Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We stay club level almost every trip. We have stayed at YC, BC, GF, BWI & CR. I think 3 times since Disney changed to DSS. I always make all my own arrangements. I haven’t spoken to anyone at DSS yet. Heck, I hardly ever filled out the forms that IPO used to send. I know some people say they like to make contact to “introduce” themselves. But I never understood why the need for that & never felt the need to do that. We have had great experiences every trip without ever talking to DSS. If you have any room requests you want to make, you could call them.

But otherwise, if there is nothing you need from them, I personally wouldn’t see any reason to contact them. It’s not like they give you any different treatment once you get there if they talked to you before hand.

With some regularity, new CL folks post and wonder why they haven't heard
from DSS. On the other hand, there are lots of folks who never feel the need to contact DSS.

If Disney's IT was better, I think the initial contact welcome from DSS would be consistent. As it is, it's very hit or miss.

I usually email or call my room very basic room request if I have one. I also like to let them know when we will be arriving.
For CL, the online room request options (at least the ones I've seen) often don't apply.

With some regularity, new CL folks post and wonder why they haven't heard
from DSS. On the other hand, there are lots of folks who never feel the need to contact DSS.

If Disney's IT was better, I think the initial contact welcome from DSS would be consistent. As it is, it's very hit or miss.

I usually email or call my room very basic room request if I have one. I also like to let them know when we will be arriving.
For CL, the online room request options (at least the ones I've seen) often don't apply.

Yea, I see letting them know your room requests & arrival time especially if you hope to have a room ready when you arrive. But I have seen people post that they email just to “introduce themselves”. Not with room requests or anything else. Just “hi, we’re the smith family, we’re staying there XX dates. We’re so excited”. Those are the ones I don’t get. Definitely contact them if you have a need. But if you have nothing you need from them, I don’t see any reason to contact them, just to say you will be staying there. The poster I was answering said she needed nothing from them & was asking if there was any reason to contact them. In that case, I don’t see any need to.

I sure agree about the IT & online requests!

Got a question for anyone who happens to have done both.
We are doing a split stay next week.
2 nights at BWI CL
Then we are moving and doing 2 nights elsewhere
Right now I have Poly CL booked, Garden View but I'm tossing around the idea of switching to CR Theme Park View Atrium CL. Cost is pretty even. Poly CL TPV is not available (at least right now)
We don't spend oodles of time in the parks, since we go often. I've not done wither CL, so both are stays we want to try to cross off our list (they are the only 2 we have left to do)
So, which one should we do next week? Which one would YOU do?

As to contact from DSS, we used to never get any
We have gotten calls from them for our last 2 trips in a row. Got a call yesterday for our stay next week and he mentioned both stays. I'm not sure which one triggered the call. The Poly stay was booked just a couple days ago so I'm guessing it was the one that triggered the call. The BWI stay was booked a couple months ago

2 nights at BWI CL
Right now I have Poly CL booked, Garden View but I'm tossing around the idea of switching to CR Theme Park View Atrium CL. Cost is pretty even. Poly CL TPV is not available (at least right now)
We don't spend oodles of time in the parks, since we go often. I've not done wither CL, so both are stays we want to try to cross off our list (they are the only 2 we have left to do)

Are you at BWI for 7/4? Or would that day be at Poly or CR? And is it just you and DH? Sorry for the Qs.

I would say come join the Poly party, but from what I (think I) know of your Disney traveling style, I’d go CR Atrium TPV. From a pure room perspective, CR TPV wins out over Poly GV for us.

As to contact from DSS, we used to never get any
We have gotten calls from them for our last 2 trips in a row. Got a call yesterday for our stay next week and he mentioned both stays. I'm not sure which one triggered the call. The Poly stay was booked just a couple days ago so I'm guessing it was the one that triggered the call. The BWI stay was booked a couple months ago

I was very surprised to receive a call from DSS yesterday 6/28 since I just booked our CL stay for October on 6/26.
I was so caught off guard I totally forgot to mention my room request.

Are you at BWI for 7/4? Or would that day be at Poly or CR? And is it just you and DH? Sorry for the Qs.

I would say come join the Poly party, but from what I (think I) know of your Disney traveling style, I’d go CR Atrium TPV. From a pure room perspective, CR TPV wins out over Poly GV for us.
Yes, just DH and I, at BWI on 7/3 and 4, then move for 5 and 6, fly home on the 7th.
Redgie at BWI is preparing a special menu at BWI so we have to stick there for that :)

Thanks for your thoughts, I was thinking you'd done both and hoping you'd chime in. What about food offerings. That's really what I'm wondering about. How do they compare? Or most importantly, adult beverages? Beer choices fairly good at both?

I have gone back and forth in the past hour! From leaning to CR and now I'm back to keeping Poly. It's highly likely this will be a one time stay at whichever we pick. But we will eventually stay at the other sometime or another.

What about food offerings. That's really what I'm wondering about. How do they compare? Or most importantly, adult beverages? Beer choices fairly good at both?
Poly food selection tended towards pot stickers, chicken wings, sushi. They have the lunchtime lettuce wraps now that I did not experience when I was there. My mother stayed there and she was not thrilled with the choices, but she is kind of picky; she felt the choices were 'exotic'. CR the choices were good but I thought tended to be on the smaller side. The soups were good. CR had a nicer wine selection. Not sure about the beer.

2 nights at BWI CL

Tough choice, but great one in that there is no bad answer! I don’t have time to go in depth with an answer now unfortunately, and I’m afraid I can’t be much help because since I read this I’ve been waffeling back and forth on your choices and as soon as I pick one I immediately think of the good points of the other and change my kind again! Right now, and for my family, I think I would do Poly, but without kids and having read what I have from you , maybe a slight edge to the CR for you because of the TPV room and not having to go to the lounge to get that? But I don’t know, as soon as I write that I flip flop on both! Sorry to not be much help, but I just wanted to reassure you that both are great and I would love either, plus if they are both on a bucket list you definitely can’t go wrong. If only Poly TPV is on your list and doing GV won’t mark it off, the maybe lean to CR!

A
Yes, just DH and I, at BWI on 7/3 and 4, then move for 5 and 6, fly home on the 7th.
Redgie at BWI is preparing a special menu at BWI so we have to stick there for that :)

Thanks for your thoughts, I was thinking you'd done both and hoping you'd chime in. What about food offerings. That's really what I'm wondering about. How do they compare? Or most importantly, adult beverages? Beer choices fairly good at both?

I have gone back and forth in the past hour! From leaning to CR and now I'm back to keeping Poly. It's highly likely this will be a one time stay at whichever we pick. But we will eventually stay at the other sometime or another.

I prefer Poly for beer. :-) They stock the fridge around noon and it’s self serve all day. So convenient. I like the beer selection better than CR. I do more “hanging out” in the Poly lounge than I do at CRs lounge. It’s just such a great space.

You may have seen these, but here are some moderately recent Poly and CR CL pics. Keep scrolling and you’ll get to the food. They do a better job covering the food than I can explain in words.

Poly CL - NYE

Poly CL - October 2017

Poly CL - May 2017 Food

CR Atrium Club - Sept 2017

ETA: I kind of worry about both CLs coming off of BWI. Not really a fair fight! CR food is pretty good, it's just not that abundant. Poly food is materially better than a few years ago, but it's a step down from many of the CLs (although in fairness I'm a big fan of the changes they've implemented).

Both good choices, tough call.

Last edited:

Please tell Redgie Jim and I said hi!

Tough choice, but great one in that there is no bad answer! I don’t have time to go in depth with an answer now unfortunately, and I’m afraid I can’t be much help because since I read this I’ve been waffeling back and forth on your choices and as soon as I pick one I immediately think of the good points of the other and change my kind again! Right now, and for my family, I think I would do Poly, but without kids and having read what I have from you , maybe a slight edge to the CR for you because of the TPV room and not having to go to the lounge to get that? But I don’t know, as soon as I write that I flip flop on both! Sorry to not be much help, but I just wanted to reassure you that both are great and I would love either, plus if they are both on a bucket list you definitely can’t go wrong. If only Poly TPV is on your list and doing GV won’t mark it off, the maybe lean to CR!

A

I prefer Poly for beer. :-) They stock the fridge around noon and it’s self serve all day. So convenient. I like the beer selection better than CR. I do more “hanging out” in the Poly lounge than I do at CRs lounge. It’s just such a great space.

You may have seen these, but here are some moderately recent Poly and CR CL pics. Keep scrolling and you’ll get to the food. They do a better job covering the food than I can explain in words.

Poly CL - NYE

Poly CL - October 2017

Poly CL - May 2017 Food

CR Atrium Club - Sept 2017

ETA: I kind of worry about both CLs coming off of BWI. Not really a fair fight! CR food is pretty good, it's just not that abundant. Poly food is materially better than a few years ago, but it's a step down from many of the CLs (although in fairness I'm a big fan of the changes they've implemented).

Both good choices, tough call.
Clearly you both feel my dilemma LOL
I think right now, I'm leaving us at the Poly and am going to check regularly for a different room category.
I'll save CR for a later choice.
Only reason I'm making that choice, Poly was my "first option" when we went to pick a 2nd resort. I didn't even think of CR then. CR didn't occur to me till today. I guess that means Poly was meant to be this time. Rather silly reason to pick Poly but hey, you gotta go with silly sometimes :)

Oh, and no worries, I'm not going to compare to BWI. I do realize that it won't be quite what we've experienced with having a chef right there, especially when he's going to be working up a special Holiday menu.

Just to clarify: the lounge is always open, but they do not always have food out. They still rope off food areas between service times to clean & set up the next offering. Plus after hours, everything is pretty much put away. At YC in April, you could access the soda fridge & coffee machine. But there wasn’t even creamers or sugar out. Sounds like you can now also get the mini ice creams too. But they don’t leave snacks or anything else out overnight. By it is open, it means they no longer lock the doors so you can go sit & relax in there anytime.
Yeah, no worries, I get that but thanks for the clarification :) I’m just happy about the space being available!

We are staying GF SL in December and I was wondering if any of you had a favorite room or rooms to avoid? 3 toddlers (4,2,2) I am hoping by a stroke of magic something opens in main building I could switch to but I'm not holding my breath

Angi Ill be at CR tpv Atrium 7/5-8. Come on over!!

Its after my poly gv cl days.

I love both but tpv cr beats gv anytime, anywhere. That cr view is amazing.

Oops missed you keeping poly. I love that lounge the best on property so enjoy.

Had a dream/nightmare that we checked in to our Poly CL TPV room.

But it wasn’t the Hawaii building, it was some strange longhouse I didn’t recognize located between Poly and GF - like where the luau is located.

Had a first floor room (we request third) but had a terrible view - definitely not TPV.

Tried to go find the Hawaii longhouse so I could discuss the room with CL CMs but kept getting lost. I’d make it to the pool but for whatever reason just could not find the way to Hawaii. I kept telling myself “it’s just right there” but it wasn’t happening. Kept getting lost.

Then I woke up.

Must be a sign I need a few Lapu Lapus!

Happy early 4th of July to everyone, I know several folks have trips over this time frame. Hope everyone has a great time!

I have a dream like this before every vacation (or big event for that matter). The funny thing is now my DD7 does too. She may sleep like a rock like her father but she has crazy vivid anxiety dreams and remembers them like me.

Before my WDW honeymoon, I had a dream I was in line for BTMR and realized I had forgotten my wedding bands at home. My dream I usually have is I am stuck packing and repacking and can't seem to get everything to car.

Have a great trip!!!

Evening all. Just got back from another great CR Atrium Club stay and wanted to get a few thoughts/pics out while they are fresh. These posts will be pic heavy, so I apologize in advance.

Quick background... this trip was four nights, 8/31-9/4. I've said before that CR is my Disney "business trip" resort of choice. I like CR a lot but prefer it for shorter stays that usually have some purpose. I don't love it enough to stay there for a longer trip. For this trip, the purpose was MNSSHP this past Friday. I also had EMM scheduled for Sunday. The walk-ability factor from CR really helps on trips such as this, IMHO.

I last stayed Atrium Club for a very similar trip this time last year, and this was my third Atrium Club stay. All in all I found things pretty much the same overall, no material changes in amenities or offerings. Some of you may remember we stayed a couple of nights in Tower Club earlier this year as well, which has effectively identical offerings.

Overall CR Atrium Club gets high marks from me. Like all CLs, there are pros/cons, but it gets the job done for my expectations.

So here goes!

I had a TPV room, #4483. Three doors down from the lounge (great!) on the Chef Mickey's side of the building (bad!). Note I did not submit any room requests (on purpose), although in the past I have requested to not be on the Chef Mickey's side. I was reminded why I feel that way... the fact is you do hear a bit of noise from CMs and Contempo Cafe starting at 7AM until about 11PM at night. When the A/C is on there's enough white noise you don't notice it... but if the A/C has cycled off, you learn the words to that "Celebrate" song real quick. Ok, maybe slight exaggeration, but if you want an absolutely quiet room, this side of the building is not for you.

Anyways.... a few pics...

The room was quite nice. I could be wrong but the carpet seemed like it had been replaced recently. No more bed throws or yellow accent pillows here... which is pretty much the style all over WDW I guess....
View attachment 267450

Again, could be wrong, but it looked like this couch had been recovered recently.
View attachment 267451

No clocks in CR these days. There are only four USB plugs in the room, all right here on the nightstand.
View attachment 267452

Keurig machine. But, no bottle of water like last year. I figured that could be cut quickly. An unfortunate change as I found that to be a nice touch.
View attachment 267453

Joffrey's French Roast....
View attachment 267454

Two robes, two slippers....
View attachment 267455

I promptly used one sink to hold my toiletry bag the duration of the trip, the other sink was actually used.
View attachment 267456

Latest in-room offerings. The mouthwash was new to me, had not seen that before.
View attachment 267457

Many people seem to like how the toilet is in a separate room at CR...
View attachment 267458

Shower with a few additional toiletries...
View attachment 267459
Are you sure room 4483? I screenshot your floor map and rooms are 25-48 i think ?

Anyways thanks for reposting, getting close now for us!!!

Lol the dreaded Disney stress dream. Really how could you get lost at POLY???

Last edited:
We are staying GF SL in December and I was wondering if any of you had a favorite room or rooms to avoid? 3 toddlers (4,2,2) I am hoping by a stroke of magic something opens in main building I could switch to but I'm not holding my breath
Most rooms have great options. The big issue for SOME is to have or not to have a dormer room. If prefer one or the other then request it. The building is small and easy to get around.

GF thread has more info . From Jan to current I have posted lots of floor maps and pix. I stayed SL in Jan and RPC in May so pix usually near those times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter