• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Sorry, just had to correct this statement. Here is a screenshot from the selections of categories for club level rooms. There is standard and deluxe. The Cottages are a separate category, but those that are considered Deluxe rooms face the boardwalk / water view. The standard can look out over the green area between the Villas and the Inn section or over the back Gardens and quiet pool. The standards also may give you a view of Epcot fireworks.
I think that’s what @AngiTN said, isn’t it? There’s just standard CL, deluxe CL, and the garden cottages. She just abbreviated it a bit, which I understand since I’m often typing from my iPhone which I hate haha!

She meant you can get either a BW view OR the garden view when you book standard CL. Regular CL rooms used to be broken into booking categories of BW view and something like garden or standard view, which I think was better. We didn’t get a BW view and I was annoyed knowing we payed the same as those who did.

Sorry, just had to correct this statement. Here is a screenshot from the selections of categories for club level rooms. There is standard and deluxe. The Cottages are a separate category, but those that are considered Deluxe rooms face the boardwalk / water view. The standard can look out over the green area between the Villas and the Inn section or over the back Gardens and quiet pool. The standards also may give you a view of Epcot fireworks.
Uh, is that not exactly what I said? I'm not sure what you are saying is incorrect. I guess you aren't agreeing that I used the term CL instead of Standard?

And you are wrong about the Standard. They can face the lake too.
There are no categories to CL at BWI. It's just CL, Deluxe or a Cottage.

Well its not worth arguing about... the Standard CL View I stayed in faced the Green, the grassy area between the lake and the back entrance of the resort. Yes, you can see the lake to the right, but most of those rooms are pretty close to the main building, and there are only a few of them. The ones closer to the Boardwalk/lake are Deluxe (used to be called water view I think). Most Standard CL View face the gardens, quiet pool, or (the ones closet to Epcot over the restaurant) have a woodsy view.

Eta: Boardwalk is a complicated Resort. For those who haven't been there it can be a maze. I'm only trying to clarify so no one gets the impression that they will get a full Boardwalk water view when booking a standard Club Level room. But if you are lucky you might get a partial water view.
That is simply incorrect.
There are numerous Standard CL rooms that face the water directly, right over the top of ESPN, Bakery, Ample Hills, etc.
I've stayed there monthly for 2 years now. I know it VERY well.
You most certainly will get a full on Boardwalk/Lake view with a standard room.
Care for some room numbers?

Nope I take it all back, you are correct. Apparently they have changed view assignments since I last booked. I will go back and edit my post. Sorry for causing more confusion!

Nope I take it all back, you are correct. Apparently they have changed view assignments since I last booked. I will go back and edit my post. Sorry for causing more confusion!
Yes, there used to be a Water category for CL. They removed that a couple years ago. After talking to Jackie and Lene the reason is there are just too few for it to be it's own category. They are now all Standard, if not Deluxe or Cottage. View is by request only. This is something unique to BWI, I believe. I think all the other resorts break their down. Other than AKL, where ALL CL rooms are Savannah View.

i Have been following this discussion about BWI standard club room. I am not picky about the location but really want a nice balcony. In some videos I’ve been watching it looks like there are some balconies that are bigger. (Which I would love). There are also some that have solid balcony rails (like boards) which I definitely. don’t want. I want to be able to sit on the balcony and look below me. Any suggestions on what to request?

I know y’all are discussing another resort, but if anyone has any suggestions on what to request in a standard club level room at yacht club, I’d love it. I know nothing about the locations of the rooms.

i Have been following this discussion about BWI standard club room. I am not picky about the location but really want a nice balcony. In some videos I’ve been watching it looks like there are some balconies that are bigger. (Which I would love). There are also some that have solid balcony rails (like boards) which I definitely. don’t want. I want to be able to sit on the balcony and look below me. Any suggestions on what to request?
I've read some of the rooms on the 3rd floor can have bigger balconies than the 4th floor. I'm a believer in Touring Plans...the room locator which shows the views. It's not perfect but it's a good site to play around in.

We just got back from YC CL Standard View last week. We stayed in room 5184 and the views were beautiful! It was right next to the large shared balcony and overlooked the entrance. You could also see Magic Kingdom's fireworks, which was a nice bonus :)

Thank you! This is very helpful! Did you love it? We are debating between GF and YC!

We just got back from YC CL Standard View last week. We stayed in room 5184 and the views were beautiful! It was right next to the large shared balcony and overlooked the entrance. You could also see Magic Kingdom's fireworks, which was a nice bonus :)
That’s funny, sound like we had a similar room and I thought the view was passable at best! I mean, it was SV so it was what I was expecting, but I am a balcony person and I barely went out just because there was no view to look at.

When we stayed SV CL at the YC (back when they let 5 in a room) I always made my request private (no shared balcony) and close to lounge. Once we got upgraded to GV which was amazing (we only had 4 then), and once we got a room where you described. The GV room really elevated to stay IMO.

edit- I just checked and we had 5186. Here are the view photos. So not terrible, it nothing I really sat out and looked at like a water view, or views from the MK resorts.
935FA9C9-4470-4141-A9C5-B1FEC6587A32.jpegE933D354-9BF2-4173-8798-B282CBAE74F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I've read some of the rooms on the 3rd floor can have bigger balconies than the 4th floor. I'm a believer in Touring Plans...the room locator which shows the views. It's not perfect but it's a good site to play around in.
I’m pretty sure this is for the deluxe rooms. The 3rd floor ones have larger balconies, the 4th floor ones have smaller balconies but are on the same floor as the lounge.

I do love to play with TP, just make sure you use common sense when looking at their room views. Most are great, a few are just flat out wrong! You can usually tell by what to view photo shows and what the resort overview may looks like. If you see something that just isn’t possible just assume that photo is wrong.

I’m pretty sure this is for the deluxe rooms. The 3rd floor ones have larger balconies, the 4th floor ones have smaller balconies but are on the same floor as the lounge.

I do love to play with TP, just make sure you use common sense when looking at their room views. Most are great, a few are just flat out wrong! You can usually tell by what to view photo shows and what the resort overview may looks like. If you see something that just isn’t possible just assume that photo is wrong.
Right. No big balconies on the 4th floor with the standard rooms. Only on the 3rd with deluxe

and on touring plans you have to also watch what room number the view is from. Other they are from a nearby room. It tells you that but you have to read the notice. It’s easy to miss

I’ve never seen a sold balcony at BWI. The 4th floor are smaller but open. It may be the few that are over the green and on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Which isn’t CL

Right. No big balconies on the 4th floor with the standard rooms. Only on the 3rd with deluxe

and on touring plans you have to also watch what room number the view is from. Other they are from a nearby room. It tells you that but you have to read the notice. It’s easy to miss
Yes, sometimes it’s a comparable view from the room right next door or a floor up and the view will be identical. But sometimes
the room will be from across the hall or around a corner- so obviously a much different view. I love TP though, you just have to watch occasionally.

Thank you! This is very helpful! Did you love it? We are debating between GF and YC!
We loved it. We like the location of YC, but thought the food and drink selections were really good. I know the selections aren't as good as some of the other CLs, but there was plenty of options and all of the cast members were friendly and helpful :)

That’s funny, sound like we had a similar room and I thought the view was passable at best! I mean, it was SV so it was what I was expecting, but I am a balcony person and I barely went out just because there was no view to look at.

When we stayed SV CL at the YC (back when they let 5 in a room) I always made my request private (no shared balcony) and close to lounge. Once we got upgraded to GV which was amazing (we only had 4 then), and once we got a room where you described. The GV room really elevated to stay IMO.

edit- I just checked and we had 5186. Here are the view photos. So not terrible, it nothing I really sat out and looked at like a water view, or views from the MK resorts.
View attachment 474564View attachment 474565
That's too funny! You were right next door. We liked the people watching and were just thrilled to not be looking at a roof lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter