Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Also I would love to hear any recent reviews and/or pictures for the YC lounge. We're ending our trip there and although we have stayed at YC twice before, we have yet to experience it's club level. We have a lagoon view booked, and I sure hope that it ends up being close to the lounge. :) Good Gracious if my vacation doesn't hurry up and get here, Im likely to burst!LOL

YC CL water view rooms are our favorite rooms on property after GF RPC. For pictures, check out page 1 of the Y & B thread. Dee has lots of info & pictures all up to date there. Have you stayed since the remodel? If not, you will be in for a treat. The rooms are even nicer than before, IMO. We have not been there since May, but I was impressed with the food offerings then. They were much more substantial that we have seen in years. There was a roast beef with mashed potatoes one day that was amazing! Lots of CMs around replenishing foods. There were a few times that tables weren't quickly cleaned, but that was not typical.

As for room location, that is luck of the draw. There are some rooms that are in the same hallway as the lounge, but there is also another whole hall of rooms that can be a little far away. You can call & add close to lounge as a request if it is really important.

Enjoy your trip! We'll be there in 47 days & I can't wait! :goodvibes

YC CL water view rooms are our favorite rooms on property after GF RPC. For pictures, check out page 1 of the Y & B thread. Dee has lots of info & pictures all up to date there. Have you stayed since the remodel? If not, you will be in for a treat. The rooms are even nicer than before, IMO. We have not been there since May, but I was impressed with the food offerings then. They were much more substantial that we have seen in years. There was a roast beef with mashed potatoes one day that was amazing! Lots of CMs around replenishing foods. There were a few times that tables weren't quickly cleaned, but that was not typical.

As for room location, that is luck of the draw. There are some rooms that are in the same hallway as the lounge, but there is also another whole hall of rooms that can be a little far away. You can call & add close to lounge as a request if it is really important.

Enjoy your trip! We'll be there in 47 days & I can't wait! :goodvibes
No-we haven't been there since the remodel-my last stay at the YC was 2014, but I saw the pictures-they look super!. I did send the request in for room preference, so we'll see what happens! Thanks for the quick review, I hope it's great since I'm pulling myself away from the BW to stay there LOL :)

GADisneyDad14, thank you So much for the review and photos!! We check in this weekend for our first CL stay and first time at BWI. Everything you posted is so helpful. I have a question - Is the lounge locked during the off hours? So, no coffee before 7am, does that mean the lounge is locked before 7am? What about between 10:30 & 11:30 / 4:00 & 5:00 / 7:00 & 8:00? Is the lounge locked between the service times, if not, is it staffed at all? I keep hearing wine/beer is available on request when not out for the 5-7 food service, but what about during these windows? TIA, can't wait to get there!

The BWI club level lounge is open all day beginning at 7:00 a.m. The doors only close after the dessert service times. We love to stop in there during off serving times and get a soft drink or a glass of wine. The CM are so nice and you are going to have a wonderful time there.

Since everybody here loves CL at WDW.....has anybody stayed at Disneyland paradise pier hotel CL? Headed out there on Sunday for a girls trip to check out the food and wine festival at California Adventure and having tried out CL at Grand California I decided to hotel hop and try another property. TIA!:wave:

I can't help with the hotel, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

GADisneyDad14, thank you So much for the review and photos!! We check in this weekend for our first CL stay and first time at BWI. Everything you posted is so helpful.

Have a great time! :yay:

The BWI club level lounge is open all day beginning at 7:00 a.m. The doors only close after the dessert service times. We love to stop in there during off serving times and get a soft drink or a glass of wine. The CM are so nice and you are going to have a wonderful time there.

This is good to know, thanks for the info :goodvibes.

@GADisneyDad14 I wonder if the older gentleman you noticed later in your trip who appeared to be walking people to the lounge was Pete? He was the one that found us in the lounge on our check-in day and said he had been waiting for us all day, had a packet for us, and wanted to check our wristbands to be sure they worked on that door in the hall. I could tell he was one of the good ones who has resisted CL changes/cutbacks.

Thanks for taking the time to post ALL of those pictures and detailed info! Food looks fantastic!

I’m not sure? He was wearing Mickey hands all the time, but I didn’t catch his name. He was out front or in the lounge/by the desk quite often.

I struggle with the “greeting” thing. I don’t want/need balloons and streamers going off, but a simple “welcome” certainly isn’t a bad thing - especially at a a new resort. We arrived around 2:30ish which I think might be shift change? We saw the same CL CM who checked us in in the lounge the rest of the trip - not the desk - so I sort of got the impression has was just filling in for a minute right when we happened to get there.

Oh well, it is of course pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Just a small observation. :-)

Yeah, I fully concede that three nights is not enough to truly judge a resort or CL... so much so I almost didn’t even post a review. I think you need a longer stay, if not multiple trips, to experience the ‘full package.’ And maybe not a busy runDisney weekend either. ;-)

I guess this means I will just have to go back sometime soon. I could maybe get used to being able to walk to Epcot on a whim! :rolleyes1

Thanks for the note!

Yes - I agree. That is why I love a split stay with a MK resort. We do EPCOT and HS when staying at the BWI and MK when staying near there. Best of both worlds.

GADisneyDad14, thank you So much for the review and photos!! We check in this weekend for our first CL stay and first time at BWI. Everything you posted is so helpful. I have a question - Is the lounge locked during the off hours? So, no coffee before 7am, does that mean the lounge is locked before 7am? What about between 10:30 & 11:30 / 4:00 & 5:00 / 7:00 & 8:00? Is the lounge locked between the service times, if not, is it staffed at all? I keep hearing wine/beer is available on request when not out for the 5-7 food service, but what about during these windows? TIA, can't wait to get there!

They used to lock the doors of the lounge in the past - but they don't anymore. The lounge is always open during the day and closes at 10pm. Enjoy your stay. Come back and let us know how it was.

3) A friend SWEARS that by calling signature within the 90 day mark they will book your regular fast passes for you ahead, even without purchasing the extra FP deal. I am still over 100 days out (ish) so I can't check yet I think. She says she got both FOP and Na'vi too this way. Anyone else do this? Anyone else want to try?

I had DSS book our FP for this trip, it was done one my 90 day window date, I had a voicemail from them after the FP were made. I don’t remember the exact time but pretty sure it was before 10am EST

Today’s beer/wine selection at the YC

43322AFA-B9A6-4903-B1C6-08BEAB09E8BD.jpeg

8CF731E4-1A2E-43D0-8871-FDFF231E9ADF.jpeg

I just want to say I hope you have a great trip! My husband and I will be arriving at the BWI late Saturday night and after a one night stay in a standard BWI room we will be switching to the BWI CL early Sunday morning. It will just be a short stay as we will be leaving late Wednesday evening. Maybe we will run in to you in the lounge:)

I just changed our May trip from the BCV to BWI CL! Now I see they do a "brunch" on Sundays? I had Cali Grill booked for our Sunday brunch, but may change and do a dinner there instead, and just relax at the resort with brunch offerings there. Any experience with that?

Also, do they offer sparkling wines daily, or just Sunday?

Beer & wine are still self serve at BWI, right? Unless you ask if it's not cocktail hour?

I hope we made a good call. It's our anniversary, and although DH wanted a villa (we had a one bedroom booked), I'm not cooking, yeah the washer/dryer is nice but I can do laundry once or twice either way, I wanted a lounge to relax apart from the room. Or to get a glass of wine & bring it back to the room to chill. It will be nice to actually not do a grocery delivery for once!
Cali Grill Brunch was the ABSOLUTE highlight of my DH's trip. (The food WAS pretty amazing)
We liked it so much we are doing it again March 11th.
I would absolutely do that for an anniversary celebration.
I'm not sure that any "free" club level brunch could compare,
although the price is right, lol.
Have a great anniversary whatever you decide!

We are back from our first Poly CL stay. Wanted to share some thoughts while fresh in my mind before getting back into my work world tomorrow morning. We have stayed CL at all Epcot resorts, WL and CR and have seen various levels of service, check in and lounge options and have to say we were thoroughly impressed with our stay at the Poly.

Arrival - we arrived via Magical Express around 8:45am and checked in at the main building and the cast member, after giving us Aloha leis, walked us to the Hawaii building to complete check in. Our room was not ready (and we did not expect it to be with the early arrival). We went to the lounge and found a seat with a view of the castle near the windows of the lounge and enjoyed coffee, croissants, cereal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, turkey lunch meat, orange juice, raspberries, pineapple and cantaloupe (this was spread across 3 of us, not what I ate. :-) ). We took a few croissants and bananas to go to have for sustenance before the Princess 10K on Saturday.

Besides the food offerings, the location of the Hawaii Building was just perfect. Close to both pools, not too far of a walk from the main building and a nice set up inside the lounge itself with seating on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We went to the Race Expo and then returned to the lounge and hung out upstairs on the 3rd floor while waiting for our room ready text that came around 2pm. Afternoon appetizers were shrimp lettuce wraps, chips, celery, carrots, goldfish crackers. There may have been more but that is what I remember having. We went to MK and made it back to late for the dinner apps but did enjoy beverages and dessert.

I had reserved a Garden View CL room and we received room 1505 which was a lagoon view? Theme park view? It was definitely an upgrade from what I reserved but we had a lovely view of the Bungalows (is that what they are called over the water) with the top of the Castle and Space Mountain behind it.
We were definitely able to enjoy Happily Ever After from our patio (truth be told I was ugly crying), especially with the music piped in all around us. Perfect end to our arrival day.

Saturday, we did the Enchanted 10k and came back to the same breakfast, same afternoon appetizers and we made it back from AK too late again to try evening appetizers. But soon enough to enjoy some adult beverages and desserts. In between, while relaxing on our patio, I had two aggressive ducks come up to the patio and basically chase me off. I'm sure they were looking for food, which I refused to give, but the mallard raised its wings at me and I scrambled to go inside. My husband and son thought this was hysterical and told me I was mugged by a mallard. As we were ending our night, the staff was packing up some peanut butter and bread and I think water bottles for those running the half marathon the next morning. I say this because that was my experience at the Atrium Club last year for both the 10k and the Half, but at Poly it was just for the half. I shared a seat on the race bus who was staying at the Grand Floridian who said that she too had nothing for the 10k, but she figured it was because our resorts this year have 24 hour quick service as opposed to prior years. Good theory. I don't know whether true. I did not run the half this year so not sure what was available as runners were heading to the monorail.

Sunday, we went to BWI for breakfast at 10:20 at Trattoria Del Forno. My son is playing Prince Eric in Little Mermaid JR at his school, so we found a way to meet him on this trip (after meeting Ariel earlier in the trip) and having them sign a newspaper article about his show. This was one time I regretted not staying at an Epcot resort, but I attribute a lot of the traffic to the race I should have been running. We made it very close to our ADR and were seated right away. I recommend this breakfast if these characters are must dos. Food was good, but could be found elsewhere faster and cheaper. After breakfast, we enjoyed 3 parks - Epcot, DHS and MK. Waiting for a monorail back from MK at the end of the day was an exercise in patience. But worth it to ride POTC unplanned. Lounge was closed upon our return.

Monday, usual CL breakfast followed by pool time and then a nice walk to the Transportation and Ticketing Center to catch the monorail to Epcot for our ADR at Le Cellier for my son's birthday. We were all pleasantly surprised at how nice the walk to the TTC was, but a- there was a nice breeze and b - we had adult beverages.

CL staff helped print out our boarding passes for our trip today, and also called Lost and Found when my husband thought he had misplaced his insulin.

We enjoyed this resort immensely and probably relaxed more than on other trips. We did find ourselves missing our Epcot resorts and took a tour of some of them after breakfast and while waiting for a boat to DHS, but I could see myself staying here again. The pools were nice, but I can't put them in the great category. The hot tubs were awesome, especially after the 10k. I loved the location of the Hawaii Building.

Just wanted to give a quick update with my experience today booking the new CL Extra FP temporary incentive buy more and see/do more program... or whatever it is officially called.. (even the CM don't know the name of the program.. so Im going to go w/ this one for now)

-37 Minutes from start to finish (including hold time) booked 4 days for family of 4. Had no problems booking any FP w/ the exception of TSMM which for Memorial Day week/weekend it is still not accepting FP because it will still be a standby only attraction.
-Prior to booking CM nicely gave us the rules and upon completions received a nice summary email with the times/rides/attractions listed with what we booked
- When they charged your CC - they charge for each of the members of your party separately... not that its a show stopper but interesting
- We tried to book a regular FP in addition to our 3 Extra and then change an original to another attraction (ie: Flight of Passage). We successfully changed online after we completed our transaction. We were called an hour later by Signature Services which said we were not allowed to duplicate rides for the same ride/same day and they would not want to have us miss out on an attraction- so we had to switch it back to the original. The other reason they cited was that their system was unable to handle these fast passes duplicating bc once ridden the first ride the system would delete your other FP.
- We spent some time doing a touring plan- and i think that was a reason it didn't take as long. We got all the times that we wanted- give or take 15-45 minutes.. not a deal breaker- I can always find something to look at.

I think everything else has been covered on @GaDisneyDad thread.. but wanted to add re: our experiences. Please let me know if you have any questions... would be happy to answer what I can ;)

Please, please, please forgive me...
It's been a long time since I had anything sent to a resort in advance of our stay, and somewhere on a board I think I read there can be a large fee. So here's my question...
Sending 2 chair umbellas from Amazon to Beach Club.
1. Where do I send it?
2. How expensive is it to pick up? I read (someone was charges $30 to pick up their order).
If that's the case it would probably behove me to try and find a store enroute from MCO)
Anyone have any experience with this?
TIA,
NonnaT

Just wanted to give a quick update with my experience today booking the new CL Extra FP temporary incentive buy more and see/do more program... or whatever it is officially called.. (even the CM don't know the name of the program.. so Im going to go w/ this one for now)

-37 Minutes from start to finish (including hold time) booked 4 days for family of 4. Had no problems booking any FP w/ the exception of TSMM which for Memorial Day week/weekend it is still not accepting FP because it will still be a standby only attraction.
-Prior to booking CM nicely gave us the rules and upon completions received a nice summary email with the times/rides/attractions listed with what we booked
- When they charged your CC - they charge for each of the members of your party separately... not that its a show stopper but interesting
- We tried to book a regular FP in addition to our 3 Extra and then change an original to another attraction (ie: Flight of Passage). We successfully changed online after we completed our transaction. We were called an hour later by Signature Services which said we were not allowed to duplicate rides for the same ride/same day and they would not want to have us miss out on an attraction- so we had to switch it back to the original. The other reason they cited was that their system was unable to handle these fast passes duplicating bc once ridden the first ride the system would delete your other FP.
- We spent some time doing a touring plan- and i think that was a reason it didn't take as long. We got all the times that we wanted- give or take 15-45 minutes.. not a deal breaker- I can always find something to look at.

I think everything else has been covered on @GaDisneyDad thread.. but wanted to add re: our experiences. Please let me know if you have any questions... would be happy to answer what I can ;)

Oh boy. This makes me a little nervous. I booked mine for my April trip weeks ago and changed some of the regular FPs that are duplicates to the extras. I even called to tweak some times and they didn't mention having duplicate rides.

I guess we will have to wait and see what actually happens with those who booked the extras earlier than our trip.

:guilty:Yikes, I’m concerned now. I too went into the system after my call to signature services and changed some things around to where we could repeat some rides ex. FOP and SDMT. I only did this for two days and for these two rides I have not received a call about my changes. I do not want to lose any of my FP’s.

Anyone else have this same phone call about the FP system throwing out a duplicate ride? Not sure what I need to do.

Frankly I’m not sure why it can’t be done. One should be able to book the attractions with the normal FP’s that comes with your trip. We are paying for the 3 others. It is not much of a deal or perk unless a few repeats of favorite attractions can be booked. Am I wrong in my thinking?:listen:

Cali Grill Brunch was the ABSOLUTE highlight of my DH's trip. (The food WAS pretty amazing)
We liked it so much we are doing it again March 11th.
I would absolutely do that for an anniversary celebration.
I'm not sure that any "free" club level brunch could compare,
although the price is right, lol.
Have a great anniversary whatever you decide!

Thanks for the input. For now I'm keeping it. I do think my DH will enjoy either one on Sunday, but Cali Grill does look fabulous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter