman greeter out front appear to walk people up to the lounge or the CL desk. He was not there when we arrived, nor was any other greeter. Did I miss something?

Lounge Size
The lounge is small. In our limited three day experience, it really felt like the room to lounge ratio is off - there are just too many CL guests. CMs were constantly busy.... we had difficulty finding a seat on more than one occasion... things seemed maxed out. Maybe it was just our timing, I don't know. The "peaceful lounge" moment was a bit elusive for us this trip (in fairness, this can happen anywhere). Maybe just a busy weekend.

No Coffee Before 7AM
The lounge doors don't open until 7AM. At many others they put coffee out well before 7AM. I'm an early riser - I missed that offering.

Lounge Ventilation
If your room is behind the doors - you pretty much know exactly what is cooking. The smell lingers a very long time. I don't know about the rooms themselves, but the hallway behind the doors almost always had a very strong cooking smell going on.

So that's my full run down. So glad I got a chance to experience BWI CL and I do look forward to trying it again for certain trip types.

@GADisneyDad14
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on BWI.
Regarding the coffee, I am a bit upset to hear that CL does not serve coffee before 7am. Other than the Keurig in the room, is there anywhere in BWI to get a cup of Joe in the morning, like 6am??

About the check-in experience, perhaps I always travel with my two young kids, I am okay to skip the line and tote my kids right towards the room if it is ready. We went to Universal Studios last summer and we had to wait in line to check in. My very un-Disney DH said he wished the hotel would let us go to the room directly like Disney does. :tongue: But I agree with you that having a CM to show you the lounge and guide you through on the first day is a nice start to the stay.

My family stayed at the Portofino Bay CL at Universal Studios last summer. That was our first CL experience and it was wonderful. I have been warned by others not to get my hopes up on a CL stay at Disney as it wouldn't be as good........ I am wishing for some pixie dust...pixiedust:

:tongue:

@GADisneyDad14
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on BWI.
Regarding the coffee, I am a bit upset to hear that CL does not serve coffee before 7am. Other than the Keurig in the room, is there anywhere in BWI to get a cup of Joe in the morning, like 6am??

About the check-in experience, perhaps I always travel with my two young kids, I am okay to skip the line and tote my kids right towards the room if it is ready. We went to Universal Studios last summer and we had to wait in line to check in. My very un-Disney DH said he wished the hotel would let us go to the room directly like Disney does. :tongue: But I agree with you that having a CM to show you the lounge and guide you through on the first day is a nice start to the stay.

My family stayed at the Portofino Bay CL at Universal Studios last summer. That was our first CL experience and it was wonderful. I have been warned by others not to get my hopes up on a CL stay at Disney as it wouldn't be as good........ I am wishing for some pixie dust...pixiedust:
I love the CL at BWI! It has been my family's happy place for many years now. With that said the Portofino Bay's CL is better in many ways. We have stayed there I think 4 times now and the food offering's are better at PB with the exception of the mid-day offerings and the CM in the evening are very generous with the wine often walking to your table to refill my glass. The rooms are also much bigger at PB but are spread out in the Villa section away from the lounge area. I love both places but the feel is different at each one if you know what I mean.

We will be arriving this weekend for the F&G

Hope you have a great time! :)

I am very looking forward to my stay at BWI CL this summer.

I hope you have a great time! I am trying BWI CL for the first time this spring and I can't wait. BWI CL has been on my list to try, so I'm very excited to be heading there soon :).

DH and myself are looking so forward to our trip back this to the Boardwalk in May and to also experience the magic of RPC at the Grand Floridian. :daisy:

What a great split, best of both worlds! I love RPC and I'm looking forward to seeing how BWI CL compares. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

My final random thoughts on BWI CL....

Thanks for your detailed review and for sharing all of your great pics. I'm looking forward to my stay this spring :D.

Last edited:

Check In

Lounge Size

No Coffee Before 7AM

Lounge Ventilation

Thank you very much for the details! We are staying for the first time in Oct. can you tell me where the lounge is on the 4th floor? Is it kit he middle of tha hall or towards the end? Thanks again!

Other than the Keurig in the room, is there anywhere in BWI to get a cup of Joe in the morning, like 6am??

The BWI pros can chime in here to correct me, but I don't 'think' so? They set up coffee and a light breakfast in the Bellevue Lounge downstairs, but I don't think it opens before 7AM (I'm not 100% sure about that). Again, hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in. :-)

Kudos GADisneyDad14. Those were some amazing pictures of the resort/club level we call home. Thank you for sharing your trip with all of us. BWI is such a great club level for couples to not only enjoy the magic of Disney, but to also enjoy spending time as a couple. DH and myself are looking so forward to our trip back this to the Boardwalk in May and to also experience the magic of RPC at the Grand Floridian. :daisy:
ITA!! My DH and I love the BWI for this reason..just feels a bit more "adult" but you always feel like you're still in the middle of the "magic". We check in next weekend and time is now crawling!!!

@GADisneyDad14 I wonder if the older gentleman you noticed later in your trip who appeared to be walking people to the lounge was Pete? He was the one that found us in the lounge on our check-in day and said he had been waiting for us all day, had a packet for us, and wanted to check our wristbands to be sure they worked on that door in the hall. I could tell he was one of the good ones who has resisted CL changes/cutbacks.

Thanks for taking the time to post ALL of those pictures and detailed info! Food looks fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter