Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I know we would. be really upset if we we're stranded at home so I'm really sorry. I'm glad I changed flight's when I did because I just checked last night and I wouldn't be getting home until Sunday as flights are sold out now.

While it sounds fun to be stranded in FL, it isn't all that great. It has happened to us multiple times.

First, you have to find another flight home. You can't just rebook online, you have to call the airline, along with 1,000,000 other folks that are stranded. You wait on hold forever. When you finally reach someone, they can't tell you anything. Airlines don't like to cancel flights; they wait as long as possible to tell guests they're cancelled. So you just have to make a lucky guess which flight will actually take off. If you guess wrong, you have to go through the whole process all over again. Instead of 1-2 days, you may well be stuck in FL for 3-4 days. And you are competing for space with all those other folks. A number of times, we thought we had found a flight, only to have it snatched from us while the agent was trying to book it. It is especially common when trying to nab a non-direct flight.

Second, the hotels stick it to you in the worst way. You end up paying full rack rates. (or maybe a jacked-up rate?)

Third, there's a number of additional expenses that weren't in the budget. WDW won't let you add days to a fully used ticket. In 2018, if you want to go to park, you have to buy a fresh one-day ticket with no pre-booked FP. No thanks. Plus extra food and (maybe) rental car fees.

Fourth, there's a host of un-fun things waiting for your arrival. Extra pet care costs, hired plow-person costs or coming home to a foot of ice covering your driveway. You also might miss an extra workday, which can be very stressful, depending on your circumstances. If the storm a big blizzard, there's also the possibility of storm damage.

Fifth, if you happened to park your car at the airport in an uncovered spot. It will also be covered in a foot of ice. So you arrive at your car, in the cold, in the dark, with all your luggage, but no shovel or ice scraper (at least until you can get your door open). And well, this was trip to Florida, not Canada. Most folks don't bring heavy parkas to Florida.

So while it isn't always all bad to get an extra day in FL, having experienced it, I find home-bound snow days more enjoyable. Still, we've obviously taken the risk a number of times, because it is nice to escape the drab of winter. We just know to plan for the possibility.

Last edited:
While it sounds fun to be stranded in FL, it isn't all that great. It has happened to us multiple times.

First, you have to find another flight home. You can't just rebook online, you have to call the airline, along with 1,000,000 other folks that are stranded. You wait on hold forever. When you finally reach someone, they can't tell you anything. Airlines don't like to cancel flights; they wait as long as possible to tell guests they're cancelled. So you just have to make a lucky guess which flight will actually take off. If you guess wrong, you have to go through the whole process all over again. Instead of 1-2 days, you may well be stuck in FL for 3-4 days. And you are competing for space with all those other folks. A number of times, we thought we had found a flight, only to have it snatched from us while the agent was trying to book it. It is especially common when trying to nab a non-direct flight.

Second, the hotels stick it to you in the worst way. You end up paying full rack rates. (or maybe a jacked-up rate?)

Third, there's a number of additional expenses that weren't in the budget. WDW won't let you add days to a fully used ticket. In 2018, if you want to go to park, you have to buy a fresh one-day ticket with no pre-booked FP. No thanks. Plus extra food and (maybe) rental car fees.

Fourth, there's a host of un-fun things waiting for your arrival. Extra pet care costs, hired plow-person costs or coming home to a foot of ice covering your driveway. You also might miss an extra workday, which can be very stressful, depending on your circumstances. If the storm a big blizzard, there's also the possibility of storm damage.

Fifth, if you happened to park your car at the airport in an uncovered spot. It will also be covered in a foot of ice. So you arrive at your car, in the cold, in the dark, with all your luggage, but no shovel or ice scraper (at least until you can get your door open). And well, this was trip to Florida, not Canada. Most folks don't bring heavy parkas to Florida.

So while it isn't always all bad to get an extra day in FL, having experienced it, I find home-bound snow days more enjoyable. Still, we've obviously taken the risk a number of times, because it is nice to escape the drab of winter. We just know to plan for the possibility.
I don't think our experience could have been any more different than yours.

We have been escaping the upstate NY winter's for many years by coming to Disney. Lucky for us this is the first time we have been stranded due to bad weather. We always fly Southwest out of Albany for many different reasons. I know that they will start canceling flights if the weather gets dicey. Southwest has a no extra fee policy for changes do to weather. I just went on the app on my phone and changed my flight to the following evening with a non stop flight. No extra charge at all and everything transferred over to the new flight. Love love Southwest!

We love the BWI CL and that was were we stayed for this trip. I stopped at the desk and mentioned that we had to change flights and would need another night. Jackie and then Pete both tried to extend our stay at the BWI but the hotel was fully booked so they found us a room at the YC. Yes we had to pay for another nights stay but we did receive our AP discount for the room. We just checked in and it is a lovely room on the second floor over looking the quite pool.

I then made a phone call to the car service that we always use and they were happy to change our pick up date. I also remembered to tell them that we had switched hotels.

As far as what goes on at home, we are dairy farmers and our son is running the farm why we are gone so he will pick us up at the airport and handle things at home for an extra day. It will cost me a little extra in hugs and maybe an extra Disney gift or two:)

So over all everything has worked out fine, and I get to miss at least one big snowstorm this year! I'm sorry that your experience was much rougher but everyone has gone above and beyond to be helpful.

Oh and I forgot to mention we are AP holders so we will spend an extra day enjoying the sun at Epcot while taking in even more of the F&G.

Currently sitting in the CL lounge at the BWI. It has been a wonderful short trip but it looks like we will be moving over to the YC for our weather induced final day.

The lounge here at the BWI has been wonderful and never seemed crowded at all. I checked last night and the 4 beers offered are Bud Light, Sam Adams Coldsnap, Yuengling, and Heineken. They are all self service and no problem bringing an unopened bottle back to the room. Wine is self pour and sorry to say I didn't get the brands. I enjoyed a Chardonnay and a Riesling. I have also enjoyed a mimosa every morning you just have to ask.

The CM have been just wonderful as always with my husband enjoying a nice chat about cars with Pete. We we're heart broken to hear that Pete will be retiring on October 1! He will certainly be missed by many.

Glad you had a another great BWI CL stay :).

I just went on the app on my phone and changed my flight to the following evening with a non stop flight. No extra charge at all and everything transferred over to the new flight. Love love Southwest!

It's hard to beat Southwest! :thumbsup2

We love the BWI CL and that was were we stayed for this trip. I stopped at the desk and mentioned that we had to change flights and would need another night. Jackie and then Pete both tried to extend our stay at the BWI but the hotel was fully booked so they found us a room at the YC. Yes we had to pay for another nights stay but we did receive our AP discount for the room. We just checked in and it is a lovely room on the second floor over looking the quite pool.

Hope you enjoy the YC and the extra time at Disney :goodvibes.

We have been escaping the upstate NY winter's for many years by coming to Disney. Lucky for us this is the first time we have been stranded due to bad weather. We always fly Southwest out of Albany for many different reasons. I know that they will start canceling flights if the weather gets dicey. Southwest has a no extra fee policy for changes do to weather. I just went on the app on my phone and changed my flight to the following evening with a non stop flight. No extra charge at all and everything transferred over to the new flight. Love love Southwest!

I then made a phone call to the car service that we always use and they were happy to change our pick up date. I also remembered to tell them that we had switched hotels.

As far as what goes on at home, we are dairy farmers and our son is running the farm why we are gone so he will pick us up at the airport and handle things at home for an extra day. It will cost me a little extra in hugs and maybe an extra Disney gift or two:)

So over all everything has worked out fine, and I get to miss at least one big snowstorm this year! I'm sorry that your experience was much rougher but everyone has gone above and beyond to be helpful.

Oh and I forgot to mention we are AP holders so we will spend an extra day enjoying the sun at Epcot while taking in even more of the F&G.

That sounds lovely! Enjoy your extra epcot time. My wifi is currently going in and out. I'm getting ready to shovel, again lol. Have a beverage at epcot for me.

I'm sure this has been asked so many times, but do you guys get the dining plan if you are staying club level. We booked at the Wilderness Lodge for September, and it seems like a lot of food included.

thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked so many times, but do you guys get the dining plan if you are staying club level. We booked at the Wilderness Lodge for September, and it seems like a lot of food included.

thanks!

Everyone has their different Disney/touring styles so I always hesitate when I answer this question. Especially since dining is SO subjective amongst all of us. But for us/our family, the dining plan and CL would almost never make any sense - both from a $ perspective and from the amount of food.

For some perspective, our style is to ‘usually’ eat breakfast in the lounge, a larger lunch out, and then some evenings may just grab a bite around the lounge since we’re really not all that hungry by that point.

While we do enjoy dining at Disney, it’s not really the focus of our trips. Sort of a medium priority. We also go somewhat regularly, so generally take a more relaxed approach to trying different spots (in other words, we’re not trying to eat at a bunch of different places on any given trip).

I only provide all that detail since I think it does perhaps influence my response on the CL/Dining Plan topic.

Love WL CL BTW (and they had excellent food when I was last there later 2016). Have fun!

do you guys get the dining plan if you are staying club level.

the dining plan and CL would almost never make any sense

Same with our family... I don't like anything that takes more time away from the resort when I am staying club level! If you are going to do it, it makes sense to book all lunches, since that's the weakest CL offering time. So if you were doing a character lunch daily, it may make financial sense. But otherwise it is probably overkill!

thanks!
I do not. We usually have breakfast in the lounge, eat lunch at CS or TS, then snacks in the lounge in the evening. If we are still hungry we usually get something at CS or just get a snack somewhere.

thanks!

I don't, but that said, we do eat 1 ts meal a day. We go 1x per year and my kids have must dos. We usually do breakfast in the lounge but do have 2 out. Our first full day is always CM breakfast , then we have to go to ohanas breakfast. We also always do ohanas dinner and yachtsman . The kids and I also eat at trex on dh's golf day. Then we usually mix up the rest depending on where we are.

We have been escaping the upstate NY winter's for many years by coming to Disney. Lucky for us this is the first time we have been stranded due to bad weather. We always fly Southwest out of Albany for many different reasons.

We're also from the Albany area-East Greenbush, and we're here in the middle of that 2nd NorEaster in a week! We can't wait to get out of here! We're leaving Sunday for FL and we'll be at the BW by Wednesday. Safe travels home!!

thanks!
Hi!
This summer will be our third CL stay. We tend to do CL during our summer trips and do not do the DP. Summer is sooo hot, so we usually do a lunch ADR most days to have a break at the parks. We try to do CL breakfast most days and leave our evenings open with maybe one dinner ADR. Sometimes the evening apps are enough for a light dinner, but if not we will get something on the fly.

This summer we are doing a split stay and the first half is not CL, so we have most of our favorite ADRs during that time. This way, once we get to Poly CL we can have relaxing unplanned evenings. At least that's the plan!:rotfl:

We're also from the Albany area-East Greenbush, and we're here in the middle of that 2nd NorEaster in a week! We can't wait to get out of here! We're leaving Sunday for FL and we'll be at the BW by Wednesday. Safe travels home!!
Well neighbor I hope you have a great trip! We are from Greenwich kinda between Albany and Saratoga.

thanks!

I think you have to sit down and really do the math and figure out what works for you. In the past we have typically used the dining plan, even staying CL. However, I have a very character obsessed kid, and we schedule several character meals and Ohana dinner on each trip. We also tend to do a QS in the parks for dinner. It worked for us, and the math made sense. This year I have a booking that does not allow for a dining plan plus we have several trips planned. So it worked to get an AP and use those discounts.

Hello all! My name is Jenifer. Thank you Erika for the great info on this thread. After a bunch of trips, and even DVC BCV ownership for a few years until I sold it, I'm trying out CL at BC this time in hopes of having a more laid back trip. Have changed my reservation several times because my traveling companions have changed a bit. Trip started out as me taking my DGD15 and her BFF so I first booked POP. Then decided I couldn't stay in POP for a week. IDK why. So switched to PORFQ. Was fine with that as I have stayed there before.

Then...my own BFF who's never been to WDW said she would go too. I've been wanting to do WDW with her for years so I'm so excited. That changed everything! I had OKW one bedroom booked for a bit, then decided what if it rains and we're stuck in the room with no food. lol I thought I'd just have some groceries delivered and cook a simple meal or two. Then thought screw that! lmao I know we're going to be spending most of our time at Epcot and the pool, so I really wanted the Epcot area. So...I then booked YC. Never stayed at YC before so thought I'd try it out. But, I just really wasn't feeling the décor in the reno'd room. It's nice I guess but kinda masculine. IDK, to me anyway. The BC reno'd rooms are more feminine, so I switched to BC lagoon/pool view.

I then started trying to decide if I should get dining plan or not. The new addition of an alcoholic beverage makes it really tempting... However, since by DGD and her BFF are kinda going to be doing their own thing and my BFF doing ours. I didn't want to be so scheduled with ADRs. I've got Crystal Palace breakfast booked at my DGD request and that's it. My BFF isn't a morning person and I'm not going to force her to get up and go to rope drops every day. lmao. Her father is battling brain cancer and on top of that he fell and broke his hip and femer. She's really going through it right now. Her father was given 4 months to live and that was back in July. She needs to have fun, but relax and unwind too. Sorry to ramble here.

Anyhow, after going though the first pages of this thread and doing the math, I switched to BC CL. This will be our first CL stay. We've stayed at all of the deluxe except YC, but never thought we'd be at the resort long enough to take advantage of the offerings. This I think will be a great type of trip for CL. I like the idea of having the breakfast offerings, grabbing QS at the parks. I thought about just getting the QS DP so DGD/BFF can grab something when they're running around. But I think the evening offering at CL will do us. If not we'll order room service or go out and get something.

OMG, can't believe I've rambled on so much. I just wanted to post and thank you for the thread and have you add us to the list for June 2nd - 8th!

ETA: The only thing available was Standard CL. Are we really going to have a horrible view?

Hello and thanks for all these great pics and the review. Do you, or someone else who's stayed at Poly CL recently remember if there was any snack type food out at all in between services? In one photo it looks like there's fruit accessible. What about cookies or crackers, etc.? Just wondering what would be out around 11am ish. Also, is there sparkling wine still available in the lounge as a wine option in the afternoon?

Lots of fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas) along with cans of soda are available in between offerings, and I only saw wine offered during Ahiahi and Aumoe. Kakahaiaka is typically 7:00-10:30am; Auinala 12:00-4:00; Ahiahi 5:00-7:00; Aumoe 8:00-10:00pm.

thanks!
First time we stayed CL at YC, we had the DP, and wound up leaving 4 QS meals on the table (this was pre-snack exchange), and bought treats in the gift shop on our departure day to burn five snack credits. Last year at YC CL, we didn't have DP, and we definitely spent WAY less on food. I'd strongly recommend taking time to do some tedious math to figure out what and how you want to eat, then run numbers. For us, we had breakfast in the lounge, a nice TS lunch, then apps and desserts in the lounge in the evening, and it was FAR less than we would have spent on the DP.

Another bonus of doing a lunch ADR vs dinner when staying CL is that lunch time seems to have a lot more availability than dinner time.

thanks!

As others have said, it really depends on your personal preference/individual touring style. We like the DDP and don't find it's too much food with CL (although we are probably in the minority). We always do TS every night for dinner whether we stay CL or not. We usually snack or get CS for lunch as we aren't ones to have a big meal mid day, so we look forward to our sit down dinners. We don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, it's more for the lounge and having another place to sit and relax rather than in our room or around the resort. The food offerings are a nice perk, but not our main reason for staying CL. We do spend more time at the resort than we do the parks, so CL is nice for breakfast and afternoon drinks/snacks :).

Hope you get out without any trouble/delays. Have a great time at BWI :wizard:.

Glad your experience has been enjoyable, and the CM's were able to help. We also fly SWA, and like them.

Our experience with car services/hotels has varied. It is much easier to make changes before check out/returning the car. Some companies will extend your rate; others won't. The later the cancellation notice the harder it is. Worst was having our flight cancelled even though the weather was fine at both MCO and our destination! (If the plane or crew can't get to MCO, no go.) One Ft Lauderdale hotel was especially unhelpful; the extended rate was double the original! Ouch!

A long time ago, we got stranded over Pres Day weekend, which was also the Daytona 500. We had a 10am ADR for Crystal Palace. I've never seen the TTC as crowded before or since! TTC was flooded with folks in racing garb buying one day tickets. As soon as we ate, we hopped to another park.

One time, it looked like our flight would be cancelled, so we went ahead and extended, but our original flight DID go out.

For us, winter trips (to FL and elsewhere) are necessary, so we now take precautions which helps. Hopefully others will take heed. We always park our car in a garage, always pre-pay bills, and always budget for a possible trip extension.

As others have said, it really depends on your personal preference/individual touring style. We like the DDP and don't find it's too much food with CL (although we are probably in the minority). We always do TS every night for dinner whether we stay CL or not. We usually snack or get CS for lunch as we aren't ones to have a big meal mid day, so we look forward to our sit down dinners. We don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, it's more for the lounge and having another place to sit and relax rather than in our room or around the resort. The food offerings are a nice perk, but not our main reason for staying CL. We do spend more time at the resort than we do the parks, so CL is nice for breakfast and afternoon drinks/snacks :).

Hope you get out without any trouble/delays. Have a great time at BWI :wizard:.
We are a family of 6. My oldest will be turning 12 on the trip, and he eats a lot! We are also more stay in the park all day kind of people, rather than stay at the resort. It's so hard to figure out what's best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter