Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

My first post ! Yay!
I was hoping there would be some feedback from anyone who has been able to use the extra fastpasses yet.
Mainly:
Did you double up your regular and CL FP and were able to successfully get 2 FP for The Same ride in the same day?
Was the system seamless? No bugs or glitches requiring a ton of DSS contact?

Thanks for letting me read all your amazing comments.
I'm taking my 2 kids (by myself) to AKL CL in june, and have booked this pilot program. New stuff makes Me nervoucited!!

:welcome: to the DIS!

I'd suggest posting your question over on this thread: Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase (Logistics)

There's more discussion of the logistics/booking/strategies/etc over there.

To quickly answer your question, DSS won't double up FPs when you call to book, but you can manually modify your three regular FPs after the fact to repeat an Extra FP. Just a warning that some CMs have told people not to do that / it'll cause problems day of. TBD whether that's just CM speak or a legit warning... we need more real world reports to know for sure what will happen.

I've traveled to Disney with my two kids solo before... it can be challenging, but was really rewarding/fun for us. Hope you have a great stay at AKL CL!

We are staying club level Beach Club in August. Are you allowed to take a beer/wine from BC CL and walk around the Boardwalk in the evening? I'm sure that I could put it in a paper cup and carry it around, but wondering if it's allowed? Also, can anyone tell me how late activities (jugglers, entertainers) perform on the Boardwalk? Do they perform every night? If so, do they perform later on Friday/Saturday nights? Walking around the Boardwalk with a beverage in the evening sounds lovely to me:-) TIA
ETA- if I have an alcoholic beverage from Epcot (thinking an order of UK fish and chips with a beer), can I carry it through International Gateway on my way back to resort? A lot of alcohol related questions lol:-)

We are staying club level Beach Club in August. Are you allowed to take a beer/wine from BC CL and walk around the Boardwalk in the evening? I'm sure that I could put it in a paper cup and carry it around, but wondering if it's allowed? Also, can anyone tell me how late activities (jugglers, entertainers) perform on the Boardwalk? Do they perform every night? If so, do they perform later on Friday/Saturday nights? Walking around the Boardwalk with a beverage in the evening sounds lovely to me:-) TIA
ETA- if I have an alcoholic beverage from Epcot (thinking an order of UK fish and chips with a beer), can I carry it through International Gateway on my way back to resort? A lot of alcohol related questions lol:-)

You can definitely carry an alcoholic beverage around the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake resorts. I've seen CMs ask folks to finish beers prior to leaving Epcot but I think your mileage may vary there. Following along to see the response on the Boardwalk performers question. We will be there in 3 weeks and hoping to enjoy some entertainment too!

Hi Everyone! We got home yesterday afternoon from our week in FL, just me and my better half....finished up our week first at the BW and then the YC. Our BW room was incidentally right next door to our room we stayed in 2 years ago LOL...They put us in 4237 (king room)..SO GORGEOUS...you really cant beat the view. Our room was right above Boardwalk Joe's. The lounge was great as usual-the CMs in there were very friendly, efficient, and kept the place nice and tidy. I asked the manager at one point if by chance they had any bottled water ...he came back with FOUR of them lol. The one night we were there during appetizers, they had a pasta salad, cheese fondue, quinoa salad, Asian stir fry, and some tuna thing that I don't remember. They had all the regular beverages-both alcoholic (self-serve)and NON that they normally do. One thing that was nice for me, when we first arrived around 11am, I noticed a woman in the lounge having a sparkling wine but none out. I asked for the heck of it if there was any left maybe in the back. The gentleman told me that she had the last of it. I said "no big deal, thanks anyway". We sat down while my husband drank his soda and within 3 minutes the CM came over to me with a glass of sparkling wine...what a sweetie!!
Loved seeing Pete at the Concierge desk-he seriously is a joy to talk to!! Our only bummer was the that our room wasnt ready until 4:30...but how could we complain with the room we got!?!! :) No complaining here--we went to DS and hung out out there for a few hours-BTW, The Edison is a fantastic bar!
Next stay was the YC---We got room 5179 and weirdly enough it was ready at 10am. This was a lagoon view and the room was in the middle, above the lobby --our room faced the lighthouse. The new rooms are are SHARP!!! Very very nice especially the bathrooms! The club was ok. There was one CM there was very polite and helpful, but I didn't get warm and fuzzys from anyone else in the lounge. Kind of like they were just employees trying to get through their day. My husband asked for a bottle of water at one point during one afternoon and was told they didn't have any there.. The lounge is smaller and IMO just wasn't as comfortable as being in the BW lounge. Perhaps I am partial LOL. The food that night was a shrimp salad type thing, and olive salad, chicken kabobs, and a rice dish. Pretty much the same offerings that BW had....but I do recall that YC didnt have juice/milk in the cooler at breakfast--only soda. They put the juices and milks in the large containers to serve yourself. BW had milks and juices in small containers that you could grab and go. I'm not saying YC was terrible -in fact it won in the Room catagory LOL, but we love BW more. Its quieter, cozier, and the CMs over there really treat you like you've come back home for a visit.

Quietly Counting Down to Our Next Visit,
Penny

My first post ! Yay!
I was hoping there would be some feedback from anyone who has been able to use the extra fastpasses yet.
Mainly:
Did you double up your regular and CL FP and were able to successfully get 2 FP for The Same ride in the same day?

I'm taking my 2 kids (by myself) to AKL CL in june, and have booked this pilot program. New stuff makes Me nervoucited!!

I've been stalking the various threads on here plus a couple other boards. Figured we'd get some information but nothing yet. I'm there first week in April and doubled up on fop and Seven. Was hoping not to be the guinea pig but if it happens I'll report back.

Yes! You can walk around the boardwalk with drinks. There’s even a margarita stand on the boardwalk! The pizza window has sangria (the cheap box kind).

Happy St Patty’s day! :drinking1

We’ve been stopped leaving Epcot with drinks. Usually depends on what cup you have it in. :rolleyes1

As other's have said you can walk around the boardwalk with alcoholic drinks but they are very strict about not allowing any alcoholic drinks to pass through the International gateway. Take it from someone who was forced to either chug a Grey Goose slushy or throw it away! Can anyone say brain freeze! I have even had them look into a to go coffee cup one day to make sure it was truly coffee.

On a side note on our trip last week we went into Epcot during an EMH and for the first time that I can ever remember a woman was standing in front of the turnstiles with a hand held scanner checking everyone's bands to make sure they were staying on Disney property before we were allowed into the park. Was very glad to see this.

Oh my goodness, it keeps getting better. I decided to pull the trigger and add a night. I cringed at the idea of spending over $1400 for just 1 night, but my Disney math skills justified the price. I’m basically getting 3 nights for the price of 1, right? Lol

So I called in and was ready to rattle off my CC# and the CM gave me a price of just $900! What? Turns out I get 40% off any additional nights. :cool1:

Also, it’s not due until I check in.

I am blown away... :eek:
That. Is. Awesome!

Quick review of Beach Club CL...
Let me begin by saying I was really disappointed in BC... Will not stay there CL again. Possibly YC for SAB...
No greeting.
No smiles.
No welcome.
Unable to access 5th floor upon arrival with room text as I didn't know I needed to use my magic band. Went back out and found Monty Ray (awesome gentleman) who then showed me how to get upstairs. I was a wee bit embarrassed at that.
No decaffeinated tea ( I know, sounds fussy, but for crying out loud, it was in my room and in the lobby shop, why not available in the lounge?)
No itinerary, until day 4, after I asked about it.
We actually waved at 2 concierge CMs as we were getting off the elevator one evening, who were chatting with each other, and they turned away from us. No return wave, no hi, etc.
Our room.was not serviced completely one day, beds were made, but no products, no bath towels, and no face cloths.
Drawers would not close completely and blinds were broken. (Would not go up)
Windows were absolutely filthy. Seriously dirty in the lounge area.
No bottled water, for anyone. Not even to drink right there.
I could absolutely handle the not finished room, I figure the mousekeepers got interrupted, etc. No worries. But added to everything else it just showed poor guest relations.

Positive points:
Room was lovely.
Food was very good. All the snacks, desserts, etc.
Staff in lobby shop and bell services, in fact everywhere else were excellent.
By day 4, another group of Concierge CMs were on duty, and they were far more helpful.
CM assisted my DD in changing and rearranging FPs, cheerfully...
A complete change of attitude after day 4.

Sooooo, we are looking at WL CL or CR CL, next February.
Our experience at BC is hopefully never repeated.
We were chatting with another guest in the lounge, who happens to be a TA, she also had concerns. A 3rd guest overheard and said that she was not greeted as well, and was not happy with her BC stay. The general consensus at that time was other resorts do it much better. It just seems to show a general lack of disregard for positive guest relations.
Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer".
But, not much positive to report.

Btw, the other parts of our trip were good, but I do notice less staff in general, dirtier restrooms, lack of TP, etc.
I noticed other cutbacks, but that's not about Club level.
Thanks for listening!

This makes me really nervous! We have our first CL stay booked at BC this June. We've stayed at YC before and loved it, the area, and the pool. DH wanted to try the BC side this time and then we decided to add on CL. We were both really looking forward to it but now I'm getting really nervous about it - it will definitely damper DH's trip if we paid all that extra money and have crappy service.

My first post ! Yay!
Mainly:

I booked the extra passes on Wednesday. The only glitch I had was a ticket issue of my own making: our APs expire right before we get there, and DSS can't get FPs if you don't have a valid ticket. And I'm here to tell you that promising them you'll renew doesn't work. :sad: Also, Disney, for whatever reason, will not let you renew your APs outside the 60 day window. Which baffles me, because really? You won't take my money now, Disney???? :eek: :faint:

Anyway, once I got that issue squared away, it was indeed seamless. I had a spreadsheet of exactly what I wanted, when I wanted it, and the wonderful Megan at DSS got them all. The entire conversation was maybe 20 minutes long, and that included getting a reservation for a Pirate Adventure Cruise, so I'd say the FP portion was maybe 12 - 15 minutes?

In terms of two FPs for the same ride, I didn't even try it. I had no interest in jeopardizing any of my reservations, because I can't help believing if it's a glitch Disney doesn't want, then eventually they'll fix it. That said, Megan was WONDERFUL about guiding me through the process. i.e., not making 4 FPs in one park, including two Tier 1s, and 2 FPs in a different park; pointing out where I could get MORE Tier 1s, etc. She was the bomb diggity. :love:

For the fireworks, you do have to tell them which ones you'll be viewing, and your name is then placed on a reservation list.

It's funny; when they first announced this, I didn't think we'd have any interest in it at all. Turns out it's going to be a WONDERFUL addition to our trip!!! :love:

i.e., not making 4 FPs in one park,

Does this mean there is no way to combine your regular and club level fast passes on any one day and make 4 (or more) fast passes in the same park? I was assuming you could reserve up to six in one park if you wanted to combine the regular and CL fast passes.

Hi Everyone! We got home yesterday afternoon from our week in FL, just me and my better half....finished up our week first at the BW and then the YC. Our BW room was incidentally right next door to our room we stayed in 2 years ago LOL...They put us in 4237 (king room)..SO GORGEOUS...you really cant beat the view. Our room was right above Boardwalk Joe's. The lounge was great as usual-the CMs in there were very friendly, efficient, and kept the place nice and tidy. I asked the manager at one point if by chance they had any bottled water ...he came back with FOUR of them lol. The one night we were there during appetizers, they had a pasta salad, cheese fondue, quinoa salad, Asian stir fry, and some tuna thing that I don't remember. They had all the regular beverages-both alcoholic (self-serve)and NON that they normally do. One thing that was nice for me, when we first arrived around 11am, I noticed a woman in the lounge having a sparkling wine but none out. I asked for the heck of it if there was any left maybe in the back. The gentleman told me that she had the last of it. I said "no big deal, thanks anyway". We sat down while my husband drank his soda and within 3 minutes the CM came over to me with a glass of sparkling wine...what a sweetie!!
Loved seeing Pete at the Concierge desk-he seriously is a joy to talk to!! Our only bummer was the that our room wasnt ready until 4:30...but how could we complain with the room we got!?!! :) No complaining here--we went to DS and hung out out there for a few hours-BTW, The Edison is a fantastic bar!
Next stay was the YC---We got room 5179 and weirdly enough it was ready at 10am. This was a lagoon view and the room was in the middle, above the lobby --our room faced the lighthouse. The new rooms are are SHARP!!! Very very nice especially the bathrooms! The club was ok. There was one CM there was very polite and helpful, but I didn't get warm and fuzzys from anyone else in the lounge. Kind of like they were just employees trying to get through their day. My husband asked for a bottle of water at one point during one afternoon and was told they didn't have any there.. The lounge is smaller and IMO just wasn't as comfortable as being in the BW lounge. Perhaps I am partial LOL. The food that night was a shrimp salad type thing, and olive salad, chicken kabobs, and a rice dish. Pretty much the same offerings that BW had....but I do recall that YC didnt have juice/milk in the cooler at breakfast--only soda. They put the juices and milks in the large containers to serve yourself. BW had milks and juices in small containers that you could grab and go. I'm not saying YC was terrible -in fact it won in the Room catagory LOL, but we love BW more. Its quieter, cozier, and the CMs over there really treat you like you've come back home for a visit.

Quietly Counting Down to Our Next Visit,
Penny

Thanks for your review. Sorry YC wasn't as wonderful as BWI, but hope you had a nice time overall. Have fun planning your next trip :wizard:.

There’s even a margarita stand on the boardwalk!

Will be at BWI in May with my cousin and her DD and they both love margaritas, so this will make them happy :goodvibes.

Does this mean there is no way to combine your regular and club level fast passes on any one day and make 4 (or more) fast passes in the same park? I was assuming you could reserve up to six in one park if you wanted to combine the regular and CL fast passes.
Yes, you can have all six in the same park if you want, but you can't repeat rides. If you want two different parks, then your "regular" FPs have to be in the same park, then you can reserve your CL FPs wherever you want.

Question: which one has better CL service—Contemporary, Beach Club or Yacht Club?

Last edited:
This makes me really nervous! We have our first CL stay booked at BC this June. We've stayed at YC before and loved it, the area, and the pool. DH wanted to try the BC side this time and then we decided to add on CL. We were both really looking forward to it but now I'm getting really nervous about it - it will definitely damper DH's trip if we paid all that extra money and have crappy service.
Your experience could be completely different.
Our biggest complaints we're the first 4 days. I think it depends on the staff scheduled each day.
We're going to a different resort next trip, so then I can truly compare CL.

I have been fortunate to have stayed at all but one cl resort and many several times.

I have never had "bad" service but some resorts have been consistently friendlier.

I have learned that they usually leave you alone for the most part unless YOU approach and chit chat first. (Remember many people do prefer to be left alone.)

'I'm so excited to try this cl, or I'm so glad to be back. '. I try that kind of thing and usually they will chat more with me the rest of the trip. Yes I will do this at morning and evening as needed so they know I want attention lol.

It just subtlety changes the way the trip goes. I get more greetings, and how was your day kind of thing.

I also find at times I get a little more TLC, if I ask for a wine to go a cm may ask what size or just bring a larger cup .

I don't monopolize their time. I chat when they not busy, mainly to thank them for making my trip special by doing what they do:flower1:

@trishadono above had a spot-on response to this. Don't be nervous. There are stand-out CM's at every single CL. Sometimes it takes multiple trips and longer stays at each CL to have a fair assessment. Example: we stayed at a particular CL for only 2 nights. So we had the same CMs on duty both nights and most were not friendly. However, on Day 3 as were leaving, we encountered THE best CM's and we were sorry we missed them.

As far as BC itself, it has so much to offer since the renovation over and beyond the CM's (we loved it even before the renovation when the lounge was tiny). The food offerings are plentiful, the lounge space is nice, the rooms are very nice, the resort itself is welcoming and bright, and you know all about the pool and area.

I am going into our first CL visit without high expectations. Not to be a downer...and it is a lot of money...but I am coaching my husband that just because we paid $$$$ for Poly, don't expect it to be on the same level as Four Seasons. If we have friendly CMs and wonderful service, that will be great! If we have grumpy CMs and mediocre service I have already decided other people's attitudes and service won't ruin the week unless I let it. (Still working on husband to get to this same zen!) That said, if there is a real issue that needs to be corrected, I won't hesitate to visit the front desk. I have found at hotels elsewhere they are usually very glad to fix solvable issues...they just need to know about it. But if it's a CL CMs "attitude"...well I will just say something friendly and plan to have a better day than they are:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter