Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

3) A friend SWEARS that by calling signature within the 90 day mark they will book your regular fast passes for you ahead, even without purchasing the extra FP deal. I am still over 100 days out (ish) so I can't check yet I think. She says she got both FOP and Na'vi too this way. Anyone else do this? Anyone else want to try?

Ok just tried this: it was a hard 'no'.

My first mistake was that I tried to book at my 90 day arrival date. I was told that the paid FP are bookable at your 90 day departure date. I guess I didn't read GADisneyDad14's tutorial completely. I do skim...

Then she told me that I could only book the free FP if I purchased the paid FP. So if your friend has any tips, I would like to know!

Last few BWI pics.

Took a stroll this morning around the grounds. I have to admit, these garden cottages look really cool. In retrospect, I think for an adults only weekend, this would have been the better option for us.
View attachment 305176

Your pictures are awesome and made me excited for our adults-only trip at BWI CL (with one night at AKL CL to try it) in April! I'll put in a plug for the garden cottages- we like to stay in garden cottage 1201 which you'll notice is right next to the little alcove with the ice machine. That way you can use the back staircase to get to the 4th floor lounge. We really love the garden cottages for a little peace and quiet for a weekend away from the kids! It's also near the quiet pool. Worth a try!!

I love being on the Boardwalk with easy access to nightlife for an adults' trip. But I have to agree with you that with little kids, there's nothing like a stay at the Poly CL! :)

Thanks for the trip report. I agree, I would like to try an Epcot resort for an adults only trip sometime just because I feel like we might actually get to enjoy Epcot. I don't know if I would would pay for CL at BWI especially since we 1. hit the 6:30 coffee 2. hit the desserts. Plus hopefully enjoying Epcot means more time eating there.
That pool.........IDK, maybe in person it isn't so ......odd....

Has anyone had a recent stay at the BC? If so, could you give me an idea of what appetizers were offered in the evenings? Thank you!!

My family stayed at the Portofino Bay CL at Universal Studios last summer. That was our first CL experience and it was wonderful. I have been warned by others not to get my hopes up on a CL stay at Disney as it wouldn't be as good...

We stayed at PB CL For two nights before going on to Disney. I also thought it was very good, I would say better than Disney in terms of food and room accommodations. That being said, my (older) kids still wanted to leave early the next morning to get to Disney.

Lounge Size
The lounge is small. In our limited three day experience, it really felt like the room to lounge ratio is off - there are just too many CL guests. CMs were constantly busy.... we had difficulty finding a seat on more than one occasion... things seemed maxed out. Maybe it was just our timing, I don't know. The "peaceful lounge" moment was a bit elusive for us this trip (in fairness, this can happen anywhere). Maybe just a busy weekend.

No Coffee Before 7AM
The lounge doors don't open until 7AM. At many others they put coffee out well before 7AM. I'm an early riser - I missed that offering.

Lounge Ventilation
If your room is behind the doors - you pretty much know exactly what is cooking. The smell lingers a very long time. I don't know about the rooms themselves, but the hallway behind the doors almost always had a very strong cooking smell going on.

So that's my full run down. So glad I got a chance to experience BWI CL and I do look forward to trying it again for certain trip types.

Thanks for putting up with all the photos and long text!

I think that the marathon added to the lounge crowding. It was the same way when we stayed at Poly: dead at the beginning of the week, then the lounge got crowded from Thursday on. Interesting about the ventilation, that would bother me. CM's: people rave about the BWI CMs but I thought they were average. The nicest overall staff I have dealt with is POFQ.

The BWI pros can chime in here to correct me, but I don't 'think' so? They set up coffee and a light breakfast in the Bellevue Lounge downstairs, but I don't think it opens before 7AM (I'm not 100% sure about that). Again, hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in. :-)
If I remember correctly, the only place to get coffee before 7am was from the Boardwalk Bakery. I’m not sure if that has changed and I haven’t looked at their hours lately.

Im going to circle back around to this and let you know. I thought it seemed weird.

The CM did offer to take my free FP requests and that someone would get them for me at 60 days, but they start at 9am, which is two hours after everyone else has been booking their FPs.

She was kind of confusing about it. She said, I can take them down now and book them at 60 days. I said, 'will you definitely be able to get them all?' and she admitted, 'you would have a better chance if you did it yourself'.

Last edited:
#GADISNEYDAD14 -great pics of BWI! Hope your DW had a great time doing the princess half marathon!

Since everybody here loves CL at WDW.....has anybody stayed at Disneyland paradise pier hotel CL? Headed out there on Sunday for a girls trip to check out the food and wine festival at California Adventure and having tried out CL at Grand California I decided to hotel hop and try another property. TIA!:wave:

Also I would love to hear any recent reviews and/or pictures for the YC lounge. We're ending our trip there and although we have stayed at YC twice before, we have yet to experience it's club level. We have a lagoon view booked, and I sure hope that it ends up being close to the lounge. :) Good Gracious if my vacation doesn't hurry up and get here, Im likely to burst!LOL

@GADisneyDad14 Thank you so much for your very thorough report of the BWI CL. Perfect pictures. I agree there are some parts of the BWI that I would love to change but overall it is our favorite for CMs and food. We do not like the check in area either. If another guest is there - there really is nowhere to wait. We just feel the CMs go out of there way to remember people and ask about their day. We do usually stay a week and it does make a difference to see if you like it. When we first stayed at the Poly CL it was for 3 days and had such bad CM interactions and didn't want to go back. That did change when we spent a week there. When we were at the BWI CL there was a manager, Denny, out most days and kept checking on everyone. He was such a nice guy.

I agree about the desserts - we only made desserts 1 or 2 nights - we are usually not back by then - but they weren't anything special - although the kids loved the cookies. That set up outside the lounge is always there with fruit - it is a nice to have additional seating.

Thanks again - the pictures really make me want to go back soon! :thanks:

#GADISNEYDAD14 -great pics of BWI! Hope your DW had a great time doing the princess half marathon!

Since everybody here loves CL at WDW.....has anybody stayed at Disneyland paradise pier hotel CL? Headed out there on Sunday for a girls trip to check out the food and wine festival at California Adventure and having tried out CL at Grand California I decided to hotel hop and try another property. TIA!:wave:
I have done only dlh and gch. Pinch of pixie dust/emma did a nice vlog on it however . Ill go look for it

HERE:

http://www.apinchofpixiedust.com/2014/05/disneylands-paradise-pier-hotel-club.html

@GADisneyDad14 Thank you so much for your very thorough report of the BWI CL. Perfect pictures. I agree there are some parts of the BWI that I would love to change but overall it is our favorite for CMs and food. We do not like the check in area either. If another guest is there - there really is nowhere to wait. We just feel the CMs go out of there way to remember people and ask about their day. We do usually stay a week and it does make a difference to see if you like it. When we first stayed at the Poly CL it was for 3 days and had such bad CM interactions and didn't want to go back. That did change when we spent a week there. When we were at the BWI CL there was a manager, Denny, out most days and kept checking on everyone. He was such a nice guy.

I agree about the desserts - we only made desserts 1 or 2 nights - we are usually not back by then - but they weren't anything special - although the kids loved the cookies. That set up outside the lounge is always there with fruit - it is a nice to have additional seating.

Thanks again - the pictures really make me want to go back soon! :thanks:

Yeah, I fully concede that three nights is not enough to truly judge a resort or CL... so much so I almost didn’t even post a review. I think you need a longer stay, if not multiple trips, to experience the ‘full package.’ And maybe not a busy runDisney weekend either. ;-)

I guess this means I will just have to go back sometime soon. I could maybe get used to being able to walk to Epcot on a whim! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the note!

This is TLDR, so forgive me. My final random thoughts on BWI CL....
  • Overall, we enjoyed the weekend. We were glad to try something new, we needed to branch out from the MK resorts anyway. Walking to Epcot and HS was a totally new feeling - loved that part.
  • The food is stellar. Artfully prepared, nice options. The chef-made evening apps are a real stand-out amenity compared to other CLs.
  • I wish we could have had more time to meet some of the CMs that are so loved around here. We met some briefly, but didn't have a ton of lounge time with a shorter trip. I think our timing was bad - the times we did have more lounge time, the CMs (not any names I see mentioned here) were kind of duds.
  • Not sure if we really love the BWI theming. It's OK, it just doesn't personally appeal to us as much as some other resorts.
  • Room size was really small at first, but it became very livable as we settled in. With just two of us, I should have looked into my options for requesting a king instead of two queens (not even sure if that's an option with my room type). That was a miss on my part.
  • I think we would have preferred a garden view. While it's fun to look out at the Boardwalk, we did find it a bit noisy. Not a ton, but at times you know there is entertainment going on outside. Or maintenance carts rolling by at 6AM. This observation was probably magnified by the stresses of a race weekend where sleep is more of a focus.
  • The daily itinerary under the door at night is a nice touch.
  • Things like convenience to pools / the lounge mean something to us. While it took some getting used to, the setup and layout of the floor/resort worked pretty well for us in this regard. In many ways being 'outside the doors' saved some time getting around.
  • Had prompt Mousekeeping every day with incredibly friendly staff in the halls. Turndown service was really late last night - after 9PM (that's late in our world, might not be for others). Other nights were fine or we were out and missed it.
  • Not CL related, but we had a wonderful date night meal at Flying Fish. Probably one of our favorite Disney restaurant dining experiences in awhile.
And if you'll forgive me again, here's where I'm going to get a bit negative and give some low marks:

Check In

I've given up on the Disney check-in experience being anything special, but this one was especially bad. Probably the worst I've had in years. We arrived, no one around but bell staff - ok, no big deal. Walk inside to front desk. Long line, only two people checking people in. 10 minutes go by, still in line.

I debate whether to just go upstairs to the fourth floor or not. Debate, wait, repeat.

Finally decided to go upstairs, and actually get the room ready text as we're waiting for the elevator. Dropped stuff off in the room and went to the CL CM desk by the door. Someone was already there, so we just sort of hung around (note, there's nowhere to hang around).

They finally finish up and we sit down... "hi, we got the room ready text but it's our first time here so just wanted to check-in...." CM looked at us like we were speaking French. He could not understand why we wanted to check-in if we already got the text. Like really dumbfounded. I had to PRY the CL info page out of him, at which point he finally started to give an overview of the lounge, times, etc. We were celebrating a big event and I had to ask for my own button (ok, I know that sounds whiny/entitled... I don't mean it to be, but still).

There was just nothing "guest service" about the whole process.

Later in the trip I frequently saw an older gentleman greeter out front appear to walk people up to the lounge or the CL desk. He was not there when we arrived, nor was any other greeter. Did I miss something?

Lounge Size
The lounge is small. In our limited three day experience, it really felt like the room to lounge ratio is off - there are just too many CL guests. CMs were constantly busy.... we had difficulty finding a seat on more than one occasion... things seemed maxed out. Maybe it was just our timing, I don't know. The "peaceful lounge" moment was a bit elusive for us this trip (in fairness, this can happen anywhere). Maybe just a busy weekend.

No Coffee Before 7AM
The lounge doors don't open until 7AM. At many others they put coffee out well before 7AM. I'm an early riser - I missed that offering.

Lounge Ventilation
If your room is behind the doors - you pretty much know exactly what is cooking. The smell lingers a very long time. I don't know about the rooms themselves, but the hallway behind the doors almost always had a very strong cooking smell going on.

So that's my full run down. So glad I got a chance to experience BWI CL and I do look forward to trying it again for certain trip types.

Thanks for putting up with all the photos and long text!
This is why I love reading your reviews, you don't sugar coat it and say everything was wonderful! You give both the positives and the negatives.

Disney CL check-in is now just a complete joke and it's the thing that upset's me the most about the CL changes. In the early 90's when we first started doing Disney CL the magic would start when you arrived at the hotel and were greeted by name by a CM and whisked up stairs through the lobby crowds in the "private" elevator (We mostly stayed at the RPC at the GF then). We would get a brief showing of the lounge food that was available at that time why checking in or I think once we were checked in in our room. It just had that special touch. Now we mostly just go to our room if it is available.

Coffee only after 7AM is a bit of a bummer. I know in years past that you could start getting coffee at 6:30AM and food was out at 7AM. Our visit in Dec 2016 my niece and her husband spent one night with us in a deluxe room and had an early morning flight out (they left the hotel at 7am) and the staff had all the food out at 6:30am but that was for the big wigs that were staying there that week, not just us.

The lounge always felt like the perfect size for many years, so of course Disney had to go and ruin it by adding I think 10 more rooms to the CL floor! Though to be honest we have never had a problem finding seats. Part of that may be because there is just the two of us and part because we are early risers and are having breakfast around 7.

I have never stayed in one of the Garden Cottages but my son and his girlfriend really enjoyed them. The BWI does have a quiet pool and hot tub and that is the pool we always use. The back fire stairway takes you right down to it and I have never seen more than a few other guests there. Many times we are the only ones. This pool has a fence around it now but the gate is never locked and we have often had a late night swim. My son said they enjoyed the hot tub one late evening last December and being in a Garden Cottage it was just a short stroll outside their door.

Over all I think the BWI CL is perfect for adults with the short walk to EPCOT and a little longer walk to the HS and the more adult feel to it.

Yeah, I fully concede that three nights is not enough to truly judge a resort or CL... so much so I almost didn’t even post a review. I think you need a longer stay, if not multiple trips, to experience the ‘full package.’ And maybe not a busy runDisney weekend either. ;-)

I guess this means I will just have to go back sometime soon.
Your willingness to sacrifice yourself in the service of this thread is admirable. :rotfl2:

All kidding aside, I really and truly appreciate your thoughtful reviews and commentaries. Thanks for these updates and pics!!!

GADisneyDad14, thank you So much for the review and photos!! We check in this weekend for our first CL stay and first time at BWI. Everything you posted is so helpful. I have a question - Is the lounge locked during the off hours? So, no coffee before 7am, does that mean the lounge is locked before 7am? What about between 10:30 & 11:30 / 4:00 & 5:00 / 7:00 & 8:00? Is the lounge locked between the service times, if not, is it staffed at all? I keep hearing wine/beer is available on request when not out for the 5-7 food service, but what about during these windows? TIA, can't wait to get there!

GADisneyDad14, thank you So much for the review and photos!! We check in this weekend for our first CL stay and first time at BWI. Everything you posted is so helpful. I have a question - Is the lounge locked during the off hours? So, no coffee before 7am, does that mean the lounge is locked before 7am? What about between 10:30 & 11:30 / 4:00 & 5:00 / 7:00 & 8:00? Is the lounge locked between the service times, if not, is it staffed at all? I keep hearing wine/beer is available on request when not out for the 5-7 food service, but what about during these windows? TIA, can't wait to get there!

Thanks for the note!

I’m not sure I was ever there in between services like that, but I don’t ‘think’ the doors closed between services. They were definitely closed over night - but I don’t think they were during the day. Hopefully some of the BWI pros know for sure. :-)

Usually at most CLs there are CMs ‘around’ in between services cleaning, setting up, etc - so there’s usually someone to ask for a beverage. At BWI, the kitchen/CM area is pretty much right off the lounge entrance, so they’re always coming in/out.

Hope you have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter