• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you could help advise me. We originally booked GF RPC TPV for 2 nights to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in August. But we got an email saying they will be doing construction and I know they are doing a full resort renovation so now I am really torn. It has been my dream to stay there since I was a little girl and watch the fireworks from our room but not sure if it will be special with construction going on (we aren't doing parks just resort to relax). We have just put a place hold on BC but could only get standard view for the same time but need to make a decision soon. My thoughts with BC was at least it will be really fun to do for our 8 and 6 year old who will be with us. And Epcot area is pretty. We have only stayed AKL before so don't know the others. What would you do? Risk construction at GF or no construction but not as special BC?
We are staying AKL CL again before hand and seeing these posts is making me super excited. I hope we meet Francisco!

Hello everyone! I was wondering if you could help advise me. We originally booked GF RPC TPV for 2 nights to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in August. But we got an email saying they will be doing construction and I know they are doing a full resort renovation so now I am really torn. It has been my dream to stay there since I was a little girl and watch the fireworks from our room but not sure if it will be special with construction going on (we aren't doing parks just resort to relax). We have just put a place hold on BC but could only get standard view for the same time but need to make a decision soon. My thoughts with BC was at least it will be really fun to do for our 8 and 6 year old who will be with us. And Epcot area is pretty. We have only stayed AKL before so don't know the others. What would you do? Risk construction at GF or no construction but not as special BC?
We are staying AKL CL again before hand and seeing these posts is making me super excited. I hope we meet Francisco!
Good question! Here are pix from 12/31 if you haven’t seen the view yet.

I have been at GF both RPC and outerbuilding since reopening from COVID-19. Most of the construction is currently at BPK. Then it will move to the rest of the resort. However they generally will only do one building at a time. With the Marina in front of you you “should” still have a good view no matter what. They can’t stick a crane in the lake lol.

I would keep it. The pools , boat, and most of the resort won’t be impacted. So far one building under construction hasn’t been a big issue.

Also rpc lounge is so relaxing, you just can’t compare that experience to any of the others!

If you still are not sure ask on the GF thread, lots of us die hard gf fans over there that don’t usually come here.

Last, the views from BC cl are the worst of any cl. It is mostly of a roof or a sliver of water in the distance.

Good luck deciding and happy anniversary! My 28th is today!

Attachments

• 2AD60E49-8E0B-494C-9002-3A7CB1F07029.jpeg
    2AD60E49-8E0B-494C-9002-3A7CB1F07029.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 503F2D03-69F7-467A-B46B-9FEF901DE04E.jpeg
    503F2D03-69F7-467A-B46B-9FEF901DE04E.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 12
  • E80D988E-F5FD-46B9-A7BF-59023CA3ECAE.jpeg
    E80D988E-F5FD-46B9-A7BF-59023CA3ECAE.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 1C7DBA5D-9F12-4751-9B5C-5DD235D0A0A0.jpeg
    1C7DBA5D-9F12-4751-9B5C-5DD235D0A0A0.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DD6699FD-F583-4F39-AA29-7602537DDB72.jpeg
    DD6699FD-F583-4F39-AA29-7602537DDB72.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 57619546-CD1F-4736-B08A-2836E54ADED1.jpeg
    57619546-CD1F-4736-B08A-2836E54ADED1.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 12

hi, can someone tell me what time the bwi club lounge starts serving their sunday Breakfast w/ the chef and bloody mary bar? Tia

Interesting what Disney is doing to some of the resort booking pages on their website. In the past hotel and villa options have always been presented/needed to be searched separately, but for a few resorts (WL, BWI, AKL, maybe some others) they've tinkered with the format so that ALL options - both hotel and villa - show up.

Probably a little more user friendly I guess, especially for newbies that don't understand the difference and are just searching for room options.

I think I'd be inclined to keep it. As the PP noted right now it's just Big Pink Key under construction, which I think is supposed to be done in the summer (hopefully a DVC pro can chime in and correct me here). Presumably (key word) they'll move on to other buildings after that and start the hotel work, but in usual Disney style there is no concrete info on specific plans so no one really knows.

So for now I'd be more inclined to risk construction at GF since we don't even know if there will be anything material to worry about. Monitor things and if something changes on the ground or any announcements between now and August, be ready to adjust then if needed.

That's my $0.01. :-)

Interesting what Disney is doing to some of the resort booking pages on their website. In the past hotel and villa options have always been presented/needed to be searched separately, but for a few resorts (WL, BWI, AKL, maybe some others) they've tinkered with the format so that ALL options - both hotel and villa - show up.

Probably a little more user friendly I guess, especially for newbies that don't understand the difference and are just searching for room options.

I saw that too and thought somehow they have managed to make it both more user friendly and more complicated at the same time...

Good question! Here are pix from 12/31 if you haven’t seen the view yet.

I have been at GF both RPC and outerbuilding since reopening from COVID-19. Most of the construction is currently at BPK. Then it will move to the rest of the resort. However they generally will only do one building at a time. With the Marina in front of you you “should” still have a good view no matter what. They can’t stick a crane in the lake lol.

I would keep it. The pools , boat, and most of the resort won’t be impacted. So far one building under construction hasn’t been a big issue.

Also rpc lounge is so relaxing, you just can’t compare that experience to any of the others!

If you still are not sure ask on the GF thread, lots of us die hard gf fans over there that don’t usually come here.

Last, the views from BC cl are the worst of any cl. It is mostly of a roof or a sliver of water in the distance.

Good luck deciding and happy anniversary! My 28th is today!
Thank you so much, the pictures have definitely helped me decide, that view cannot be beat!

I think I'd be inclined to keep it. As the PP noted right now it's just Big Pink Key under construction, which I think is supposed to be done in the summer (hopefully a DVC pro can chime in and correct me here). Presumably (key word) they'll move on to other buildings after that and start the hotel work, but in usual Disney style there is no concrete info on specific plans so no one really knows.

So for now I'd be more inclined to risk construction at GF since we don't even know if there will be anything material to worry about. Monitor things and if something changes on the ground or any announcements between now and August, be ready to adjust then if needed.

That's my $0.01. :-)
Thank you very much. I'm pleased to see you here still, I believe I remember your posts when I was planning our last trip 4 years ago 😊

Have all of the suites on the 14th floor of CR been updated now? We have a 1 bedroom booked lake view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter