Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hey everyone! I haven’t been keeping up since COVID and our family outgrowing regular rooms and buying DVC. However, I just booked a BWI deluxe room over the 4th of July! We justified it by saying we would not do most of our usual TS ADRs- with 6 people that was costing us over $300 for most meals during our stay last week! So a year or so ago I could have told you everything about these rooms, but now I can’t remember 😫. What is the deal? Half on the 3rd floor and half on the lounge floor, but the lounge floor ones have tiny balconies? Is that right? If it is- a couple of questions.

1. How small are the small balconies? We love balconies and have 4 kids. Will we all be able to be out there together on a small one?
2. Is there a quick way between floors 3 and 4 that avoids going to the elevators or all the way to the end of a hall for stairs? Kind of like RPC?
3. Any other considerations on which rooms we would want to request? Other differences other than floor and balcony size?

I hope we end up keeping this reservation- I’ve always wanted to try these rooms and doing it over a holiday seems like a great way to do it. We love BWI CL but don’t love the BWI in general, or the pools, but I think the amazing CL and ability to walk to 2 parks will make it a great stay.

I think the4th floor balconies will be way too small to fit all of you. I will be in one of those rooms next week and will take a picture for you. It is very easy to get from the 3rd to the 4th floor. There is a stairway that comes right by the hall concierge desk. I love the deluxe rooms, even though it is just my husband and I going it was the only room available with my cast discount. I am sure one of my granddaughters will be in with us.

1. How small are the small balconies? We love balconies and have 4 kids. Will we all be able to be out there together on a small one?
2. Is there a quick way between floors 3 and 4 that avoids going to the elevators or all the way to the end of a hall for stairs? Kind of like RPC?
3. Any other considerations on which rooms we would want to request? Other differences other than floor and balcony size?

The Deluxe rooms are great. They have a lot of room. You won’t fit 6 people on the small balcony. Honestly, it barely fits 2 people in 2 small chairs.

2E17544D-8DFF-41A1-A878-6407E3FC4BB4.jpeg5AC9C976-8481-42E5-B26A-DF53642D89E5.jpegBDE25048-D47B-48D9-8FCA-20DEAD6191C4.jpegEC941A61-0360-455D-B83A-37C8904C2D23.jpeg

EE72FCE7-B3C0-4E35-A569-20C42705E1BB.jpeg

If you zoom in on the last photo, the small balconies are the top ones over the bakery.

Hey everyone! I haven’t been keeping up since COVID and our family outgrowing regular rooms and buying DVC. However, I just booked a BWI deluxe room over the 4th of July! We justified it by saying we would not do most of our usual TS ADRs- with 6 people that was costing us over $300 for most meals during our stay last week! So a year or so ago I could have told you everything about these rooms, but now I can’t remember 😫. What is the deal? Half on the 3rd floor and half on the lounge floor, but the lounge floor ones have tiny balconies? Is that right? If it is- a couple of questions.

I hope we end up keeping this reservation- I’ve always wanted to try these rooms and doing it over a holiday seems like a great way to do it. We love BWI CL but don’t love the BWI in general, or the pools, but I think the amazing CL and ability to walk to 2 parks will make it a great stay.
I tried to have 4 people on the small balcony, you can’t even open the door all the way because the chairs in the way,

Of course when it was just dd and I we got he large balcony,

The doorway/stairs is next to the cm desk in the hall.

We've stayed in both 3rd and 4th floor Deluxe rooms. Easy/Peasy to get from 3rd to 4th floor CL room. The 3rd floor balconies are bigger but a group your size is gonna be kinda squished anyway...unless you book the Steeplechase Suite...:):):).

I think the4th floor balconies will be way too small to fit all of you. I will be in one of those rooms next week and will take a picture for you. It is very easy to get from the 3rd to the 4th floor. There is a stairway that comes right by the hall concierge desk. I love the deluxe rooms, even though it is just my husband and I going it was the only room available with my cast discount. I am sure one of my granddaughters will be in with us.
The Deluxe rooms are great. They have a lot of room. You won’t fit 6 people on the small balcony. Honestly, it barely fits 2 people in 2 small chairs.

View attachment 651291View attachment 651292View attachment 651293View attachment 651294

View attachment 651295

If you zoom in on the last photo, the small balconies are the top ones over the bakery.
I tried to have 4 people on the small balcony, you can’t even open the door all the way because the chairs in the way,

Of course when it was just dd and I we got he large balcony,

The doorway/stairs is next to the cm desk in the hall.
We've stayed in both 3rd and 4th floor Deluxe rooms. Easy/Peasy to get from 3rd to 4th floor CL room. The 3rd floor balconies are bigger but a group your size is gonna be kinda squished anyway...unless you book the Steeplechase Suite...:):):).
Thanks everyone! Based on everyone's replies, I am going to request third floor. If it's an easy walk with stairs that are pretty much right there, I think the bigger balcony might be worth not being on the same floor as the lounge. But if we don't get our request, I think being right by the lounge will be compensation enough and might even be better.

I didn't mean to make it sound like all 6 of us will be trying to hang out on the balcony together at all times lol. I just meant that it would be nice to not be squeezed, and it sounds like only 2 could go out at a time easily on the smaller balconies. When we actually have a good view I do like to enjoy a balcony, so while I'm still torn I think the bigger one would be worth not being on the lounge floor. At least the kids are old enough we don't need the stroller at all times, and can use the stairs. Hey- at least it's still a real balcony and not the dumb juliette ones or Hawaii second floor, right?? We just stayed at AOA, and even though the view was not even comparable we missed having a balcony a lot both for fresh air and to apply sunscreen haha. Wow do those floors get slippery when sunscreen gets on them!

LOL on the steeplechase suite! This room is expensive enough! I'm hoping I might get lucky and have the AP rate show up, but at least I got that save $500 off stays of 5 nights or longer, so we aren't paying rack rate. We are contemplating adding on DVC points when VGF go on sale tomorrow, and if we do we might waitlist a DVC 2 BR and while that makes so much more monetary sense, I will be so sad if that ends up happening and we have to cancel this room.

View attachment 651291View attachment 651292View attachment 651293View attachment 651294

View attachment 651295

We had the room just to the left of the three that jut out over the balcony when we went over October 1st. Such a great view, and amazing CL.

Just got back from AKL club level. Man if anyone is thinking about doing club level for a rundisney weekend it is the best. During race weekend you need to stay off your feet more and relax and not be in the parks to save you energy for racing.
We got in Friday, they checked us in and started off with a jungle juice mismo. So lovely. We grabbed some trail mix bags and drinks to take to us with the expo. They made sure our magic bands worked and directed us to the run expo busses. When we got back dinner was served. Soo amazing, that chicken and stew was to die for... They were so nice. We asked about if we could get some food tonight for tomorrows run, we have to wake up at 2:30 am in the morning for 3am bus, and they made to go breakfast bags for all of us runners. It included bagel, peanut butter, banana and apple with water. When we got back from the run we got a mismo to celebrate our first 10k run and I ate all the sticky buns.... sooo good! Then we went to Disney springs and came back to relax at the pool. We would grad drinks and snacks for the pool. It was lovely. Then we ate a Jiko at the bar for some apps and then went to finish off the night at club level. The wine was great and again got breakfast to go. The ladies up there were so lovely always asking about how the run went and saying congrats. Sunday morning again came back and got a mismo celebration with bread pudding! Basically I just loved not have to worry about food and drinks at all while I was worrying about so many other things that were race related. Best decision, I am booked for Marathon weekend already in 2023.

Here is some of pics I took of the food.

Attachments

• club food 2.jpg
    club food 2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 18
Found the 14th floor map - see below. Hope that helps with my location description above. I'm a little partial to the Bay Lake view rooms since you have the lounge for a MK view fix and can save some money, but of course staying on the TPV side is awfully nice as well!
View attachment 649756

If I'm reading this map correctly, then there are no 1 King bedrooms with a Bay Lake view on 14, correct? And so requesting a Bay Lake view on a King Bed Club Level reservation would be a request which is impossible to fulfill?

If I'm reading this map correctly, then there are no 1 King bedrooms with a Bay Lake view on 14, correct? And so requesting a Bay Lake view on a King Bed Club Level reservation would be a request which is impossible to fulfill?

That is correct. Unless they converted that one 2Q on that side to a King in the renovation and we don’t know it yet, but that seems unlikely. So yes, the 1Kings only face MK.

That is correct. Unless they converted that one 2Q on that side to a King in the renovation and we don’t know it yet, but that seems unlikely. So yes, the 1Kings only face MK.
I wonder about that; Disney's reservation portal no longer shows standard 2Q Club Level as an option at all under available rooms - just the King or suites.

But then again, Disney's own website didn't even bother to update any of the 14th floor offerings with post-renovation photos, so... maybe it isn't a trustworthy source of what's actually available?!

Just got back from AKL club level. Man if anyone is thinking about doing club level for a rundisney weekend it is the best. During race weekend you need to stay off your feet more and relax and not be in the parks to save you energy for racing.
We got in Friday, they checked us in and started off with a jungle juice mismo. So lovely. We grabbed some trail mix bags and drinks to take to us with the expo. They made sure our magic bands worked and directed us to the run expo busses. When we got back dinner was served. Soo amazing, that chicken and stew was to die for... They were so nice. We asked about if we could get some food tonight for tomorrows run, we have to wake up at 2:30 am in the morning for 3am bus, and they made to go breakfast bags for all of us runners. It included bagel, peanut butter, banana and apple with water. When we got back from the run we got a mismo to celebrate our first 10k run and I ate all the sticky buns.... sooo good! Then we went to Disney springs and came back to relax at the pool. We would grad drinks and snacks for the pool. It was lovely. Then we ate a Jiko at the bar for some apps and then went to finish off the night at club level. The wine was great and again got breakfast to go. The ladies up there were so lovely always asking about how the run went and saying congrats. Sunday morning again came back and got a mismo celebration with bread pudding! Basically I just loved not have to worry about food and drinks at all while I was worrying about so many other things that were race related. Best decision, I am booked for Marathon weekend already in 2023.

View attachment 651439

View attachment 651446

View attachment 651448

View attachment 651453
Love those sticky buns.

Love your report - thanks for sharing. We were at AKL CL for Princess Weekend 2020 (a few weeks before the world stopped) and also thought it was a great race weekend spot. Did you happen to see if they still put up the coffee bar in the lobby this year?

I wonder about that; Disney's reservation portal no longer shows standard 2Q Club Level as an option at all under available rooms - just the King or suites.

But then again, Disney's own website didn't even bother to update any of the 14th floor offerings with post-renovation photos, so... maybe it isn't a trustworthy source of what's actually available?!

When you say reservation portal, are you talking about their website? I don't think the 2Q rooms have ever shown up as an available option online, it's one of those categories that you've always had to call to book, if I'm not mistaken.

We just booked a few night at YC CL in mid April. Saw all the wonderful food menus posted - anyone that has been recently get any pics of the beer, wine and booze selections? Gotta start planning how I’m gonna spend my evenings…

Love your report - thanks for sharing. We were at AKL CL for Princess Weekend 2020 (a few weeks before the world stopped) and also thought it was a great race weekend spot. Did you happen to see if they still put up the coffee bar in the lobby this year?
I am a strange person... I do not like coffee... so no idea. My mom just drank coffee from our room or club lv so she does not know either. Sorry. Not helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter