Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

So we did PBH in May when they were still serving you/Covid restrictions.

I had just one night, tonight at HRH cl.
Pros you get off elevator and lounge is right there.
They set up a bar 5-7 with a nice selections of wine, and also had 2 mimosas. One was strawberry and the other apple. I asked for one to go since parks closed at 7p and it was 6:30.

I peeked at food and pathetic. One plate of veggies, one plate with just cheese cubes. A spring roll and chicken skewer.
There wasnt the bowl of fruit and meals like they had at PBH.

I had to get chicken nuggets downstairs and buy a fruit cup because only water and soda 7-8.
From 8-9 is desserts and NO cordial. I repeat, no alcohol of any kind. The desserts were a cookie a Chinese donut and a green tea tart.

Def not doing cl again. I’m canceling it for January.

The bar from 5-7 looked very nice, wish I had gotten a picture but I thought it would be there all night,

Upcharge got me one mimosa and 6 water bottles. Live n learn.

Thanks for your review. We stayed HRH CL end of May/beginning of June (first time at a Universal resort) and I wasn't impressed with CL. Granted some covid restrictions were still in place, but the offerings weren't anything to brag about. We had dinner plans each night so we never did evening apps, but one night we were heading out right around the evening serving time and my DH stuck his head into the lounge just to get a glimpse of the offerings. From what he could see, there wasn't much there and what was there didn't look too appetizing. We found the afternoon snacks to be just as disappointing. We spent 2 afternoons at the pool and figured the lounge would be handy for afternoon snacks/mini lunch. Pop and water were readily available all day/night, but the afternoon offerings were limited to bags of chips and cookies. One day for lunch I grabbed a couple bags of chips and some pop/water and we ordered a sandwich from the little store/grab n go place downstairs. We liked the hotel overall and enjoyed our stay, but unless things change for the better, we won't stay CL there again.

People were nice though . It just wasn’t the offerings I am accustomed to.

Agree as we found the CMs nice & friendly.

HRH breakfast is decent !

We enjoyed the lounge breakfast and thought there was plenty of variety. During our stay there were still covid restrictions in place so the self serve area was blocked off with CMs having to serve you. Other than that, breakfast looks just like it was 6 months ago. Now if they'd only up their game on afternoon & evening offerings!

OK, this is something I didn't think about. We head to Disney after Universal, how did Poly check you in, did you have to call or they just did it? We move to CR CL Dec 12 and plan to hit park around noon.

ETA I went over to the Genie thread, where I should have looked b4. 🤦‍♀️Found my answer. :)

We are checking in on the 12 also at CR CL, from Poly. Hope to see you there

For a club level experience the Celebration On Top at CG was AMAZING😍

Welcomed with a Bellini

All you can eat appetizers such as shrimp cocktail, salmon, sushi, lobster bisque, and many more!

Full bar! They kept refilling everyone’s glasses too!

After watching the 8pm fireworks desserts were out, I had a grand Marnier and it was served “in the biggest glass I’ve ever seen mom” quoted dd. Honey it’s a brandy snifter lol.

They also give you a glass flute to take home gift boxed!

For $129 it’s the best deal on property! It was truly the funnest thing we have done.0C70159F-B9DE-4114-B4E6-3C69A9871AB8.jpegF621BE24-779E-4E44-A0D2-606573E0CB7C.jpeg03559964-DA18-4ECD-9EC3-E5BE6E95D046.jpeg9D2AA342-9C75-4D6B-822A-404DA715066C.jpeg01CBF04B-98C5-4C6A-B645-9C281F627558.jpeg

Ok, I've been off the boards for a bit because I've been in a bit of a depression lately. BUT I do have a trip coming up end of January in a villa with my dad doing all the Star Wars stuff he's been dreaming about, and finally getting my sister (who has moved my parents in with her) to agree to a sisters trip to WDW. She's never been to WDW, every time she has ever had plans to go either the people cancel, her car breaks down, or some other disaster so she never gets to go last minute. This time it's all expenses paid for her and I want to do it right with CL and all the things, show her the best time.....I just can't decide which CL (I already know GF and CR are out because they are 100% not her scene). I'm at a loss, completely. I know she would adore WL because she's the outdoorsy type (literally has a degree in wilderness leadership), but would hate the transportation, and maybe it's the same ol' same ol' for her since she lives in the mountains. She would love the proximity of the Epcot resorts but I'm afraid none of them really match her vibe, might be able to swing BWI (and I LOVE Its CL) but I'm not sure about YC & BC and I haven't stayed at their CL yet. Poly I now LOVE as a resort but haven't stayed CL yet since it wasn't open in August, It's up there as a top contender. AKL is also a top contender, I know she'd love the style and seeing the animals, but she might have issues with the CL food (I know I did, so yummy, but my tummy was unhappy and that's genetic lol).

So, this is long I know lol, but so far in order of "where the heck to stay" I have: WL, Poly, BWI all tied for first; then YC, BC, & AKL rounding out the bottom as "never say never" choices. I think this is so hard because I want it to be perfect, with my dad he just wanted to be close to HS and Epcot, easy. With her I want it to be just right. I've been 20 times now in 4 years, I should know where that place is, but my brain isn't working :(

Ok, I've been off the boards for a bit because I've been in a bit of a depression lately. BUT I do have a trip coming up end of January in a villa with my dad doing all the Star Wars stuff he's been dreaming about, and finally getting my sister (who has moved my parents in with her) to agree to a sisters trip to WDW. She's never been to WDW, every time she has ever had plans to go either the people cancel, her car breaks down, or some other disaster so she never gets to go last minute. This time it's all expenses paid for her and I want to do it right with CL and all the things, show her the best time.....I just can't decide which CL (I already know GF and CR are out because they are 100% not her scene). I'm at a loss, completely. I know she would adore WL because she's the outdoorsy type (literally has a degree in wilderness leadership), but would hate the transportation, and maybe it's the same ol' same ol' for her since she lives in the mountains. She would love the proximity of the Epcot resorts but I'm afraid none of them really match her vibe, might be able to swing BWI (and I LOVE Its CL) but I'm not sure about YC & BC and I haven't stayed at their CL yet. Poly I now LOVE as a resort but haven't stayed CL yet since it wasn't open in August, It's up there as a top contender. AKL is also a top contender, I know she'd love the style and seeing the animals, but she might have issues with the CL food (I know I did, so yummy, but my tummy was unhappy and that's genetic lol).

So, this is long I know lol, but so far in order of "where the heck to stay" I have: WL, Poly, BWI all tied for first; then YC, BC, & AKL rounding out the bottom as "never say never" choices. I think this is so hard because I want it to be perfect, with my dad he just wanted to be close to HS and Epcot, easy. With her I want it to be just right. I've been 20 times now in 4 years, I should know where that place is, but my brain isn't working :(

Wow, how wonderful that you’re doing this for your sister. My first thought is, a split trip, with Poly & BWI. I love YC & always stay there, but I don’t know your sister, lol. We’ve only stayed BWI CL once. I am tempted to try it again based on the food reports tho. WL & AKL seem too inconvenient based on the transportation options.

Wow, how wonderful that you’re doing this for your sister. My first thought is, a split trip, with Poly & BWI. I love YC & always stay there, but I don’t know your sister, lol. We’ve only stayed BWI CL once. I am tempted to try it again based on the food reports tho. WL & AKL seem too inconvenient based on the transportation options.
My only issue with YC (and in turn with BC because they have the same management) is how they have been run since reopening. To say I’ve had some bad experiences is an understatement, and I’ve stayed there several times since reopening, once with management meeting my husband and I at the door to take us to our room. They now leave me chocolates, water, and gifts when they see I’m coming, but I still end up having issues that those things can’t fix (sadly, because it’s a gorgeous resort and I love the location). The thought of a split stay has crossed my mind, still don’t know if she would be ok with it with the packing up and moving. Still waiting impatiently for her to send me her work schedule so I can plan this sucker, kinda all depends on the time of year, some places just more fun during the summer or winter.

Well, I am down to only 72 more days until our big anniversary trip and Jim and i are both very excited! The best news is today was Jim’s last day of chemo! It has been a long 6 months, but the end is finally here. The oncologist told us to enjoy the holidays and on January 5th Jim will have his scan and ring the bell signaling the end of his treatments. He has been such a trooper through it all and our family and friends have been so supportive. Now, I just want to get to the Boardwalk and celebrate 50 years of being married to my best friend!

I always wished I had a sister instead of a brother and this is why! How sweet of you to do this for your family! Since you mentioned doing all of the star wars stuff, that means lots of HS. I would say BWI. Lots of pros here, seems to tick many of your boxes. Maybe take her to Geyser point to check out WL. Poly would be a no for me because you are going in Jan. Sitting by the pool with a fun drink is one of the best pros of Poly and unless your sister lives in Alaska, it will probably be too cold for any pool time in Jan. Sounds like you are planning a great trip. One big pro you have is since she's never been she has nothing to compare it to, so if something doesn't go just right, she'll probably have no idea.

Well, I am down to only 72 more days until our big anniversary trip and Jim and i are both very excited! The best news is today was Jim’s last day of chemo! It has been a long 6 months, but the end is finally here. The oncologist told us to enjoy the holidays and on January 5th Jim will have his scan and ring the bell signaling the end of his treatments. He has been such a trooper through it all and our family and friends have been so supportive. Now, I just want to get to the Boardwalk and celebrate 50 years of being married to my best friend!
Yay! This makes me so happy 💖

I always wished I had a sister instead of a brother and this is why! How sweet of you to do this for your family! Since you mentioned doing all of the star wars stuff, that means lots of HS. I would say BWI. Lots of pros here, seems to tick many of your boxes. Maybe take her to Geyser point to check out WL. Poly would be a no for me because you are going in Jan. Sitting by the pool with a fun drink is one of the best pros of Poly and unless your sister lives in Alaska, it will probably be too cold for any pool time in Jan. Sounds like you are planning a great trip. One big pro you have is since she's never been she has nothing to compare it to, so if something doesn't go just right, she'll probably have no idea.
This is a good point, she doesn’t know any different, I do have to remember. She’s also not the Star Wars person, that was my dad with this coming trip (I was saying he was easy because he just wants to do Star Wars and Epcot, so a 2 bedroom villa at BWV was perfect), but she does want to go during a festival so BWI might be perfect. We aren’t pool people anyway, I’ve still yet to get in a single pool at Disney, even in August 😬

So happy for you both. Wishing Jim good health.
My only issue with YC (and in turn with BC because they have the same management) is how they have been run since reopening. To say I’ve had some bad experiences is an understatement, and I’ve stayed there several times since reopening, once with management meeting my husband and I at the door to take us to our room. They now leave me chocolates, water, and gifts when they see I’m coming, but I still end up having issues that those things can’t fix (sadly, because it’s a gorgeous resort and I love the location). The thought of a split stay has crossed my mind, still don’t know if she would be ok with it with the packing up and moving. Still waiting impatiently for her to send me her work schedule so I can plan this sucker, kinda all depends on the time of year, some places just more fun during the summer or winter.
What a nice thing to do for her. Sisters are so special❤ if it's her first trip I think a split stay is too much. At least for me anyway. I vote poly or bwi for location.

I wou

l would either do a boardwalk area resort or a split with WL. Even a day at the end , perhaps cl? Transportation is not that bad IMO. The resort isnt too big so the buses don’t get as full as some of the others.

Staying at poly without cl is odd. However mobile ordering from cc’s and Kona to-go has really helped!

We really miss the lagoon views from our room. Ours is the parking lot and mono.

Dh going on a golf trip 12/29-1/2, The guys decided to bring the wives. They staying at the cheapest rooms they could find.My sweetie let me book for us. So we have bwi cl 28-31 and 31-2 gf gv.

Hey I have n AP and can visit the lounge, do early entry and still bus to Meet them Ds later , right?

Staying at poly without cl is odd. However mobile ordering from cc’s and Kona to-go has really helped!

We really miss the lagoon views from our room. Ours is the parking lot and mono.

Dh going on a golf trip 12/29-1/2, The guys decided to bring the wives. They staying at the cheapest rooms they could find.My sweetie let me book for us. So we have bwi cl 28-31 and 31-2 gf gv.

Hey I have n AP and can visit the lounge, do early entry and still bus to Meet them Ds later , right?

It was great getting to see you again and meeting your beautiful DD! I hope you both enjoyed the Christmas party! Hope we get to meet DH in a couple weeks! 🙂 Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Not Club Level related but I know many here have stayed at both of the hotels concerned so I hope you’ll forgive the off topicness.
Which pools do people prefer, those at the Grand Floridian or those at the Polynesian? For context, we’re two adults (no kids) and key for us is: not too crowded (I appreciate that’ll depend on the time of day) and loungers to read on (ideally with the option for some shade). A good pool bar with some lunch options would be an added bonus but isn’t vital.

Not Club Level related but I know many here have stayed at both of the hotels concerned so I hope you’ll forgive the off topicness.
Which pools do people prefer, those at the Grand Floridian or those at the Polynesian? For context, we’re two adults (no kids) and key for us is: not too crowded (I appreciate that’ll depend on the time of day) and loungers to read on (ideally with the option for some shade). A good pool bar with some lunch options would be an added bonus but isn’t vital.

Based on what’s important to you, I’d definitely pick The Grand. Although I never feel The Beach Pool is overcrowded with kids, they do play kids games, as well as music there select days, so unless you are there for a non-game day, The Courtyard Pool might suit you a bit better. The Courtyard pool also has a hot tub. The bonus, IMO, at The Grand is there are pool bar servers (both pools) who will come around, take your order and bring your food/drinks to you. Here is the Courtyard Pool bar menu HERE Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:
So happy for you both. Wishing Jim good health.

What a nice thing to do for her. Sisters are so special❤ if it's her first trip I think a split stay is too much. At least for me anyway. I vote poly or bwi for location.
I am leaning towards either BWI or Poly, my husband is wanting to make a spreadsheet of pros and cons of each resort though for me lol. I might just let him just to give him something to do. Still have WL in there as a maybe though, it really depends on what time of year we go. If her work schedule ends up with us going when christmas decor is up we will 100% end up there because that resort is my favorite at christmas.

I wou

l would either do a boardwalk area resort or a split with WL. Even a day at the end , perhaps cl? Transportation is not that bad IMO. The resort isnt too big so the buses don’t get as full as some of the others.

I just remember when we stayed there the buses taking forever to come. They weren't crowded, we just waited forever when it wasn't first thing in the morning, which is not something I want to do with her. I think in the end it will depend on time of year and festivals, that might be the only way for me to make any decisions (stupid ADHD lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter