Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Ha we can do the dueling appetizers pix! Lol my friends and I have fun with that.

We did that time of year many many years, then dd went to college and wanted to be HOME for the holiday. It's been since 2012 since I have been back for Thanksgiving. Sadly it also was the last trip with dear FIL. Good memories tho! SIL also came that year and the family was all together that year

I finally did the 4th at poly this year. So so so so much fun! Lots of Dis friends there .
My kids love home at thanksgiving too. I guess that’s a good thing. We must do something right then!

Anybody else down there this holiday???

I hope you can still add CL at wl. My fingers are crossed !.
My daughter (7) and I are staying at WL 11/20-11/24. CL wasn’t available when I made our reservation, but I’m really, really hoping we’ll be able to pay to add CL access while we’re there! I check almost daily to see if an actual CL room opens up, but no luck yet. At this point it’s probably easier (less time consuming and less expensive, lol) to forget changing our reservation and instead just plan to add it while we’re there...but I keep checking anyway.

My daughter (7) and I are staying at WL 11/20-11/24. CL wasn’t available when I made our reservation, but I’m really, really hoping we’ll be able to pay to add CL access while we’re there! I check almost daily to see if an actual CL room opens up, but no luck yet. At this point it’s probably easier (less time consuming and less expensive, lol) to forget changing our reservation and instead just plan to add it while we’re there...but I keep checking anyway.

I've never heard of paying to use CL access, can you tell me more?

Wl is the only one doing it. They changed the resort. They took 1/2 and made it dvc, ( Copper Creek Villas).

So with less rooms for the resort they have the ability to add cl privileges to a std room. It's $99ish a night I believe.

Disneyland does this for DLH and GCH FYI.

Last edited:

It's only an option at WL (presumably only there because the actual room count on the CL floor in the post-DVC era is less than half of what it used to be). I believe it's $99 per night (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You inquire at check-in and it's subject to availability. You don't actually move to a room on the CL floor... you keep your room.

Hope that helps!

The plus of purchasing CL access for $99 per night at the WL at check-in is that you can get a full balcony room, your room is just not on the 7th floor with the CL lounge. The CL rooms on the 7th floor all are dormer roofed balconies and have solid 1/2 wall railings which means you have to stand to enjoy most of the view.

Dave

Hmm it still works.

Honey let's go visit your mom ( used to be both mom n dad). While we are in Florida let's do a few days in Disney. Our son is on college break and can come too.

So a few weeks before Thanksgiving break I have airfare for 3 booked for free with points, 2/3 of us had AP's. I booked FP's today and we are doing Wl for Fri-Sun 11/23-25 . I love flying from NE to MCO direct JetBlue and can watch Tgiving parade while we fly that morning. We will drive to Mom's and have a family dinner then leave on Friday for WDW.

@TJA ??

Exciting! Almost my exact dates! Well, I just had to tweak again yesterday. So we are arriving on Friday but we go home on Monday. GF LV on Friday and then RPC on Saturday and Sunday.

Hmm it still works.

Honey let's go visit your mom ( used to be both mom n dad). While we are in Florida let's do a few days in Disney. Our son is on college break and can come too.

So a few weeks before Thanksgiving break I have airfare for 3 booked for free with points, 2/3 of us had AP's. I booked FP's today and we are doing Wl for Fri-Sun 11/23-25 . I love flying from NE to MCO direct JetBlue and can watch Tgiving parade while we fly that morning. We will drive to Mom's and have a family dinner then leave on Friday for WDW.

@TJA ??

Wait, you’re going to be at WL the 23-25?!!

Though I have a trip coming up soon (double digits!!! party:), I’m still having fun planning an early February 2020 RPC stay as well! I plan to purchase the extra CL fast passes. We’re hoping for the spring room-only discount, too.
As I read and research more about the opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in “late fall 2019”, I’m growing more and more nervous that I’m not choosing a great time to go.
Concerns:
1. Hate crowds (Had a hard time with 6/10 crowd days in last trip)
2. Lack of discounts (Will they offer the same when demand for rooms will likely be up?)
3. Changes to Extra CL FP Trial (Will it still exist, and only for CL members? Price increase? Change in parameters/ limitations?)
What do you think???
As always, I’m so appreciative of your input and can’t wait to hear what the ‘experts’ say! :thanks:
P.S. I will say that I’m finding the CCV intriguing, but I don’t think I can give up CL!

Though I have a trip coming up soon (double digits!!! party:), I’m still having fun planning an early February 2020 RPC stay as well! I plan to purchase the extra CL fast passes. We’re hoping for the spring room-only discount, too.
As I read and research more about the opening of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in “late fall 2019”, I’m growing more and more nervous that I’m not choosing a great time to go.
Concerns:
1. Hate crowds (Had a hard time with 6/10 crowd days in last trip)
2. Lack of discounts (Will they offer the same when demand for rooms will likely be up?)
3. Changes to Extra CL FP Trial (Will it still exist, and only for CL members? Price increase? Change in parameters/ limitations?)
What do you think???
As always, I’m so appreciative of your input and can’t wait to hear what the ‘experts’ say! :thanks:
P.S. I will say that I’m finding the CCV intriguing, but I don’t think I can give up CL!

There still isn’t a set date of opening for SWGE, supposed to be late 2019 last I’d heard, I have heard that opening could easily be pushed into early 2020 with the bugs being worked out of everything. There isn’t really a solid way to predict how crowds will react many I know are saying they won’t go right away. I’m not. February though the first half before Presidents Day weekend is typically a very good time for lower crowds and good rates.
I’m gonna be keeping an eye on certain offers such as Free Dining when and if it comes back for 2019, I know a BB was available for 2019 bookings recently, which has been the norm. Depending on how far into December that offer goes will give me an idea of how confident Disney is feeling with current reservations, typically it’s right up to about the 22nd or 23rd. IMO if that’s cut back or not available at all, that’s away I believe they already have a high # of reservations, which could give a person a clue for a “crowd trend” for the end of 2019 and into 2020.

When SWGE does open it will be packed at HS, maybe you’d get lucky and be able to just walk onto FOP.......:rotfl2:

Last edited:
The plus of purchasing CL access for $99 per night at the WL at check-in is that you can get a full balcony room, your room is just not on the 7th floor with the CL lounge. The CL rooms on the 7th floor all are dormer roofed balconies and have solid 1/2 wall railings which means you have to stand to enjoy most of the view.

Dave
Thanks for reminding of that. I didn't care for that balcony my last cl stay.

I am dreaming of that cobbler......

There still isn’t a set date of opening for SWGE, supposed to be late 2019 last I’d heard, I have heard that opening could easily be pushed into early 2020 with the bugs being worked out of everything. There isn’t really a solid way to predict how crowds will react many I know are saying they won’t go right away. I’m not. February though the first half before Presidents Day weekend is typically a very good time for lower crowds and good rates.
I’m gonna be keeping an eye on certain offers such as Free Dining when and if it comes back for 2019, I know a BB was available for 2019 bookings recently, which has been the norm. Depending on how far into December that offer goes will give me an idea of how confident Disney is feeling with current reservations, typically it’s right up to about the 22nd or 23rd. IMO if that’s cut back or not available at all, that’s away I believe they already have a high # of reservations, which could give a person a clue for a “crowd trend” for the end of 2019 and into 2020.

When SWGE does open it will be packed at HS, maybe you’d get lucky and be able to just walk onto FOP.......:rotfl2:

@DisneyLifePapioNe , thanks for your reply! Maybe going at that time (right after SWGE's POSSIBLE opening) isn't a good idea :sad:! We're actually not going for GE, it's just the time of year we'd like to go to Disney, and of COURSE we want to go every year! But maybe we should hold off? In regards to the BB, the current offer I saw floating around does in fact go right up to before Christmas, so perhaps as you mentioned, that gives us a clue...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter