• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Most all the CL we've used are closed access. You can't get in without your MB opening the door to get in to the area in one way out another. Sometimes it is via the elevator. In the case of BWI, you have to use you band to enter the door, since the floor is mixed. It would be hard to get in to the lounge at Disney. Others shouldn't let one follow them. I know we never have. Folks used their bands behind us

Someone could bring it to you though, if they were inclined to. I suspect the staff is trained to watch for abuses
It is the same at HRH club level. You need to use your room key to get up to the seventh floor and when the club level door is closed you need your room key to access it. Nothing stops you from getting food or drinks and bringing them back to your room or where ever at Disney or HRH. It is sort of an honor system. I am sure there are CM's that notice some people who don't belong at some of the CL lounges but I see so many people with 1,2 or 3 day stays how would anyone keep track of that many people. The big difference between Disney CL and HRH is the price. You can stay in a room of your choosing at HRH CL. You can get a king bed or two queens or a suite for a lot less money than at Disney. Last year we stayed at CR TPV room for 4 nights for not much less than the cost of 2 HRH CL rooms. CR room was about $2700 and the HRH CL $1400. So I can put up with a little inconvenience, for that price difference.

The YC has the best one, my kids loved the private room BUT keep in mind that your kids would need to be older since there are no tables just chairs and you balance plates on your laps. There are side tables but not too big on space and they are next to the couch. Now, adults could sit in here if they wanted since the furniture is all full size, but the room is smaller and the TV is on Disney Channel.

The Atrium Club at the Contemporary has a small table and chairs in front of a televsion in the corner of the room that plays Disney Channel all day. There were coloring pages during the 'snack' time.

We were just at YC in April. I posted a photo of the kids area on the last page. There are 2 small tables there. You may be referring to the TV area that has upholstered chairs? That is different from the kids area. And that tv was on news & sports when we were there.

It is the same at HRH club level. You need to use your room key to get up to the seventh floor and when the club level door is closed you need your room key to access it. Nothing stops you from getting food or drinks and bringing them back to your room or where ever at Disney or HRH. It is sort of an honor system. I am sure there are CM's that notice some people who don't belong at some of the CL lounges but I see so many people with 1,2 or 3 day stays how would anyone keep track of that many people. The big difference between Disney CL and HRH is the price. You can stay in a room of your choosing at HRH CL. You can get a king bed or two queens or a suite for a lot less money than at Disney. Last year we stayed at CR TPV room for 4 nights for not much less than the cost of 2 HRH CL rooms. CR room was about $2700 and the HRH CL $1400. So I can put up with a little inconvenience, for that price difference.
The only thing that stopped us at HRH was it wasn't out all the time. And they would only give 1 drink at a time. Rather long walk from pool to 7th floor and back, 1 drink at a time.
The nights we stayed BWI CL were cheaper than our nights at HRH CL. I'm not surprised CR TPV was more though.

The only thing that stopped us at HRH was it wasn't out all the time. And they would only give 1 drink at a time. Rather long walk from pool to 7th floor and back, 1 drink at a time.
The nights we stayed BWI CL were cheaper than our nights at HRH CL. I'm not surprised CR TPV was more though.
I am not comparing discounted rates. I am comparing rack rates at both resorts and the CR room was not CL. That was my point. It was a regular room at WDW vs a CL room at HRH with pool view at the same time of year just 1 week apart both weeks at the beginning of December. I'm sure with bounce back or discounts you can get a CL room at WDW cheaper but that was not my comparison. For a $1000 less I can pay for a few drinks by the pool.

Edited to add-My Poly stay this year is CL and if I stayed at HRH CL it would be $4000 less. Again I am comparing rack rates.

Last edited:

We were just at YC in April. I posted a photo of the kids area on the last page. There are 2 small tables there. You may be referring to the TV area that has upholstered chairs? That is different from the kids area. And that tv was on news & sports when we were there.

Ahh, maybe the family that was in there before my kids had the channel changed each day? it was always on Disney Channel when we were there. The small area outside of the food area for the kids was always taken, that could be why they turned the tv in the smaller room.

Just making my way through the thread, but doing a CL stay for business at Beach Club from July 19-22, so please add me to the list. I will likely have questions, but still need to read through first! Been to BC and BCV a few times, but first time Club Level at this resort.

... my youngest reached over to tap the MB...lo and behold we did it and 1 couple got off on another floor and the person that asked us our floor waited to get off with us AND they both got off on our floor AND followed us in to the lounge! I didn't know what to say or do, but they loaded plates (2 each) and left back towards the elevators!
Sounds kind of exciting.

Question about split stay: I will be staying at Pop before checking in at Poly CL. On the check-in day at Poly, do I NEED to stop by the front desk at Pop to "check out" so I can get a room at Poly?? Or is that something the CL concierge can help me with so I can save some time in the morning??
I checked out at the desk of CR before checking into GF. I still had problems. Took GF about half an hour to sort it out. They asked me, 'did you actually check out at the CR desk?' It didn't matter, they still had to fumble around with everyone's magic bands to get them to work. They told me because it was 'so early' (8:30am).

I would probably check out if you have time/no line but otherwise just see someone when you get to your new resort.

Question about split stay: I will be staying at Pop before checking in at Poly CL. On the check-in day at Poly, do I NEED to stop by the front desk at Pop to "check out" so I can get a room at Poly?? Or is that something the CL concierge can help me with so I can save some time in the morning??

We just returned from a split stay. We were told we had to check out of resort #1 before we checked in to resort #2. We did just that and did not have any issues. We arrived at resort #2 at 7:30 am and we were able to enjoy CL breakfast before going to Epcot..

We just returned from a split stay. We were told we had to check out of resort #1 before we checked in to resort #2. We did just that and did not have any issues. We arrived at resort #2 at 7:30 am and we were able to enjoy CL breakfast before going to Epcot..

With Disney's system you just never know. In 9 split stays we've never checked out of resort #1 and have had zero issues. Friends of ours always check out of resort #1 and have had issues 3 out of 6 times. :confused3

With Disney's system you just never know. In 9 split stays we've never checked out of resort #1 and have had zero issues. Friends of ours always check out of resort #1 and have had issues 3 out of 6 times. :confused3
We never check out of any resort either. We never knew or were told we were supposed to either. It's never caused a problem, or not one that I've known of.
We just leave Resort 1, go to Resort 2, and when we get a room ready text, go to the room. Or if we don't get it, go to the desk to inquire. Whichever comes first.
But, we also do room only every time. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Not long to go for our August Kilimanjaro club stay. Just thinking about room requests, does anyone have a great room they have stayed in or trail side for Jambo house? We would need two queen beds. I'm honestly so excited, it' been 3 years since our last trip, i am looking forward to using lots of the lovely drinks tips I have picked up from this thread :)

I travel a lot and haven’t physically or electronically “checked-out” of a hotel - Disney or otherwise - in a long, long time. No issues, ever.

EXCEPT for this past April. We stayed a night at AoA before moving to AKL CL the next morning. Our MBs at AKL were a comedy of errors right from the beginning and despite an excellent check-in experience. Elevator access? Nope - didn’t work. Lots of starring at computer screens and checking all of our bands. Was assured all was well.

An hour(ish) later at the pool bar I go to pay for my Tusker beer. Rejected. Bar CM fiddles with her computer, we attempt to scan several more times, same result. Line behind me is getting angry/restless.

The bar CM dialed a number on the phone and I sat there for what was probably 20 minutes on hold, being passed from CM to CM, etc. DW was giving me dirty looks from across the way since she was having to watch both kids. The “what the heck is taking so long, do you really need that beer before noon” look. :-)

But alas, the phone CM was finally able to do something which got everything working. She never said exactly what was wrong, but did make a few comments along the lines of the room charging system “seeing me as a guest in both resorts” and that was causing the problem.

Was all of this because of switching resorts and not checking out of AoA? I’m not sure. Could just be MDE flukiness of course.

But it has perhaps spooked me enough to “check-out” of Resort #1 in the future, just to be sure!!

Sorry, long post. If it sounds like I’m complaining above, I’m not. We’ve occasionally had MB issues in the past and things happen. We were just happy to be there at the start of a wonderful stay.

Not long to go for our August Kilimanjaro club stay. Just thinking about room requests, does anyone have a great room they have stayed in or trail side for Jambo house? We would need two queen beds. I'm honestly so excited, it' been 3 years since our last trip, i am looking forward to using lots of the lovely drinks tips I have picked up from this thread :)

My one and only (but not last) AKL stay was this past April. I requested the “Zebra Trail” so we’d be close to the elevators that go right down to the pool (we spend a lot of time at the resort pool).

Our room location was below. Locationally, it was perfect for us. I’m not going to say we had the absolute best animal viewing, but it was totally fine and we saw plenty - both near and far.

In the first map, our room was the red arrow... that first red star is the elevator that goes down to the Pool, Mara, etc. The red start by the lobby is roughly the elevator that goes up to the lounge.

4505 Location.png

4505 Location - Zoomed In.png

I travel a lot and haven’t physically or electronically “checked-out” of a hotel - Disney or otherwise - in a long, long time. No issues, ever.

EXCEPT for this past April. We stayed a night at AoA before moving to AKL CL the next morning. Our MBs at AKL were a comedy of errors right from the beginning and despite an excellent check-in experience. Elevator access? Nope - didn’t work. Lots of starring at computer screens and checking all of our bands. Was assured all was well.

An hour(ish) later at the pool bar I go to pay for my Tusker beer. Rejected. Bar CM fiddles with her computer, we attempt to scan several more times, same result. Line behind me is getting angry/restless.

The bar CM dialed a number on the phone and I sat there for what was probably 20 minutes on hold, being passed from CM to CM, etc. DW was giving me dirty looks from across the way since she was having to watch both kids. The “what the heck is taking so long, do you really need that beer before noon” look. :-)

But alas, the phone CM was finally able to do something which got everything working. She never said exactly what was wrong, but did make a few comments along the lines of the room charging system “seeing me as a guest in both resorts” and that was causing the problem.

Was all of this because of switching resorts and not checking out of AoA? I’m not sure. Could just be MDE flukiness of course.

But it has perhaps spooked me enough to “check-out” of Resort #1 in the future, just to be sure!!

Sorry, long post. If it sounds like I’m complaining above, I’m not. We’ve occasionally had MB issues in the past and things happen. We were just happy to be there at the start of a wonderful stay.

Yuck! My feelings are since some have issues with MBs even when they do check out of resort #1 and some have issues when there isn't even a split stay involved, I'll take my chances and skip checking out of resort #1.

I recommend Zebra Trail rather than Kudu trail. We had a room far down kudu trail, and while animal viewing was great it was quite a long walk to get to the pool or Mara. Not complaining, we had a great stay, but given the choice I would prefer Zebra trail for that reason.

Since we are entitled to CL services till the end of the day on our final day, I plan on going back for the dinner and dessert offerings on Wednesday the 20th even though we are checked into AoA. (we are booked in CL for the nights of the 18th and 19th) The offerings on Wednesday night has mac and cheese and chicken nuggets I know our kids would want to eat so I am so going to take advantage of the last meal we are entitled to. I will be sure to explain this to the CL cast members before we leave out though.

Since we are entitled to CL services till the end of the day on our final day, I plan on going back for the dinner and dessert offerings on Wednesday the 20th even though we are checked into AoA. (we are booked in CL for the nights of the 18th and 19th) The offerings on Wednesday night has mac and cheese and chicken nuggets I know our kids would want to eat so I am so going to take advantage of the last meal we are entitled to. I will be sure to explain this to the CL cast members before we leave out though.
You can of course but no need to at all. They know that you are a guest till midnight on your last day. They don't care, or likely even know, that you've moved elsewhere.

My one and only (but not last) AKL stay was this past April. I requested the “Zebra Trail” so we’d be close to the elevators that go right down to the pool (we spend a lot of time at the resort pool).

Our room location was below. Locationally, it was perfect for us. I’m not going to say we had the absolute best animal viewing, but it was totally fine and we saw plenty - both near and far.

In the first map, our room was the red arrow... that first red star is the elevator that goes down to the Pool, Mara, etc. The red start by the lobby is roughly the elevator that goes up to the lounge.

View attachment 327715

View attachment 327716
Amazing. Thanks so much!

I recommend Zebra Trail rather than Kudu trail. We had a room far down kudu trail, and while animal viewing was great it was quite a long walk to get to the pool or Mara. Not complaining, we had a great stay, but given the choice I would prefer Zebra trail for that reason.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter