Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

4911 didn't have those same Edna Mode portraits on the wall when I stayed there (only the "Mode" graphic on the headboard wall), but I'm wondering if that wasn't in the stuff that was delayed and has since been added. Have to say I don't really like it., if I'm being honest - just too much.

Well then, you’re gonna hate this

6BAA4D92-1EB8-4B5B-B681-B3DFC33B4FC9.png

It’s on the wall behind the toilet. 😂

Somewhere in the past 1800 pages (!) this has been answered over and over, but let me ask. If we don't drink alcohol at all, is club level really worth the extra? Does it vary from one resort to another? It seems to me that the food and lounge space is great, but maybe not worth several hundred dollars a day?

Well, seeing a few pages back that someone with a GF RPC stay in August got a note about construction… we had booked the weekend of Aug 26 under the Disney + rate for RPC, and we also grabbed a 2 br suite at CR at that rate (as the best backup ever…). But those freaking coddled eggs! WHY? I mean, here I am, in my giant, swanky suite (Edna and scary bathroom portraits aside), and I stroll down the hall for breakfast…and the only way to get bacon is through a weird egg and grits cup-o-foul. Why, Disney? Why? 🤣🤮

Somewhere in the past 1800 pages (!) this has been answered over and over, but let me ask. If we don't drink alcohol at all, is club level really worth the extra? Does it vary from one resort to another? It seems to me that the food and lounge space is great, but maybe not worth several hundred dollars a day?
We don’t drink, and we find value in club level. Sometimes club level doesn’t fit with our trip plans/goals. Sometimes it isn’t available. Sometimes it doesn’t fit in budget.

I don't think you will ever reach a point where club level is "worth it" from a dollars and cents point of view. Even if you were a complete lush you wouldn't be able to drink enough alcohol to justify the $200-300 per day. I found value in it from the following:
-Personalized greeting when driving up bypassing the long check in line
-great place to grab snacks/drinks/filtered water near my room, with an expresso maker available for my early AM coffee all the time
-Grabbing an app when you know there's a long wait before dinner or you don't want the quick service option.
-Good place for breakfast without needing a reservation or waiting

Whether or not these points interest you I think is more important than if you can drink or not. YMMV

I don't think you will ever reach a point where club level is "worth it" from a dollars and cents point of view. Even if you were a complete lush you wouldn't be able to drink enough alcohol to justify the $200-300 per day. I found value in it from the following:
-Personalized greeting when driving up bypassing the long check in line
-great place to grab snacks/drinks/filtered water near my room, with an expresso maker available for my early AM coffee all the time
-Grabbing an app when you know there's a long wait before dinner or you don't want the quick service option.
-Good place for breakfast without needing a reservation or waiting

Whether or not these points interest you I think is more important than if you can drink or not. YMMV
I agree with everything you at you said!

However, we have had stays where club level did become “worth it” for us! We have 4 boys, and just before the youngest turned 3 (twins) we were able to get a sugarloaf room at the GF for not much over $100 more than a regular room. We are easily able to make breakfast and dinner out of the lounge food (on days we are around at those times, but when staying CL we try to be around more often than not), so when you actually calculate in not buying breakfast and/or dinner for 6, plus all of the drinks we went though (alcoholic and not) we easily made out that trip! Pre-COVID we could also make lunch out of many of the lounges offerings, post COVID they are definitely snacks. On our upcoming trip we got a deluxe BW room with the AP discount. In this case it might not actually save us money, since it was something like $250-$300 more a night than an AOA suite (one of our only other choices with 6 people), but it will some nights- because every dinner we don’t buy saves us around $300 (or more!) and every breakfast probably $100 or more, depending on what/where we ate- more for sit down ones. Plus, and this is huge, we are at the BW instead of AOA! While I don’t hate the values or moderates at all, I like the deluxe resorts so much better! It doesn’t always work out, in fact we now own DVC so it rarely will, but sometimes you can actually make club level make financial sense! In fact, if I were more dedicated to it and we were willing to completely arrange our schedule to be at the room every day and not eat at any of our favorites, we could definitely make it make sense for us. We’re planning to meet in the middle.

If we don't drink alcohol at all, is club level really worth the extra? Does it vary from one resort to another? It seems to me that the food and lounge space is great, but maybe not worth several hundred dollars a day?
In the last couple years, you could get CL for $100-200/night extra depending on resort and time of year. That premium seems to have gone up. Keep checking and you might hit a value spot.

Sometimes a premium view room, for ex water view or TPV, can be similar in price to a CL std room. In that case, the food/drinks convenience might outweigh the premium view.

If you are 2 in a room, the value can be limited, but I think it can be a good value if you are traveling in a bigger party. You can use the lounge as extra space while others are getting ready. It's nice if someone doesn't want to go to a park one day: they can stay in the room and still have access to lounge snacks and drinks. Also, if you are at the parks all day, value decreases. Even if you don't drink, breakfast and evening snacks can make it worth it, so it depends on your travel style as well.

ymmv!

@bookbabe626, we moved into 4912 after you checked out. Small CL world. 😂. I actually liked the Edna Mode posters. They’re like framed magazine covers. I thought they were hilarious. I found the bathroom set up bizarre. First, there is absolutely no where to put soap, shampoo, a razor or anything in the shower! What the heck?! And the hand held shower worked fine, but the rain shower head…. nothing. Not a drop. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might have considered a bath. But I’m only 5’2. The tub was pretty high & has a shower door on it (why?) with a metal track. I was seriously afraid if I tried to climb out I’d slip & break my private self. :rotfl2:

I didn’t get pictures of evening offerings. Tuesday night I had a small bit of chicken in white sauce with a pasta in it. Delicious. We had dinner at Narcossee’s last night but popped in to see what they had. There was a roasted beef with vegetables, chicken nuggets, salmon, Mac & cheese, potato barrels. Plus the usual crudite & a caprese type salad. I know there were a couple other cold items but didn’t write them down.

Desserts had maybe 3 different cookies, 2
different truffles, a mousse, and a bar type item. I tried these & they were delicious

E60A116A-0C0C-491A-BB2B-6819C254FF2A.jpeg

We did the deluxe late night yesterday. It was amazing. We relaxed all day, I spent time enjoying the view & we swam for a bit, early dinner at Narcossee’s then got coffee & desserts in the lounge & watched the fireworks from our balcony. Went to the park at 10:30. A little browsing in the jewelers & started rinding at 10:50. We did Carousel, Buzz, HM, walked to Pirates which was closed, walked back to fantasyland, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Pooh, Mine Train & ended on Small World. Amazing! Peter Pan was about an 8 minute wait. Mine Train was listed as 45 minutes in the app. We got in line at 10:25. On the ride at 10:37! We stopped for a few photos on the way out & walked back to CR. I did see a bus for CR/ Transportation center pulling in as we walked back. I am newly retired & will officially be old enough for Medicare this weekend. So I was thrilled that the Old People made it to the end. 🤣

13D7EA04-01D3-4D09-87E3-001098942849.jpeg0752EE13-2E9D-475B-B9EB-597608347376.jpegCC6E23AB-FC4C-4685-BD13-26E898C142F1.jpeg

Sorry I didn’t get the pictures the right way. I think I did better with this morning’s breakfast.

2A7721DB-5F64-457F-A230-0A409783124E.jpegB39F1A2B-854D-4246-8F13-F4E33DF31BF6.jpegB39F1A2B-854D-4246-8F13-F4E33DF31BF6.jpeg92D58BF1-37CB-464E-B8BF-FB43AD7478D6.jpeg2609B972-0D7F-4D12-AB4D-308FFDB0CA51.jpegEEBC5F71-9B7A-4D7E-BFA4-C6F360BAA4E3.jpegF884A16E-8E29-435B-90C6-686FAA7D4296.jpeg5A2BBC93-4A59-4CAC-84EA-FBD7E2B10194.jpeg

Watched the Electric Water Parade on the beach. Saw the garden wing rooms that are being worked on, they’re right at the end closest to the main building. Most rooms had plastic on the windows but we could see into a few of them.8AE4F6F3-DB6C-434E-8479-DE6C57E94250.jpeg5D8902E9-8B18-4B9A-B68B-E48A374A005E.jpeg

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I wanted to add that you can take the CL surcharge, say it's $200/night, and consider if it might be nicer to take that money and spend it when you want and on what you want in the hotel bars/restaurants. It's just as convenient and it may be cheaper because you are picking and choosing what you actually want.

My family loves CL but for an upcoming stay I have booked Swan and we will spend the difference on restaurants and lounges that we choose. I would definitely choose CL again if the value worked out for us. In the meantime I get to see pictures and reviews here, for free :wizard:

@bookbabe626, we moved into 4912 after you checked out. Small CL world. 😂. I actually liked the Edna Mode posters. They’re like framed magazine covers. I thought they were hilarious. I found the bathroom set up bizarre. First, there is absolutely no where to put soap, shampoo, a razor or anything in the shower! What the heck?! And the hand held shower worked fine, but the rain shower head…. nothing. Not a drop. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I might have considered a bath. But I’m only 5’2. The tub was pretty high & has a shower door on it (why?) with a metal track. I was seriously afraid if I tried to climb out I’d slip & break my private self. :rotfl2:

I didn’t get pictures of evening offerings. Tuesday night I had a small bit of chicken in white sauce with a pasta in it. Delicious. We had dinner at Narcossee’s last night but popped in to see what they had. There was a roasted beef with vegetables, chicken nuggets, salmon, Mac & cheese, potato barrels. Plus the usual crudite & a caprese type salad. I know there were a couple other cold items but didn’t write them down.

different truffles, a mousse, and a bar type item. I tried these & they were delicious

View attachment 665555
😂 “assistance is needed in bathtub exit area”🤣

View attachment 665555
Those desserts look yummy!

Small world indeed! Hope the room was ready when you arrived. We took our suitcases with us to the lounge for breakfast, and made a point of having the concierge tell mousekeeping the room was theirs so they could get it turned over quickly. We hate having to wait for hours for our room to be ready, so we always try to get out at a decent time so we don’t inflict the wait on someone else.

Yeah, I wasn’t hugely impressed with the shower either. You could turn the lever to get water to come out of the overhead unit, but the pressure was really low and I have long hair so I just used the handheld. It was the lack of clothesline in the shower/tub that annoyed us. Nowhere convenient in that bathroom to hang swimsuits where they would dry quickly. I can’t remember from the pics @GADisneyDad14 posted if 4911 had a better shower with a shelf and clothesline or not?

Either way, I think next time we’d still request 4911 if we had the option. We don’t need the tub, and a larger sink area would have been nice. And one less potentially noisy connecting room would be good.

We own DVC but just booked a last minute trip for cash in May. I was able to grab AKL, CL, Savanna View for $549 a night so I jumped on it. My question...... Is Kilimanjaro Club back to full offerings? Breakfast there in the past has been unique and plentiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter