Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

This is making me to not wait it out to see if club level will be offered later. Our club level stay is not until November, but I am afraid if we do not change to a standard room category now, we will not have that option later.
November is a long way off. We're scheduled for first week of December, BWI deluxe club. We've got to give Disney time to work things out. Heck, they aren't even open yet...as they open and things move along I think they'll figure out how to make CL work. Don't despair.....Yet:).

This is making me to not wait it out to see if club level will be offered later. Our club level stay is not until November, but I am afraid if we do not change to a standard room category now, we will not have that option later.

This is why I changed our August BWI CL booking to BWI Std for October. I figured I could possibly upgrade and at worst, I would have the least expensive deluxe room. Not sure I would even want any kind of modified CL experience anyway, for the prices they charge. Honestly just buy a bottle of wine at the gift shop and get some to go snacks with the CL savings :wizard:

I was going to call in this week and change my club level stay to a regular room, but with all the guests who needed to make changes for stays July- August, I decided to wait it out and think more about what we really need to do. So, we currently still have our club level stay at BWI for Thanksgiving week. I honestly do not see how the true club level experience we all are used too will or can happen this year. They could require guests to use hand sanitizer prior to going through the line, guests must wear a mask while going through the line, etc... but since the restaurants that are buffets are not opening, it makes me think no club level will be open, at least for the remainder of this year. So many things are different such as limited/different park hours and no park hopping.
With all of that in mind, we are leaning towards a different kind of trip. Move our reservation to The Beach club resort (new resort for us) and not do club level. Just go with the flow of the new park hours, try more restaurants, and go to Disney Springs for dinner some nights.
We have a stay at BWI CL booked for Thanksgiving week as well, and I am probably going to change it to a non-CL garden view at BWI when we get closer. I was trying to stay optimistic about it all, but it is looking very unlikely that by then any CL is open, and the cost savings can go towards experiencing more dining locations. We will be utilizing more DS locations since AK and MK close so early, eat lunch at one of those and then go to DS for dinner (be it TS or QS). With limited capacity in the parks I'm looking forward to actually being able to enjoy the week and take more time for dining, still sad not to have that glorious BWI CL, but there is nothing we can do at this point besides make the best out of it.

I'm curious what is happening to all the cast members who ordinarily work the club levels. Will they still be furloughed?
or maybe they'll be moved into other jobs, such as providing concierge to the NBA.

I know none of us know the answer unless we know such a cast member personally. I can see them moving these folk around though as they've all worked for years with the company.
I do know some BWI club members personally. I know one is working front desk. She is retiring Sept. 9th and I am going to miss her so very much. She has become a very important person in my life and a big part of my family’s life.

I really, really hope you are the exception to rule!!

I’m still flabbergasted they are sticking it to CL customers like this, $0 reimbursement for the loss of CL services, it’s a horrible policy. We look like idiots compared to all the rest of the people booked at our original hotels who didn’t purchase the upgrade 😔 “if you don’t like it cancel” Obviously. (In that spot I would have to, my travel budget when I book CL accounts for that hotel money going toward some food.) Being able to cancel doesn’t take the sting out of watching CL after CL reservation get told to pay up or get out.

It unfortunately is not the exception. They have created a CL penalty, if you will. They are aware of it and aren't interested in changing the policy. If you booked CL at a resort that is also closed, you will be moved (most likely downgraded) but given price protection and refunded if applicable. The problem is, someone who only had a standard room booked at the same deluxe resort will be getting moved also into the same room category as you, but also with price protection at the obviously much lower price. Even Moderate resort guests are being moved into the same rooms at their much lower price protected rate. The policy should be to refund the CL rate to that of a standard room first, and then move people if that resort is also closed. Again, Disney is aware of it, but not interested in fixing it at this point.

This is making me to not wait it out to see if club level will be offered later. Our club level stay is not until November, but I am afraid if we do not change to a standard room category now, we will not have that option later. We absolutely love club level and utilize it everyday, but I really just don't see how Disney can offer the club level experience we all are used to and what we pay to have. I was waiting until the craziness with the phone lines ends before making a change, but it seems to be inevitable. :guilty:

It is just so hard to give up on something you enjoy, such as club level. We already have had to accept some park changes; wacky park times, no park hopping, no fast passes, no fireworks, no holiday parties, no parades, and limited restaurants. Okay done with the downer post.

Here is to fun vacation at Disney, with not having to plan every detail. 🥂

My fellow Club Level Dis friends. lets just enjoy the sounds, the smells, and just take in everything we are offered from Disney. We may even just find out a change in plans wasn't so bad after all.
It's a rough call. I have a Nov res booked GDT CL. Luckily CSR is supposed to be open by then so I'm holding tight hoping that if CL isn't running by then I'll be downgraded to a standard GDT or CSR room and they will reimburse me for the downgrade. I'm hoping 2020 bookings are going to open in the next couple months after Disney gets their feet under them with regards to operating with COVID so I might have a chance to book something I want under my own terms instead of having to deal with this "Special Team" that is moving people.

Last edited:
I do know some BWI club members personally. I know one is working front desk. She is retiring Sept. 9th and I am going to miss her so very much. She has become a very important person in my life and a big part of my family’s life.
Change is inevitable, but in the last few years we have seen Scott become a Minnie Van driver, Pete and Linda retire, Anita get moved downstairs, and now Jackie is going to retire. Except for JJ, Joe, and Lorenzo, all the long term BW CL cast members will be gone. If you are a first time visitor to the BW Club Level then you wont know that anything is different personnel wise. But when the BW Club Level does reopen, on top of all the new restrictions that will be implemented, the Innkeepers Club without these great cast members will never be the same for many of their long time returning guests.

Change is inevitable, but in the last few years we have seen Scott become a Minnie Van driver, Pete and Linda retire, Anita get moved downstairs, and now Jackie is going to retire. Except for JJ, Joe, and Lorenzo, all the long term BW CL cast members will be gone. If you are a first time visitor to the BW Club Level then you wont know that anything is different personnel wise. But when the BW Club Level does reopen, on top of all the new restrictions that will be implemented, the Innkeepers Club without these great cast members will never be the same for many of their long time returning guests.
As you mentioned those sweet CM names it made me cry. Those special CM’s became family to us. We actually looked forward to seeing them just as much as we looked forward to enjoying Disney World. Those were the days my friend. I will definitely miss those gone and I will hold on to the time I will get to see JJ, Lorenzo, Chef Redgie, and Joe (Who‘s laughter makes my day).

I really, really hope you are the exception to rule!!

I’m still flabbergasted they are sticking it to CL customers like this, $0 reimbursement for the loss of CL services, it’s a horrible policy. We look like idiots compared to all the rest of the people booked at our original hotels who didn’t purchase the upgrade 😔 “if you don’t like it cancel” Obviously. (In that spot I would have to, my travel budget when I book CL accounts for that hotel money going toward some food.) Being able to cancel doesn’t take the sting out of watching CL after CL reservation get told to pay up or get out.

I don't understand how they can do this and/or why (well the why is a little easier... $$$), but like with the exception of the RPC CL at GF where being in the main building is a perk, once you get rid of the lounge (and given the fact that there are no ADRs/FP+ and the turndown service won't be offered due to COVID operations) there's no practical difference between a CL room and a non-CL room in the same view category. I guess an argument could be made about Hawaii at the Poly or Sugarloaf at GF being in "preferred" locations or the fact that CL guarantees a top floor room at most other resorts, but I doubt they will guarantee those anymore anyways. It shouldn't be very hard for Disney to figure out the difference in price between a CL room and a non-CL room in the same view category and subtract it from the rates of those who are losing CL amenities. Honestly, even with RPC, they could just apply the same rate discount they are giving to Sugarloaf CL guests which could approximate the difference for the loss of CL amenities while still reflecting the preferred room location in the Main Building. People shouldn't have to cancel and rebook their reservations to get that money back.

Saw Anita with white Mickey gloves on in the BWI lobby on a YouTube video a couple of days ago standing by Ellen-one of the managers. You could hear her booming voice and I just laughed. I keep in touch with her and she is happy to be back at work. She said she told Ellen when she saw that guy filming it was going to wind up on YouTube. I told her it must be nice to be famous:smooth:

You know, they really could make Club Level work if they wanted to. I assume Capt. Cooks will still have grab-n-go options. Why couldn't the club lounge offer the same? There's nothing inherently more dangerous about setting up one-way-walking and grab-n-go counters in the lounge than there would be at a Quick Service location. Or they could try pre-bundled baskets delivered to your room with granola bars, muffins, bottled waters, etc. in the morning and a snack bag in the afternoon (though I suspect you'll read a lot of complaints on this board about this limited offering not being sufficient). Other ideas: issue a room service credit; create a CL express lane at quick service or walk-in dining at resort restaurants for CL guests along with a dining discount. There is nothing that will please everyone, but it would be nice if they tried to offer a modified club experience in addition to the option just to cancel.

Booked for GDT Club Access August 20-27. They said they could only offer a move to Contemporary Non Club Level. Has anyone been moved to a club level room at another hotel from GDT? Or moved to another moderate with price paid for Club Level adjusted?
Hello!
Our original reservation was for Grand Destino-Club Level over the Labor Day weekend. When I called last week, she offered me Poly- Lagoon view-Club Level. No extra charge.
When I inquired as to whether or not Club Level was going to be offered GS said things change daily and if by some chance it was still not available that Disney would comp me otherwise..
Now I wouldn't hold bible to that but ill at the least make a phone call if it's still not offered in September.

You know, they really could make Club Level work if they wanted to. I assume Capt. Cooks will still have grab-n-go options. Why couldn't the club lounge offer the same? There's nothing inherently more dangerous about setting up one-way-walking and grab-n-go counters in the lounge than there would be at a Quick Service location. Or they could try pre-bundled baskets delivered to your room with granola bars, muffins, bottled waters, etc. in the morning and a snack bag in the afternoon (though I suspect you'll read a lot of complaints on this board about this limited offering not being sufficient). Other ideas: issue a room service credit; create a CL express lane at quick service or walk-in dining at resort restaurants for CL guests along with a dining discount. There is nothing that will please everyone, but it would be nice if they tried to offer a modified club experience in addition to the option just to cancel.
I think it would be a disaster with a whole lot of complaining, the entire time. Much easier to suspend CL for now.

Does anyone know what rooms are considered standard view for Poly CL? My TA is quoting me for standard view, but I've only seen garden, lagoon, and theme park views.

I think it would be a disaster with a whole lot of complaining, the entire time. Much easier to suspend CL for now.
I'm willing to wait and see for now. But if Disney doesn't offer CL guests any discount in time for my October trip, then I'd like them to try to provide some benefit for all the extra expense associated with CL. There will definitely be complaining if the only two options are pay full freight for no benefit OR cancel.

I agree with @Eastern, there are just to many CL amenities that will be removed to make the "charge" for CL worth anything at this point. At some future point Disney will restart CL service and I expect it will be a modified experience post pandemic.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter