• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We've done club level at Contemporary and Beach Club, but for this adults only anniversary trip we decided to try Boardwalk CL. Never been to this resort although it seems fun. A couple of questions:
1. Do all of the Club Level standard rooms have balconies? That's important to us.
2. Can anyone tell me about these Club Level rooms with the picket fence? I'm not exactly sure what this is since we're unfamiliar with the resort, but the booking agent said that one was available.
3. As recently as June the Contemporary had small bottles of water to take to the park, does Boardwalk Club level have?
4. Finally, I've had some very good luck with my gluten allergy at other resorts when staying Club Level, at the Contemporary they were above and beyond accommodating, anyone have any Gluten Free experiences or tips at Boardwalk Club Level to share?

Any and all input is welcome. Please and thank you!
I think they all do have balconies and king bed is available upon request.
The garden cottages are a separate booking category. 2 floors with a king and bath upstairs. A living area and 1/2 bath downstairs. Includes cl access which is on the 4 th floor.
I was just there and I think I was grabbing glasses of water to take back to the room but had a busy year not sure 100%.
I would pm @Dispro1 . I think she has experience with that if no one answers.

We've done club level at Contemporary and Beach Club, but for this adults only anniversary trip we decided to try Boardwalk CL. Never been to this resort although it seems fun. A couple of questions:
1. Do all of the Club Level standard rooms have balconies? That's important to us.
2. Can anyone tell me about these Club Level rooms with the picket fence? I'm not exactly sure what this is since we're unfamiliar with the resort, but the booking agent said that one was available.
3. As recently as June the Contemporary had small bottles of water to take to the park, does Boardwalk Club level have?
4. Finally, I've had some very good luck with my gluten allergy at other resorts when staying Club Level, at the Contemporary they were above and beyond accommodating, anyone have any Gluten Free experiences or tips at Boardwalk Club Level to share?

I can only help with the second question. These are the Garden Cottages. They are actually seperate, individual little cottage type rooms that used to be called honeymoon suites. They are on the first floor, behind the hotel near the quiet pool. Each cottage has 2 floors with a living area downstairs & a bedroom upstairs. You enter each one seperately thru it’s own little garden area. They do include club level service, but the lounge is in the fourth floor. So they are not exactly convenient to drop into the lounge. They are pretty, it’s very quiet there & they can be romantic for an adults only trip.

44 Days until my families first ever stay at the Poly and first ever Club level stay!!!! I honestly can't even put into words how excited I am ( well we all are but I'm the obsessive Disney addict so I'm Disney all day!!! :) ) We are going for 10 nights, 11 days with 6 days in the park. With my three kids (ages 8,6,2) its nice to break up the park days and I'm so excited to really just enjoy our first stay at the Poly and enjoy full use of CL offerings!!!

I even bought a new Gopro for this trip!! lol Obviously I don't want to get wrapped up in filming, pictures, etc but I do want to capture this experience as best as possible as well as being present and enjoying everything with my family!!

Anyways sorry to ramble here but I will post again when my trip gets closer but if there is anything anybody wants me to look into, film, take pictures, I am more then willing to try and do what I can!!!!!!

#myvacationcan'tcomesoonenough

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Just want to add to the above BWI garden cottages question. All the CL rooms have balconies but when it comes to the Garden Cottages only three of these have balconies. I think there are 15 of the Garden Cottages (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) so the chances of getting a balcony is pretty slim if that is real important to you. My son requested a balcony when they stayed there last year but did not receive one, so I don't want you to be disappointed.

The BWI is a lovely place for a couples vacation. Though your in Disney and you will see children the whole resort has more of an adult feel to it. It seems as though they are even promoting it that way.

Looking into booking a CL room either at BW or BC for May of this year. 2 adults, 2 kids (10 & 6). We've stayed on the Villas side of each resort. DH and I both prefer BW but the kids love BC for the pool. When thinking of the CL food offerings, which do you prefer?

Is there bottled water available at AKL CL for taking with you? I know that varies by resort. Thanks!

I have not seen any in the refrigerator in years (was just there this January), I asked probably two years ago if they had any in the back and they said no, not sure if it has changed since then as I haven't asked.

Is there bottled water available at AKL CL for taking with you? I know that varies by resort. Thanks!
We only go to the parks for about 2 hours at a time so Im too lazy to lug a heavy water lol.

I looked at my pix and dont see any but if they were upon request I didn't notice. We just carry coffee cups with water from the lounges and leave in the room for later.

I stayed in a garden cottage earlier this month. Even though they are not close to the lounge we didn't mind it at all. My DH who isn't a fan of the BWI even liked it and wants to stay in one again. The garden cottages have a patio that overlooks the gardens. They are two stories with the bedroom and bath upstairs and a living area downstairs with a half bath, and a kitchen area with sink Keurig refrigerator, and microwave. The refrigerator is small but larger than the ones in the regular rooms. They are all a little different and the gardens are all different as well. I posted pics earlier this month, if you do a search you may find them. Sorry I am not as good as GADisneyDad and don't know how to post a link to the pics. They did have bottled water in the lounge but you had to ask for it, I never saw any out.

The program doesn’t start until 3/12 or 3/13 (can’t remember the exact date), so no real life examples yet. Soon though!

I’m a worrier and one to not want to take a chance with my extra club level passes. I called this afternoon to make a change to where we could ride all the rides we wanted at animal kingdom park and then book our favorite three rides at MK later that night. The CM I spoke to thanked me for calling in today and allowing them to make the changes. I had told her I made a couple of changes on two of my days resulting in a duplicate and I wanted to fix that. She said I would be happy I did this. She stated that “Even though the system will allow modifications with the regular FP’s to duplicate rides; that once the first fast pass is scanned for the day the remaining ones would be removed. She said I just saved my trip from having major issues. I asked her why the policy is that way and she stated that the fast pass system is set up to where no duplicates can be made. This allows for fair equity within the system. I am perfectly fine with that. She even said that they are having to contact individuals to fix the issue of duplicating rides because a few individuals have lost all FP’s they have previously booked.

I’m still happy with the new offerings. The extra club level FP’s are great for park hopping and for long days at MK. Not to mention not having to stake out a spot two hours early for nighttime shows. :dogdance:

I’m a worrier and one to not want to take a chance with my extra club level passes. I called this afternoon to make a change to where we could ride all the rides we wanted at animal kingdom park and then book our favorite three rides at MK later that night. The CM I spoke to thanked me for calling in today and allowing them to make the changes. I had told her I made a couple of changes on two of my days resulting in a duplicate and I wanted to fix that. She said I would be happy I did this. She stated that “Even though the system will allow modifications with the regular FP’s to duplicate rides; that once the first fast pass is scanned for the day the remaining ones would be removed. She said I just saved my trip from having major issues. I asked her why the policy is that way and she stated that the fast pass system is set up to where no duplicates can be made. This allows for fair equity within the system. I am perfectly fine with that. She even said that they are having to contact individuals to fix the issue of duplicating rides because a few individuals have lost all FP’s they have previously booked.

I’m still happy with the new offerings. The extra club level FP’s are great for park hopping and for long days at MK. Not to mention not having to stake out a spot two hours early for nighttime shows. :dogdance:

I called today too and had a similar conversation! And also a worrier (another thing in common!)... As I had mentioned, I only had the duplicate because I flipped two park nights, so one day that had been two parks was now just one park so all 6 FPs in one park. Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep things how they are with respect to the parks and just modify the duplicate back to something else, or look at my days again to better maximize things. :confused3 I'm thinking the former, since we had changed it originally so we could have one lazy morning by the pool and go into the park a little later in the day and stay through the evening, instead of doing a mid-day break. Probably six of one, half dozen of the other...I definitely agree with the bolded! So many different ways one can utilize them!

We are back from our first Poly CL stay. Wanted to share some thoughts while fresh in my mind before getting back into my work world tomorrow morning. We have stayed CL at all Epcot resorts, WL and CR and have seen various levels of service, check in and lounge options and have to say we were thoroughly impressed with our stay at the Poly.

Arrival - we arrived via Magical Express around 8:45am and checked in at the main building and the cast member, after giving us Aloha leis, walked us to the Hawaii building to complete check in. Our room was not ready (and we did not expect it to be with the early arrival). We went to the lounge and found a seat with a view of the castle near the windows of the lounge and enjoyed coffee, croissants, cereal, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, turkey lunch meat, orange juice, raspberries, pineapple and cantaloupe (this was spread across 3 of us, not what I ate. :-) ). We took a few croissants and bananas to go to have for sustenance before the Princess 10K on Saturday.

Besides the food offerings, the location of the Hawaii Building was just perfect. Close to both pools, not too far of a walk from the main building and a nice set up inside the lounge itself with seating on the 2nd and 3rd floors. We went to the Race Expo and then returned to the lounge and hung out upstairs on the 3rd floor while waiting for our room ready text that came around 2pm. Afternoon appetizers were shrimp lettuce wraps, chips, celery, carrots, goldfish crackers. There may have been more but that is what I remember having. We went to MK and made it back to late for the dinner apps but did enjoy beverages and dessert.

I had reserved a Garden View CL room and we received room 1505 which was a lagoon view? Theme park view? It was definitely an upgrade from what I reserved but we had a lovely view of the Bungalows (is that what they are called over the water) with the top of the Castle and Space Mountain behind it.
We were definitely able to enjoy Happily Ever After from our patio (truth be told I was ugly crying), especially with the music piped in all around us. Perfect end to our arrival day.

Saturday, we did the Enchanted 10k and came back to the same breakfast, same afternoon appetizers and we made it back from AK too late again to try evening appetizers. But soon enough to enjoy some adult beverages and desserts. In between, while relaxing on our patio, I had two aggressive ducks come up to the patio and basically chase me off. I'm sure they were looking for food, which I refused to give, but the mallard raised its wings at me and I scrambled to go inside. My husband and son thought this was hysterical and told me I was mugged by a mallard. As we were ending our night, the staff was packing up some peanut butter and bread and I think water bottles for those running the half marathon the next morning. I say this because that was my experience at the Atrium Club last year for both the 10k and the Half, but at Poly it was just for the half. I shared a seat on the race bus who was staying at the Grand Floridian who said that she too had nothing for the 10k, but she figured it was because our resorts this year have 24 hour quick service as opposed to prior years. Good theory. I don't know whether true. I did not run the half this year so not sure what was available as runners were heading to the monorail.

Sunday, we went to BWI for breakfast at 10:20 at Trattoria Del Forno. My son is playing Prince Eric in Little Mermaid JR at his school, so we found a way to meet him on this trip (after meeting Ariel earlier in the trip) and having them sign a newspaper article about his show. This was one time I regretted not staying at an Epcot resort, but I attribute a lot of the traffic to the race I should have been running. We made it very close to our ADR and were seated right away. I recommend this breakfast if these characters are must dos. Food was good, but could be found elsewhere faster and cheaper. After breakfast, we enjoyed 3 parks - Epcot, DHS and MK. Waiting for a monorail back from MK at the end of the day was an exercise in patience. But worth it to ride POTC unplanned. Lounge was closed upon our return.

Monday, usual CL breakfast followed by pool time and then a nice walk to the Transportation and Ticketing Center to catch the monorail to Epcot for our ADR at Le Cellier for my son's birthday. We were all pleasantly surprised at how nice the walk to the TTC was, but a- there was a nice breeze and b - we had adult beverages.

CL staff helped print out our boarding passes for our trip today, and also called Lost and Found when my husband thought he had misplaced his insulin.

We enjoyed this resort immensely and probably relaxed more than on other trips. We did find ourselves missing our Epcot resorts and took a tour of some of them after breakfast and while waiting for a boat to DHS, but I could see myself staying here again. The pools were nice, but I can't put them in the great category. The hot tubs were awesome, especially after the 10k. I loved the location of the Hawaii Building.

Thank you for your report. That is why we love a split stay with the Poly or CR and BWI - it gives you the best of both worlds. We also really enjoyed Trattoria Del Forno - the food and the characters. There is nothing like watching the fireworks from the beach of the Poly. We love it too!!

@DisneyFansInNYC - this thread moves so quickly but I wanted to circle back and tell you how much I enjoyed watching the trip video you posted! Your family definitely knows how to enjoy every magical moment! So much fun! And now I know who to look for with regard to CMs at the Boardwalk! And my condolences regarding your aunt - I'm certain your family provided much support and care to her. :hug:

@DisneyFansInNYC - this thread moves so quickly but I wanted to circle back and tell you how much I enjoyed watching the trip video you posted! Your family definitely knows how to enjoy every magical moment! So much fun! And now I know who to look for with regard to CMs at the Boardwalk! And my condolences regarding your aunt - I'm certain your family provided much support and care to her. :hug:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this post and for your kind words. We do have fun making the videos and it added some fun to our family after my aunts passing. When we went to the BWI last time we showed Lorenzo the first video of ours that he was in and then the other casts members were all in to be in our new one. Please tell Lorenzo and Anita we said hello and enjoy your stay at the BWI. :thanks:

Does anyone have links to Poly club level pics? I know I've seen many pics but that was probably 100 pages back or so. lol My friend and I are going and would love to show her the offerings. TYIA

Very interesting! I just looked at all of my FP’s and I do duplicate FOP, Soarin, and 7D. As of now I will keep them as they are, but I’ll wait for reports to see how this all pans out once it actually starts.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this post and for your kind words. We do have fun making the videos and it added some fun to our family after my aunts passing. When we went to the BWI last time we showed Lorenzo the first video of ours that he was in and then the other casts members were all in to be in our new one. Please tell Lorenzo and Anita we said hello and enjoy your stay at the BWI. :thanks:

Thanks - I'm sure we will, although wish it was a little longer! That's so funny about the CMs - dancing at work is a good thing! Now that I've seen @GADisneyDad14 's pics of BW and the lovely Sunday brunch, I wish I had planned better and was not checking in on Monday - d'oh! I do enjoy a Bloody Mary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter