Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Just back from our first trip to Poly CL. Honestly it was somewhat of a mixed bag for us but mostly a positive experience.

Absolutely loved being able to get up early and grab my coffee before the masses (hate coffee you brew in the room), and we had a nice time watching the fireworks from the lounge.

Breakfast was adequate, with a 3 day rotating egg, meat and starch for hot items (scrambled eggs-quiche- cheese omelet; spam-ham-sausage; waffle-pancakes-oatmeal). Tiny pineapple muffins were super tasty.
However, breakfast was very busy. Staff tried to keep up but tables were dirty with plates, food on the floor, etc. I will say they were very good at replacing food and didn't see anything completely run dry without quick replacement. Super loud in the lounge.

We were stuck with a pretty bad room. Requested 3rd floor but ended up with 1534, which is right next to the employee entrance. The were repairing a refrigerator with loud banging at 7AM and very loud talking every morning. We complained and received adequate compensation but they couldn't move us due to the building being full (“over 100% capacity”, whatever that means!). They also parked all the carts for dirty linen and trash right outside our door as there was “no room in storage”. They ended up moving them but just down the hall outside someone else’s door.

Our patio:
View attachment 665209

Hallway friends:
View attachment 665213View attachment 665214

Despite the complaints we had a great week. Did CL at the Poly just to experience it (hadn’t been to the Poly in 30 years) but don’t think I would spend the money again.
With the current pricing it may be a while for me to stay there. It was always busy and loud however I enjoy that. (Dh is a hard NO! 😂)

I just really enjoy the location of Hawaii.

Sorry you had issues, sad to say that’s not the 1st I’ve heard of issues there.

With the current pricing it may be a while for me to stay there. It was always busy and loud however I enjoy that. (Dh is a hard NO! 😂)

I just really enjoy the location of Hawaii.

Sorry you had issues, sad to say that’s not the 1st I’ve heard of issues there.
Had the same experience. I'm on the fence if I would go back. Let's say that my wife is not conflicted in any way...😉

Hello my CL peeps, would you chose WL or BC? We'll be a party of four. Three teens and me. I'm leaning towards the room of BC, but love the look of WL. What would be your preference?
I love both resorts and both club lounges. But with three teens I would choose Beach Club. The rooms are a little bigger and you can request a daybed. The lounge food is a little more teen friendly, too. And the pool is a big plus. We stayed at the BC with our teen grandsons and we couldn't get them out of the pool. They loved playing volleyball. :)

I thought the yolk would be liquid like an over easy egg, it was solid. And I couldn’t tell what was underneath, tasted like bad mashed potatoes. I know there’s a description somewhere on here, but I forget what it said. My DH couldn’t believe I would even try it, but I said, may as well while I’m not paying (extra) for it, lol.

My current view more than makes up for it.
1E5A322F-B270-43BF-8A14-055CAABB8A9E.jpeg

I call dibs on the chair dd! I found out about it 1St😂

Thanks for the pix! I think I like 12 better than 11.

* oh did you notice what kind of white wines they had? I can’t tell from previous pix.

We aren’t wine drinkers, so I didn’t look at the wines, sorry…but I did notice that they were available most of the day, maybe even at breakfast?

I’ve never heard of coddled eggs before this thread, and still don’t actually know what they are (I haven’t bothered to google it yet).

They were like some kind of weird unexpected love child cross between a poached egg and a soft boiled egg, where the entire egg (yolk & white) is runny and it’s cooked in a jar. There was bacon at the bottom of these ones, and it was okay if you stirred it all up and then dunked toast in it. I cannot picture just eating them straight, it was a really bizarre texture.

I had never heard of them before this thread either, and I only ate one because of hearing so much about them here. I guess you could call it “The CL Thread‘s version of the Tide Pod Challenge.”

I don't know how Disney makes theirs, but a typical coddled egg contains sautéed meat, vegetables, and heavy cream (yes, cream) for that special texture.

If you omit the meat/veggies and beat the egg into the cream, then you'll get a custard.

Requested 3rd floor but ended up with 1534,

Thanks for the report on your Poly CL stay. I like to say there are almost no bad rooms in Hawaii... except for this one, and I'll throw 2534 and 3534 in there too. Just too close to the elevator and service entrance, IMHO. When I've had GV rooms, I've started to request "away from the lounge" or similar language just to increase the chances I end up down the hall a bit.

Room and other observations aside, I'm glad you had a good stay overall.

Okay, following up on @GADisneyDad14 ’s post and pics of 4911, the first of the two CR Standard King CL rooms, here are some pics of 4912, its neighbor and the second of the two rooms in that category. Sorry the pics are sideways. Wish they’d fix that glitch.

Notes:
- room is much the same as 4911, with only a few exceptions
- room connects to BOTH of its neighbors so is a little loud if you have noisy people in the rooms on either side
- no wall-mounted toiletries or clothesline in shower
- single sink rather than a double, but has a tub as well as the standalone shower
- only one chair at the table, no idea if the second had wandered off to a connecting room or if it was only supposed to have the one

- great view of MK, Poly, GF, etc.

FYI, I rotated your pics in your post.

Ok, so this is super helpful...just repeating to make sure I have it straight:

4911 - 2 sinks, shower, no tub
4912 - 1 sink, shower, tub

May just be the angle of your photo, but the space between the toilet and shower in 4912 looks really tight?

4911 didn't have those same Edna Mode portraits on the wall when I stayed there (only the "Mode" graphic on the headboard wall), but I'm wondering if that wasn't in the stuff that was delayed and has since been added. Have to say I don't really like it., if I'm being honest - just too much.

Anyway, thanks for your report - very helpful to help figure out what things are like post-renovation.

They were like some kind of weird unexpected love child cross between a poached egg and a soft boiled egg, where the entire egg (yolk & white) is runny and it’s cooked in a jar. There was bacon at the bottom of these ones, and it was okay if you stirred it all up and then dunked toast in it. I cannot picture just eating them straight, it was a really bizarre texture.
That's the problem: I don't think the white is supposed to be runny but that's how they served them :crazy2:

May just be the angle of your photo, but the space between the toilet and shower in 4912 looks really tight?

4911 didn't have those same Edna Mode portraits on the wall when I stayed there (only the "Mode" graphic on the headboard wall), but I'm wondering if that wasn't in the stuff that was delayed and has since been added. Have to say I don't really like it., if I'm being honest - just too much.

Anyway, thanks for your report - very helpful to help figure out what things are like post-renovation.

Thanks for fixing the pics.

Yes, that bathroom info seems correct. It was a bit tight between the shower and toilet, not as bad as some of the odd-shaped rooms at YC/BC, but tighter than I’d expected from your pics of 4911. The bathroom seemed smaller overall, but maybe that’s just the addition of the tub?

The Edna pics weren’t bad, especially if the alternative was bare wall. The room is too big not to have some kind of decor there.

The only other difference between 4911 and 4912 seemed to be that 4912 only had one chair instead of two. Awkward for two people, but we were only there the one night so didn’t bother asking if they could scrounge up a second chair.

I can’t decide which bath set up I like better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter